[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: things that gen 6 did RIGHT aside from dexnav everyone knows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

ITT: things that gen 6 did RIGHT
aside from dexnav
everyone knows that the dexnav was amazing and can agree with that sentiment
>inb4 nothing
>>
>>33319114
PSS
wonder trade
>>
File: Haruka Mew.png (391KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
Haruka Mew.png
391KB, 600x550px
>PSS
>Wonder Trade
>ORAS Secret Bases being a drastic improvement over the originals
>Battle Maison, while nowhere near as good as the Frontier, perfected the Battle Tower format
>Super Training
>Trainer Customization, arguably being better than SM's and allowing you to save 6 favorite outfits
>More chances to get high IV Pokemon and breeding advancements, now non-cheaters can get strong Pokemon faster than ever before and making things convenient for balltists
>Being able to add anyone you communicate with online as a friend
>Language selector at the start of the game
>Being able to fly to routes in ORAS
>Exp Share, while arguably making the maingame too easy for some, is great as a postgame EV training and leveling tool
>online battle music selector, with ORAS's including many classic battle themes
>Pokemiles encouraging players to communicate with people living afar
>O-Powers being a refined Pass Power system
>RSE characters are given more personality in ORAS, making them more memorable. Most specifically the evil teams
>being able to get both bikes in ORAS, meaning you didn't have to go back and switch all the time
>Dowsing Machine is mastered, it is as convenient as Gen V's and also shows you how far you are from the hidden item. Also allows for gridlike movement even with the circle pad.
The Gen VI games weren't perfect and are definitely missing some beloved features from the past, but they sure as hell aren't the blunder everyone here makes them out to be.
>>
FSS
Friend Safari
Pokemon variety in XY
Horde Battles
>>
>>33319333
Completely agree. And I hope to see at least some of those awesome stuff on later generations

/thread
>>
>>33319333
ORAS was a blunder. XY was fine.
>>
>>33319361
No.
>>
>>33319378
He's objective right and you're a fag
>>
>>33319333
/thread
>>
>>33319471
No. He is not you worm

Also -- >>33319333
/Thread
>>
>>33319114
I despise Gen 6, and it's easily my least favorite gen but they have a few things I guess. X and Y was a really convienient game, adding nice additions like quicker saving, the PSS, easy O-Powers, and added some nice things mechanically like new breeding changes, exp-share (outside main game), hordes, and things like Amie and Super Training. The actual game was really bad, but had nice features. I liked ORAS a lot more than XY, and I thought the game looked pretty good, and the new additions were all great. (Besides simplifying contests and removing the BF)
>>
>>33319333
double trips of truth
>>
>>33319500
>>33319333
>in XY
>in XY
>only good for blissey grinding and nothing else
>in XY
>in XY
>in XY and only in XY
>in XY
>in XY
>in XY
>minor qol change
>in XY
>in XY
>in XY
>in XY
>and yet their teams are just as casualized and shit as ever
>yet they nerfed most of the interesting bike areas
>in XY

wow yeah ORAS is so great
>>
>>33319967
>dismissing every point just because XY had it
Guess FRLG, Emerald, Platinum, HGSS and BW2 are shit games too since all the major features are a carryover from RS, DP and BW
>>
>>33319114
Breeding mechanics
Wonder trade
No longer need to go to the pokécenter to go online
>>
>>33319114
Mega Evolution and pleasing aesthetics are the only thing that hasn't been mentioned yet.
>>
Things can be disappointing without being bad is something I'd like to say to some folks here
>>
>>33320037
FRLG was good because it had a substantial number of new post-game maps and introduced the best trainer rematching feature in the entire franchise.

Emerald was good because of BF, post-game content with HOURS worth of replayability and challenge.

Platinum is the same thing as Emerald.

HGSS because it added a bunch of areas missing in Kanto and added a side game mode that's actually fun, unlike contests, as well as a new customizable safari zone. Unlike ORAS it has gym rematches and didn't casualize the game.

BW2 has a brand new story that actually builds on the previous game as well as PWT and dungeon post game. I don't know why you even included it on the list because it's not a rehash.

ORAS is just bad, plain and simple.
>>
>>33320113
Most of what made those games good came from the base games. The things you listed are just sprinkles on top.
The features people praise the games for, like Platinum's physical/special split came from the original games. Being carried over to another game still counts as an advantage that game has. HGSS copypasted Platinum's Frontier, but it still counts as a positive for both Platinum and HGSS. If all these things don't count, then Emerald and Platinum would be shit for copying almost everything RS and DP had to offer and only bringing a facility as something new to the table, and FRLG and HGSS would also be bad for having most of their major changes come from RS and DP too.
You also keep mentioning ORAS being casualized, but the movesets for all the trainers have been improved. Back in Emerald, most trainers' Pokemon had horrible moves, like Steven's Aggron using Solarbeam. Just like how HGSS improved on GSC's teams, ORAS did the same to RSE's by improving their movesets or outright replacing some, like Glacia. The only exception is Liza and Tate, who miss out on their Emerald mons.
>>
>>33319114
Online was pretty good. 3D was okay. Rollerskates were a nice bonus (sometimes).
>>
>the moment of the year to raise the last generation has begun
>>
>>33319333
>>33319361
This.
/thread
>>
File: CjcQBE6.jpg (36KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
CjcQBE6.jpg
36KB, 362x346px
>>33319114
>aside from dexnav
>literally the only thing gen 6 did right
>>
>>33319361
ORAS added most of those features, you goose
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.