[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRLG got Sevii Islands Emerald got Battle Frontier an gym leader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: ultra.png (387KB, 540x385px) Image search: [Google]
ultra.png
387KB, 540x385px
FRLG got Sevii Islands
Emerald got Battle Frontier an gym leader rematches
Platinum also got Frontier and rematches
HGSS got following Pokemon and Pokeathlon
BW2 got Pokemon World Tournament, Pokestar Studios aswell as the whole sequel aspect (so the story was all new)
ORAS got dexnav, soaring with mirage spots and legion
of legendaries

What will be USUM's bonus content?
Catching all legends again? Or PWT 2 hinted with old characters in SM? Following Pokemon maybe could work because they have the animations but these might be testing for the Switch. Other ideas? Maybe all mythicals? ORAS had Deoxys.
>>
One "Big" sidequest, like UB catching and Delta episode and that's it.
>>
>>33271854
>What will be USUM's bonus content?
What about, Lillie permanently handholding the MC through the entire game?
>>
File: This.png (402KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
This.png
402KB, 640x483px
This is what people should be placing their bets on...
>>
>>33271877
Nope, it wasnt in ORAS, it wasnt in SM so it wont be in USUM
Anabel having a brand new role is the final nail in the coffin
>>
>>33271877
I know people have doubts after ORAS. But the last two games had big references. Now we are approaching the release of the first 3rd version game(s) in five years.
>>
>Shortest development period in the history of the series.
>Only about 50 (of 120) employees at GF are working on it
>They are developing the Switch game already

It's going to be underwhelming to say the least. You'll be lucky if they even finish Alola by filling up those blocked off spots and teleports.
>>
>>33271854
Seeing as chinese knockoff mobile game implemented it just by ripping assets: walking pokemon should be back.

Tutors and a better battle facility would be nice. As would Plaza being upgraded to be less shit.
Im hoping for a good mini game too.

Im also hoping for something unexpected. The most loved extra features were always the ones we hadn't even thouught to ask for.
(Except PWT. It just never felt like it WOULD happen.)
>>
>>33271881
Alright fair enough. But what the hell is going to be USUM's selling point then? ORAS selling point was the megas, nostalgia, and a region fresh to new players. USUM has none of that.
>>
>>33271894
USUM will have alola forms and probably some new gimmick.

>>33271884
Dude even PWT had more references
>>
Battle Resort with PWT, gym post game quest to gain access to tge league, story ends with you as trial champion, but to gain access to the battle resort you have to become a league champion, 15 new alola forms?, 15 new megas, festival plaza beimg easier to access, expanded Pokefinder and a DexNav update to the Rotom Dex. Also forgot general updates to the region.
>>
>>33271854
LOOKER episode and that’s it. Same battle tree, probably with the same text from npcs too
>>
>>33272084
Why are you expecting all of this stuff? You’ve described a game better than we’ve had in a very long time.
>>
>>33272225
Highly improbable, sure, but even with a the BS Gamefreaj has done these last 4 years, I have faith a region retread such as these will require them to put in more then the minimal effort they usually use.
>>
File: I want to bayleef.jpg (155KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
I want to bayleef.jpg
155KB, 600x750px
>>33271877
>>
>>33271854
>it's a OP thinks there will be bonus content in USUM again

you'll get two new trainers at battle tree, it'll be 2 litteraly who champions from XY

and a 5min looker episode
>>
>>33271854
>HGSS got following Pokemon and Pokeathlon
and frontier and safari zones and more routes and more kanto
>>
>>33271885
This is probably the same case for bw2 and those games were good
>>
>>33273465
The break between BW and BW2 was almost twice as long as the one between SM and USUM. On top of that they were working with sprites in BW2, now with 3D world
>>
>>33272623
It got the same battle frontier from Platinum that's not new.
>>
Honestly, the best things they could do to turn back the wave of dis-interest are:

1). Bring a legitimately interesting Battle Facility or Frontier-style location.

2). Since ORAS made most Legendaries available, make it so you can catch most Mythical Pokemon in game. And for the love of god get rid of the Shiny-locks.
>>
>>33271854
battle tree with more npcs from previous regions
that will be it
>>
>>33271863
UB catching in sm was already like DE
>>
>>33273536
Yeah i guess it would be for the best
The facility should be PWT imo because
1. Its a sign GF still tries
2. It satisfies fans of all gens (to some extension of course), Frontier fans still may be bitter but they would appreciate it aswell
3. It doesnt require that mcuh work ,except creating models which isnt really that big of a deal

Mythicals would make fans happy aswell because getting them via events is cool and all but being able to catch them makes them feel more personal, specially if they wouldnt be shiny locked
>>
i just want the golf zone with the flying e4 girl
>>
>>33271894

They'll more than likely be more alolan forms
>>
>>33273536
>>33273775
Catching legendaries and mythicals shouldnt be as easy as it was in ORAS - there should be at least 1 decently sized quest to unlock them.
I love ORAS for letting me get the legendaries but it is way too simple, no effort involved beyond 'false swipe - pokeball'.

Im not saying make something huge akin to the main story, but something similar to the UB questline - just a little more unique and individual to each 'mon
>>
Here's two REALLY good reasons we should have catch-able Mythical Pokemon:

1). We're about to have a MASSIVE System shift in the games after USUM. As of now, with a single 3DS, you'll be able to play EVERY mainstream Pokemon game except for

Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald.

Meaning you have access to every Generation in some form or another and potentially the event giveaways they've had.

The Switch has NO Backwards compatibility (or even a Virtual Console yet), and thus the Switch games will be basically a fresh start for the series. And that is assuming that Nintendo is truly done with 3DS main Pokemon games.

2). Over the course of the timeframe from ORAS ending and SM releasing, all of the previous Mythical Pokemon had been given away. Some through multiple means.
They may as well wrap up both Generation 7 AND the DS/3DS Pokemon game era by letting us finally catch all the Mythicals.
>>
>>33274553
That would be cool

Mythicals + PWT would be glorious
>>
>>33274553
Except MHXX showed Switch is able to connect to a 3DS just fine. Also Pokébank exists dumbshit.
>>
>>33271854
>What will be USUM's bonus content?
Battle forest, it's many battle trees with different kinds of battles.
>>
>>33274585

That's not what backwards compatible means.

Can you play 3DS/DS/Gameboy games on Switch? No.

Of course they can connect. That's obvious.
>>
I'd like to see things referenced or used in past games.
>Battle Frontier
>Being able to return to Ultra Space
>A new set of islands to explore similar to the Seveii Islands
>Contests
>Access to the Golf Course and other floors of the hotels
>Gyms
>Light houses
>Actual dungeons to explore since SM was really lacking
>New Ribbons
>New post game quest

>>33274600
They wouldn't give away mythicals in game, that's there means of promoting the series and extending interest in the games after launch.
>>
>>33271885
>shortest
>what is Emerald which came out seven months after FRLG
>>
>>33275281
>They wouldn't give away mythicals in game, that's there means of promoting the series and extending interest in the games after launch.

They already did that with Deoxys and on top of that they can always introduce new ones aswell as use other mons as events (shinies, hidden abilities, etc) or new forms, pokemon with unique movesets etc
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.