[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't been on /vp/ since shortly after SM were realeased.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 1472478237425.jpg (19KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
1472478237425.jpg
19KB, 310x163px
I haven't been on /vp/ since shortly after SM were realeased. Everybody here seemed to love them back then. Why does /vp/ seem to hate them now?
>>
>>33277486
Honeymoon period ended
>>
>>33277486
Shortly after they were released? Dude, people were shitting on them since BEFORE they were released as a result of the ROM leak and datamine.

That, and even the fucking normies are getting bored with them.
>>
>>33277486
People who love them is busy playing the games while the retards who hate them come here to complain. I play and watch idiots complain at the same time cause doing one thing at a time isn't enough for me.
>>
>>33277486
Many anons asserted that because the dust settled, everyone had to hate them.
>>
>>33277486
Apparently if you keep repeating the same shitpost of "SM is bad," then everyone believes it
>>
>>33277502
People here were saying these were the best set of first games when the rom leaked.
>>
>>33277502
well they were leaked a week early, it's pretty much the same (that was the reason I stopped coming because I couldn't play them and I didn't want spoilers, and then I just didn't come back).
>>
>>33277502
>and even the fucking normies are getting bored with them.
I keep seeing this posted but never anything to back it up.
>>
>>33277502
Normies got bored with them months ago. Even Poketubers had to branch out and play other games because their views were tanking and no one cared about Pokemon anymore.
SM did some real damage to the franchise, but we won't even be noticed for now because Pokemon is the go-to handheld game to get your kids for Christmas, so for every disgruntled veteran that quits or normie who gets bored there are dozens of new kids getting them.

GF has carte blanche to to do whatever they want, and they decided to settle down into a pseudo "indie" studio that does less than the bare minimum and basically do whatever they want with no regards to player's expectations and quality standards.
>>
>>33277545
People on /vp/ think that when you finish a game, or get burned out on it, it's because said game is bad, not because one game can only provide finite enjoyment before getting stale.
>>
Influx of casuals that happens every release died down. People who don't like things are more likely to make their voices heard than those who like things. People revisited it and realized they were being carried by hype when first playing it. Idiots who let the opinions of others sway their own are a thing and because of the incessant shitposting from fags like >>33277555 decided they didn't have fun with it.

Keep in mind there were people both shitting on and praising the game from day one, and that continues.
>>
>>33277545
I see heaps of people on Facebook who have commented on posts about Pokemon expression boredom or backlash against SM, not to mention the many more who simply aren't interested in USUM or are pissed about having to pay to get a better edition of an arguably unfinished game.
>>
File: 1324481869284.png (72KB, 477x595px) Image search: [Google]
1324481869284.png
72KB, 477x595px
>>33277486
I liked Sun. Then I beat Sun.
There's nothing to do in Sun once you beat it so I stopped playing and now I just occasionally check back on /vp/ to see if anything new is going on.

This is really all there is to it.
>>
>>33277597
>Facebook
>>
>>33277486
Because we finished the games and had a chance to objectively think about them
This is a stupid question why is it asked every week
>>
>>33277597
yeah just check the comments on pokemon ultra sun and moon announcement on official pokemon facebook page even 2ch is dead and japanese fans were bitching about sun and moon
>>
>>33277597
>>33277625
Nobody is interested in USUM because there's nothing to be interested in. We're not talking about USUM though.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-10-20-36-54-1.png (168KB, 1440x2236px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-10-20-36-54-1.png
168KB, 1440x2236px
>>33277486
The vast majority of this board either liked them or were mildly satisfied with them. You feel like /vp/ hates them because there are a handful of blatantly autistic shitposters who make threads about how much they hate it every day
>>
>>33277486

>no post game.
>boring af story battles.
>building and testing a team on showdown is so much efficient than actually playing the cartridge.

S/M would have been amazing if it made doubles the official story gameplay mode, easier breeding and grinding, and had difficulty settings like B2/W2. Also a well thought out battle facility instead of the battle tower.
>>
>>33277607
I feel the same way. I'm looking forward to USUM though even if they ruined the health bar design.
>>
>>33277486
The sensible people left and moved on once they had finished the game. Only the autistic outcasts stayed because being petty is what their lives revolve around.
>>
>>33277486
I'm probably in the minority here but I really do like Sun, the whole atmosphere and the trials make it feel really tropical and laid-back
That, and the soundtrack and Pokémon selection are fantastic. Don't really care for the plot but it's hard not to like a lot of the characters, Olivia is best rockfu
>>
>>33279066
At least you still have your optimism, anon.
>>
>>33279070
I left this place shortly after I beat the game, /vp/ suffers from samefags beating you over the head with the same thing in the same way that /v/ suffers from samefags writing off Samus Returns and Sonic Mania
>>
>>33277560
Underrated
>>
>>33278515
>The vast majority of this board either liked them or were mildly satisfied with them

Probably because the vest majority of this board is filled with redditors and underages?
Because the game is aimed at minor audiences and someone with at least some degree of high quality standards would see how dreadful Sun and Moon actually is. I personaly can't stand SM and i couldn't find a single redeeming quality about it but i don't make hate threads about it, daily basis.
>>
>>33277597
there are comments bitching about pokemon in every generation and game
your point is kind of stupid
>>
>>33279105
I feel sorry for you, is better if you leave pokemon and find something else
>>
>>33277486
The same reason a lot of the same people will be on here bitching about how Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon are the "Worst Pokemon Games ever." until Gen 8 rolls around and then it'll take the crown as "Worst gen ever." and so on and so on. It's 4chan. We're not allowed to enjoy anything new and or popular good or bad.
>>
>>33277486
disappointment
>>
>>33277486
I liked it.
>>
>>33277486
It's just /vp/, as with every game, finds some reason to make flaws into mountainous failures of being an awful game. You should know by now not to take it seriously. XY, ORAS, SM all had a few big flaws, but still not bad games.
>>
>>33279330
Bullshit. Besides the Resort debacle I ate ORAS all up and loved it, same with SM and feel that there is not a lot more that could have been done with the games then what we got, because I accept(stupidly?) that this is what GF wants to gjve us and there is not a lot we can do about it. But even then I cant give any sort of pass to XY that shit is a janky piss poor korean rpg of an atempt to make a Pokemon. Even if its not Ichinose the soundtrack needs to sound like Pokemon for it to work, ala SM, even if its the same engine XY looks piss poor compared to ORAS, 3 different philosophies to map design suspiciously decided between dex areas, and they managed to somehow make an even more nondescript connection between the lore and main story then fucking Lugia and Ho oh, and that takes fucking talent to fuck up that much.
>>
>>33277486
I've followed every new Pokemon game release since DP here and S&M were by far the most hated at release.
>>
>>33277486
Really? I remember shitstorms MONTHS before release. The various "there're few new mons" or "without gyms there's no sense" "hurr hawaii" "niggers everywhere" "i bet they'll hand hold you even more" "stupid kid's rotom" and "catering to yokai watch's playbase" were just few of the thousands complains i've read before november 2016.
Trust me, there's no way to make people happy.
>>
>>33277486
We never liked them. They're unplayable trash. Pirated it and never got off the first island. It's horrible.
>>
>>33277597
>pissed about having to pay to get a better edition of an arguably unfinished game
Did these idiots just completely forget about Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum?
>>
>>33281803
You didnt have to buy the third game to enjoy gen1-3 games. Platinum is superior to DP hands down, but the gen1-3 games were still enjoyable on their own that you didnt need the third version to play a good game and have fun.
>>
>>33281985
Also dlc is very popular in this day and age
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.