[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your favourite Pokémon Generations episode and why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: chateau.jpg (88KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
chateau.jpg
88KB, 1200x675px
What was your favourite Pokémon Generations episode and why was it The Old Chateau?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBp1quVhbjo
>>
>>33255659
I prefer 'The Vision' because I properly started Pokemon with Omega Ruby, that and I think Primal Groudon is a fucking badass.
The remixed version of 'drought' is fantastic.

I do love the Chateau episode as well, we need an entire full length season done like that.
>>
>>33255659
>Go KYOGRE , destroy everything
>Oh no. KYOGRE destroy everything
still, the face of KYOGRE is scary
>>
The Lake of Rage
>>
>>33255659
Nah, The Chateau wasn't my favorite Generations episode. That title belongs to The Scoop and The Awakening.
>>
I just want a half-assed web series that's just about Looker's role in the game universe already.
>>
>>33255659
Generations celebrated 20th anniversary better than the actual 20th anniversary game.
>>
>>33256046
that was my favorite ep solely for the adrenaline rush of the scenery (and courtney)
>>
File: Reshiram.full.1291059.jpg (824KB, 2500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Reshiram.full.1291059.jpg
824KB, 2500x2100px
>>33255659
The King Returns is some good ass shit. Really did my nigger Reshiram some justice, 10/10
>>
>>33255659
This is the first of them I've bothered watching. Are the others worth it?
>>
>>33256262
Some of them are pretty good, the others are pretty lackluster (the Challenger, the Magma Stone and the Redemption are pretty unimpressive). It's still worth a watch anyway, they're not too long and a most them are faithful retellings of events in the games.
>>
>>33256163
Do you like how their celebrate 20th anniversary with BURASTO BURN
>>
>>33255659
It was my favourite because I love Cheryl.
>>
>>33255659
i want a story about Looker and the Pokemon police station
>>
>>33256192
>N and Hilbert remeeting is now canon
So many angry Hildafags. I loved it
>>
>>33255659
That Chansey was more terrifying than any of the ghosts in that episode.
>>
>>33255659
that episode made me rock hard!
Hypnosis is a good fetish
>>
The one with N, ghestis and zekrom
>>
So does the Chateau episode shows what happened to Cheryl before you meet her, or is it a what if scenario where she never meets the player?
Honestly the way the player character is absent in some of these is kind of off putting.
>>
>>33256311
Made sense though. The Unova founders were brothers after all. Made thematic sense
>>
>>33255659
Not sure if it's my favorite, but I really like The Scoop. Not only do we get to see the Deoxys fight in space animated, but it's neat to see how a couple of relative randos would react to finding out about the sort of shit the protagonist is up to, catching never before seen alien Pokemon.
>>
>>33256012
>started with Omega Ruby
You fucking what
>>
Without looking back, all the episodes/moments I can remember:
Kanto - Arcanine melting the wall then him and his trainer just awkwardly look at it trying to figure out what to do, Magnemine unlocks a door
Johto - Looker talked to Silver about something
Hoenn - based. I remember all 3 episodes
Sinnoh - Old Chateau, something with Giratina?
Unova - they were basically all just action sequences from the games
Kalos - for some reason Lysandre is the Steve Jobs of the Pokemon world, something that wasn't alluded to at all in the games
>>
>>33258229
>Kalos - for some reason Lysandre is the Steve Jobs of the Pokemon world, something that wasn't alluded to at all in the games

Startling. Lack. Of. Content.
>>
>>33255659
The Scoop is the best.
>that remixed Deoxys theme
>Deoxys regeneration
>FUG
All three of Hoenn's episodes were some top notch shit.
>>
>>33258229
> for some reason Lysandre is the Steve Jobs of the Pokemon world, something that wasn't alluded to at all in the games
I mean he doesn't get Steve Jobs levels of hype in the game, but I think it was clear that he was supposed to be a popular figure just like Diantha was supposed to be popular. Neither was conveyed very well, but we know that Lysandre has #lodsamone and is responsible for the Holocaster. I think some background NPCs and TV broadcasts talk about him at some point, too.
The problem is that XY handled its characters like straight garbage. It would've been fairly easy to have a crowd of total randoms hanging outside the cafe to catch a glimpse of Lysandre when he's introduced to the player.
>>
File: 1466394526665.jpg (149KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1466394526665.jpg
149KB, 800x700px
>>33256192
Also my favorite episode. Even though Hilda is my favorite female protag, it was worth it to see Hilbert ride in on Zekrom.
>>
>>33258473
I'm glad they paired them off like this. I've always felt as if, even though both dragons work to some extent no matter which Hero they go to, there was clear intent with their allotment and that Reshiram has always fit with N because he was telling an objective truth, whereas the Protagonist was standing up for certain ideals; that people and Pokemon can live together in harmony.
>>
>>33258572
Don't be stupid, the intention is that N wants to build an ideal world of separation and the protag wants to show the truth of Pokemon and human interaction. N's "truth" doesn't really exist. You can hedge a bit and make them both work for either of them but in the main version -- Black -- N gets Zekrom for a clear reason.
>>
>>33258719
Tsk.
>>
>>33258572
Yeah, I figured it was due to N's color scheme leaning more towards white and lighter colors.
>>
>>33258572
In terms of ideas, N can suit both dragons, but aesthetically, he looks best with Reshiram.
>>
>>33258197
I missed so much, i was young and naive.
I'm busy catching up.
Forgive me.
>>
File: maxresdefault (11).jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (11).jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
In terms of aesthetics, this episode was my favourite.
>>
>>33255659
>Old Chateau
Would be a nice horror/rape dounjin.

I can even see... Her trapped by the pale girl, in a full nelson position, seeing the mad buttle raping the Chansey to death, and then coming to her and ends her fate... In the middle of action, the buttle hand turn bigger and purpple, revealing a big ass Hauterape picture and then a "KYAAAAA" onomatopoeia on the old mansion picture.
Aftermatch, another prey is comming from the forest... And the girl/chansey is the new "buttler", luring to the death end.
>>
>>33255659
"The Magma Stone" because it's very nice to see Claydol and Heatran getting some atention, Croagunk is my favorite, and Looker is somewhat competent for a change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3k371pib40
>>
>>33258418

Ironically the 4 minute short handled Lysandre's "villain with good publicity" thing WAY better than the actual game.

My favourites were the Hoenn episodes and the first two Unova ones. The Gym Leaders coming to the rescue at the League was great and Drayden's Haxorus vs the Liepard and Weavile/Cryogonal had some stellar animation.
>>
Gabby and Ty was the best. It's the one I remember the most.
>>
File: Capture.png (381KB, 771x428px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
381KB, 771x428px
Did they die?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.