[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make 1 (ONE) change to the meta that will improve it in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1259.gif (29KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1259.gif
29KB, 267x200px
Make 1 (ONE) change to the meta that will improve it in a meaningful way.
>>
>>33276600

Hard Mode: Don't remove a Pokémon/Mega/Alola/Zmove
>>
>>33276600
Rock types absorb Sneaky Pebbles in the same way poison types do with Toxic spikes
>>
File: masuda (2^2).gif (90KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2^2).gif
90KB, 336x418px
>>33276600
Megas with Z-Moves.
>>
>>33276624
>Mega Rayquaza with with Dragon Ascent
>>
>>33276600

Nuke Water Types from learning Ice Type moves unless they are part Ice
>>
>>33276600
Nerf every mega to make them only increase +10 BST and give them worse abilities like Charizard-Mega-Y having Flame Body instead of Drought.
>>
>>33276600
Remove megas and primal altogether.
Removing z-moves but reverting to enhancing gem (instead of 50% now they increase BP by 100%, they will not apply on the first move used.of that type, but on the move with highest BP)
Revert weather abilities to pre-xy.
Nerfing Aegislash in order to unban it (No more attack drop with KS, but increased PP, block status move).
Revert sucker punch BP to 80.
Nerf Knock Off BP to 50-75.
Revert burn to -12% per turn.
Nerfing Chansey (Hp and SpD) and Porygon2 (Def and SpD and SpA) BST.
Buffing ices, now everytime someone but another ice touches, makes contact with an ice-type pokemom, its speed drops by -1. Intrinsecal and proper of every ice type.
HP power bp is 70 and you can always have the type you want regardless of the ivs (this is already true).
Here, I saved the game.
>>
>>33276771
(You)
>>
>>33276600
remove fairies
>>
>>33276834
Okay. Fairy type is removed. Hope you like "Click Outrage to win" again.
>>
Only poison Types using toxic can badly poison
>>
>>33276771

>remove Mega's

Nah, Mawile and others would lose their only reason of relevance

If anything, remove OU and Legendaries that have Mega's
>>
>>33276771

>Reverting the only thing Gen 6 did right, aka Ending Weather Wars

Fuck no
>>
You can now make a pokemon hold a TM to gain a 5th move as long as they hold it and it will only have 5 pp.
>>
Make a Pokémon with an Auto Trick Room ability
>>
>>33276879
Trick Room fags need to die.
>>
>>33276856
>>33276771
Some megas are transformed into evolution of said pokemon.
Mawile evolves into "mega-mawile"(90/105/130/60/95/60 - huge power)
Sableye evolves into "mega-sableye"(90/85/125/85/115/55 - prankster)
Lopunny, Audino, etc becomes evolution
Huge power now increases atk by 50%
Scizor bst buff (70/140/130/65/100/70)
>>
>>33276930
>nerfing azumarill and niggerby because you have autism
no
>>
make ice types super effective against water and fairy
>>
>>33276930
>Huge power increases attack by 50%
>Suddenly hustle is even more useless
>>
ice types immune to water
>>
>>33276843
i do
>>
Feints BP increased to 60 and does double damage if it hits through all kinds of protect
Stallfags can suck my dick
>>
Give Electric one additional weakness: Bug

Why? Pokemon is full of bullshit type weaknesses, and let's just say bugs getting into machines is not good for said machine. It gives Bug a better utility and Electric isn't as overpowered.
>>
>>33276940
Or you can buff their attack idiot?
It's calling rebalanancing staff
Diggersby (atk +35), Azumarill (Atk +33)
Medicham gets directly its megas stats as it evolves (from meditate bst to "mega-medicham bst as medicham) but its atk is 75. Pure power is still 100% bonus atk.
>>
>>33276894

>Pokemon was built for trick room which solves their speed problem

>HURR DURR ITS GOOD IN TRICK ROOM FAGS

Gen 7 even introduced Pokemon who cancel priority, so you literally have no excuse
>>
>>33276600
Remove IVs in favor of armor/clothing you make from reagents collected after battles to make for Pokémon which can modify stats and/or add one ability (though not by default, you'd make the clothing and then have the option to enhance it with stats and ability modifiers).

As a side effect, Hidden Power would also become something you take your Pokémon to train in a specific Type for and would thus be able to be changed at will.
>>
>>33277055

>implying Electric itself is overpowered

People forget that it's basically an exclusive special attacking type

You want to be a physical electric? Fuck you
>>
>>33277055
Considering the original "Bug in your computer" was a literal moth in some cables, it could work.
>>
File: tumblr_lxm7emyiqw1qg5cwg.gif (428KB, 350x192px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxm7emyiqw1qg5cwg.gif
428KB, 350x192px
>>33277085
Yes this is perfect
>>
>>33277084
Wild Charge now has 120BP
Volt Tackle now has 150BP
>>
>>33276600
make a companion game for each gen on the respective generations console. The game though is a direct sequel and the format is the same.
>>
>>33276679
Congrats, you made Dragons, Fairies, and Landorus even more cancerous.
>>
>>33277078
>pokemon was build for trick room!!!!!
No they aren't, dipshit. They're slow because of their design. Trick Room is just a dumb gimmick that is fortunately forgotten by the devs.
>>
>>33276621
This tbqh
>>
>>33276874
1 PP and you have a deal.
>>
>>33277175

>dumb gimmick

Sounds more like you don't want to put the effort
>>
>>33276600
Add stealth rock for every type, also double type stealth rock
>>
>>33277268
What effort? Shitting out an awful gimmick as an ability as effort?
>>
>>33276600
Hazards now expire after X number of switch ins. Let's say, 5 for Spikes, 3 for Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes.
>>
>>33277287

>awful gimmick as an ability

What exactly is your problem anon?

Fast Pokémon dominate the meta and Trick Room is an underrated tactic to stop them
>>
>>33277304
>underrated tactic
Greninja-Ash used Water Shuriken!
Dragonite used Extreme Speed!
Scizor used Bullet Punch!
And so much more!
>>
Get rid of fairies being effective to dragon

Bring back the 2 rival system AND have the rivals not interact with each other that much like in emerald(Bestpokemonbtw)

Give metagross and dragonite mega evolutions

Make a hard mode that eliminates the unlimited tm/hm and unecessary kiddie easy nonsense

Also

Make the level scaling slower so I can play like ash and rotate pokemon from my party and PC and not have them be underleveled

Stop the Kanto shilling. At least shill a superior region lile sinnoh or johto

Finally

Make a tournament for postgame that only has Gym leaders and champions from all games along with rivals from all games. It'll be fun trust me.

Sinnoh remake too let's not forget that

Give milotic a megaevolution

Raise pikachus stats to be similar to dragonites

Give snorlax a Mega evolution

Bring back contests and cooking and make fishing fun

Also make it more suitable for older teens

Also

This is important

But

Add a pokemon ranch

Like harvest moon but with pokemon AND add dawn, May, misty (young version not the christmas cake), iris (if your into blacks), serena (the superior game version not the stupid anime version) and cynthia and that one dragon type gym girl who's friends with lance. She has blue hair. Actually add all the gym girls and rival girls and jenny and joy.

Make it for the switch actually since it will probs require too much memory for a 3ds. Or make it fanmade I think the pokemon prism guys were succesfull with their fangame.

Yeah thats really it I suppose you could add certain pokemon affect others becausw of circumstances.

For example

Rhydon and horned mons are weak to electric moves and if a pokemon attacks with water then does electric it's twice as bad.

Another example

Snorlax OHKO pokemons with less than like 25 pounds with bodyslam due to size difference.
You know little things that so noone knows what to expect.
I'm getting a degree in game design and gonna work my way up to become on the team so xpect me
>>
>>33277413
Reminds me of yugioh duelist kingdom and improvised rules. I dig it anon it could work
>>
Selected -weaker- mons can now hold 2 items.
>>
>>33277413
Metagross has a mega already
>>
>>33276600
Remove held items
>>
The textbook definition of a healthy meta is one with variety of viable strategies, so just buff the shit out of literally hundreds of Pokemon in various ways. There is no excuse for things like Ledyba to be like they are.
Look at this garbage:
http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/pu/
>>
>>33277758
You’re right, Smogon is truly garbage.
>>
>>33277413
Problem with making hard modes is the ease of access for online. If you make everyone who plays hard mode not able to have unlimited TMs then they wont play it just because once they beat the game they will want to play online.
>>
>>33276600
Instead of replacing it's ability, the mega pokemon has it's ability alongside what it had pre mega, for example, a mawile can keep hyper cutter when mega evolving, while still getting huge power from it.
>>
>>33277329

>Doubles

>Pokemon like bruxish and Tsareena that kill priority
>>
>>33276624
>>33276930
>allowing z-moves & megas at the same time
KYS
>>33277079
>what are held items
>>33277413
>Autism: The Post
>>
>>33276771
>Remove megas and primal altogether.
Yes. Fuck all of them.

>Removing z-moves but reverting to enhancing gem (instead of 50% now they increase BP by 100%, they will not apply on the first move used.of that type, but on the move with highest BP)
Z-moves are ok. They are better gems anyway and accomplish the same thing.

>Revert weather abilities to pre-xy.
Fuck you. 5 turn weather effects were gen 6 godsend

>Nerfing Aegislash in order to unban it (No more attack drop with KS, but increased PP, block status move).
I can get behind this.

>Revert sucker punch BP to 80.
Agreed. Its a high risk, high reward thing, so should work that way.

>Nerf Knock Off BP to 50-75.
Yes. Knock Off spam is retarded.

>Revert burn to -12% per turn.
Wait, what is its value drop now?

>Nerfing Chansey (Hp and SpD) and Porygon2 (Def and SpD and SpA) BST.
I can see with Chansey, but 2 just doesn't seem warranted with such nerfs.

>Buffing ices, now everytime someone but another ice touches, makes contact with an ice-type pokemom, its speed drops by -1. Intrinsecal and proper of every ice type.
No, fuck off.

>HP power bp is 70 and you can always have the type you want regardless of the ivs (this is already true).
Yes to this. Gamefreak need to remove the RNG if they want to see more legit mons used.

>Here, I saved the game.
Most of your suggestions are good, but the bad ones are just so bad it brings the whole thing down.
>>
Test
>>
>>33278121
Tell me one person who uses garbage like Bruxish or Tsareena over other better Pokémon like Swampert or Breloom.
>>
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ubers-player-of-the-week-%C2%B7-week-2-transcendent-god-champion.3608823/

Pretty nice read he sums up a majority of what needs to happen in pokemon. Also the fact that he is like the worlds top 3 player proves that in the end pokemon is a science and their are only 6 actually good ones
>>
Toxic Clause
>>
uh how about steath rocks cant touch flying/levitating pokemon dose that bring som flying types back to relevancy...
>>
>>33278341
It could make some of them way too good.
>>
Evasion becomes a stat that determines how far a Pokemon can move during their turn, and to accomodate this, "accuracy" becomes "AOE".

Pokemon that are small and frail get high evasion, anything with speed (now treated as "reaction time" versus evasion's "movement radius") or bulk gets low evasion.

"Dodge" gets added to the battle menu. You can attack or dodge, you can't do both.

The movement radius adds another layer (field positioning) to battles and alleviates the static-ness of turn-based battles, allowing your Pokemon to move around, potentially outside an attack's AOE (if you successfully predict where your opponent aims). High accuracy moves get high AOE. Flamethrower gets a "spray and pray" animation, where it covers nearly the whole field, for instance, but if you're something weak like Butterfree, you can still dodge in time if you've invested enough EVs into your evasion.
>>
File: 1397770027788.png (45KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
1397770027788.png
45KB, 550x600px
>>33276600
Speed now operates like damage, varying from a calc.
>>
>New attack: Kill
>Outside of battle, choose one Pokemon. The attack OHKOs that Pokemon with priority.
>>
>>33278144
Fucking retard, I remeved Z-moves altogether and that post is the continue of >>33276771
The reality is that you can't really save this game without doing some massive rework to every of its mechanics, items and pokemon of the last generations.
Recapping
>Remove megas
>Remove Z-moves
>Take back gems, now they boost BP by 100% and will apply when the move of corrisponding type of the gem with highest BP is used for the first time.
>Perma-weather is back, but some of its abuser are nerfed. Also more pokemon will have weather abilities and anti-weather abilities (like cloud9 and some brand new ones)
>Auto-trick room slow fatmon
>Rock types need to be buffed: now rock types absorbs stealth rock and get +1 def doing it.
>TTar nerfed (-10 Atk, - 10 SpD, -10 Def, +20 SpA, +10 Spe)
>Ice types need to be buffed: Blizzard is 100% accurate if used by an ice type. Ice types will get their defense to +1 when snowing and automatically restore 6%hp, 18% with ice body. More pokemon gets snow warning. Now they resist Dragon and Fairy.
>>
>>33278289
You and the person you replied to have really stupid opinions.
>>
>>33278144
>what are held items
Uh... Not clothing, retard?

I'm talking about armor and clothing like you regularly see in the anime/movies, not trinkets.

You know, armor and general clothing which replace IV stat modifications so as to remove the bulk of the RNG in the competitive process.

Are you capable of reading and comprehending things?
>>
File: 1471564897371.png (388KB, 1536x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1471564897371.png
388KB, 1536x1172px
remove EVs
>>
>>33279976
t. Alan
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.