[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We finally upgraded from the outdated 3DS and Pokémon is moving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_0056.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0056.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
We finally upgraded from the outdated 3DS and Pokémon is moving to a hybrid console...

Why are people in such a shitty mood about this?

Why are people insisting that Pokémon Switch will be ugly when BOTW and Odyssey look so beautiful?

And why aren't people talking/speculating about this game very much?
>>
File: 1462625767853.jpg (81KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
1462625767853.jpg
81KB, 444x444px
Game Freak tackled us to the floor when they released XY and they've been kicking us ever since.
>>
>>33283866
because half of /vp/ is underage and has never switched consoles or handhelds before, and they are whining because their parents won't buy them a switch
>>
Because half the people on this board only bought a 3DS for Pokemon and they don't want to only buy a Switch for Pokemon because it's expensive as hell, so they'll just justify it to themselves by saying it's gonna be shit, and end up buying a switch for Pokemon a few years down the line anyways.
>>
>>33283866
>And why aren't people talking/speculating about this game very much

It's over a year away and we know almost nothing about it other than Masuda telling us to lower our expectations
>>
File: masuda (2).png (236KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
236KB, 336x418px
Keep your expectations low. Gen 8's likely to not be optimized, will run worse than Gen 7, and will have even LESS features so they can introduce them again in the Revised Versions or Sinnoh Remakes while shoving a new gimmick and a new batch of supposed shillmons down your throat, and you're going to love it.
>>
People would be more excited if the quality of recent games actually remained consistent like emerald, platnium, hg/ss, and bw2.
>>
>It's over a year away and we know almost nothing about it other than Masuda telling us to lower our expectations
But what else is there to do on this board?
Keep talking about how we all hated SM?
>>
>hybrid console is neither powerful enough to satisfy consolefags or portable enough to satisfy handheldfags
>as GF demonstrated on the jump from PS1 level to Dreamcast level the games will likely only get worse as they jump to PS3 level as the amount of work needed to put the game together climbs
>>
>>33283903
this.
i could see them trying way too hard to make the game pretty but end up comming short on other things because of this, plus they're pretty bad at coding so the switch games will be very flawed in many aspects.
The best thing you can do Op is just to keep your expectations low so when you see that the games are gonna be dissapointing you won't be bitching about it like many people here already did with previous games.
>>
>>33283866
> And why aren't people talking/speculating about this game very much?

dunno. especially given it's released about the same amount of info as Ultra Sun and Moon.
>>
>>33283953
it's stronger than the wii u when docked and is surprisingly portable
>>
Oddsey looks like was aesthicaĺly

Arms looks much better

Do you play games besides Nintendo?
>>
>>33283969
>That one time when we got gen 8 news before usm news
>>
>>33283953
how much more power do you fucking need
>>
File: 20170813_143939.png (2MB, 2476x697px) Image search: [Google]
20170813_143939.png
2MB, 2476x697px
>>33283979
>144p tier picture
If your going to rant about a game atleast try
>>
>>33283994
This doesn't look that good
>>
File: DCZCucSUMAEQSUP.png (970KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DCZCucSUMAEQSUP.png
970KB, 1280x720px
>>33283994
>>
File: DBXfsNsUQAAqfnk.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DBXfsNsUQAAqfnk.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>33284028
>>
File: 1369525177704.png (227KB, 793x736px) Image search: [Google]
1369525177704.png
227KB, 793x736px
>>33284020
>he still cares about graphics in 2017
>>
>>33283866
>Why are people insisting that Pokémon Switch will be ugly when BOTW and Odyssey look so beautiful?
Because Gamefreak is fucking lazy
Its just going to be the same unambitious substanceless garbage they've been recycling for the past 20 years except this time itll be inexcusable because the technological limitations arent as great
>>
>>33284045
The thread about graphics. Come into thread saying this
>>
>>33284044
>dat low polycount
>>
>>33283866
Switch has shitty Wii U graphics, which are still outdated as fuck.

People are pissed for a number of reasons:

- Switches are expensive and hard to find.
- It is going against tradition for a series called POCKET Monsters to have a core RPG title on a system you can't fit in your pocket.
- Handheld mode for Switch is shit.
>>
>>33283953
>Switch isn't powerful enough
It is infinitely more powerful than the 3DS you dumb whore.

>Switch isn't portable enough
Nobody, I mean NOBODY, actually plays Pokémon on the god damn train.

If portability is literally one of your main complaints then I can tell you're just looking for reasons to bitch and moan.
>>
>>33284115
Handheld mode is still way way better than the 3ds power
>>
>>33284115
if a 3DS XL can fit in your pocket then a Switch can too.
>>
>>33284115
The 3DS is way more outdated though.
>>
>>33284148
The only people are pissed are people in 3rd world countries who can't afford switches.

Game freak doesn't care about so doesn't matter
>>
>>33284044
About the same doc
>>
>>33284143
You need some deep ass pockets to fit a Switch in its handheld mode (JoyCons included) in a pocket. A bag definitely, but not a pocket.

3DS XL can fold. The Switch can't.

>>33284123
The point I'm making is that Wii U graphics on a Switch are still outdated.

You're not getting the best tech on a Switch.

As for handheld mode, lugging around a big ass tablet with the JoyCons everywhere you go is shit. 3DS has appeal because it is lightweight and portable.

It defeats the purpose of a portable handheld series to be on a console whose portability is mediocre.
>>
>>33284238
Everyone chucks their 3DS's in their bag anyway.
>>
>>33284292
>implying i carry around a purse

what are you, gay?
>>
>>33284238
The graphics for a console are outdated. As a handheld it's more impressive. Next best thing on the market is the Vita.

You call it a "big ass tablet" in a time period people carry around iPads and Notes. Maybe carry it or get a bag instead of judging everything's portability by how big your pockets are.
>>
>>33283866
Nigga I don't wanna pay for a switch I'm working class and i got better things to spend money on like body pillows and lube.
>>
>>33284330
>a 20-30 year old whipping out a 3ds from his pocket to play pokemon. what sounds less gay
>>
>>33283866
>Why are people in such a shitty mood about this?

Probably because it's paid online on a console that has nothing but ports ft Arms. I don't give a shit about the graphics, but having to pay to evolve many pokemon is bullshit
>>
i'm excited since i'm not poor and own everything but i'm worried about this>>33283899 when did masuda say this? i mean they did say it was going to be a full pokemon game right?
>>
>>33284359
>>33284330

>homophobic faggots scared about the world
>>
>>33284400
post pics of your purse
>>
>>33284389
he said dont have expectations too high, its gonna be normal pokemon game. if your enjoying them now than you will enjoy this one. it wont some drastic gameplay change like these skyrim fans want
>>
>>33284406
then i guess i am ok with this? i wanted a more open world pokemon game but i will be happy with just an updated graphic and at least a solid 30fps in all battle modes.
honestly guys if you have high expectations from GF right now then you really havent been playing pokemon that long.
>>
people who are bitching about the price and only buy nintendo systems for pokemon should understand the ds lite came out in march 2006. pokemon diamond and pearl released november 2006. The 2ds released october 12th 2013. pokemon x and y released same day. A cheaper revesion will definitely come when pokemon switch releases
>>
>>33284468
>a Switch revision coming out a literal year after it releases
Oy vey, thanks for beta testing goys!
>>
>>33284480
the 3ds xl came out july 2012. 1 year after 3ds
>>
>>33284480
wouldnt put past nintendo but i wonder what can they change on the original switch? more battery life is all i could ask for.
>>
I'm just glad Masuda BTFO all these faggots saying the game would be portable locked and unplayable on the dock.
>>
>>33283921
Cool, someone read my thoughts and posted for me.
>>
>>33284238
>You need some deep ass pockets to fit a Switch in its handheld mode (JoyCons included) in a pocket.
>what is taking off the Joycon and putting them in another pocket.

Are you going to complain your 3DS won't fit in your pocket while open too?

It's meant to close they're meant to be taken off. Do it and shut the fuck up with your nonsense complaints. Tablet fits in a pocket just fine. It's barely bigger than an iPhone.
>>
Simply answer:
Poorfags
>>
People aren't excited because game freak doesn't care about fan feedback. They make whatever what and we drones buy it

No point if wish lists or speculation just for official news that's all
>>
>>33284380
>he doesn't know there are dozens of games on the way just this year and that most games on all console are cross platform and thus ports.
>>
>>33284380
Also, by the way, paid online was said to be for some games, not all.

Event Pokémon wouldn't make sense in a paid online system. Bank and Pokémon in general, the best selling series on Nintendo platforms that isn't made by Nintendo themselves will have the freedom to tell Nintendo to go fuck themselves as it relates to paid services.

Especially since the information for the online says most, not all meaning it's already open to not being that way:

>You'll be able to play compatible co-op and competitive games online by signing in with your Nintendo Account. Online play is free for Nintendo Account holders until our paid online service launches in 2018.

>After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online. Currently the free-trial, the paid service, and online play (for applicable modes in compatible games) will be available for customers in the US, Canada, and Mexico. For the latest list of countries, please visit Customer Support.

>This service is only for Nintendo Switch. It does not affect Wii U or Nintendo 3DS systems or online play.

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/switch/online-service/

Do go on making nonsense excuses though when there are actual reasons it's not likely to be as good. I'm sure Game Freak appreciates your ignorance.
>>
>>33286256
You say all that as if Nintendo wouldn't make a lot more money off this if it was paid
>>
>>33286303
Makes 0 dollars for game freak and TPC

Gamefreak and TPC decide what they want. Masuda told Nintendo to fuckkk off about using the 3d in 3d. Only did it for battles
>>
>>33283866
Stop spamming this thread
>>
I want everyone to skip to 11:23 secs of this video

The relationship of game freak and Nintendo is so so overstated

Game freak can tell Nintendo to fuck off anytime they want
>>
>>33286401
https://youtu.be/qi4bxT_Bb4c
>>
>>33283866
It doesn't matter that much if Game Freak will only spend a hot dog and a beer on the programming department, and infinite money on marketing.
>>
>>33283866
>when BOTW looks so beautiful
I can't believe people actually think this game looks good. it has the worst appearance of any major game I've ever seen. Only indie shit is worse than it.
>>
>>33283866
>hybrid console...

See, thats the problem. I own a Switch, this isn't a fucking upgrade it's forcing me to play pokemon on something I can't even properly fit in my pocket nor take many places. Unlike half the people that hang out in the dark playing their 3DS in the basement I actually have places to go.
Giving up everything makes a game what it is for the sake of better graphics is why video games are so hit and miss these days.

On a graphical standpoint X/Y weren't even good for 3DS games, and the first gen on a system is gonna look like balls anyway.
>>
>>33286172
>It's meant to close they're meant to be taken off.

One is meant to close from a portability standpoint.
The joycons come off for playing, and cost 1/3 the console price to replace.

>>33286506
I'm more asshurt about the inevitable sharing save files between accounts that we'll have to deal with. 1-2 Switch allready does this so the capability is there and we *have* to sell that second version somehow!
>>
>>33286506
I take my laptop to school everyday in my big. Not a issue transporting stuff

If your one of those 30 year olds who play Pokemon on a bus or train. You have no right to call anyone a loser lol
>>
>>33286256
>Event Pokémon wouldn't make sense in a paid online system.

Pokemon is one of the games that will absolutely have paid online because it's a cashcow that will literally sell no matter how much they ask for it.
This is almost as dumb as the people claiming it will retail for 40 dollars because it wouldn't make sense to charge the same price as other Switch games.
>>
>>33283887
Don't like it then don't buy it, fag.
>>
>>33286529
I take my laptop to school every day as well.
I don't see what this has to do with the Switch taking up too much room to be practical when bag space is already wasted on better things.

I can just shove my 3DS in my pocket and be on my way, especially since the 3DS is reverse compatible and I have the DS library as well.
>>
>>33286532
Who decides if game has to have online? Nintendo does. Gamefreak doesn't make money off that

Gamefreak doesn't care about Nintendo never has never will. They want to sell as much copies as possible. Paid
Online would hamper that

Skip 11:23 https://youtu.be/qi4bxT_Bb4c

Game freak can tell Nintendo to fuck whenever they want
>>
>>33286529
>If your one of those 30 year olds who play Pokemon on a bus or train. You have no right to call anyone a loser lol

Sure is Summer.
>>
>>33286546
Yet they won't and pokemon will have paid online and no sales will be lost because it's pokemon and people eat that up.

Club Nintendo literally gave X/Y out for free some years ago, anon.
>>
>>33286538
So play those Pokemon games. Your 3ds won't disappear.

Switch is for new gen. you can still use the 3ds to play old games
>>
>>33286557
Than will be interesting to see how Pokemon targets the switch games. I can't see kids paying for online. They would have to target people with money
>>
>>33286563
>Your 3ds won't disappear.
But it will drop support and wifi to push more people onto the Switch.

Switch being new gen? Absolutely, but then forcing Pokemon onto a home console because of their poor business choices last gen is shitty and lessens the quality, and Gamefreak's original intentions, for the games.
>>
>>33286571
The problem with the Switch is that, unlike the 3DS/DS, it's not a multiple system to a house kinda deal.
Parrents will absolutely pay for the Switch's online because most households won't own as many Switch's as they did DS systems. It's a shame that kids will be *required* to have this wifi in order to interact because of how the Switch is designed and priced.

At worst people that just want a pokemon experience will buy online for a month, do their trading, and cancel which is still really shitty and what we'll have to deal with.
>>
>>33286573
now you changed your stance from being portability to nintendo dropping online. 3ds dont got 3g to play pokemon online on buses anyways. 3DS had 4 mainline games on it. of course there gonna move to next hardware. Also Lessens the quality? ohmori admited he rushed through last min to make the trials. 3ds games were huge drop in quality to begin with
>>
>>33286571
>I can't see kids paying for online.
Maybe not Nintendo kids, but CoD on the other platforms is populated by 10 year olds so the possibility is still close at hand
>>
>>33283891
this
>>
>>33283866
/vp/ are actually PlayStationfags and X-Boxfags who thought that supporting handhelds didn't count.
>>
>>33283887
nice meme
>>
>>33286613
>of course there gonna move to next hardware

The problem is they're not moving to new hardware, they're forcing a game that has historically been portable onto a home console.
Also that seems less an issue for the 3DS and more a problem with Ohmori/going into the future in general.
>>
>>33287719
But the Switch is portable.
>>
>>33287738
Ok. I have my Switch beside me on the desk right now. Undocked, currently.
Tell me how I'm supposed to use this as a portable because my previous attempts have failed.
>>
>>33287719
lol wut? They're basically going back to single screen handhelds that happens to connect to tvs
>>
>>33287738
Even Nintendo refers to it as a home console, anon.
>>
>>33287740
I bought a case. It doesn't fit in my pockets, but neither did my other portable systems so far. I take the case with me wherever I go and simply take the system out whenever I want to use it. If I have to leave it in the car, I put it in the glove compartment.
That's how I use it as a portable, anyways.
>>33287747
Yes, but that doesn't prevent it from being portable. I never said that it was a dedicated handheld or anything absurd like that, but it is certainly portable!
Some people may not enjoy the Switch's portability though. It is definitely a step down from the 3DS, but with a case I haven't minded. If you don't want to buy a case, you probably aren't going to enjoy the Switch's non-clamshell design, at least for taking outside with you. Being able to just undock and take it to the bathroom or your bedroom is nice even without a case.
>>
>>33287762
If I'm going to devote that much room to taking a system to work I may as well just lug around the WiiU or somthing and plug it into a TV when i get there.

The portability aside the battery life, lack of reverse compatibility(except for WiiU games you need to play again) and price point.
Pokemon has always been a social game you could take places and interact. Removing this for the sake of better graphics is a horrible idea.

>>33287745
You can tell by the price, games being produced for it, and even the gimmicks that the "handheld" mode is an afterthought.
>>
>>33287745
I would love another singlescreen handheld, anon.
I thought that's what I was getting when I bought my Switch but this turned out to not be the case.

I just want something I can take to work with me.
>>
>>33287775
I don't think I understand your point. The Switch's battery life is fine, I average 3 1/2 hours with Splatoon 2 and 5 1/2 to 6 hours with smaller indie games.
I also don't really get how a case takes up much room. It'd be a lot more of a hassle to take a Wii U, unless that was intended to be exaggeration to prove a point that I'm missing.
Pokemon is definitely a social game, and the Switch is something you can take anywhere. The only problem with it is that it, in many cases, requires a case.
>>
>>33287792
>the Switch is something you can take anywhere.

You don't actually own a Switch, do you?
By anywhere I mean bus/work/cross state/even on trips cross country. A glorified WiiU tablet you can take to to the toilet and back isn't a handheld.
>>
>>33287780
That's the awesome thing, Anon! You can take it to work!
>>
>>33283866
Because Breath of the Wild is a terrible, shallow game and Odyssey doesn't look much better, and graphics are especially meaningless in an RPG of all things. Plus, it'll probably be some new spinoff or whatever.
>>
>>33287792
>The Switch's battery life is fine, I average 3 1/2 hours with Splatoon 2
Well you've proven my point without me needing to say a word, and if that's what passes as "good" battery life these days thats really sad.
>>33287792
>It'd be a lot more of a hassle to take a Wii U
I don't really see how. If you can't fit the Switch in your pockets this means you would need to carry it around in a bag or something, and if i'm going to carry a bag just for a handheld then whats the point of it being a handheld? I could bring a Wiiu in a bag just as easily.
>>
>>33287799
I do own a Switch. I take it everywhere I go outside of the house. Work, bus, visiting family, etc.
Again, my only complaint with its portability is that it feels almost required to have a case or else you won't be able to take it anywhere besides your own home.
>>
>>33287802
No, pretty sure I can't. Not for lack of trying, either.
>>33287799
I'm pretty sure we're responding to at least one shit poster.
>>
>>33286563
>Switch is for new gen.
SOURCE
>>
>>33287807
>If that's what passes as "good" battery life these days that's really sad
It's better than the original 3DS, on par with the original 3DS XL and the N3DS, and slightly below that of the N3DS XL.
>I don't really see how
Because you can play it on the go? You can't play a Wii U on the bus. Sure you can take it on the bus, but you can't actually play it.
>>
>>33287808
Then explain how you do so.
All I'm getting is vague "just do it" when I can absolutely confirm my Switch isn't fit to go any of those places you listed.
>>
>>33287820
I already said how I do it. I'm sorry if that doesn't work for you, but I take mine everywhere by putting it in a case. While I'm waiting for food I'll bust it out of the case and play it, and if I have to leave it in the car I just store it in the glove compartment.
>>
>>33287818
>It's better than the original 3DS, on par with the original 3DS XL and the N3DS, and slightly below that of the N3DS XL.
Thats bullshit and you know it. I can easily get all day out of my O3DS and it was a launch model.
>>33287818
>You can't play a Wii U on the bus. Sure you can take it on the bus, but you can't actually play it.
So exactly like a Switch then. What's the point you are trying to make again?
>>
>>33287826
>I'm sorry if that doesn't work for you, but I take mine everywhere by putting it in a case.
It's less an issue of working for me and it, somehow, being able to magically work for you despite not at all being how the System works.
>>
>>33287827
>I can easily get all day out of my O3DS
That's bullshit. Nintendo themselves said the O3DS was a 3 to 5 hour battery life.
>So exactly like a Switch then.
Except you CAN play a Switch on the bus, anon! You just have to turn it on and you play it in handheld mode! A Wii U has to be hooked up, but a Switch can be played without hooking it up at all.
>>
>>33283866
>paid online is an upgrade
lol
>>
>>33287826
>I already said how I do it.
So how does having a case fix the shit battery life or the inability to fit into pockets/some bags?
>>33287830
I feel ya. I thought I was getting a handheld and just got the Wiiu+
>>
>>33287802
>taking your children's toy to work
>>
>>33287830
>Despite not being at all how the System works.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Again, I apologize that this doesn't work for you, but I just take my Switch everywhere in a case. It's less convenient than a 3DS, but that's just how I take my Switch everywhere. I'm not sure how that goes against the system in your mind.
>>
>>33287832
Not that guy but I easily get ~7hr out of mine.
The only time it's less is if I'm doing heavy wifi stuff, like constant trades or battles.
>>
>>33287738
The Switch is about as portable as my Gamecube.
>>
>>33287832
>That's bullshit.
So instead of coming up with a legit counterpoint you are just going to mimic what I said and turn it around because there is nothing you can do "prove" the Switch has decent battery life?
>>33287832
>Except you CAN play a Switch on the bus, anon!
So how the fuck am I supposed to get it there?
>>
>>33287841
>Again, I apologize that this doesn't work for you
More like this only magically works for you.
>>
>>33287836
>So how does having a case fix the shit battery life or the inability to fit into pockets/some bags?
Battery is better than the O3DS and on par with the N3DS/O3DS XL. Slightly worse than the N3DS XL though. I never said it was able to fit in your pockets. I even specified that it couldn't fit in mine, that's why I got a case! I don't put the case in any bags, but that would have to be a really small bag to not fit the Switch.
>>33287849
Except I just gave you a point, you took only part of what I said. You get it on the bus by getting a case, anon. That's what I've been saying this whole time.
>>
>>33287847
At least the Gamecube had the good sense of having a handle for when you have to carry it's bulky ass around.
>>
>>33287854
>You get it on the bus by getting a case, anon.
>something that makes a system take up more room now magically makes it take up less room and have better battery life than the 3DS
>>
>>33287854
>Battery is better than the O3DS and on par with the N3DS/O3DS XL.
Now I know you are flat out lying to my face.
>>33287862
I can kind of understand what he's trying to suggest but if you have to jump through hoops to make something vaguely portable then it isn't a handheld at all.
>>
>>33287862
You asked me how to get it on the bus. Do you have bus rides that really take longer than 3 hours? Because that's the absolute least I've ever gotten out of my Switch. I don't put my Switch in a bag or anything, I just carry around the case. Usually I'm driving, but I've never had a problem with bus rides.
>>
>>33287832
Is your 3DS battery defective or something?
>>
>>33287869
>Now I know you are flat out lying to my face.
Really, anon, I'm not. I'm just going by what Nintendo said the standard battery life is for each system.
>>
>>33287862
I think he's implying the case allows the system to magically float behind him wherever he goes.
That or he's merely a shitposter.
>>
>>33287871
I hope not. Although after all of the comments in this thread, I'm starting to think it's a possibility. I've had it for years and never really thought it was a problem because everyone else I knew in-person had about the same battery life.
>>
>>33287862
Just rent a forklift to carry it up to the bus. Really not that hard to bring your Switch on the go with you, anon.
>>
>>33287870
So instead of answering any questions you just say "get a case" like this magically solves the portability issue and then try to change the subject asking why I would try to take it with me in the first place?

>>33287877
>I think he's implying the case allows the system to magically float behind him wherever he goes.
Need me one of those.
>>
>>33287885
>Really not that hard to bring your Switch on the go with you, anon.
But yet nobody can give me a feasable way to do so. At best you get people saying "it just works" but that doesn't change the fact you have to take steps for the system to operate in a place it was clearly never meant to operate.
>>
>>33287877
I carry the case around by the handle. I don't put in a bag or anything, I just hold the handle on the case.
>>33287889
I'm just telling you what I did. I answered your questions, but now you're saying I didn't? I told you exactly how I solved my problem, and I'm very sorry if that doesn't work for you. I also never asked why you would try to take it with you. I asked about your bus ride length because you complained about battery life.
>>
>>33287882
Never gotten less than 7 hours myself.
>>
>>33287792
You don't understand his point because he is a fucking contrarian who wants 3ds 2.0 so he can take it to "work"
>>
>>33287906
Dang, I guess my battery may really be defective. The battery life hasn't decreased over the years, so I'm not too worried, but I wish I had realized sooner so I could've had it fixed while it was under warranty.
>>
>>33287902
>I'm just telling you what I did. I answered your questions, but now you're saying I didn't? I told you exactly how I solved my problem, and I'm very sorry if that doesn't work for you.

The disconnect comes from the fact none of these actually solve the problem I posed, especially when this magically only works for you.
This is no different than trying to take a WiiU somewhere it doesn't belong, and I fail to see how just getting a case makes this a portable system all of the sudden?
>>
>>33287907
>contrarian

I don't think that word means what you think it means, especially when all he wants is a handheld when Nintendo is clearly abandoning the concept.

>>33287912
Some batteries actually do have variable lifespawns, especially with older systems. One O3DS carried a charge for a full hour longer than another.
>>
>>33287916
I'm sorry, can you rephrase your question? Perhaps I've just been answering what I thought was the question, but you were asking about something different all along.
In order to take it out, I put it in the case and then I put it in my car. If I end up taking the bus, I sit the case in my lap. Then, let's say I decide I want to get something to eat. I'll set its kickstand up and play it while I wait for someone to take my order, then I eat and put it back in the case. If I'm on the bus, I play it in handheld mode while the case is still on my lap.
The case has a handle, if that helps at all? I think I may be trying to answer a question you're not actually asking, but that I thought you were.
>>
>>33287916
>not just getting a suitcase for the sake of carrying your Switch around so you can bing bing wahoo on the go
>>
>>33283895
I'm reminded of that anon who complained about Pokemon Switch. IIRC his argument was along the lines of "What will a single-screen pokemon even look like" or some other bullshit.
>>
>>33287907
>Nintendo says you can take it anywhere
>can't actually take it everywhere
>pointing this out makes me contrarian.

Holy shit the Sony fanboys in this thread that assume only graphics matter to a video game.
>>
>>33287930
I think you mean Microsoft fanboys.
Who's hyped for some 4k 60fps* woooooo!
*60fps not guaranteed
>>
>>33287924
>, I play it in handheld mode while the case is still on my lap.
See this is where the breakdown happens. The system just isn't made for play in places like that.

Nevermind the only way to carry this around with me is to have free hands for variable times ranging from 2 hours to 7 hours.
>>
>>33287899
This is the dumbest fucking thread and the dumbest fucking comment in it. Please tell me you are here pretending to be 18+. The people I see playing it on the bus to work must have the floating case you cunts are talking about
>>
>>33287940
Ohhh, so your problem is not having free hands. I see.
In that case, I don't know how to make the system portable for you. For me, I almost always have my hands free.
>>
>>33287937
Apologies, i've never touched an Xbone or anything in the line.
I've seen that a lot from Sony fanboys in the past.

So how are the Vita Digimon games? If Pokemon is going to ground me to my house i'd like some sort of monster battle game on the go.
I don't know what else i'd play on a Vita but some people are buying a Switch just for Pokemon so it's not that out of place I suppose...
>>
>>33287930
Never owned a Sony but cool anon.
>>
>>33287943
More like people who don't own a Switch are trying to hype it up to shitpost a board that doesn't like the Switch right now.

It's a sad fact we'll all have to move to it eventually, but anybody that claims this is a good thing is a clear shitposter.
Now enjoy your (you). Ya earned it, buddy
>>
>>33287951
I've not had a problem with Switch's portability, but it seems like I may be in the minority.
Personally? I highly recommend the Vita Digimon games. I don't own a Vita, but I do own the games on the PS4. If they're remotely similar, you'll enjoy them. Cyber Sleuth is a turn-based game while Next Order is very similar to the original Digimon World game. I think Cyber Sleuth is getting a localized version of the sequel next year!
>>
>>33287943
>The people I see playing it on the bus to work must have the floating case you cunts are talking about
Yes, sure, anon. People play their Switches on the bus despite it being home console.
You sure showed me.
>>
>>33283866
Graphics are an extremely insignficant element of the games. Why do you think that Game Freak will make the level design - the part that matters most by far - better than they have just because they can make prettier graphics?
>>
This discussion can only happen on /vp/ between an 18 year old in 7th grade and a tryhard neckbeard that is mad he can't marry his furry drawings. One is mad he can't hide his switch in his 18 year old desk at school while the other is mad his hands aren't free to masturbate while he "plays" at "work".
>>
>>33287950
A handheld has a few things going for it: battery life, portability/convenience, price point, and games.
The Switch currently checks none of boxes, sadly. At least when I got a 3DS before it had decent games I could play my entire DS library on it.
>>33287960
I can read runes so I don't really need a localization, but thanks for the heads up. I hear Cyber Sleuth is an acceptable SMT clone so I may pick it up.
>>
>>33287967
What the fuck are you going on about. This isn't even good bait
>>
>>33287984
Fair enough, not everyone can like the Switch as a portable.
I've never played SMT so I can't say how it compares, but I can say that I enjoyed the gameplay a lot. Reminded me of Dusk/Dawn.
Since you can read the runes I'd recommend the Japanese version of at least Cyber Sleuth. English localization was shit, but it's good for Next Order.
>>
>>33287979
Dibs on being the 18 year old. Furries are scum.
>>33287953
When a "fan" tries to argue that graphics are important than gameplay/franchise's entire playstyle that kinda of does scream Sony/Microsoft fans to be fair.
>>
>>33287987
The bait was good because he responded to it, it seems.
>>33287993
The Switch isn't really a portable, but I'm glad at least one person found a workaround.
Also yeah Dusk/Dawn were standard SMT clones so that's good to hear. Give one a try if they go on sale/you have CFW, they're pretty ok off and on.
Never really cared for the Next Order style games.
>>
>>33288001
Sounds cool, Anon. If the Switch one gets good reviews I might pick that one up. Otherwise I'll try to get IV for 3DS.
>>
>>33287979
I'm honestly more shocked you have something against going outside.
Sunshine is good for you, anon(just not too much).
>>
>>33288012
As a final thing, the Devil Survivor spinoffs are fairly cheap these days but animu as shit. One is better than two for the most part.
IV is a more standard experience and I'm pretty sure it got a sequel i've yet to play.
>>
>>33288030
Awesome, thanks Anon! IV did get a sequel which, until now, I thought was just an extended version. If I enjoy IV I'll look into picking up Apocalypse.
Thanks again, Anon!
>>
>>33288036
Glad to help.
Even if we can't agree on everything, I'm glad this ended on a civil note.
Enjoy your day.
>>
>>33288050
You too! Enjoy the Digimon games, I had a blast playing them.
>>
File: 57AWK4g.png (2MB, 1440x1262px) Image search: [Google]
57AWK4g.png
2MB, 1440x1262px
>>33288030
>>33288036
As someone who enjoyed SMTIV, I higly suggest to not play its sequel. It's supposed to be a sequel, but in reality, it's a very generic game that ruins everything about IV. You'd be disappointed.
>>
>>33288109
I see. Thank you Anon!
>>
File: pokemon_battle_revolution_009.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_battle_revolution_009.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>33283866
They say that because they think the performance issues of the 3DS games are due to GameFreak themselves rather than system limitations. 3DS hardware is better than the Nintendo DS and GBA before it but it's still more than a stones throw away from Wii and Wii U in terms of graphical capability, especially since the PICA is from the early 2000s and was clocked to make battery life last.

Switch is a modded Tegra X1, but it's far more modern ARM tech by comparison so the worst I expect is Battle Revolution visuals in HD.
>>
>>33288317
But it is GF's problem, unless you think Nintendo didnt tell them the power of the 3DS until halfway into development
>>
>>33287996
Problem with anon boards. Wasn't me
>>
>>33288014
That made zero fucking sense
>>
>>33288388
3DS can only be pushed so far, to be honest. So I expect Switch Pokemon to look better than 3DS at the very least because higher polycounts and textures resolution alone would be increased.

CPU wise, I'm sure an ARM Cortex A53 can fare better than an ARM11 for whatever battle and field scripts that bogged down the games before but that's just assuming from how the system handles workloads of other resource heavy games.
>>
Holy fuck, do we have to have these threads every time Pokemon switches hardware?
Was pretty funny seeing all of those people think that Pokemon would never move from DS, and then getting mad when the direct happened. Also how X/Y were going to bomb hard and kill the franchise somehow.
>>
>no second screen
>>
>>33283866
I suggest making it dual console. I don't have a switch and lots of other people don't either
>>
>>33290569
not alot of people had 3ds either 5 months into the release of the console
>>
>>33283866
>Why are people insisting that Pokémon Switch will be ugly when BOTW and Odyssey look so beautiful?

Because, unlike Nintendo that actually takes time and effort in most of their games and has a gigantic workforce to help them come to fruition, Gamefreak are a bunch of lazy, incompetent and stubborn idiots that refuse to expand their studio even while handling perhaps the most well known IP of all time and swimming in billions of dollars.

There are good reasons to expect disappointment.
>>
So after ultra sun and moon they are likely moving their games to the switch then? Should I bother getting a 3DS XL if I already have a 3DS?
>>
>>33283891
second post best post
>>
>>33290705
If you're only going to play Pokemon? Probably not. USUM will be the last 3DS Pokemon games.
>>
>>33290705
No point of xl. Just ultra sun and moon and wait for switch revision that will surely come before Pokemon switch
>>
>>33290705
I mean I know this is a Pokemon board but there are actually other good games released for 3DS so contrary to what you might read here is actually a great portable console
>>
>>33291675
It's a shit system
>>
>>33291575
Is this confirmed officially or just pretty much expected given their track record?
>>
>>33291816
What game can they release on 3ds after this?

Masuda told every to buy switches for there kids for holidays
>>
>>33284350
I laff'd
>>
>>33287817
The job listing from awhile aho said it involved helping making new models.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170814-190634.png (266KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170814-190634.png
266KB, 1080x1920px
>>33291900
Even you go on game freak recuit site for job listing it says for switch
>>
Because I just got into pokemon and 3ds and it's impossible to find a switch anywhere!

Having fun with ORAS till Ultra. . But I want a switch when pokemon comes out for it so I can play with others while it's still active. Hopefully nintendo fixes the supply soon.
>>
File: IMG_0660.jpg (89KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0660.jpg
89KB, 887x1097px
This thread is beyond retarded

> step 1: aquire bag/rucksack whatever
> step 2: aquire Switch case
> NOW HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS FOR THIS ONE
> step 3: put case in bag

Hey, that wasn't hard right? Nobody but kids actually shove their 3DS into their pockets either. Retards.
>>
>>33292326
>carry around a backpack for one handheld
>still takes up more space than just the handheld
>>
>>33283903
t. Masuda
>>
>>33283866
Forced paid online.

Now it's the Internet bill + Sony's bill + M$hit's bill + Nintendo's bill to play games with others.
>>
I don't want to buy a home console to play pokemon, having to buy a handheld is bad enough. And I'm gonna miss just playing it when I'm out and about.

I'll bite the bullet and buy a switch, but I won't love doing so.
>>
Guarantee you Pokemon Switch will just be S/M style with hd textures
>>
>>33293023
That would be fine
>>
File: 1357844669333.png (344KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1357844669333.png
344KB, 890x890px
>>33293032
>>
>>33292756
You're forced to pay? How do they do it?
>>
>>33287930
Name one fucking place you cant bring a switch that you can with a 3DS.
>>
>>33293352
>>
>>33293023
Really not that much of a problem. S/M style is kind of the peak of how a Pokemon game could be handled, it's just the hardware's a bottleneck.
>>
Because availability is nonexistent.
>>
>>33293405
Did I stutter.
I said place not time.
>>
>>33286446 (yOU)
>>
File: Pokémon_Colosseum_Coverart.png (180KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_Colosseum_Coverart.png
180KB, 256x363px
>>33283866
because it'll be GF's first console pokemon game. which means

>they are just learning how to develop for it
>it'll use dated features like, manual saving, fixed camera, etc
>they're making the 1st paired games, which will be obsolete and/or largely lacking in features from previous games
>it'll look good for what it is, and we're going to defend it :^)
>>
>>33293023
What's the problem? I'm more butthurt about having to spend over 300 dollars on a switch/
>>
>>33293470
washed out colors, low draw distance, very noticeable polygons in the distance compared to close up, what is there to like?
>>
>>33293975
responding to my own post

it seriously seems like the environment starts becoming made out of paper the further and further you go away from the character. its like someone just crumbled a sheet of colored paper and called it terrain
>>
A few things bug me about it.
>Buying a paid online console for pokemon.
Sure you don't have to pay for online, but it's probably going to be required for the game.
And there isn't really much I want for the Switch.
>Nintendo games don't go down in price
Wiiu games are still expensive as fuck even though the console is dead. So i would not end up with an expansive library.
>Tablet awkwardness.
I am not a fan of the design, If i want to take it with me I would need a bag or something just to carry around a handheld. And I would need a protective case, because fuck having an exposed screen.
>Loss of device is losing two things.
If i lose or break the screen, I would have lost both my hand held and the use of the actual console.
>First big console game
I think hopping over to the new console would end well for them. They could barely handle moving to 3d.
>Could they make it work?
Sure.
Release a version of the Switch which would pretty much be the Switch go.
More portable option for it. Maybe have a cover or folding screen.
Have an expansive amount of stuff. I am talking a good few hundred new pokemon, a huge new map. Interesting things to do.
Release a switch and 3ds version.
>>
>>33293325
>to play games with others.
You don't need online. But if you want to play games with your friends while using the device you do.
>>
>>33286533
Not him but been pirating since DPPt
>>
Do you have to own a tv for switch?
I am almost exclusively a handheld/pc user.
I am on the road almost constantly. I can keep my 3ds/laptop charged in my car. I might be able to nigga rig a charger for it. But i am not keeping a tv in the car.
>>
>>33294612
No but the portable Switch is mostly a gimmick
Battery lasts only 3 hours so you are going to have to carry an extra battery if you really travel around a lot.
>>
>>33294574
i dont want gamefreak to waste anymore time on 3ds resources. they dont even have a big team to begin. maybe you should for footage before you say game is shit. than decide to buy or not
>>
>>33294612
>I might be able to nigga rig a charger for it
Portable chargers already exist for it.
>>
>>33294639
If that's the case I probably won't be playing the next gen of pokemon. Unless someone finds a way to put it on pc.
>>
>>33294666
A plug for a console that would work out of a car?
I am not talking about the handheld version.

I am more concerned about making it work without the use of a tv.
>>
>>33294647
Why not?
It's pokemon, arguably the biggest draw to nintendo consoles.
Are you telling me they couldn't spare some guys to work on the 3ds?

And I am not saying the game is shit. I'm saying it's got a high chance of being shit. Building up hype for something you have no idea about it no better than expecting it to be garbage.

Expect the worst hope for the best. Hype ruins everything.
>>
>>33294612
I don't have a tv a just plug it into my monitor can you do the same?
>>
>>33294668
The battery life is actually the same as the N3DS so if you don't have a problem with that then the switch should be fine
>>
>>33283866
because its gamefreak not nintendo
>>
>>33293487
>wanting autosave in pokemon
>>
>>33283866
Salty console warriors who still want to play Pokemon now HAVE TO buy a Switch.
>>
File: gs_book.tga.png (904KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gs_book.tga.png
904KB, 1024x1024px
Why did they make a motherfucking 1024x1024 (one thousand and twenty-four pixels by one thousand and twenty-four pixels) texture for the damn magazine on your desk at the beginning on the game for a 3ds game without any way to read the fucking magazine.

Also what do the runes say.
>>
>>33283866

it'd probably be easier to deal with if it was possible for me to find a switch anywhere within 50 miles of my location

im not actually mad about pokemon coming to the switch, i expected it and im exited to have "hd" pokemon but it would be nice if buying a switch were even possible for me.
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.