[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just downloaded Pokémon Insurgence. Choose my starter. Pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

File: 729.png (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
729.png
5KB, 160x160px
Just downloaded Pokémon Insurgence. Choose my starter.

Pic related. I don't want to choose Delta Charmander because everyone chooses Delta Charmander. Delta Squirtle looks the coolest, but I bet Delta Bulbasaur is the most useful, even though it looks horrendous.
>>
play a better game
>>
File: 35.gif (2MB, 356x400px) Image search: [Google]
35.gif
2MB, 356x400px
just googled Delta Charizard
>>
>>33307467
I used it on my first playthrough in an older version and yeah it's pretty good, basically a bulkier Gardevoir with Leech Seed.
Mega Delta Venusaur is even better since it gets the Special Attack equivalent of Moxie, allowing it to bruteforce sweep through any team that doesn't have a decent check to it.

>>33307539
Make better posts.
>>
>>33307539
Name a better fanmade Pokémon game.

Pro tip: You can't
>>
>>33307552
Pokémon Reborn and Rejuvenation
>>
File: 1502843545758 (1).jpg (43KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502843545758 (1).jpg
43KB, 720x720px
>>33307565
I'm playing Rejuvenation. The beginning scene was cringey as fuck, but the story after you choose your gender and pick your name is fine. I have yet to choose a starter, I'm rolling for a rare mon from the in-game randomizer machine.

Fun stuff.
>>
>>33307552
Prism
>>
>>33307552
>waits in Pokemon Sage purgatory
>>
>>33307565
>Rejuvenation

Ick. I was on-board with Reborn but Rejuvenation is an unacceptable degree of edge and "lol letz make duh first gym impossibul".
>>
File: 729f.png (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
729f.png
5KB, 160x160px
>pick Delta Bulbasaur
>get Mega Delta Venusaur
>literally win every boss fight with mega evolve/calm mind/potion spam

Delta Venusaur solos the game
Also the new Delta Venusaur looks like this, I liked it more before
>>
>>33307552
Clover, Sage, Prism, Ethereal Gates and really half of the average fangames. Insurgence is slightly below average
>>
>>33307604
This was the design before 1.2, now only females look like your pic while males look like OP's pic.
>>
>>33307605
Ethereal Gates is trash. Clover has been tanked by Nintendo. The rest are below Insurgence.

>>33307604
Guess I know which I'll be choosing. Thank God there are other Delta Pokémon that are cool enough to make up for that abomination.

Like Delta Muk. Thing looks dope as fuck.
>>
>>33307620
>male Delta Venusaur are pink stoners

Poor fuckin' mates.
>>
>>33307626
>Ethereal Gates is trash
How so? I runs like trash but everything else is amazing
>>
File: uh ok.jpg (110KB, 658x523px) Image search: [Google]
uh ok.jpg
110KB, 658x523px
>>33307620
Oh, I didn't know that.

Maybe I should LP this game, the plot gets fucking ridiculous later and it's clear the dev stopped giving a fuck. this gets dropped pretty much out of nowhere. Unfortunately, when I tried to revive the Rejuvenation LP the thread was pretty dead, so I don't know how many are interested. Maybe with Insurgence buzz there will be interest again.
>>
>>33307605
>pokemon clover
fuck off shill
>>
Anyone tried that Pokemon fangame where you have nuclear Pokemon and regional variants that are just heavily irradiated? Shit looks cash.
>>
>>33307605
>Insurgence is slightly below average
Nigga, Insurgence may not be perfect but it's still in the top 10% of pokemon fangames/romhacks. There are tons of terrible and nearly unplayable ones, Insurgence has a borderline ridicolous overly edgy storyline and some deltas and fanmade megas are ugly as heck but the gameplay, team building, exploration and sheer load of features make for an overall solid experience.
>>
>>33307598
casul detected
>>
>>33307642
What the fuck is that thing in the image
>>
>>33307685
Nigga, I play Pokemon. What part of that is hardcore?
>>
>>33307691
I'm pretty sure that's one of Insurgence's Elite Four.
>>
>>33307692
The fact you can't beat the first gym amd then whine about it seems too hardcore for you.
>>
File: uranium team.jpg (99KB, 527x424px) Image search: [Google]
uranium team.jpg
99KB, 527x424px
>>33307666
It actually has fucking great music, but later routes turn into tedious gauntlets of fucking hordes of enemy trainers that still somehow manage to leave you underleveled because of the retarded level curve after gym 5. Most fandesigns aren't great either.

Team for reference, I didn't have the xp to bother raising a 6th member. Part of the problem might be because I hacked in the red demon pseudolegendary because I hated every other fire type, which drained a fuckton of xp. I needed 2 hours of grinding at 3x speed just to bring my team up to par for the 8th gym.

>>33307691
People from an antimatter universe that Girtaian ruled and got deposed of by Arceus, so now they want a crystal from Arceus to make their world the proper world and make ours the antimatter world. There is zero fucking buildup to this until shortly before, and this is just after the 8th gym.
>>
>>33307704
I didn't say I couldn't beat the first gym, just that it was curved needlessly high.
>>
>>33307713
There's a difficulty setting you know. Try playing on an easier setting.
>>
>>33307706
When the fuck did Insurgence start being a parody? I remember everything as being overly serious and edgy
>>
>>33307467
>delta scyther and delta scizor are the same type
How lazy
>>
File: edgefighter squad.png (104KB, 656x524px) Image search: [Google]
edgefighter squad.png
104KB, 656x524px
>>33307706
uranium gym music for reference, unironically my favourite gym theme even considering official games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De-FYJJK4xo

Rest of the game is okay at best

>>33307671
Go away, thesuzerain
Themain thing Insurgence has for it are high level battles that feel somewhat impressive. The story feels edgy out of laziness and creative bankruptcy more than anything, and the region somehow makes Kalos look good with how bland it is.

>>33307626
There's no need to use Deltamons if you don't want to, I didn't. At some point you'll get to the secret abse town where you can friend safari practically every Pokemon to settle your team right there and then. Being able to use mos I liked was the main reason I could tolerate the game.

>>33307720
The creator got pretty butthurt about people calling it an edgefest. I remember once raging against Zeta/Omicron because those were actually awful and he actually apologized. I don't know why this plotline is here, but he's not the only one in charge of the game. I doubt he would have liked it at this point.
>>
>>33307744
If he doesn't like his game being called edgy... why the fuck is it so edgy? Every NPC is a cocky, murder-happy asshole that cuts their wrists whenever they lose. Are you telling me suzerain did that on accident?
>>
>>33307744
>If he likes a game I don't he's the creator
Weak retort.
Also holy shit, I named my Delta Venusaur Oberon as well on my first playthrough.
>>
So which game is the edgiest: Reborn, Insurgence or Rejuvenation?
>>
>>33307752
He tried to tone it down after I told him it was retarded when he posted in /heg/ one time, but I think it actually ended up making the game worse, because instead of being edgy and funny it was just edgy and boring. Also, it;s made by a team, the lead guy seems more or less only interested in building features like online system and whatnot.

>>33307759
it is a fitting name, but only just noticed it's female, so I changed it to Titania.

Insurgence is still terribly bland and boring for reasons stated above, but at least it's entertaining a little unlike Zeta/Omicron, which were the most uninspired things I have ever seen.
>>
>>33307770
Do you think Suzerain's games would've been better if he went full parody? Or would he fail at this too?
>>
>>33307803
Insurgence being so edgy it was funny was a fluke, he doesn't have any interest in developing a story or setting IMO. Ame and Jan of Reborn and Rejuvenation tried, and though they came out with fucking messes they were entertaining because they tried. Also pretty interesting seeing them grow older and realise how dumb the ideas they had when they were younger turned out to be, and how they'veb een slowly retconning things.
>>
>>33307803
He started making the game when he was 16 and turned 20 recently and is aware of the plot being an edgefest, if he ever makes another fangame again (he expressed being a little fed up with Pokemon and programming with Pokemon Essentials on his Twitter, so don't count much on it) it would surely be much better regardless of it trying to have a "mature" plot or not.
>>
>>33307713
git gud
gym battle wasn't that hard if you actually used good pokemon
>>
Best new megas and Delta Pokémon? Besides the starters, of course.
>>
File: yNfLbUh.jpg (449KB, 4760x3104px) Image search: [Google]
yNfLbUh.jpg
449KB, 4760x3104px
>>33307883
>>
>>33307884
Decent:
Hydreigon
Gothithelle
Magcargo
Zoroark

Meh:
Politoed
everything not mentioned

Bad:
Girafarig
Reuniclus
Marowak (in design more than anything)
Froslass
Stunfisk

Fucking awful fanfiction tier:
Eeevee
>>
>>33307959
Mega Stunfisk looks straight out of deviantART. How did suzerain think that was okay?
>>
File: 219Magcargo-Mega.png (5KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
219Magcargo-Mega.png
5KB, 192x192px
>>33307959
>Magcargo
>>
>>33308003
Is it a Water-type?
>>
>>33308003
At least it has an interesting idea, not just growing spikes. I'll give it credit for that
>>
>>33308020
Yeah instead it grows spikes and gets a fucking moat. VERY interesting.
>>
>>33307565
>Rejuvenation

cringeworthy edgelord shitgames. gloom and doom beginning town and then you get fucking challenged by hookers standing around in the streets. like, is this guy for fucking real? fuck all that fedora edge.

like dude, that fucking guy who made this might as well place his idea of a pokemon hack into Fallout New Vegas or some shit. might as well be that sorta setting at this point.

>>33307576
how do you deal with the shit lag in the battles?
the text just stops abruptly shortly before battle animations and it looks like the game fucking froze for a second. I can't deal with it.
>>
>>33307552
Flora Sky is easily better than this.

>>33307576
don't forget the fact that you can actually pick some SJW meme agender option in the beginning. it's tumblr: the game. I never dropped a game so fast.
>>
>>33308160
>agender option

You're full of shit. There's no way they really did that.
>>
>>33308160
>>33308175
Triggered?
>>
>>33308150
cheat engine speedhack to 3x

>>33308175
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/24654343/#24654507
>>
>>33308160
Flora Sky is the most bland hack in existence.
>>
>>33307837
Does he still want to be a game developer?
>>
>>33307552
Prism and clover
>>
>>33308175
um yes, they did it include that or else I wouldn't be saying it. can't be bothered to take a pic but >>33308187 got you covered with a thumbnail and people commenting on this shit at least.

>>33308212
so you prefer a rom filled with immature gloom and doom teenage angst with a shit black only wearing emofaggot protag more, right? to each their own, as I always say.
>>
>>33308175
ahahaha, he doesn't even believe it.

dude, they even shoehorned black people NPCs into this (because BLM n sheeiiit, amirite?) and the skin tone options are there as for the protag as well. I mean, we got these in Sun and Moon too now but the difference is that in SM it's authentic and makes sense based on the setting and premise but in a shithack like Rejuvenation it just felt shoehorned the fuck into this scenario and unecessarily politically charged (tilting like fuck towards the left) because you see these options right after the agender option stuff. it was legendary cringe, I fucking swear. I mean I guess I was entertained though because it was sorta hilarious.
>>
>>33308459
>Literally getting mad because there's an entirely optional aesthetic choice for the player, for political reasons that aren't relevant to the videogame iself
It's funny that people like you think having certain political positions or ideas makes you a SJW and being on the opposite of the spectrum makes you immune to this flaws, while behaving exactly in the way that made the original group hated and ridiculed.
>>
>>33308330
He said blandest, what you are talking about is at least bad enough to be funny
>>
>>33308509
sure thing buddy, it's not like the agender choice makes the fangame even more dubious and ridiculous than it already is.

>being on the opposite of the spectrum makes you immune to this flaws, while behaving exactly in the way that made the original group hated and ridiculed.

now hang on, you sure like projecting a little too much there. that's no profound critic either.
just promise me you won't get upset when some anti-fa group will one day fund a political pokemon fan game on patreon or whatever. btw some Hillary campaign fags printed shirts with pokemon references as well back in 2016. was that purely aesthetical too? so let me ask you this, fangame or not, how can it ever be bad to keep this whole franchise as apolitical as possible in pretty much every aspect? because this is exactly why I'm pointing out blatant miscalculations in terms of game design and game content. not like this hack deserves so much thought anyway. I just find it to be a good example of what nobody should try to do in game design if it caters towards a certain political affilation in real life and therefore will get backlash for it which just could have been avoided otherwise.
>>
>>33308641
>Throws meaninglessly the projecting buzzword around and then actually starts projecting himself by introducing in the discussion political groups and individuals and implying the poster that criticized him sides with them
>Keeps overblowing a little tiny insignificant feature added in a fangame from a franchise catered to children
You argue and also type like a retard.
>>
>googled delta pokémon
>only Grimer/Muk look good
>>
What gender should I pick? Are the outfits and haircuts for the female character any good?
>>
Anybody have a full image/list of all the new pokemon in Insurgence?
>>
what the fuck why the fuck did you choose anything that is not eevee. eevee gets the mega stone that gives it buffed protean that lets it turn into all the eevee forms you double nigger
>>
>>33307552
>>33267823
>>
File: ebin.jpg (52KB, 787x847px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
52KB, 787x847px
>>33308641
>being black or tanned is a political affiliation
>>
>>33310761
probably because eeveelutions are shit and base eevee makes the early game unbearable. plus there's far more broken megas
>>
File: 1483560136556.png (31KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1483560136556.png
31KB, 512x384px
I'm just playing in purity mode.
>>
>>33307706
uranium has great music but it generally feels displaced as fuck
>>
>>33307467
> I don't want to choose Delta Charmander because everyone chooses Delta Charmander.
Fuck off, fucking hipstertrash

>Delta Squirtle looks the coolest
How

>Delta Bulbasaur is the most useful
Can't argue with that one. Mostly because I have no data on the usefulness
>>
>>33307467
are there gameplay differences between the traditional and dark stories?
>>
>>33314467
Apparently not, just cutscenes and NPC dialogue.
>>
>>33308003
nah, rock/fire, but it gets a water immunity and a boost to its Sp Def when it's hit by a water move with a new ability .
>>
>>33311081
unfortunately yes, existing as a black or brown person in america is a political act
>>
Send [email protected] an email with a link to your .rxdata if you would like me to turn a whole box of your insurgence pokemon shiny.
>>
>>33317805
And reply to this post so I know that I remember to check this email.
>>
>>33307744
>Yan Di
what's it from
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.