[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Sableye got it's prankster nerf and the changes to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-748Toxapex.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-748Toxapex.png
47KB, 250x250px
Mega Sableye got it's prankster nerf and the changes to mega evolution made it so it can't Will o Wisp and evolve at the same time, which give it a kick in the teeth.
Added some more viable Fighting types (some of which got banned) that can deal with Chansey easier, Thunder Wave nerf, basically it became easier to handle
Clefable got to face more steel and poison types and more stallbreakers which kicked it in UU for a short period of time.
Skarmory got to face one more important Electirc type, Tapu Koko and more special attackers which again, made it easier to handle

It looks like SM OU is more balanced than ORAS OU now that the Bravest Bird is gone.
Until you get to see Dugtrio being able to patch up it's crappy attack that previously held it back(with those stupid Z moves), now being even better at removing setup sweepers that could threaten the stall teams.
If that wasn't enough, some GENIUS at Gamefreak created the piece of shit in pic related, buffing this stupid and broken playstyle at idiotic levels and now it's even worse that it was before.

T-thank you G-gamefreak...

>inb4 git gud
>>
T-thank you G-gamefreak for messing with my fanrules no one cares about.
>>
Bravest Bird wasn't broken in Gen VI
This was evident in high elo usage.
Now, It WOULD be broken in Gen VII without the nerf even with the new anti-priority mechanics, breaking though literally every thing that walled it after a SD and would always have access to priority Z-Brave Bird.
So, Z Moves are broken, not the bird.
>>
What prevents him from using will-o-wisp exactly?
>>
>>33297522
I must confess
Singles is way more fun than doubles
Its bonkers that it isn't officially appetite l supported
>>
>>33297720
AYO, I SEE YOU TRYIN' TO USE PRIORITY, NIGGA
And in Gen 6, abilities didn't change, the first turn you mega evolved
>>
>>33297720
Speed tiers are now cosidered after mega evolving which means you either will o wisp from the normal sableye and risk a status move that can cripple it for the rest of the match or Entry hazards, etc. Since Prankster is replaced with magic bounce it can no longer use status moves at +1 priority and mega evolve at the same time
>>
>>33297467
Dugtrio is broken even outside of stall, it's him that needs to be banned.
>>
>>33297750
I was talking about how Gamefreak had to come up with a pokemon that works perfectly on stall. It isn't broken obviously, but why they even tried to do this? At least if it didn't had regenerator it would have been much easier to handle.
>>
>>33297771
>I was talking about how Gamefreak had to come up with a pokemon that works perfectly on stall.

The thing is... they never give any sort of hint, suggestion, guide or anything on how a tweak or an outright buff/nerf could help a pokemon's viability on any team. Was their intention to give Dugtrio a strong pressence in competitive, or is this just an accident?. It's pretty clear they're aware of the basic playstyles (offense, balance, defensive/stall, being stall the one cpus tend to run on facilities like the Battle Tower and so) but just how aware are they of the current metas? Do they actually care? since the most profitable aspect of this franchise is selling colourful creatures to kids.
>>
>>33297651
Offensive Z-Moves always have neutral priority my man
>>
>>33298056
I see, but it's still coming off 126 speed
>>
>>33297467
Eject Button Toxapex is pure cancer
>>
File: yQ95xnJ.png (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
yQ95xnJ.png
56KB, 300x300px
>>33297467
I like that they changed the speed calculation for Sun and Moon. It means megas like pic related don't have to run protect anymore. They can bee the kind of bee they were supposed to bee. A hornet.
>>
>>33298127
and fell stinger give +3 this gen. WASP.
>>
File: giant-hornet.jpg (24KB, 480x383px) Image search: [Google]
giant-hornet.jpg
24KB, 480x383px
>>33298167
Hornet.
>>
>>33298316
Hornets are a type of wasp, they belong to the family of vespidae. It is correct to call them "wasps".
>>
>>33297467
Dugtrio has always done this. The attack buff is mediocre and only lets him get a few more 2HKOs.
Chansey doesn't mind fighting types since she never stays on them she just switches out, you could add 30 new fighting types and all Chansey would need to do is just switch out. You're garbage.
>>
>>33297750
Is Smogon going to try to suspect it again at all? I know they did before, but it was prior to Dug + Zard Y becoming so huge
>>
>>33297651
It really is not broken when you have that shitty typing and less than good attack. It was very good yes but flaws could really iron it out. Plus if it was still good it could keep pheromosa in check. Not that it matters on the Smogon side since bitching and whining got it banned but that would help. Priority healing could be seen as an issue but honestly its much worse on a pre nerf pranskter mon than bravest bird.
Z-Moves are not broken though. Negating protect can be a pain at times but the mechanic is dumb but very manageable.
>>
>>33298606
Really fucking odd how beedril is obviously a wasp and vespiquen is very obviously a bee and yet their names are fucked up to imply otherwise. Thank you for posting that though anon.
>>
>>33298056
Offensive Z-moves have neutral priority, but Gale Wings gives +1 priority to all Flying type moves

Super Sonic Skytrike counts as a Flying type move. Try it yourself.

The best Talonflame set is Z-move Brave Bird for a reason
>>
>>33297467
Ban Dugtrio
>>
>>33298884
arena trap*
>>
>>33298884
I can't wait for Duggy's ban. The moment he gets banned Stall will fall back on a completely different Pokemon and it will be just as viable while you retards whine about stallfags as usual.
>>
>>33298038
They simply wanted more BST to work with on Alolan Dugtrio's stat spread. Kanto Exeggutor did also receive a stat buff.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.