[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Freak On The Importance Of Balancing Player Freedom With

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgTUuEG96K4
>>
>>33284894
They have clearly failed.
>>
>>33284918
Lies! They have clearly succeed.
>>
>>33284955
Lies they has no grammars
>>
>>33284894
Can someone post the info given in these videos?
>>
>>33284894
The problem with this open world business is that GF and people don't understand that there can be a middle ground between being fully open and having a story to follow.
Games like Dragon Quest 8 are a perfect example of this because you get to spend a lot of your time exploring and doing side stuff while still following a story. The game opens up a shit ton early on, the story is non-intrusive, and it's very easy to put off doing story stuff and fuck around for hours.

Pokemon can easily be structured like this, but with how lazy GF is I doubt they'll move away from railroading the player hell and back anytime soon.
>>
>>33285022
Typing is hard and boring. Watch the videoooo
>>
>stay with the same formula, get shit on by your """"""""""fans""""""""""
>stray from your original formula, still get shit on by your """"""""""fans""""""""""
There's no winning for Gamefreak
>>
File: 1478061362635.png (25KB, 507x565px) Image search: [Google]
1478061362635.png
25KB, 507x565px
>>33285820
Shut up retard.
>>
>>33284894

Why was plot and map done way better in previous generations then? Lots of problems with Sun & Moon would have been solved if they didn't block paths so often and if the routes weren't just halfways.

Being forced to do battle royale was the worst part.

I miss when surf had hidden paths and shortcuts like in HGSS. Water feels just like decorarion in Sun & Moon.
>>
>>33286262
No offense, because I agree with most of what you say, but you chose pretty much the worst examples possible.

>Being forced to do battle royale was the worst part
Really? Being forced to to a battle-based minigame is the worst this series has put you through? After they did the same thing for Pokestar Studios? After the same series put you through minutes of meaningless dialogue that you have to hammer A through, having a low-consequence battle is the worst part?

>I miss when surf had hidden paths and shortcuts like in HGSS
>>HGSS
>>
>>33286317

The battle royale just felt poorly timed, and it was so disappointing it made me dislike that part after it happened. Yes everyone hates cutscenes.

Getting to areas you weren't supposed to get to yet throught secret paths have been possible in previous games. The routes were a lot more open. S&M are just a rail.
>>
>>33285095
Truly Comcept 2.0.
>>
>>33286262
>Why was plot and map done way better in previous generations then?
Are you kidding me?
>>
What's amazing is they did this pretty damn well with ORAS. They gave characters like Norman, Wally, and Brendan more depth and character development, but still kept (most of) the player freedom from R/S/E, with little blockades.

I know they're remakes of games before the series started getting linear because of Gen 5, but still, you would've thought they wouldn't have forgotten this formula THE VERY NEXT GAME.
>>
>>33284998
Reply to me like dat again and I'll Brave Bird your fuckboi ass so hard I would faint from the recoil.
>>
>>33285820
>stray from your original formula, still get shit on by your """"""""""fans""""""""""
Yes because people wanted a visual novel instead of an actual game.
This seems more like spite than changing anything, especially with trials and alola in general being more of the same with less exploration.
>>
>>33285820
>people complain the games are too restrictive
>make the games even more linear and story-focused
>people complain
It really activates my almonds.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.