[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I shouldn't expect too much, but I can't help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

File: tf is that cloud.jpg-large.jpg (536KB, 2048x1448px) Image search: [Google]
tf is that cloud.jpg-large.jpg
536KB, 2048x1448px
I know I shouldn't expect too much, but I can't help but notice the cloud layer in the bottom left is conspicuously large and thick. The cloud in that spot in the original SM map was a lot more transparent and you could see the ocean through it. This could possibly mean they're hiding a post game area like they did with the original BW2 map.
>>
>>33322410
I mean boats are heading towards it, so it's pretty much a coin flip if something is actually there.
>>
File: Hoenn_ORAS.png (2MB, 1250x884px) Image search: [Google]
Hoenn_ORAS.png
2MB, 1250x884px
>>33322410
They did the same for ORAS. Suspicious
>>
>>33322410
That's what people speculate the last time.
I mean, not necessarily about that, but I remember something like "the cloud is totally hiding something".
>>
>>33322410
I'll be a bit more disappointed if it's nothing. Hell, I'll take a huge water area with trumpets, Wingull, and Tentacool.
>>
File: alola_large.jpg (3MB, 4000x2828px) Image search: [Google]
alola_large.jpg
3MB, 4000x2828px
>>33322427
The boats are there from before, so that doesn't confirm or deny anything.

The cloud itself, though? Perhaps. It sure is conveniently placed. It could go either way honestly
>>
Yeah the cloud is way too big this time around, there has to be something there
>>
>>33322410
My question is why i there no water in Lana's trial zone?
>>
>>33322695
There's water, it's just hard to see.
>>
File: dryalola.png (3MB, 1233x1843px) Image search: [Google]
dryalola.png
3MB, 1233x1843px
>>33322695
Brooklet Hill still has water, it's just colored differently because of the lighting. You can tell that the reflections are identical.

These other areas really do lack water, though.
>>
The map feels slightly zoomed out for me, I definitely think its a new island for sure. Im a believer of the green parallelogram
>>
Is that white stuff in back. Water or new dock

https://twitter.com/Pokebip/status/898554500499349504
>>
>>33322434

I remember when everyone was sure the clouds were covering the BF. Good times.
>>
File: wailord swarm.jpg (46KB, 444x426px) Image search: [Google]
wailord swarm.jpg
46KB, 444x426px
idk if the clouds are anything, but this is definitely new
>a large group of wailords swimming in rather turbulent waters
>large group of what looks to be fishmon
>>
>>33322932
They look like Sharpedo
>>
>>33322410
>muh clouds hiding more islands meme

Do we really need to do this shit again? They weren't hiding shit in the SM map.
>>
>>33322953
But they were in ORAS and BW2. Not to mention the clouds on the SM map were all transparent, not thick like these ones.

So far we're 2 for 3. Its likely it could happen again.
>>
>>33322932
New moms confirmed to come over like bw2? God I just want a medicham on my team
>>
>>33323006
idk, seems like something they didnt have to put this in the map for, when we alrdy were told would happen (that the dex will feature pokemon that werent in sm)
>>
File: melemele.png (410KB, 512x509px) Image search: [Google]
melemele.png
410KB, 512x509px
Some differences in Melemele:
>The empty spot of land in Hau'oli City now has a red building. Also, the mall exterior is redesigned.
>There is now a small beach area behind the motel.
>Kala'e Bay appears to have less water than before, and the small sandy islands from before are now bigger.
>>
>>33322923
Frankly it IS covering the Battle Resort.
>>
>Platinum mad Sinnoh colder
>Unova got ice nuked in BW2
>USM removes water in Alola
>>
>>33323133
Aka. it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>33322410
That cloud looks to be there for compositional purposes, in other words just to take up space that would otherwise be empty and lead the eye out of the frame.

I'd be psyched if there was something there, but the black sky above Poni isn't covered and we didn't get any new info on that, so why would they cover a new area in official promotional art?
>>
>>33323076
That could just be there to spice up the map a bit/fill out the empty area, but hey, anything is possible. For all we know, diving is a thing and Wailord is the Ride Pokémon.
>>
>>33323160
Get your eyes fixed, retard.
>>
>>33323133
5/8 lots are now built, 2 of them are the same pokefinder-related building, others unknown
>there are small beaches with a random construction on them on most islands
>some rocks have been added around poni geysers
>rocks have been removed from the bottom part of poni
>malie garden looks like it has half of its water drained
>po town has no fog/rain anymore, it might be restored
>the random wailord/fishmon swarm in the middle of the ocean
>the league is visible on mount lanakila
>thick clouds might hide something
>neck island looks less green
>wild necks exist around alola's overworld now
>random rockruff follows u, might be minigame/restricted area
>dark clouds above poni looking like distortion world
>dimensional research building in heahea is redesigned
>trailers showed us like 3-4 new areas, one of which looks like vermillion gym's interior, but it could be a replica
>we get our zring when we pick a starter
>lili and hau not shown
>random alolan vulpix shown with aether people
>>
>>33323186
There are beaches in areas that were once covered by water
>>
>>33323190
I think the beaches and the stands on them are move tutors
>>
File: Akala.png (236KB, 368x419px) Image search: [Google]
Akala.png
236KB, 368x419px
>>33323133
Continued. Akala changes:
>There is now a beach behind the Tide Song Hotel, along with a small hut. Also, the ferry terminal has a new color.
>There's a new bulding next to the Heahea City Pokecenter, and the Dimensional Research Lab has stuff on its roof.
>There's a new building on Royal Avenue, next to the Pokecenter.
>Konikoni City has a new building. Also, the archway that appeared in the first games but not on the map now appears on the map.
>>
What if the pokefinder related shop is an inworld replacement of festival plaza's shops?
>>
File: ulaula.png (262KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
ulaula.png
262KB, 400x551px
>>33323219
Moving on to Ula'ula:
>There's a new building in Malie City.
>There are a pair of beach huts on the Secluded Shore.
>There's a large crater on the side of Mount Lanakila.
>The Pokemon League is already in place.
>>
File: output_89QAOa.gif (668KB, 826x582px) Image search: [Google]
output_89QAOa.gif
668KB, 826x582px
Sorry for not centering it well enough. I used MSPaint 08.
>>
>>33322410
>>33322953
>>33322980
More like 3/4. Clouds were hiding the frontier in HGSS
>>
>>33323390
Actually 4/5 the battlw zone in platinum ALSO had clouds covering it in the first place. Second Games and clouds go hand in hand you guys its definitely hiding post game content. The one believable leak from fucking MARCH mentioned a new facility and that shit aint there on the map.
>>
YFW these beach huts are rental terminals for diving gear
>>
can't wait to hear more
>>
File: 11198897ar.jpg (4KB, 119x71px) Image search: [Google]
11198897ar.jpg
4KB, 119x71px
>>33324680
dont play with my feelings anon
>>
>>33324680
Please, I'm don't want to get hyped
>>
>>33323338
good stuff anon
>>
>>33323681
Link to "Leak"?
>>
>>33322860
>>33322932
>>33323133

Lack of water in areas, new beaches.

I bet the story has something to do with receding water levels in relation to the moon and the tide. And the sun is doing weird shit, too.
>>
>>33322410
Maybe this version of alola has crazier weather?
>>
For those of you calling us faggors for a 5th island to be added outta nowhere I ask ypu this:
Why is thw sea in the ENTIRE southwest corner still blue instead of curving around Pono much like Ula Ula, UNLESS of course an island slightly south is there, warping the reflection of the sun upon the ocean.
>>
File: literally my mom's photoshop.png (96KB, 194x193px) Image search: [Google]
literally my mom's photoshop.png
96KB, 194x193px
>>33322434
>>
File: 1473534481147.png (195KB, 640x528px) Image search: [Google]
1473534481147.png
195KB, 640x528px
>>33322860
>no more comfy rain soaked Po town
>>
>>33327726
Let me ask you ask. Why would they hide it?
>>
>>33328323
Post game content, not part of the main story. They alwaya hide that stuff.
>>
>>33323338
>Poni Island's east shore is surfable
>no rocks on it's southwestern beach anymore
C-can we surf to Exeggcutor Island?
>>
>>33328382
Thats the most curious part of the map for me,
Theres no reason for them to take out the surf area on Poni's left side especially since the rest of the area seems relatively untouched

I'm assuming it means that we could surf to the island but there's no rock dividers or anything to indicate how far we can surf to, and the entrance to exeggutor island is on the opposite side

This coupled with the new added beaches and cabanas on them all over the region make me think there's something more going on surfing wise
>>
File: Capture.png (29KB, 201x82px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
29KB, 201x82px
Made a comparison.
This is the first difference I noticed.
>>
>>33322434
I know it's supposed to resemble the ingame map but this image always weirds me the fuck out how square and straight everything is. The clouds look especially weird because they sorta look normal but also go in straight lines or perfect curves around edges of the map
>>
>>33330584
>Theres no reason for them to take out the surf area on Poni's left side

Which doesnt mean they didnt do it. There' was barely any area to surf anyway so they probably removed it
>>
>>33328382
No, the trailer showed Exeggutor island with the same Magikarp boat
>>
>>33322947
this or alomamola

>>33328382
I'm guessing this is probably correct >>33331550 and they just removed surfing entirely

>>33323338
there's a beach on route 2 now
>>
>>33326419
I believe it, the whole region seems more turbulent this time around. Notice how the ocean is a lot less calm, too. Like, I'm sure some of it can be chalked up to them livening up the place and making it more dynamic, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see those elements factor into the story in some way.

>>33328309
This just might be the one of the more intriguing changes to me. Route 17 and Po Town were notorious for their constant rain, it was part of their character.

That they would remove that is what makes me think these changes tie into the story instead of just being there to switch things up.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.