[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to injecting and I wanna know a few things before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: pkhex.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pkhex.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
I'm new to injecting and I wanna know a few things before going ahead.

1) Does PKHeX rewrite the game cartridge code differently to how it was bought or is it undetectable? (I don't want you know who and VGC judges to be able to tell if I alter game data)

2) Is it safe to use or is there precautions to take? For example can my save be corrupted?

3) Is it exactly like pokegen?
>>
1) Undetectable as long as you inject legal mons, only inject mons that have a green checkmark. If your mon is illegal it will show a red /!\ icon, and you can right click it to see what's wrong with your mon.
2) I got invisible bad eggs once (They'd show on Pkhex but not in game), but it was probably because I did something stupid, and deleting them was enough to fix things. Other than that I never had any problems with it
3) Will let someone else answer it, never used that
>>
>>33313254
I don't it damages your savefile, but if you are truly worried, edit on one and trade them over to an unedited game, btw, if you can't even properly raise a pokemon, what makes you think you'll stand a chance at VGC or pretty much anywhere else? besides, faking a pokemon and making it undetectable is a difficult process and varies from pokemon to pokemon, honestly, you're better off breeding your own legit pokemon.
>>
>>33313294
>what makes you think you'll stand a chance at VGC or pretty much anywhere else?
Because I have legit competitive bred mons on my save, duh. However this shit is boring and I need a timesaver.
>>
>>33313343
This how I feel. But I also have some reservations before I start altering my game data. Not tryna get banned or whatever but also not tryna to waste anymore of my life than I have to.... might be too late for the last one though.
>>
>>33313294
>besides, faking a pokemon and making it undetectable is a difficult process and varies from pokemon to pokemon, honestly, you're better off breeding your own legit pokemon.
Sure thing Verlis, that's why we saw a Beast Ball Porygon2 at VGC Europe last time right, because their hack checks are very stringent
>>
i always just breed a pokemon, then edit it afterwards so i know it's 100% undetectable
it's all very simple really, just dont do anything stupid.
>>
>>33313254
>1) Does PKHeX rewrite the game cartridge code differently to how it was bought or is it undetectable? (I don't want you know who and VGC judges to be able to tell if I alter game data)
Depends entirely on what you do. If you just inject mons, you'll be fine. If you go around altering event flags, maybe not so much.

>2) Is it safe to use or is there precautions to take? For example can my save be corrupted?
It's perfectly safe. Especially since PKHeX makes a backup of any file you edit.

>3) Is it exactly like pokegen?
No, PKHeX works with all seven gens and allows much more to be edited. Hell, you can edit Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, and Battle Revolution saves, too.

>>33313294
>besides, faking a pokemon and making it undetectable is a difficult process
Lol no it's not, and their hack checks are hilariously lax anyways
>>
>>33313254
1) PKHeX will tell you if your Pokémon is legal. You can use illegal ones without any problem offline. But don't use them in online trades and battles.
2) I always do a backup. Not because they are risk of corrupting the save file but because I'm stupid and I do mishandlings sometimes (like deleting my save)
3) If pokegen is what I have in mind, yes and no. It does the same thing but it's really different esthetically.

And if you want to create hackmons : https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/40651-illegal-mode-issue/?tab=comments#comment-214613
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.