[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you happy that the player characters all seem to originate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: x3.png (6KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
x3.png
6KB, 320x288px
Are you happy that the player characters all seem to originate in single-mom households (except RSE)? Are there different models that you would prefer?
>>
>>33266233
Yeah it's just like real life
>>
>>33266255
are you black, by chance?
>>
>>33266233
they're bad parents which is why they let their 10 year old child run off into the woods never to be seen again (except to ask you if she's allowed to spend YOUR money on stupid shit)
>>
>>33266233
It lets players self-insert better since the color of the character can match the color of the unknown father, i.e. doesn't have to match the mother's.
>>
>>33266263
No just poor
>>
Single mom household?
>>
>>33266353
Households that consist only of a mother and her children
>>
>>33266233
At least in RSE we knew who our shitty dad is. A single dad household or one where you live with other relatives would be a good change.
>>
>>33266233
I would like siblings of some sort, perhaps as a rival
>>
>>33266388
Incestfaggotry would overrun this board.
>>
>>33266416
Faggotry would overrun this board either way, as it has every Gen
>>
>>33266233
Japan is literally Daddy issues: the country, Just look at the manga they have very unhealthy relationships with their father figure, ot doesn't help that their society rewards those who doesn't even know their families.
>>
>>33266233
you have a mentioned dad in SM too
But overall, pokemon games seem to have a dad complex because everyone's dads are always absent/dead/mysteriously disappeared..and if it's not the dads, it's always both parents and never only the mom
>inb4 GF people are self-inserting
I'd personally like to see a different model
>>
>>33266432
Spotted he chink or gook
>>
It's just a Japan thing, where the dads work so much that they're never around.
>>
File: 1496252645888.jpg (60KB, 704x646px) Image search: [Google]
1496252645888.jpg
60KB, 704x646px
>>33266416
Bitch, /u/ has a shadow government running this series now, it's too late for that.
>>
I remember reading that Satoshi Tajiri worked for his father in a factory or something prior to working on video games, and that his parents didn't understand the appeal in video games (I might be wrong about this since I read it years and years ago). I always wondered if he had father issues, and Norman being the only father (and a stern one at that) made me think. He's been the Executive Producer since Crystal though, so maybe the lack of a father in later games is just tradition.
>>
>>33266379
This would be great
>>
>>33266233
I always just though your father was just traveling/away on a business trip or something:
>"Dad would like this program"
Doesn't seem like he's absent from your life.
>>
>>33267291
>dad would like this game!
wasn't that in the celedon mall?
>>
In gens 1-4 and gen 7 they're probably just generic salary men.
In gen 5 they're probably guys that have gotten divorced for child support.
In gen 6 they got snackbar'd
>>
>>33266263
>>>/pol/
>>
>>33267097
I don't think its daddy issues. Japanese fathers are usually absent from house life and pokemon isn't the only game/anime to depict that
>>
>>33269206
There's also the fact that it's the norm for families to completely separate when divorce happens. Stuff like visitation on the weekends is not really something that happens in Japan and joint custody doesn't exist under Japanese law. So if kid goes with the mom in a divorce, they probably would not ever see the dad again.
>>
File: Sun_and_his_mom.jpg (152KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_and_his_mom.jpg
152KB, 640x360px
>>33266233

I never liked the single parents crap.
That's one of most annoying thing in Pokémon that I hate.

All homes suppose to always have two parents.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.