[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's just admit it. The real reason we hate the "game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20170123-085445~01.png (227KB, 503x414px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170123-085445~01.png
227KB, 503x414px
Let's just admit it. The real reason we hate the "game with every region" meme is because most of the regions are shit.
>>
Fuck off
>>
Nah, I prefer seeing a new region with new Pokémon, I don't hate the rest.
>>
No one hates that idea, it's just that we all know GF would completely fuck up the level scaling.
They usually can't even handle one region so what makes you think they'll be able to do 7?
>>
it's really because taking all that time to program all the regions is already a feat. Now come up with a way to balance out moving from region to region. Unless the 8th gym leader in one region is like level 25 for 3 mons, you're going to have a level curve that makes no sense. Even boxing mons and "starting fresh" isn't really a good solution.

Now come up with a story. Good luck getting that game out in a reasonable time frame.
>>
nah I was against the idea before Gen 6. Kalos and Alola are the only ones I'd consider bad, but both still have their highlights.
>>
>>33289898
>it's really because taking all that time to program all the regions is already a feat.
SMALL
INDIE
STUDIO
>>
>>33289876
>we
>>
It would take to long to make by 120 employee company
>>
>>33289898
>Now come up with a story.
How about no

The games are better off with no story
>>
>>33289876
Or, you know, because the levels would cap out at 100 by the third or fourth region.
>>
>>33289897
just do the same as ash
start with a new team at every region
>>
I hate it because it's a shallow request, it's like saying just make the game better
>>
File: 1485449083496.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485449083496.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
>>33289876
No OP, we all hate the idea because it's a stupid meme that has zero logic to how a game like that would work.
>>
The reason I hate the "game with every region" meme is because it's always proposed by autists.
>>
Fuck off frogposter. Don't pretend like the idea is actually impossible to make a fun and playable game out of
>>
>>33289906
>using glorified pallete swaps

Oh I didn't know you wanted the games to also be 2D as well.
>>
>>33289921
That's stupid.
That way you get attached to your party throughout the region, then have to drop them all for some new shits you won't like as much.
>>
I hate it because it's a terrible idea. There's no way to feasibly connect all of them together, keep balance and give the player character reason to visit every region all at once. The "start each region with a new team" meme argument is even worse - because then it isn't one big all-regions game - it's just a series of small regular region games.
>>
>>33289931
that's what we always do though, but just with an other protag
>>
Most of the regions borrow too much from one another. I don't want to have to deal with the slow/boring parts of reach region's map all compiled into one game.
>>
The only way you could do this would be by making one combined, giant region where each regular region only gets to have one or two gyms and then there's a final league at the very end.
But this would be Final Fantasy levels of hueg and would require so much sidecontent to keep the player interested that I just don't see them ever willing to put that much effort into it.
>>
File: protag.jpg (356KB, 900x1392px) Image search: [Google]
protag.jpg
356KB, 900x1392px
>>33289962
Change the avatar at every region and that's it.
New region, new avatar, new story, new pokemon team.

But in the end, it's literally just all the games in one game.
>>
>>33289876
dumb frogposter
>>
The problem is that there wouldn't be enough meaningful content to actually put in the game.

I'd rather have one larger than usual region than every previous region rehashed together.
>>
>>33290088
>They'll just copy paste all the games onto one cartridge
>They leave the pokemon available as is

Just imagine how many Zubat and Wingulls you'll run into by the end of the game.
>>
File: 1500251664973.png (89KB, 240x358px) Image search: [Google]
1500251664973.png
89KB, 240x358px
>>33290142
oh yeah..fuck
>>
>>33289876
Wrong. I don't want an all regions game because the pacing and lvl scaling would be shit. GSC/HGSS was a two region game and the pacing and level scaling were bad.

The "start fresh" meme raises a lot of problems as well, sentimentalfags have to give up their full teams every time they hit a new region, competitivefags will have to wait a fucking lifetime to actually get going(breeders only, injectors won't really care).

Not to mention, GF would fuck it up somehow for sure even if they did figure out how to make the level curve work. They'd end up gimping the regions or something, removing important landmarks or completely changing caves/routes in a negative way like Dewford's cave in ORAS.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.