[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did GF remove Remoraid from all of Mantine's sprites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 226Mantine.png (118KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
226Mantine.png
118KB, 600x600px
Why did GF remove Remoraid from all of Mantine's sprites and models?
>>
>>33295207
>tfw no cute remoraid
>>
>>33295207
Game freak probably didn't want it that way.
>>
>>33295207
Confusion that they were evolutions. I knew a lot of people who thought remoreraid evolved into Mantine and plenty who didn't know octillery exists
>>
>>33295207

Mantyke

>Evolve Mantyke
>The Remoraid is still in your party
>>
>>33295276
Hell, in gen 2 it wouldn't have been that hard to forget Remoraid itself existed, what with how rare it was.

In all seriousness, I legit didn't even know Remoraid was a separate Pokémon at first, and then I thought it was in fact Mantine's pre-evo.
>>
>>33295207
because the inclusion never made any sense in the first place. it's really awkward
>>
File: 1499141950042.png (392KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499141950042.png
392KB, 853x480px
Mantine is an independent woman who don't need no Remoraid
>>
>>33295207
Because two Pokemon don't fit in one ball. Except when it's Slowbro.
>>
but you need a remoraid in your team to evolve into mantine. this doesn't make ANY sense anymore whatsoever.
>>
File: 1491879096626.jpg (15KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1491879096626.jpg
15KB, 520x390px
>>33295207
>tfw I realized that mantine is supposed to be a submarine and remoraid its cannon
>>
>>33296453
more like a fighter plane
>>
>>33296434
Yes you do
>>
>>33295348
This is 100% of the reason.
>>
As a child, I thought the remoraid was part of the mantine like a bomb under a bomber wing
>>
>>33295207
I do not know why it had to be involved with mantine in the first place and think the evolution method is dumb.
>>
>>33295348

>remove remoraid from mantine's sprite
>the sole reason mantyke requires remoraid to evolve is gone
>>
>>33298185
Yeah I thought it was a decoy Remoraid to attract prey or something.

To be fair, it wasn't as detailed as the real Remoraid art in the original Sugimori art so I guess we weren't that dumb.
>>
>>33298720
it's like those fish that hitch a ride on bigger shit like stingrays and clean them so they don't just tell them to fuck off
>>
>>33296279
t. didn't read pokedex entries
>Using its dorsal fin as a suction pad, it clings to a Mantine's underside to scavenge for leftovers.
>It clings to Mantine to feed on the big Pokémon's scraps. This is an adaptation to avoid foes.
>>
>>33298830
It was very non-detailed. For a long time I thought it was like Kangaskhan baby. I didn't knew Remoraid name, only its shape.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.