[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why almost every Pokémon can inflics bad poison?! I really can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: TOX.jpg (57KB, 781x297px) Image search: [Google]
TOX.jpg
57KB, 781x297px
Why almost every Pokémon can inflics bad poison?! I really can't see a Jigglypuff or a Teddiursa poisoning me.

And also, why aren't those Pokémon not able to learn it?!
>>
>>33288929
They throw their poop.
>>
>>33288929
Feces stupid. Toxic is just weaponized feces
>>
>>33288963
No it's not. The jap name is clearly "Excessive Poison". Your poop is gross, but not poisonous.

And also, are you saying Burmy or Spewpa don't poop but Wormadam, Mothim, Scatterbug and Vivillon do?
>>
>>33288961
>>33288963
oh my god
>>
Those listed pokemon, except for Magearna, can only learn TMs for moves they learn naturally. Wobbuffet only gets safeguard, Unown hidden power etc.

Maggie is excluded just because they decided not to give it to her. Gen 7 has been weird like that. There are a few final stage alolamons that can't learn hyper beam, for example.

TMYK
>>
>>33289057
not to mention that most of the UBs tend to not learn moves learned by 99% of Pokémon
>>
>>33289206
Nice
>>
>>33288991
>The jap name is clearly "Excessive Poison".
It really isn't. Bulbapedo's translations are retarded as fuck.
>>
>>33289520
Do you have an alternate translation or does shitting on bulbagarden just get you hot?
I have no reason to trust this post
>>
>>33289581
The Japanese name translates fairly straight to Toxic
>>
>>33289581
The Japanese name is just "dokudoku", which is just the word poison twice. It's almost always used to refer to animals that have venom powerful enough to kill humans. "Excessive poison" is kind of a bizarre translation.
>>
>>33289581
Toxic or Venom. Since the official translation is "Toxic", there's no point in translating it differently, since that just implies the alternate translation is "more accurate".

There's noting "excessive" about it, and I doubt their genius translator even knew what excessive means.
>>
>>33289667
>>33289692
Listing the word twice does seem pretty excessive
>>
>>33289706
>yfw that's actually how they thought
>>
File: bulbapedo grassknotgrassrope.jpg (32KB, 650x109px) Image search: [Google]
bulbapedo grassknotgrassrope.jpg
32KB, 650x109px
>>33289667
Bulbapedo's "more accurate translations" have always been a fucking joke.
>>
It might be a japanese pun, since "dokudoku" is an adverb that means "gushingly" (imagine crude oil pouring out of a busted pipe)

Meanwhile, "doku" means poison, and you have two "doku"s.

I think their translator took too much liberty with the translation.
>>
>>33288929
Magearna cannot learn toxic ?

That makes sense but then why can Metagross ?
>>
>>33289729
No, it's not a pun. As >>33289667 said, dokudoku IS used to describe something poisonous, usually in adjective forms.
>>
>>33289729
Bulbapedo's translators are well known for not really knowing Japanese very well.
>>
>>33288929
It's a ninja move
>>
>>33289723
Wow.
>>
>>33289755
Google search is only coming up with japanese pokemon wikis and dictionary pages like this:

どくどく ドクドク

どく‐どく
[副]液体が勢いよく盛んに流れ出るさま。「血が傷口からどくどく(と)出る」

Unless you can back up your statement with evidence, it's not believable. Maybe it's childish talk, or possibly the pokemon move became popular enough where it was backported into the main language as slang (but unlikely since this would show up on google).
>>
>>33289853
>usually in adjective forms
どくどくしい is what you want to look up.
>>
>>33289862
cool thanks
>>
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Toxic_Orb
I like how they actually DO translate it as toxic here.
>>
>>33289744
Metagross is an organic creature. It doesn't make sense by using real world logic, but Pokemon rules say a giant metal crab can be organic.

Magearna is a robot. Not a robot-like Pokemon, but an actual man-made robot that isn't alive. The scientists who built it also managed to create an artificial Pokemon that was nothing but a glowing ball of light that could only produce energy. When it used the artificial Pokemon to power the robot, they collectively became the Pokemon Magearna. The reason it has no Toxic is because all of its attacks, except Fleur Canon, come from the robot and not the Pokemon part of it.
>>
ITT: Doku Doku no Mi isn't a poison fruit
>>
>>33289905
The dub translates it as "Venom Venom Fruit" for a reason.
>>
>>33289905
Doku Doku no Mi is using the pun >>33289729 theorized. Pokemon probably isn't (although most of Toxic's 3D animations do look like a big gush of poison, so whoever animated them probably liked the pun).
>>
>>33289924
Now explain why Doku Doku no Kiba and Doku Doku Dama are named the way they are.
>>
>>33288929
marker ink is toxic as hell, and it seeps into blood via skin
>>
>>33288929
because fuck you
>>
>>33289963
I Kek'd at this final conclusion of the thread

But leaving that aside. I don't see how every Pokemon has some sort of "poisonous organ" that allow them to learn that move

How the fuck is that possible?

Maybe it's a reference/pun to the Pokemon Community; and how most of them are dokudoku players?[\spoiler]
>>
>>33289667
>>33289581
>>33289853
Best translation I can find seems to be "poison-like, but not necessarily actual poison" which supports >>33288961 >>33288963
>>
>>33290485
Props to megearna for surpassing the need to poop
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.