[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you nerf the Fairy type? I would just give it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: Fairy.jpg (87KB, 882x698px) Image search: [Google]
Fairy.jpg
87KB, 882x698px
How would you nerf the Fairy type?

I would just give it a fire weakness.
>>
>>33276488
Not very effective on Ice.
>>
>>33276488
nerf steel
>>
>>33276488
Psychic weakness.
>>33276493
Resisted by Grass and Bug, doesn't effect Ice.
>>
>>33276488
Weak to fire
No longer resists bug
Not very effective on grass

There we go
>>
>>33276488

>Type created to nerf Dragon
>Making it weak to Fire, when most Dragons learn Fire type moves i.e., the reason Steel wasn't good enough at countering it

Fairy isn't even broken anyway
>>
>>33276523
That's why >>33276502 is a more reasonable solution.
>>
I'll be that guy. Make dragon a resistance, not an immunity.

And get rid of that bug resistance. I don't know if it needs to be super effective against fighting, either.
>>
>>33276539
>inb4 "o-outrage 2hkos steel walls!"
>>
>>33276502
Also resisted by Psychic as well. In ancient tales, you needed to outsmart the fae in order to overcome them.
>>
weak to dark or ghost would be enough probably
>>
>Make Fairy weak to Normal
It sounds crazy at first, but hear me out. Normal type is considered to be your average Joe, right? Ghosts can't affect them, nor can they affect ghosts. Fairies are kinda like ghosts; to the average person, you don't see nature fairies or magic. In fact, fairy tales are written by average humans, and because normal folks don't see fairies and nymphs, we have a tendency to destroy their homes with our own needs in mind.

So, make Fairy types weak to Normal.
Also
>Remove Fighting being weak to Fairy, make it neutral
>Remove Fairy's Bug resistance
>Grass and Psychic resists Fairy
>>
Fairy is now Weak to Fire and Ice
Ice now resists Fairy.
Fairy now only resists Dragon.
Poison is immune to Fairy.
>>
>>33276488
I don't think giving Fairy another weakness is going to help. Fairy was designed to weaken the stronger typings and strengthen the weaker ones.

Steel and Poison were both outclassed offensively by Fighting, and, any other type that was super-effective against Grass, respectively. Poison and Steel should keep their respective niche advantages over Fairy. No other type should be super effective against Fairy.
>>
>>33276488
I would give it a Bug weakness
>>
>remove bug resistance because why is this even here
>weak to fire because little winged pixie fairies are basically bugs anyways
>weak to dark, but still SE to it as well, because in a bunch of my mahou shojo animes the magical power of fairies are all that can fight away the bad guys but the bad guys are always able to incapacitate them at the start of the stories and shit like that at the same time
>resistant and NFE to Grass due to connection to nature and shit
>>
I would rather nerf water or steel first, types that need it.
>>
>>33277073
>types that need it
You mean Fairy right? You nerf Fairy you indirectly nerf Steel. Water doesn't need a nerf.
>>
File: 1464808657498.png (538KB, 1280x865px) Image search: [Google]
1464808657498.png
538KB, 1280x865px
>>33276586
>>33276539
>People are STILL flustered about the Dragon immunity
When will you faggots realize they took it far when they made Dragons powerful stat wise and have access to high BP STABs to steamroll everything in sight?
>>
>>33277132
Eh, Water has its own issues. Two weaknesses, Grass and Electric, the first being a joke to bring competitively because most Water types have access to Ice type moves. Which leaves electric to handle it, and most electric types tend to be fairly weak defensively in exchange for high speed.

Water is also one of the most common types out there, and tends to be on bulky, defensive Pokemon. Water is so good that there is no point to Ice existing as a type because of aforementioned "Most Water types get Ice moves anyways".

Nerf Water somewhere, and it may help make a difference. Ice itself would need more fixing obviously, but Water has had it too good for too long.
>>
>>33277201
Nah, I disagree. Water's not busted at all, especially nowadays. Ice-types will remain shit regardless so Water having coverage is moot. There's also a lot of outright shit Water-types that aren't carried by their typing at all.

Frankly I think some people are just assblasted that Rain and Scald are good. Scald is a bit overpowered and could stand to be nerfed a bit but that's it.
>>
Weak to ice
Ice resists it
>>
>>33276948
So why not they give it a weakness to other types that aren't good offensively like grass?

Besides steel is good as a defensive type not offense
>>
>>33276488
now dark hits se fairy, but fairy still hit se dark

now clefable and the tapus fear knock off
>>
>>33276711
retarded-every dragon learns return, every dragon then shits on fairies, ruining what they were meant to do.
>>33276645
retarded- making knock off and ghost types even better when they're already everywhere.
>>33276725
retarded-you've utterly neutered it.
>>33276539
retarded-outrage 2hkos steel walls. I know you said that, but that's the equivalent of saying "What's 1+1? >inb4 2 fags". retard.
>>33276999
remove fire weakness and it's alright.
>>33277073
agreed on nerfing steel.
>>33277321
>making water types better
retarded.
>>
>>33276488
Remove the bug resistance

Remove SE against fighting

Weak to grass

Make it and Ice types resist dragon so ice won't be irrelevant

NVE against ice type
>>
>>33277786
imo

>grass resists fairy
>grass SE on fairy

And be done with it.
>>
>>33277786
This.
Buffing ice offensively would only benefit pokemon using it for coverage. It's best to buff it defensively
>>
>>33276488
Make it so it now resists dragon instead of being fully immune to it. Seriously that's some of the most ridiculous and overcompensating bullshit ever. Your idea is fine to and or fairy is now resisted by ice.
>>
>>33277872
Read >>33277146 and >>33277786.
There are no Fairy type Physical Walls as well.
>>
>>33276488
Build a time machine.
Go back in time.
Find the creators.
Threaten to fuck 'em in the ear if they go through with it.

Then do it anyway, for shits & giggles.
>>
Dragon as a resistance, not a nerf.

then proceed to nerf Dragon in some way.

also nerf Fire because it's GFs favorite type.
>>
File: Good.gif (1MB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
Good.gif
1MB, 500x276px
>>33277786
>retarded-you've utterly neutered it.
>>
>>33276523
I agree that fairy isn't broken yet, but it has all the properties to become the very thing it was meant to counter. All it takes is GF making a few overpowered fairy mons/moves and we're right back to a team with 5 fairy types and a Magnezone.
>>
File: JESUS DICK.jpg (485KB, 788x1089px) Image search: [Google]
JESUS DICK.jpg
485KB, 788x1089px
>>33276488
>hey let's make another type that resists Bug haha
>haha fuck bugs lads
FUCK GAMEFREAK FOREVER
FAIRY SHOULD BE WEAK TO BUG IF ANYTHING
>>
Remove fighting resist
Make Grass resist it
Make normal resist it
>>
Sound-type
>>
>>33276488
Remove fighting resist and se damage.Turn dragon immunity into resist.
>>33280942
Fairy resists bug because of U-turn.Yes,GF is that stupid.
>>
Remove the bug resistance.
Nerf Moonblast to 80BP or make the spatk drop happen a 10% of the time.
Nerf Dazzling Gleam to 60 BP if Moonblast is reduced to 80BP.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.