[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you put together you team for going through the main game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1422056907205.jpg (232KB, 834x782px) Image search: [Google]
1422056907205.jpg
232KB, 834x782px
How do you put together you team for going through the main game?

Do you just level up your starter and use him for everyting? Do you have a full team of six planned out before you start the game? Do you just go in blind and wing it, even on replays? Or something else? Do you pick based on what's good, which ones are your favorites, which ones you can get early and use the whole game, etc.

Give me all the details. Post your latest teams too if you want.
>>
Pretty basic I guess. Starter is usually my ace.

If I'm playing blind (first playthrough) then I just wing it and catch random Pokémon along the way.

Mapping out your team before the playthrough is gay.
>>
>>33276122
I catch whatever I find first but trying not to repeat types, doesn't really matters cause I'm gonna release them after the credits anyway, the only non-perfect Pokémon I need is my flame body Talonflame
>>
>>33276122
I use whatever i like design wise.
I plan what i want to use but not down to the 6 since it's usually more than 6 mons i want to use and i just can't pick. So i rotate them and end up using whatever works well.
I usually use the starter, only times i didn't were SM and the one time i tried to use Chikorita in HGSS.
Replays i try to use different mons.
>>
>>33276153
If I don't plan out my team beforehand I tend to use the same mons multiple times and have unbalanced teams. I like to coordinate my teams to gave them look goid together and use mons I haven't used before.
>>
Does anyone ever use normal types (without a second type) in their team?
>>
>>33276122
Always love that image.

I never plan out my team. It takes away the excitement for me.
>>
>>33276436
No. I never use normie types.
>>
I plan out my teams but then i am gay so...
>>
File: 1502520717236038 copy.jpg (673KB, 2395x900px) Image search: [Google]
1502520717236038 copy.jpg
673KB, 2395x900px
I tend to plan it out beforehand, going with Pokémon I like best while making sure I get as much coverage as possible. Water, Fire and Electric types are a must, others can vary. In theory, I try not to repeat types, but in Sun, that didn't quite go as planned.

My more recent teams have increasingly started to include Pokémon that hadn't been planned, though. In Sun, it happened with Ribombee and Araquanid; in X, it happened with Vivillon; and in OR, it happened with a shiny Linoone. Because of this, I usually end up with 7-8 Pokémon these days, so I have to rotate. It's actually added a lot of variety to the experience because it feels less limited, plus I get to try out more new Pokémon.

In any case, though, I always use Pokémon I've never used before, and if it's a new generation, only Pokémon from that generation (and in the case of Sun and Moon, one Alola form).

Pic related are my teams for Sun, Omega Ruby and X.
>>
>>33276122
For the first playthrough through a gen its usually the mons I like from prerelease material or leaks(I usually know all the list before I accquire the game).

For other playthroughs I used to plan more. Now I'm more about making it up as I go.

OR was a particularly fun one because I made up a stable of rotating 10 mons (which were always caught up level wise thanks to exp share). Dunno what I'm doing for US though, I'm torn between Rowlet + a few banked mons I never used in campaigns or Rowlet + mons I decide as I go.
>>
>>33276436
If the design is good yeah.
>>
I just catch whatever catches my eye. Rotate them out of the PC after evry gym or whatever
>>
>>33276436
My one and only team rule is to always have a Normal type. Other than that I just catch everything new and use favourites.
>>
Starter, then it's a sort of logic guided process of what would benefit me the most vs what's seemingly available. I try to have one physical attacker, one special attacker, one general wall, and basically type coverage for the rest.
If I get a rare catch I'll usually use that though just for the novelty of it, like whenever I play gen 2 I always throw a great ball at the first Abra I see before Goldenrod, sometimes it works and I use him for that playthrough.
>>
>>33276122
First playthrough of a Pokemon game I don't set a theme and just play through it naturally.

Second time around and after I either use a themed team or use shitty pokemon to give myself a challenge.
>>
File: IMG_2041.jpg (72KB, 1123x277px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2041.jpg
72KB, 1123x277px
I plan my teams first. They have to look good together and have a good variety of colors. I also have to have a fire, water, and grass type.
>>
Box starter. Only use a maximum of 4 pokemon

2/4 must never evolve
>>
What I've been doing for a while is only training pkmn with top notch IVs and shinies.

It's totally random which will be in my league team, but they will have the best iv spread of all my caught pokemon.

It can be a little hassle checking each mon's potential, but I find it fun overall

Playing Y right now, have 6 badges. the only 3 to make the cut so far are my roserade, azumarill, and chesnaught(soft reset), and a shiny female pyroar
>>
>>33276122
Idea: buy pokemon cards. Make a team from the cards you bought.
>>
>>33276122

I usually take it kinda slow. I dont get my 2nd Pokemon till the 2nd gym or after. Then I have a full team by the 8th gym.

After catching my first Pokemon, I just catch my next guys to cover for weak spots in my team.
>>
>>33276122
Back when I didn't end up having the games spoiled for me, I just picked a starter I liked design-wise and then caught every pokemon that I liked along the way,regardless of type/stats/whatever
>Now that they spoil the games for us during pre-release
I follow the same team-picking style, pick starter I like most, if none, box starter and choose a new starter which I like the most.
I do look at type coverage more nowadays though.. if there are more than 6 pokemon lines I really like and would want to use, I pick 6 of them that will give me a decent type coverage and won't repeat/too much
Also, self-rule to use only newgen pokemon
>remakes
Also rule to use only pokemon of the region that is getting the current remakes
Pre-plan what pokemon I'm gonna use, always based on which ones I like and which ones have a good type coverage
>>
I use whatever seems cool om first playthrough, but if I play through again I'll try to use things I don't use often.
>>
>>33279129
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.