[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait a minute.. I can't trade pokemon from S/M back to an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: excadrill.png (532KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
excadrill.png
532KB, 1024x576px
Wait a minute..
I can't trade pokemon from S/M back to an older gen even with pokebank?

I was gonna put back a 6ib ditto and excadrill so I could breed for and get iron head, but apparently that doesn't work.

Do I really have to get a new one, breed it, then use bottle caps in S/M to max its IVs?
>>
>>33285073
>I can't trade pokemon from S/M back to an older gen even with pokebank?
No, you can't. They warned and explained this several times before the update.
>>
>>33285099
I guess I'm only now realizing that it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>33285110
How is it fucking retarded? Or maybe you meant to say "I'm fucking retarded". Which would make sense because you are fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1502655304246.jpg (34KB, 318x359px) Image search: [Google]
1502655304246.jpg
34KB, 318x359px
>can trade across gen 1 and gen 2 as long as its not a gen 2 mon or has gen 2 moves
>can't trade across gen 6 and 7
>>
>>33285073
Your only real option in this regard, anon, is to get PKSM on your 3DS. The bank there can transfer 6 <-> 7, I believe.
>>
>>33285073
Just inject lol
>>
>>33285230
there's no god damn reason you shouldn't be able to trade pokemon that are obtainable in previous gens back to old gens.

Kid ,do you remember Gold and Silver?
>>
>>33285329
That's because they buffed/nerfed stats between gens

they didn't do that in the link cable days
>>
>>33285329
>>33285353
Also they changed some abilities, like Gengar's.
>>
>>33285230
Not him, but it's retarded because the Time Capsule existed in Generation II allowing for full backwards compatibility, as long as the Pokémon in the Generation II game met certain conditions like
1) No Generation II Pokémon in the party
2) No Eggs in the party
3) No Pokémon with Generation II moves in the party

With Pokémon Bank, backwards compatibility should be a given. Yes, every Generation introduces new content on older Pokémon that wouldn't be compatible with earlier games, like new moves, new abilities, new ribbons, etc. So what Bank should do is the following:
>A Pokémon transferred into the Bank should have a flag set that it was transferred from a specific game
>This flag is stored along with other information that would only specifically apply to certain Generations
Example: Pikachu (Generation I)
Language: English (North American)
Transferred from: Sun (Generation VII)
Move 1: Quick Attack (Generation I)
Move 2: Nuzzle (Generation VI)
Move 3: Thunder (Generation I)
Move 4: Wild Charge (Generation V)
PID: ######## (for verification)
Original Trainer: @@@@@@@
Original Trainer ID: ######
Secret ID: ######
Transferring to: Diamond (Generation IV)
And so on

Transfer this Pikachu back to Diamond and it'll lose a lot of information, but all the information that would be lost would be kept in Bank. That way, if you wanted to transfer forward again, you could get back all your specific ribbons, ID, OT, optionally moves, and so on, and you'd be able to verify that the Pikachu transferred from Diamond is the same one from Sun by comparing the PID and other unchanging values..
>>
>>33285073
I feel like you people are forgetting that generation 1 and 2 did not keep track of the pokemon's origin of catch. I.E. Routes and buildings, etc.

I could be wrong, but I think that's why you can't back-trade. Once a pokemon is encoded as having existed in a new game it can't be traded back. An older game can't recognize a location that has never existed before it.
>>
>>33285370
Gen 2 was awfully simplistic as well. Nowhere near as advanced. Bottle Caps and all of those things can present a problem when going back and forth. So chill with the nonsense. If you think its that much of a problem, learn how to program and work for them. If not then there's a simple solution: Don't be retarded.
>>
>>33285353
>>33285362
>>33285423

Those have nothing to do with anything. Stats, abilities, locations etc. are given based on the game indices for whatever the Pokémon file says it should have.

The real reason not to allow transfer back are modifications to the Pokémon file themselves that the past games don't have which would either delete stuff or cause errors when that index number doesn't exist.

Location may be a problem if the new game has more locations, but considering they keep removing shit I doubt that's a problem.

In other words, would you rather be blocked from transferring back or from transferring back and losing Hyper Training, for example, since it doesn't exist in the Gen 6 file?

You know there would be a massive amounts of complaints from players too stupid to take that into account. They're preventing it from ever being a problem in the first place.
>>
>>33285248
The worst part is mechanic-wise gen 6 and 7 aren't even all that different besides minor changes.
>>
>>33287586
>Those have nothing to do with anything. Stats, abilities, locations etc. are given based on the game indices for whatever the Pokémon file says it should have.

Actually >>33285423 is right. Location index numbers are re-used each gen to save space. The game checks if the Pokemon is native to a previous game and displays its home region instead of the location corresponding to its index number. For example, a Pokemon caught on Route 5 in Black will say it came from Unova in gen 6 or 7 even though its location index number corresponds to Santalune City and Hau'oli City respectively, because the game knows it didn't come from the current gen.

This works going forward because each game is coded with the previous games in mind, but obviously it can't work in reverse because they don't know all the future games and regions they'll make. If you could transfer a Pokemon caught in Hau'oli City back to gen 6, the game wouldn't recognize the game it came from and therefore would erroneously state that it was caught in Santalune City.

Of course this is trivial to remedy with a patch, but Game Freak is both lazy and incompetent, so it shouldn't be a surprise they decided not to patch the old games and instead just block back transfers altogether.
>>
>>33285575
>Bottle Caps and all of those things can present a problem when going back and forth.

Not true. PK6 and PK7 files are the same size, which means that added features like Hyper Training are encoded in unused bytes already present in PK6 files. In fact you can easily inject a Pokemon in gen 6 that becomes Hyper Trained when transferred to gen 7 if you know which bytes to edit, in the same way people used to inject Pokemon into gen 5 that gained the pentagon when transferred to gen 6 before they patched Transporter to block them.
>>
>>33285073
Cool i love Pokémon too but it sucks that Best Wishes were so bad. I hope we get to see Ash new Pokemon get stronger and hopefully a reunion at the Pokemon league.

Thank you !
>>
>>33285370
How would Pikachu be transferred to gen IV if it has moves that didn't exist in Gen IV yet?
What would happen if it tried to use nuzzle in Platinum?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.