[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best Pokémon for a Gold/Silver runthrough? Starters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 152 155 158.jpg (14KB, 428x238px) Image search: [Google]
152 155 158.jpg
14KB, 428x238px
What are the best Pokémon for a Gold/Silver runthrough?

Starters as well as early-game Pokémon and later additions.
>>
>>33289248
There's no such thing as best, use what you like.
>>
>>33289248
Just inject lol
>>
>>33289248
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gsc-in-game-tier-list.3525167/
>>
>>33289248
Female Geodude is hella useful for Whitney to counteract Attract and Rollout. Plus Rock-type beats Falkner and Bugsy.
>>
>>33289248
Houndoom has better stats than the fire starter but it's a later addition so it's not worth it, ttar is the same, you should probably just trade the mons you want from DiaPer
>>
>>33289281
Any Geodude, really. It can be found at two different locations before the first gym, has a good matchup against the first four gyms and loads of trainers, and never really ceases to be useful.
>>
Totodile is the best starter.

Also, I recommend using solely your starter. Don't ever use anything else in battle at any point. Otherwise, you'll be enormously underleveled against Red.
>>
>>33289307
>DiaPer
He said Gold/Silver, not FartGold and AssholeSilver.
>>
>>33289248

In-game is easy enough as is.
>>
>>33290552
You can use it as a HM slave with Surf, Strength, Cut and Whirlpool. Surf and Strength are 100% accurate, reasonably strong moves, and have perfect neutral coverage between them.
>>
>>33290613
Holy shit, are you me? I used to have exactly that moveset on my Feraligatr in every playthrough as a kid. And it was always the only mon I ever used.
>>
>>33290620
You can't deny that it's immensely practical.
>>
>>33290659
Yeah, that's why I started having a lot more trouble when I got older and decided to play the games more 'properly', resulting in my team being 20 levels below Red's. Instead of being able to Strength and Surf my way through with something on par with what he has.
>>
>>33289248
Don't take Totodile, and get Wooper and Mareep as soon as you can, since learning EQ naturally and Fire/Thunder punches are nice to have.

>>33290552
>needing levels against red

His team is still mostly awful, you could just set up against his Pikachu with any old ground type.
>>
>>33290674
The Geodude you caught early on to help with the first few gyms will have evolved into a Graveler who beats Pikachu, Snorlax and Charizard on his own.
>>
>>33290833
>catching an ugly geodude to begin with

You can't Surf on a geodude, either.
>>
Wooper
Water/Ground a best
>>
>>33290552
Nah, you can just use any Ground-type and X-item boost your way to victory against Red's Pikachu.
>>
My team is always:
Typhlosion/ Feraligatr
Furret
Houndoom
Jumpluff
Arbok
Gengar
>>
>>33289248
Cyndaquil, geodude, zubat, mareep, wooper (replace w/ red gyarados if you want) and abra makes for the best gs team imo
>>
Rocky is also pretty good for the first three gyms.
Mareep offers thunder/fire coverage if you don't choose Cyndaquil.
Wooper has two good types and naturally learns Earthquake.
Magnemite and Umbreon have good types that are hard to get without Kanto or trading.
>>
>>33292453
>onix
>pretty good

it doesn't matter how hard you resist the first three gyms, it's still an Onix.
>>
>>33289248
vanilla gs, yes?

gengar, crobat, ampharos, feralgatr, magneton, tauros, alakazam, mantine if you're lucky, slowbro
>>
File: IMG_8965.gif (440KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8965.gif
440KB, 186x186px
>>33289248
Politoed faggot
>>
>>33289248
https://www.gamefaqs.com/gbc/198308-pokemon-gold-version/faqs/10977

I'll leave you this to ponder on breeding for moves
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.