[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After today's lukewarm reaction to Kommo-Os Z-move reveal,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon-oras-megas.png (467KB, 635x350px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-oras-megas.png
467KB, 635x350px
After today's lukewarm reaction to Kommo-Os Z-move reveal, do you expect Megas to make a comeback next gen? They generated much more hype.
>>
>>33325640
Im dying for new Megas. Z mobes are so stupid.
>>
File: 1470508421618.jpg (54KB, 566x329px) Image search: [Google]
1470508421618.jpg
54KB, 566x329px
>>33325640
Mega evolution is trash and it should retcon out of existence.

It's just a transformation for Pokémon.
It's nothing special like New Pokémon
>>
I hope they do but atleast Kommo-Os Z-move isnt as usless as the other exclusive Z-moves
>>
>>33325678
At least it's something, this gen we didn't any megas and there still wasn't enough new Pokémon compared to previous gens.
>>
Honestly I want both.
>>
>>33325640
Nobody gave a fuck about megas last gen, and nobody will give a fuck about megas now. Cry more megababby.
>>
>>33325678
Then dont use it buddy :^)
>>
>>33325863
Megas were incredibly well received by casuals and normies, especially compared to Z-Moves, which are lukewarm across the whole fandom.
>>
>>33325640
I'd rather just have new evolutions or regional forms to pokemon that need them.

Or you know. Just make more original pokemon with full evolution lines.
>>
File: mega-autism4.png (2MB, 3530x3642px) Image search: [Google]
mega-autism4.png
2MB, 3530x3642px
Yes, bring them back
>>
>>33325903
>mega archeops.
I'd fucking cry
>>
>>33325863
I hate megas too, anon. But to say no one cares is untrue. If you go to the Kommo-o Z move trailer, so many people are clamoring for megas to make a return.
>>
>>33325976
Different anon. I'm really iffy about Megas too. I enjoyed the ones that made irrelevant Pokemon better, but I also fucking hated shit like giving Charizard two for no reason other than gen 1 service. I'd hate to say it but I'd rather them pull a gen 4 and give mons new evolutions
>>
>>33326046
Charizard was a fucking garbage shitmon before megas. Why does everyone seem to forget this? It also had two distinct playstyles and fandoms and they satisfied both. You should be questioning Mewtwo more, who didn't have a physical set at all before Mewtwo X.
>>
Megas were new designs, of course they generated hype.

Z-Moves are just lazy sideshows made by reusing existing assets (<- game freak's favorite thing to do)
>>
>>33325640
Both Megas and Z-Moves are shit. One way to make something popular is to make it broken competitively and that os what they did with Megas. Z-Moves are well balanced but they are are also trash. I know it's easier making Z-Moves and Megas than good moves and evolutions but I rather have an average move or mega than a Z-Move or Mega.

The Alolan forma are a better mechanic but the execution could be better. I hope they make a return in future games with much better execution. Megas and Z-Moves can fuck off.
>>
>>33326160
Most megas range between balanced and shitty. Only a few are outliers. It's not at all an inherently broken mechanic like you're implying, and hypocritical to say one is merely an execution failure and the other is fundamentally bad. Tapus were far worse for the power creep than megas.
>>
>>33325648
This
>>
>>33326160
>The Alolan forma are a better mechanic but the execution could be better.
This. Alolan Forms are a much more natural idea, unlike "Woah super powered forms and moves from magical crystals!".
>>
>>33325648
Fpbp.

Although I'd also like to have new regional forms.
>>
>>33326314
I really. Reallllllllllllly would love it if all regions from here on had regional forms. Too bad game freak insists on all gens having their own unique flair.
>>
>>33325863
What rock have you been living under fuckboy
>>
>>33325876
I think z-moves are fine, but they should not have been the big selling point. It actually takes creativity to make new pokemon, or even megas. I think a lot of people can "make" an OP move and give it an edgy name. That's why I'm so lukewarm.
>>
>>33325863
I'm not the biggest fan of mega's but I gotta say they were pretty well-received from what I saw. Although Megas could have been liked by everyone, but that probably wouldn't be enough to break the whole "each gen needs to be unique" thing
>>
>>33326314
Stfu bearded child. We're all playing a game about magic monsters. Not a damn thing natural about it.
>>
>>33326314
>evolutionary stones a thing from day 1
>forme changes a thing since gen 3
>combining the two is somehow unnatural
>>
>>33325903
>machamp
why
>>
File: 02d.png (519KB, 574x448px) Image search: [Google]
02d.png
519KB, 574x448px
>>33326480
>not wanting more arms

All the better to carry you with, anon
>>
>>33325640
Agreed. Megas can add something new to generally ignored Pokémon to make them more interesting.
Z-moves are boring both in concept and in battle.
>>
>>33325640
Megas should be exterminated.
>>
>>33326564
And a pain to watch. Thankfully megas go quick in animation. Primals should be treated the same as taking up a mega slot so then that amount of time watching the primal reversions is reduced
>>
>>33326480
Fun
>>
Z-moves are trash imo
I'd only prefer megas but w.e
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.