[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pokémon flinched and couldn't move! >pokémon flinched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: battletreestreak.jpg (23KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
battletreestreak.jpg
23KB, 400x240px
>pokémon flinched and couldn't move!
>>
File: Herewego.jpg (10KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
Herewego.jpg
10KB, 320x287px
>>33271851
Yeah, we establish the battle facilities have fucked RNG for the past couple of generations.
Want to add something new fag?
>>
>not being the one doing all the flinching
>>
Battle tree general? Battle tree general.
We haven't had one in ages and I'm sure there's a lot of people who'd love to beat it but simply haven't put in the time yet.
So, let's take three hours of our daily lives, and get together to beat this massive RNG-fest.

Discuss teams, strategies, shitty losses. Share videos, teams, and QR-teams.
>>
>>33271851
can somebody make a hack where rng based bonus effects and status conditions are removed and moves get 100% accuracy but lose some base power as a percent of their old accuracy?
>>
>>33271860
It isn't that they actually alter the RNG or anything, it's that you play such a huge amount of games that any small chance becomes significant. If you roll a d20 and get a 1, you're pretty unlucky. If you roll 50 d20s and get a 1, you really shouldn't be surprised.

A large part of the "skill" in the Battle Tree is trying to stop your opponent having any chance of RNG hax; you're always going to have "stronger" Pokémon than them and better strategy than them, but if you're in a situation where you let an opponent rock slide you, you're not using the right team.

Fuck that Double Team/Confuse Ray Rotom though.
>>
>>33271918
in battle tree it's more like rolling a 1 in succession until you lose
>>
>>33271851
First time I entered, I realized all my mons were special attackers(only physical move was shadow sneak on mixed aegislash). I defeated Red though.
>>
My Archeops deletes Sawk. They send out Glalie. I use Head Smash and miss. They set up Hail. Moody lowers Attack and raises Speed. Blizzard. I send out Tapu Koko. Blizzard to about half. Thunderbolt. Moody lowers Evasion and raises Special Attack. Blizzard kills Koko. Guess what my last mon was. It was Garchomp. Fuck Battle Tree.
>>
>>33272253
>Head Smash
Sorry man, but that's where the train wreck began. I would say you should have ran Rock Slide instead, but we both know it probably would have went the same way.
>>
>>33272133
That's just bias. People remember the times they lose far, far stronger than the times they win.
If, after ten games, you missed two attacks, you'll remember how you missed in EVERY game.
This isn't a personal criticism of you, it's something that literally everybody does.
>>
The really big issue with Battle Tree is the sets. Some sets the pokemon have are so unorthodox and would never make sense or be viable in a 6V6 game and you'd never expect them. Some of those sets are outright built specifically with "luck" in mind. The infamous Sheer Cold Walrein is an example of this.
>>
I'm thinking of picking up Sun again and building a team for the Battle Tree. What are some good Pokemon for it? I don't want use Legendaries/UBs/Tapus or Pseudo-Legendaries, even though they're helpful for it.
>>
File: IMG_0650.png (69KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0650.png
69KB, 250x141px
>>33271851
> Infernape used Fake Out
> > Dragonite flinched!
> Infernape flung its King's Rock
> Dragonite Flinched

Why would you make such a set? On Infernape no less.
>>
>>33272253
>Archeops
It's a cool pokemon, but battle facilities are not the proper place to be a karenfag
>>33272370
Mimikyu, Aegislash, and a mega of your choice.
>>
>>33272309
The "Subway/Maison/Tree is rigged!" complaints only really started up because the game teambuilds against you as you progress, or in SM's case, IMMEDIATELY starts teambuilding against you.
As such, the only way to really get around is to run a team the AI can't handle.
>>
>>33271851
>Not doing Durant strat
You're not even trying
>>
>>33273289
Did someone say Kevin DURANT?
>>
File: lolwut.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>33273315
Dammit, I forgot my Carlos pic.

Anyways, Durant strat is for skrubs. Real men use level 1 Nosepasses.
>>
>>33273255
The confirmation bias is strong with this one
>>
>>33273318
>Nosepass
Enjoy your Toxic, fag. Level 2 Probopass is better.
>>
Is Fini any good just for anti-hax?
>>
>>33271851
You don't like my Tree, OP? I worked very hard on it
>>
>>33273255
While the AI does build teams to counter yours, it usually doesn't check your mon's abilities.

Case in point: the other day I was cheesing the Battle Tree with a Substitute + Belly Drum Kommo-o. At some point the opponent threw me a Choice Specs Boomburst Exploud with max HP, and I only managed to use it as setup fodder because my Kommo-o had Soundproof.
>>
>>33273255
Nothing a nice balance of effectiveness, weaknesses, resistances/immunities can't solve
>>
>>33273366
Magic Coat is there for a reason.
>>
>>33273385
Koko is probably better since it doesn't give a shit about anything besides confusion and hits much harder. In doubles Koko+A-Raichu is a legitimate lead that can streak forever as long as you have backups to deal with Ground types.
>>
File: IMG_0654.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0654.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>33273255
The Battle tree can't seem to build around my mega tyranitar, Heatran, and Latias@Soul Dew combo. 120 streak and going.
>>
>>33273255
The AI has an aneurysm if you use tutor moves or Hidden power. I had a Zapdos with Heat Wave and HP Ice in my team, and at least half the trainers used a Rotom against me to "counter" it. There's no prize for guessing what happened to all the Rotoms who weren't named "Heat".
>>
>>33273318
>having to rely on cheap tricks ever
>not overpowering the rng and making it your bitch
Why are you such a shitstain, Carlos?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.