[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nzg/ Nuzlocke General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 86

File: 1470776633585.jpg (218KB, 714x937px) Image search: [Google]
1470776633585.jpg
218KB, 714x937px
Trio trio trio Edition
>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/eC8Kp5sx
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/QeWVEgEc
>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472

Old Thread: >>33183817
>>
Dugtrio looks like a cocks haha
>>
What level should I grind to going into Grant

team is Frogadier/Vivillon/Fletchinder/Furfrou/Dunsparce/Sandile
>>
>>33244641
Just ohko everything with frogadier
>>
>>33244359
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Use the updated pastebins
>>
>>33244716
>>33244641
Or, if Sandile knows a good ground move, sweep with it cause both Tyrunt and Amaura are weak to ground.
>>
>lost Rattata before I got 2 badges
>no Slowpoke in the well
>Ekans has Shed Skin and a -Defense nature, so is probably not long for this world
>starter was a fucking Chikorita
>so many Grass and Poison types

I used to love Johto when I was a kid. I loved SS when it first came out. Why is it such a goddamn chore now that I'm older and Nuzlocking?
>>
File: Part 6, Bugsy Down.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 6, Bugsy Down.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>33245477
Mylla tore through Bugsy, as expected. Such is the joy of an almost guaranteed Geodude in these games. She'll dominate Whitney too, inevitably, followed by Cid destroying Morty, and so on.

I'm really underleveled right now. I really should grind some. I think I'll go grab some Headbutt encounters first, though.
>>
>>33245477

Because the variety is shit, the focus is way too much on Kanto Pokemon, the levels of everything other than major bosses are disgustingly low, plus Gen 4's slow speed of text, and HGSS just didn't fix enough of the original's problems. I actually think HGSS are THE worst games to Nuzlocke because of how boring most of the encounters can be and how overly grindy it winds up being.
>>
>>33245477
Because you're bad

>hurrrrr guyzzzz gen VI is the most difficult game ever i swear!!!!!!

>>33246175
>how overly grindy it winds up being.
Only if your end goal is Red
>>
>>33246607

It's still pretty grindy for the Elite Four. It's not AS bad as the original GSC thanks to the rematches, but the rematches require looking up the specific days for specific trainers and that's not fun either.
>>
File: Pokemon_Y_2.png (145KB, 972x601px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Y_2.png
145KB, 972x601px
Just got done with Grant

Team:
Superior (Frogadier Lv. 25)
Erie (Vivillon Lv. 22)
Huron (Fletchinder Lv. 22)
Caspian (Dunsparce Lv. 22)
Gulf (Furfrou Lv. 23)
Aral (Sandile Lv. 23)
>>
>encounter of route 210 is a chansey
>capture it
>holding a lucky egg

this is truly a blessed day
>>
>>33247477
>getting a rare encounter with an even rarer item
Must be hax.
>>
>>33247486
Is chansey really a "rare" encounter in gen IV? I mean, i used to train in route 210 because they pop up every now and then and give tons of xp for basically no effort
>>
>>33247494
It's a 5% encounter in that Route, so it's not as bad as other games. I'd be more likely to call bullshit if it was a Gen 1 Safari Zone encoutner and you still caught it.
>>
File: Legato Town.jpg (352KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Legato Town.jpg
352KB, 1552x1015px
Just arrived at Filename. Lost Pisco to a Grunt battle at Rustling Forest, just as it was about to evolve (not that it would be useful on the next gym anyway, sorry buddy).
Fat Frog has now joined the group and will be sitting on the bench for a while, since it's pretty much useless until you can evolve it.
Up next: Rival battle against Dickass thief.
>>
>>33247836
Sage is complete?
>>
>>33247910
Nope, though the people working on it claim most of the assets are done. The new demo goes up to the 3rd gym, with around 120 pokemons if I remember correctly.
>>
>>33247928
How often is it being updated? Any word on how long it'll take until it's finished?
>>
>>33247950
Probably in 8 years
>>
>>33247950
Last week one of the devs made a thread to publish the new demo, which was updated shortly after to fix some bugs played reported in a very quick manner. As for updates, if I recall they said the next one will be the full game, which may come (being extremely optimistic) by 2020.

As it is right now, the demo is a lot of fun and I reccomend you give it a go, I'm on my second playthrough (didn't Nuzlocke the first one) and I'm having a blast.
>>
>>33248000
2020? Christ but yea I'm looking to play it eventually. I'm still currently playing clover
>>
>>33248038
>2020
That's being incredibly generous. It's been 6 years since the project has begun. Sure, they have done a lot since then, but honestly I'd expect it to take at least 5 more years to be fully complete
>>
>>33248100
So far around half the desk is already implemented in the demo, and I think all the sprites for the pokemons are ready. Move animations seem pretty barebones though, and while they may have all the overworld assets ready, they still need to design a shitton of maps., so yeah, even though the devs said 2020 I agree it might take even more time.
>>
>>33248149
>desk
Meant to type dex.
>>
>watching nuzlocke lp
>reasonably normal
>as soon as he gets to palkia, he adds palkia, then uxie, then azelf, then mesprit to his team

someone give me some bleach and a good lp so i can purify my soul
>>
File: Post Ricardo.jpg (343KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Post Ricardo.jpg
343KB, 1552x1015px
>>33247836
>catch grass elephant
>dies to random crit the first time I use it
>catch monkey with 60 on all stats
>only evolves on level 34
>catch slow ass pink turtle
>only evolves with moon stone
>only way to get moon stone on the game is if you catch said turtle holding it
>holding nothing but air
>lose another close to evolving mon in the form of Pebblosa to Dick the Cowboy

I hate Pokemon.
Good thing Minarac is evolving soon and is actually useful on the next gym. Hope I don't jinx myself.
>>
>>33248308
I can understand Palkia, and maybe one of the pixies, but why all 3? That's just making half your team weak to the same things. And it's not like they're that strong in-game.
>>
File: Part 7, Whitney Grinding.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 7, Whitney Grinding.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Got a few more encounters, changed my team up a bit. Next step is to grind to 19, then take on Whitney. I'm not anticipating too much trouble; planning on leading with Lolorito and setting up a Reflect just before killing Clefairy, then swapping out to Mylla after Miltank comes out, while Reflect is still up.
>>
>find yanma in the great marsh
Sweet, never used one
One level away from turning into yanmega too this will be great. Let's just train it a lit-
>first battle
>first hit it takes is a crit water pulse that leaves it on red and confused
>it hits itself

fuck this game
>>
Yo the HG and Platinum links (mat be more these are the only two I checked) are removed in the past bin, can anyone share?
>>
>>33247477

When I had to grind in Pearl, I went back to Route 209 to farm for a Lucky Egg with Thief on Spiritomb (as it happens, you only need two DSs and two Sinnoh games, doesn't need to be another person), and got one on my first try. I was so happy, it made the grind a lot easier.
>>
just lost fletchinder to a Lucario of Death what should I replace it with
>>
>>33249502
I found them on romhustler by the way. I'll be doing a babymon-only nuzlocke in the next few days if that interests anyone.
>>
>>33249573
Budew.
>>
>>33245130
For the next thread

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Links to official games
https://pastebin.com/7z6UNHyB
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
>Emulator info
https://pastebin.com/qRSUUHF7
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/QeWVEgEc
>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
>Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>>
File: Part 8, As Expected.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 8, As Expected.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Whitney downed without issue. No surprises in this update. Glad my level cap is higher, so that I can evolve a couple of these guys.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (838KB, 874x434px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke.png
838KB, 874x434px
>>33250454
hope you have good luck

i am just standing before lance, so wish me luck too
>>
>>33250595
I wish you the best of luck, anon. Lance was what actually ended my first SoulSilver attempt; his very last Pokémon, too. Not sure how tough he is in Polished, but may it end in your favor.
>>
File: welp.png (15KB, 504x278px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
15KB, 504x278px
Dark Rising Origins Nuzlocke here

Well Americlap the Gomamon ate shit against the first gym leader's ace because >randomcritsarefairandbalanced.jpg
Other than that it went pretty well.
Once my second loss happens I'll start using a template.
>>
>five straight routes with no captures

guess i'm fucked
>>
>>33251549
>was about to post annoyance of hitting max dupes in Mount Mortar
>see this

Well now I feel petty. I'm sorry for your misfortune.
>>
>>33250595
Why the Eevee?
>>
>>33252248
He's probably confident in his abilities to 5-man the Elite 4.

I'm guessing the hack plays off of the engine of the original Crystal, in which friendship grows horrendously slowly. However, defeating certain important trainers such as gym leaders and the elite 4, give a boost of friendship to all Pokémon in one's party. He probably wants an Espeon/Umbreon, and is keeping Eevee with him to get it that Elite 4 Victory Exp. Boost so that he can have it earlier on into Kanto.
>>
File: Part 9, Team Building.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 9, Team Building.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>33250454
finally starting to assemble something that resembles a team. I've got a couple of guys in the box that I would love to use, but just aren't useful immediately. Specifically, Thancred the Nidorino, Moenbryda the Pineco, and Raubahn the Krabby. In that same vain, I have a couple of teammates that I don't plan on keeping around forever, see Cid the Noctowl and Mylla the Geodude. But, for now, I have a team with some decent variety, that I think can help me through the next big chunk of the game. Next step is to train everyone to 25, and then I'll fight Morty.
>>
Starting my first ever Nuzlocke on Y

>My start must be Chespin
>Can't use any other gift pokemon
>Species clause: Can't catch a pokemon of the same evolution line as one I've already caught.
>No legendaries
>No O-power
>Battle mode set
>If I find a shiny, I can catch it but not use it.

So far I've got
>Sanic (Lvl 13 Chespin)
>Gen1rick (Lvl 3 Pidgey)
>Oregamo (Lvl 4 Pansage)
>Hangar (Lvl 5 Burmy)
>Rusty (Lvl 6 Bidoof)

Not the best aquisitions. About to grind for the first gym.
>>
>starter gets killed by the double battlers outside of Reflection Cave
>first encounter in said cave is mr. mime
>fuckyeah.jpeg
>send in furfrou to weaken it
>lol no, crit bite

gettin' reeeeeeeeeeeal sick of ur shit Y
>>
>>33252731
Pidgey should sweep with no issue.
>>
I'm nearing the end of Y, mercifully. Is Terminus Cave even worth fucking with?
>>
File: 20170810_010244.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170810_010244.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
started a new nuzlocke on x
>mfw girl characters get cool little details like pikachu 3ds
I never knew until now. wow I'm mad
>>
File: Pokemon Crystal (E) [C][!].png (12KB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Crystal (E) [C][!].png
12KB, 480x288px
>>33252248
>>33252275
i just wanted a fire type so i took in to the party since fire stones are post game

anyway, i did it, kanto time
>>
>>33253085
that depends on his clauses. Clearly he's not playing with a level limit, which is going to work very well in his favor against Viola. But, speaking from personal experience, if one is playing with a level limit, on set, and with no items allowed in battle, a Pidgey cannot sweep her without insane luck. The tick damage, and locking-in power, of Vivillon's Infestation completely fucks a like-leveled Pidgey.
>>
File: why.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>33254147
>Get gligar in platinum
>go through cave under bike pass to try and get earthquake for it.
>hiker on route 207 has a geodude lvl 20
>remember geodude leans self-destruct at 19
>no way would he use it right?

wasted fucking earthquake on a gilgar that i didn't even have for more then 5 minutes.
>>
>>33254147
whoops didn't mean to respond.
>>33254592
>>
shit my cat walked over my keyboard and my emulator is all fucked up

default settings for platinum on desmume anyone
>>
holy shit i didnt knew how different the cyrus fight on mt. coronet was in platinum compared to diamond/pearl

almost got wiped, my bronzoooong
>>
also, pachirisus are surprisingly resistant despite looking so shitty

fucker ate an earthquake from gyarados like it was no big deal
>>
finally Thursday
>grab Hard Stone from the guy
>do bug catching contest
>get a fucking Caterpie

man, I was hoping to at least get a Paras.
>>
File: Part 10, Spooked.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 10, Spooked.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Team's starting to look good, fourth badge obtained. Now fort he tricky part, though: balancing out the level caps of the next three gym leaders. I think I'll clear out the Lake of Rage next, all except for the Red Gyarados itself. Once that half's all done, I'll go and get the next gym badge, and while I'm in the area train Omega to level 30+, so that it can easily one-shot the Red Gyarados. Beat Team Rocket, take on Pryce, then train everyone to 35 and take on Jasmine. It's always a weird stretch, but also thankfully not too difficult of one.
>>
>beat Korrina
>get the macguffin ring
>Budew is now Level 30 (the same level as Vivillon and Furfrou, my aces)
>IT STILL HASN'T FUCKING EVOLVED

(yes it's daytime rn)
>>
File: Part 11, Lord of the Deep.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 11, Lord of the Deep.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>33257979
Red Gyarados slain, Red Scale traded in for Experience Share. Adding Leviathan to the party, and dropping said Exp. Share on him. Fitting, how killing that Gyarados is now going to help me get one of my own.
Oh, and I guess I also beat Chuck. He's such a walk in the park, though, that that's hardly even worth mentioning. Pryce does have me a bit on edge, though. I guess we'll see how this all goes down.

>>33258368
use Potions on it when it gets damaged, slap any Vitamins you have on it, or just run around in circles for an hour or two. There are ways.
>>
Well after i lost my gligar decided to slather some honey in a tree and call it a night. woke up today to get a Lonely herracross. Maybe its a sign?
>>
>>33259615
how the fuck does the honey mechanic work anyway? i never, ever find anything in this shit. just waste honey. a day later, few hours later, the fucking trees never have anything
>>
>>33258368
You have to take it to Amie at least once to have it level with friendship.
>>
>>33259678
This is incorrect. Pokemon Amie does not effect happiness. Friendship is for Pokemon like Sylveon.
>>
Just looked it up and you have to return to it after 6 hours to get a Pokemon. As far as what shows up its percentage based.

Wurmple 30%
Combee 20%
aipom, cherubi, burmy 15%
herracross is 5%
munchlax is dependent on your SID what ever that is.
>>
>>33259701
six hours exactly? who times this shit?

and i remember coming back constantly after smearing the tree in floaroma an entire day and still got nothing
>>
>>33259697
I must've had a weird coincidence then because my Azurill did not evolve until someone told me to try it. Very next level it evolved. Same for a Budew I had in a later rune. I'm just speaking to what worked for me, but I could be wrong.
>>
>Pokérus

aw hell yeah
>>
>>33259711
i think any time after 6 hours you should have something but if you wait a whole day to go back it might just go away or something
>>
File: Part 12, Rocket Power.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 12, Rocket Power.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Quick update before I go out. Halfway through Team Rocket's Mahogany Base, I've finally gotten myself a beautiful, functional team, and everyone on it has Pokérus. I'm finally starting to get into this run.
>>
After im done with my nuzlocke of fire red should I do crystal or soul silver next lads?
>>
>>33260336
crystal
>>
someone just give me any pokemon game and i'll probably do it. gen 3 hacks are fine too.
>>
>>33260368
Platinum
>>
>>33260368
FireRed.
>>
>>33260397
Might have to search for the cartridge but that shouldn't be a problem. Wanna pick gender and starter too? No starter is a valid option.
>>
>>33260424
You're a girl, and your starter is Turtwig.
>>
>>33260429
this
>>33260424
>>
File: 1475379167946.jpg (229KB, 777x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1475379167946.jpg
229KB, 777x1028px
Nuzlocke in SM while only catching bird-like Pokemon. Doable?

spoiler]This is already the third time I borequit and reset my game from the start.[/spoiler]
>>
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this (I'm relatively new to /vp/) but where do I get Pokemon ROMs nowadays? I own both the game I want to emulate as well as a GBA SP. I checked the pastebin but all the games I tried lead to pages that say they were removed due to copyright. Also, I didn't see a general for emulation, so that's why I asked here. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>33252731

Well, the first gym proceeded without incident, but the type coverage of new pokemon has not improved. I've added a Ladyba (Named Spat) and a Doduo (Named Clarence). I just know I'm gonna get a Zubat...

>>33254147

I'm playing with a "loose" level limit. I cannot intentionally grind any of my pokemon beyond the max level of the next gym (IE Sanic was level 14 because that's the level he was at when I got to the city, but none of my other pokemon were allowed to get higher than 12 before I got into the gym).
>>
>>33260783
Someone made a new version of the pastebin. Have fun.
https://pastebin.com/7z6UNHyB
>>
File: 20170810_185430.jpg (3MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170810_185430.jpg
3MB, 2160x2160px
Holy shit, Hau used a Z-move and I just barely survived. I thought for sure I was fucked.

They certainly make no battle guaranteed.
>>
>>33261374
Is nicoblog even a safe website to download from?
>>
File: firered.png (68KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
firered.png
68KB, 500x413px
Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke. Lat thing I did was beat the trainers on Nugget Bridge, then I caught Paul and Stanley. The Two deaths were due to a Spinda with Revenge in Viridian Forest for Henry, and Gary has a Seviper with Leaf Blade which destroyed Rob
>>
>>33261356

Welp, Hangar has fallen. Fought the double Furfrou battle outside the palace and they just kept head butting and got a crit on him. Had to growl spam with Rusty to prevent further casualties.
>>
File: ay.png (94KB, 975x542px) Image search: [Google]
ay.png
94KB, 975x542px
Ended up not being able to find my Platinum cart so I'm playing on a flashcart. I was hoping to avoid that because it runs slow as shit. At least I got to turn off trade evos.

I know I was told to use Turtwig but I've used it a ton and I like a challenge. So I'm gonna go ahead and try an alphabetlocke. I'm sure this is a terrible idea. I put a nice little star by the current team. Feel free to ask any questions if the rules don't make sense.
>>
>>33261558
nice template
>>
>>33261945
This sounds fucking retarded
>>
>>33262010
Yea I know it was horrible, but I had to go somewhere so I had to rush.
>>
>all these bitches playing xy on on a normal nuzlocke

As if xy aren't easy enough. I'm about to do a wedlocke
>>
>>33262035
>xy
>Lucarios of Death
>Damon Grant the 'mon killer
>enjoy your selection of equally shitty normal types - the game
>easy
>>
>playing Sacred Gold
>Lose Zoltan the Houndoom to one rocket chimp while fighting to Safari Zone
>Lose Bolto the Luxray to a crit Bounce by Archer's Gyarados (even though I had intimidated him)

Currently grinding to evolve my Monferno then Duskull, as I know Poliwrath and Altaria can't handle a team of 6 steel mons alone.
>>
Final badge, in the bag! Bisharp made short work of Abomasnow and Cyrogonal, but that Avalugg battle dragged on endlessly because he spammed Curse. Finally landed a Crit Iron Head and it was over. I'm debating replacing Quagsire with Altaria since his stats are a bit underwhelming and Garchomp should be able to handle ground duties.
>>
File: Badge8_Y.png (807KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Badge8_Y.png
807KB, 1552x1015px
>>33262427
Damnit, I always forget the image.
>>
File: Pokemon_Y_3.png (146KB, 972x601px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Y_3.png
146KB, 972x601px
fucking evolve you stubborn piece of shit plant

Team:
Ontari (Budew Lv. 30)
Gulf (Furfrou Lv. 30)
Erie (Vivillon Lv. 30)
Caspian (Dunsparce Lv. 28)
Oasis (Spoink Lv. 27)
Aral (Krokorok Lv. 29)
>>
>>33262443
well the good news is that your Garchomp is still kicking; it can be a huge help throughout the Elite 4. I'm a bit unsure about your team as a whole, though. I'm especially thinking about Siebold; my second attempt at Y his Gyarados set up Dragon Dances and swept my whole team. It might not be a bad idea to incorporate that Gothitelle into your final team, give it Thunderbolt.
>>
>>33263095
My first and only X nuzlocke nearly fell to Siebold's Gyardos too. The only Pokemon that survived was a Tyrantrum that managed to beat Dianthe on its own. Fuck Siebold and fuck X/Y.
>>
File: gn_enbu_ss003.png (15KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
gn_enbu_ss003.png
15KB, 960x720px
What's /vp/'s favorite touhou
I want to do a nuzlocke on a game that isnt actually pokemon
>>
>>33263261
uhhh
is Kogasa an option?
>>
File: bee.png (181KB, 975x549px) Image search: [Google]
bee.png
181KB, 975x549px
>>33261945
Somehow managed to not catch a single grass, water, or fighting type before Roark. Evolving Bidoof would have put her over the level limit.

Kricketune swept with Fury Cutter. Bless this cricket.
>>
>>33263095
Gothitelle? Hm. Might not be a bad idea, though I'd have to do quite a bit of grinding. I'm with you on Siebold, he's gonna be a motherfucker. Also of note is that I lost Quagsire and Altaria on Victory Road, but gained a Lickitung (which I proceeded to trade my only Heart Scale to evolve it to Lickilicky). It does have Power Whip, which combined with the Meadow Plate and a +atk nature, do you think it would be enough? Nobody in the party presently can learn Tbolt.
>>
>>33263262
every character between 1 and 14 (not 14.5), including print works, are available
>>
>>33263344
then choose kogasa
>>
>>33245477
Because you're playing a fucking nuzlocke. You're making your life more difficult than it should be, you cunt.
>>
Bumping back to page 1
>>
>>33264154
Yeah, but I've found that some games, such as Platinum and Black/White, I've grown to enjoy more while Nuzlocking.
>>
>>33263261
which 2humon game is this?
>>
File: Pokemon_Y_4.png (150KB, 972x601px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Y_4.png
150KB, 972x601px
about fucking time

Team:
Ontari (Roselia Lv. 32)
Erie (Vivillon Lv. 32)
Oasis (Grumpig Lv. 32)
Gulf (Furfrou Lv. 31)
Aral (Krokorok Lv. 31)
>>
Dupes clause triple triggered on Route 27, knocked out the Goldeen in Tohjo Falls. Not that there was really anything I wanted in either, but it always sucks missing encounters.
>>
File: welp.png (220KB, 1004x795px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
220KB, 1004x795px
>>33250761
Alright I made a shitty template. Some close calls but no second loss yet.
Things are starting to get cringy on the fanfic front. My character is a stereotypical cynical brooding edge-lord who fights evil bullies and I'm currently assisting a team called "Dark Rising" in a raid on fucking S.T.A.R. Labs. Which I can only assume is the one from the D.C. universe.
>>
File: oh no.png (12KB, 490x356px) Image search: [Google]
oh no.png
12KB, 490x356px
>>33267418
So I just beat my rival pretty handily.
>"I must go to Winterfell to retrieve another chip. Goodbye"
>Winterfell
Oh dear.
>>
File: generic red.png (53KB, 624x557px) Image search: [Google]
generic red.png
53KB, 624x557px
>tfw literally just a raticate solo run at this point
>>
>>33267969
oh hey, nothing I have can learn cut. run's over, I guess
>>
>>33268022
just grab oddish from the dead, make him cut when you need to, and put him back in dedbox when you're done cutting
>>
>>33268066
would, but I released my dead 'mons
>>
>>33268093
then just catch another one, make him cut and release him when done
>>
>33236147
Haven't actually played the last few days. It's really a problem not to play in a while since you start to care less about your mons...
>>
>>33268220
>>33236147
Obviously would fail at linking to the other thread by hand
>>
>>33265897
Touhou Puppet Dance Performance
>>
>>33244359
critical hits are retarded
when will we see them go the way of HMs?
>>
>>33269116
when you stop being a faggot, aka never
>>
>>33269289
>being this edgy
>on a malaysian needle point website's digimon board
>>
>>33248308
All Pokemon LPers are autistic.
>>
>>33269116
without critical hits, all Nuzlockes become easy, because then you can account for every situation that comes up. What makes a Nuzlocke challenging and fun is the rng that will, without a doubt, dick you over several times per playthrough. Nuzlockes are tests of your ability to adapt and survive.
>>
File: post cheren.jpg (76KB, 937x703px) Image search: [Google]
post cheren.jpg
76KB, 937x703px
It's been a while, hasn't it? It took about three hours to get the infrared to work but I finally managed to get Challenge Mode back onto White 2. Let's not lose to Burgh this time.
Sewaddle took care of Cheren pretty easily, with the help of Azurill's Charm on Patrat and an X Attack. I hope I get something good to battle Roxie with.

Is there an /nzg/ discord? If not, should I make one?
>>
>>33267969
Beedrill can learn Cut, unless you've already abandoned the locke. If that's the case, best of luck if you start again, understandable if you'd rather not.
>>
>>33269755
rosa is cute! cute!
>>
>>33269780
This is fact. Gen 5 is full of cute characters and she's my favorite.
>>
I never posted in this kind of thread. I don't do nuzlocke challenges because i really don't like the idea of my pokemon dying. In normal runs, i always give nicknames to the one i use in my party, and at the end of the game i bring them to lv100 and berry reset EV / EV train, because even if they suck compared to bred pokemon, i want them to be as awesome as they can.
Oh, and i bring my old teams across all generations, i have dedicated box to that. I sometimes use them in the weird tournaments held online, like the recent Weakness Cup.

But... i really like you guys and what you guys do. Expecially in cases like this >>33269755
I think the way you decided to keep track of your team is really cool, you have my respect
>>
>>33269836
>I don't do nuzlocke challenges because i really don't like the idea of my pokemon dying.
No one does bud, which is why we try extra hard to protect our friends. Sometimes tragedy happens, and it always hits like a truck, but the pain makes us stronger and the fallen comrades motivate us to improve more and more
>>
This is probably a silly question, but would anyone mind if I put progress for a monotype play-through in here? Trying to hold myself over before I get back to college.
>>
>>33269932
>This is probably a silly question, but would anyone mind if I put progress for a monotype play-through in here?
go ahead

if it helps to keep the thread bumped, even better
>>
>>33269848
Well, I tend to fall into depression phases even for stupid reasons or no reason at all. So i try to avoid doing things i know that could make me sad, like ... seeing a pokemon die. I know it's very stupid
>>
>>33244359
Just wiped twice in two days in Soul Silver.
First time was to the 5th gym's Focus Punch/Double Team Primeape. Stupid, but fine
I didn't give up and dove right back in. The second time I beat the first two gyms really quick, only to have no pokemon that could take on the rival fight right before Ilex Forest. Lv 18 Croconaw. Fuck that. Didn't catch a bellsprout or mareep? Then FUCK YOU.

I love nuzlockes, but some games have certain areas where you just have no hope if you didn't get the right RNG.
>>
File: IMG_3010.jpg (23KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3010.jpg
23KB, 450x299px
>>33270613
Don't pick cyndaquil then scrub
>>
File: smug chimecho.png (185KB, 405x375px) Image search: [Google]
smug chimecho.png
185KB, 405x375px
>>33270717
>calling people names
>mobileposting
>>
File: mario.gif (951KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
mario.gif
951KB, 500x384px
>>33270613
>Didn't catch a mareep
You could've gotten one at Violet City by talking to Primo.
>>
>>33270717
let me just change my trainer ID real quick faggot
>>
>>33270764
>in my bed shitposting on /vp/ and shiny hunting

Should I even give one fuck?
>>
>>33270831
>Primo
hardly seems legit for a nuzlocke
>>
>>33270853
>hardly seems legit
So a Level 1 Togepi with an 80 BP Psychic attack is ok but a Mareep without egg moves, which can also be found in the very next route, isn't?
>>
>>33270879
Yes
>>
File: 000 - 000.jpg (337KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
000 - 000.jpg
337KB, 1400x1000px
So i'm thinking of this new project. Thoughts on the rules?

The differences between Tame and Chaos are:
Tame - Starter (two evos), trades, wild pokemon (area 1-to-1), abilities and TMs/Tutors (but not compatibility changes) randomized. Everything else left as it is, safe settings on. No legendaries.

Chaos - Starter (any pokemon), trades, wild pokemon (random), items, abilities, trainers (random, force fully evolved 36, level modifier +10%), TMs/Tutors (no compatibility changes) randomized. Safe settings off (so bad abilities, bad items, game breaking moves could happen. No legendaries.
>>
>>33270879
Nice assumption there. I box that egg.
Being able to find a mareep on the next route doesn't matter, because I didn't catch one.

Do you really think using some online generator website to get a pokemon that's a direct answer to your rival's pokemon just before you fight for the 2nd time is in the spirit of a nuzlocke?
>>
My SS nuzlocke ended at Blue and my OR nuzlocke ended at MegaMetagross.

What do
>>
>>33270958
do a gen 5 nuzlocke
>>
>>33270968
I've already done Red and Black. My choices are to retry either of those or move on to Moon and pray I don't wipe on something else next to the end a third time
>>
>Started Silver nuzlocke
>First capturable Pokemon I encounter is a fucking shiny Rattata

Should I play the lottery at this point? Though this is just my sixth shiny ever, since gen 3 I only captured 6 of them.
Shiny clausing the hell out of this one though, transferring him to the VC version when it's out instead of releasing.
>>
>>33262443
Welp, the team is grinded to 66 each, it's time to take it to this E4. See ya'll on the other side.
>>
File: 20170812_032245.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170812_032245.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
current x team
>>
File: IMG_20170812_032242757.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170812_032242757.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
ITS FUCKING OVER! I FINALLY BEAT Y! There were some tense moments, but in the end I made it through the E4 with no deaths, which is miraculous. Special thanks to Kitsune the Braixen and Weaville the Vivillion, for both hanging on to the last man and giving me two chances to rebuild. Also to Maiko the Garchomp, my clear MVP and the one to deal the final blow to M-Gardevoir with Shadow Claw, Pinkie the Slowbro for being the longest surviving member of the team, Aqua the Kelfki for just being solid, Gurren the Bisharp for providing great coverage, Iceman the Avalugg for being tanky as all hell, and last but not least Mr. Pleaser the Lickilicky, whom was the last capture I made but perhaps what saved my ass with his Power Whip and Thunderbolt defeating Siebold. Was a good run, lads. I'ma take a break from Nuzlockes for a few days to move into a new apartment, and then start a fresh run of Moon.
>>
>>33271628
Congrats!
>>
File: 1466310660650.png (31KB, 212x204px) Image search: [Google]
1466310660650.png
31KB, 212x204px
>Started Nuzlocke in sun
>Catch route one Pikipek
>Head to trainer school
>Catch Magnemite in bushes on the side
>Says it's caught on Route one
Do I still use him or toss him?
>>
>>33273583
use him, normally people count the 3 "areas" (normal route 1/the part near kukui's lab/trainer school) as separate encounters
>>
>>33273651
Sounds fair enough. Thanks my dude.
>>
>>33273583
Considering each bush in sun/moon seems to have different lineups of pokemon shouldn't a nuzlocke run allow multliple pokemon per route?
>>
>>33273583
use magnemite, discard pikipek as its a forced encounter
>>
File: 3. GOLD.png (63KB, 793x975px) Image search: [Google]
3. GOLD.png
63KB, 793x975px
Completed my Gold nuzlocke today, finally. One of the harder nuzlockes. It seems that you're underleveled for half the game, so you really can't afford not to grind before any major battle. My team was perfect though - especially Tento who carried my ass against most of the elite 4. Not to mention Sloppo who turned into a tanky dragon slayer with Ice Punch and Nevermeltice. Onwards to Crystal from here!

My previous runs (Blue and Yellow):
http://imgur.com/a/kWwRt
>>
>>33274256
lost only three dudes? thats pretty good

qt drawing too
>>
>>33274297
I have a tendency to reset when i lose too many pokes at once. This run was number 20+ in a month-long series of retries...
>>
Recently started two separate Nuzlockes on Platinum and White, with a few personal rules added:

Replacement starter -- Picked a Pokemon from routes accessible before the first gym, boxed my starter after catching the first one of my choice to appear.
Set battle style -- only way to Nuzlocke in my opinion.
Teams of three -- Once I have a full team of six Pokemon, I'll divide them into teams of three and only carry three Pokemon at a time. I haven't gotten a full team on either run, so I haven't implemented this rule yet. I'm considering doing pairs instead.
No gift or trade Pokemon
Anyway...

I (predictably) chose Shinx as my first Pokemon on Platinum. Caught a Wurmple and a Psyduck, both of whom took crits while grinding and are now dead.
Got a Machop and Geodude, which means Roark got completely raped.
Picked up a Shellos on route 205.
Currently waiting on honey trees at the windworks and meadow.

I chose to start with Purrloin for White.
Beat Chili with a desperate barrage of Sand Attack and Growl.
Got gypped a Pokemon from Dreamyard due to Purrloin critting everything.
Got Patrat and Roggenrola.
A coin flip decided I would get my next Pokemon from the interior of Pinwheel Forest, so no hope of a fighting type before the second gym.
Currently grinding before I take on Lenora.
>>
File: PlatNuz_0.png (165KB, 541x741px) Image search: [Google]
PlatNuz_0.png
165KB, 541x741px
Goddammit I want to be part of these threads but I want to draw updates instead of using templates but I suck at photoshop and drawing takes fucking ages. Does anyone like my artstyle enough to convince me to do this?
>>
>>33274612
it's cute. go for it.
>>
>rhyhorns in victory road know horn drill

holy shit dodged a fucking bullet there if i lost my vaporeon everything would be over
>>
>>33274612
Please do it. I love when people draw for their nuzlockes.
>>
got a skorupi as my route 14 catch let's hope i dont lose it

Team:
Ontari (Roselia Lv. 39)
Aral (Krokorok Lv. 38)
Oasis (Grumpig Lv. 40)
Suez (Loudred Lv. 34)
Atlantic (Tentacruel Lv. 34)
Slough (Skorupi Lv. 33)
>>
File: Pokemon_Y_6.png (158KB, 972x601px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Y_6.png
158KB, 972x601px
>>33274765
lol forgot image
>>
File: 1500660482681.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500660482681.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
At what point does it become frowned on to comb through Bulbapedia in the middle of a Nuzlocke?

Is it acceptable if I badly need a specific TM to balance my team's movepool and I look up its in-game location? Is it acceptable if I want to check all of a gym leader's pokemon before jumping into a fight with them?
>>
>>33274832
I do that constantly. But only with gym leaders and the elite 4. I do look through the wikis for TMs and items all the time though. Don't see the problem in that.
>>
>>33274832
yeah i don't see a problem with that, especially if said gym leader is tough (Norman, Candice, Grant etc.)
>>
>>33274832
I see no problem with it. I'm trying to avoid it this time because it's challenge mode and I don't want to know the different movesets of gyms, admins etc until after the fact, but again, it sounds fine to me.
>>
>>33274832
I would be dead if I didn't look up where the earthquake TM was before the E4. And I had the Serebii page up with each gym leader's mons and movesets before I went into battle. This is probably why most of my deaths were to random trainers with bullshit coverage. Don't be afraid to use the tools you have available.
>>
>>33274631
>>33274743
Allright, I'll try to have the first part up in 2 hours
>>
>>33274832
I don't personally look up gym leaders since I'm doing blind runs, but I don't see why it would be frowned upon otherwise.
I normally use Bulbapedia to do research on recent catches to see if the nature makes it good, meh, or dumpster baby material. Can't do that for most of my catches now though because it's a fucking Digimon crossover.
>>
File: PlatNuz_1_unf.png (345KB, 1574x683px) Image search: [Google]
PlatNuz_1_unf.png
345KB, 1574x683px
Took a while to get started but now I'm tired and heading to bed. Here's a sneak peek
>>
File: team.jpg (524KB, 1546x1009px) Image search: [Google]
team.jpg
524KB, 1546x1009px
Put my Blazeblack2 nuzlocke on hold for a while, gonna restart it and see how it goes

Looking forward to it, really liking this team

Also it's challenge mode, gym leader teams have been getting crazy for a while so I can actually use Victini without feeling guilty, which is fun since I sincerely doubt I'll ever get a chance to use him ingame
>>
File: Part 13, Two for One Badges.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 13, Two for One Badges.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>Magneton kills Pryce's Seel
>Price sends out Piloswine
>switch in to Gyarados on the predicted Mud Bomb
>Surf doesn't quite kill
>Piloswine used Blizzard
>a critical hit!
>Leviathan has been frozen solid!

every fucking time. Ifrit picked up the slack, thankfully, but god damn do I hate rng sometimes. Still, Pryce and Jasmine are both down, with no tragedies to report. If I recall, my next stop is to finish off Team Rocket.
>>
>>33276470
>using legendaries in a nuzlocke
Anon, I...
>>
>>33276912
>Gyarados learns Aqua Tail
>sweet, let's try it out
>misses the very first time it's used

I'm taking this as a sign. Gonna go do some Voltorb Flip and get a Wide Lens.
>>
>>33274455
>all that tedious shit to make the game "harder" but you still go out and grind
>>
File: 014 PLATINUM__16067.png (13KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
014 PLATINUM__16067.png
13KB, 256x384px
Get fucked for the third time, Cynthia.

phew, expected her to be a nightmare after all the rest of the E4 got pimped but she felt... easier? thank goodness i gave thunderbolt and hypnosis/wide lens to gardevoir though. my gurl hit all the hypnosis she needed to and survived garchump dragon rush
>>
>>33277261
Same thing happened to me, but it was worse. It was with Ice Fang with a Crocanaw
>>
Damned pursuit. It's like, if you have a Psychic type out, and the opponent decides to switch into something with STAB Pursuit, you're just shit out of luck. Sometimes it feels like it was made specifically to fuck with Nuzlockers.

Second death. Fuck you Arianna. Rest in peace, Calcabrina the Girafarig.
>>
File: Part 14, Calcabrina Blasts Off.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 14, Calcabrina Blasts Off.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>33277563
There are more devastating losses than a Girafarig, to be sure, but Calcabrina was so good. She had just learned Psychic too, and I mean JUST. Like, killed Arianna's Arbok, leveled up, learned Psychic. Then Arianna sent out Murkrow, I tried to swtich, and there goes the Pursuit death. I'm quite saddened by this.

In more positive news, my Wide Lens Gyarados, Leviathan, absolutely tore through Archer, and Team Rocket is defeated once and for all. I'm going to make my way to Blackthorn, and hopefully my Ice Path encounter is something awesome that can take Calcabrina's place on the team. Honestly, I'd take either a Swinub or a Jynx with a smile.

Bringing Cid along for now. At least then I can fly places without having to do a party swap.
>>
File: theta emerald.png (67KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
theta emerald.png
67KB, 800x550px
Almost ready to fight Roxanne. I couldve avoided one death (Lillys) but Scrants was due to a critical Swift from the Ladys Eevee. Also yes I know my nicknames suck.
>>
File: old rod.png (41KB, 1027x681px) Image search: [Google]
old rod.png
41KB, 1027x681px
Just found this with an Old Rod. Im happy that this is a glitch if Im able to catch it.
>>
>>33278199
yo senpai catch that shit if u don't i will be very dissapointed
>>
File: adlink.png (54KB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
adlink.png
54KB, 1023x681px
I am definitely not complaining.
>>
>>33278229
I ended up catching it. Kind of sucks that its Impish, but Im fine with it.
>>
File: krabby.png (33KB, 1018x680px) Image search: [Google]
krabby.png
33KB, 1018x680px
The Old Rod continues to be amazing,
>>
File: theta emerald.png (116KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
theta emerald.png
116KB, 800x550px
Current team. If Patrick and Shelly live until Mauvile, thatll be three Pokemon that evolve as soon as I get there. (Theres an NPC who sells evolutionary items.)
>>
Bored and redoing Fire Red Evolution
Gonna let post number decide starter:
1-3 Charmander
4-6 Bulbasaur
6-9 Squirtle
0 First reply chooses
>>
>>33277649
>Ice Path encounter
>fucking Delibird

I just killed it. I don't even want to grace that thing with a nickname.
>>
File: save over.png (21KB, 963x919px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
21KB, 963x919px
>>33278606
Forgot to post a few updates but went through kinda quick
Pidgey route 1
Bagon route 22
Skitty Route 2
Fucked up in the Forest
schooled my rival on 22 as well with Pidgey
just beat Brock, went from level 15 all the way to 18 on Ivysaur through the battle (he has 6 pokes from levels 13-15 in this hack, including an Omanyte and Kabuto)
>>
File: Part 15, Sky Fortress.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 15, Sky Fortress.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>33278691
Adamant. Skarmory.

Hell fucking yes. I don't really like doubling up on the Steel types, but I cannot pass this thing up.
>>
>>33278726
Working on fighting a Nidoran and it just double kicked my skitty to death
>>
File: save over.png (24KB, 963x919px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
24KB, 963x919px
>>33278800
Got a Ghastly in Mt. Moon but since I'm not using any pokemon from my last successful team
(Nidoking, Lapras, Gengar, Alakazam, Mawile, and Rhyperior) so it's getting boxed
>>
File: save over.png (22KB, 963x919px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
22KB, 963x919px
>>33278950
Just cleared out Misty and got to Bills' house
Got a Numel and Bellsprout on routes 24 and 25, but boxed them for the time being
>>
>>33248481
There's a moon stone hidden in the room in starry cave with the big crystal
>>
>>33276952
normally I'd agree with you but I'm making an exception for Victini
firstly because the idea behind a nuzlocke is to use pokemon you normally wouldn't. Haven't used victini in any playthrough of any game.
secondly: the 5th gym went dedicated weather team on me with an auto-weather opener, using a 600 bst 'mon at this point is not going to break anything
>>
>>33279224
i never use exclusives in the main game as well (specially since they started putting 20 exclusives per game and locking most of them behind stupid convoluted things) but i'm not using a full team of legendaries just because of that

you can excuse your chump-ness but you're still a chump, chump
>>
>>33279626
course if all you do is playing FR/LG you can get through it with an underleveled rattata so it really doesn't matter what you use, there's no challenge anywhere
>>
File: 41-RETIRED AFTER PLATINUM.jpg (1MB, 892x1524px) Image search: [Google]
41-RETIRED AFTER PLATINUM.jpg
1MB, 892x1524px
Man i'm so screwed for HGSS, my good (or obtainable) options are all gone
>>
>>33278726
yo fucker, why did you choose the worst starter?
>>
>>33279120
There might be hope after all.

Then again, Galaxagos has a shit type combination for all the next big battles.
>>
File: Pokemon_Y_6a.png (168KB, 972x601px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Y_6a.png
168KB, 972x601px
XY giveth, XY taketh away

Team:
Ontari (Roserade Lv. 44)
Aral (Krookodile Lv. 44)
Oasis (Grumpig Lv. 45)
Suez (Exploud Lv. 41)
Slough (Drapion Lv. 40)
>>
>>33280643
As someone who has played through the game a number of times, don't sleep on the power of the setup moves it gets. It's probably still not your best option, but between curse, amnesia, and its high defenses, it's surprisingly difficult to kill
>>
>already on my way to union cave
>only one eligible encounter all the way
>got critted and couldnt catch anyway

game is proving to be as hellish as i imagined

guess i'm soloing this shit with cindaquil
>>
File: Pokemon_Y_7.png (167KB, 972x601px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Y_7.png
167KB, 972x601px
>game showers me with great 'mons
>kills them off one by one

Team:
Ontari (Roserade Lv. 46)
Suez (Exploud Lv. 43)
Oasis (Grumpig Lv. 48)
Oxbow (Yanma Lv. 27)
Slough (Drapion Lv. 43)
>>
Whats the hardest game to Nuzlocke?
>>
>>33281767
You got this, Buddy.

you have beaten Team Flare, right? I don't see anything on your team that can handle Mega Gyarados
>>
>>33283467
It varies from person to person.

Platinum is often quoted as being the consensus, with some damn tough gym leaders and one of the hardest champions. However, Platinum also features a lot of really good potential captures that can trivialize things, such as Garchomp and Weavile.

X and Y are the most inconsistent. They have several massive difficulty spikes, and your ability to deal with them is entirely based on how lucky you get with encounters. So many shitmons in every Route.

Sun and Moon actually get my vote. Think of X and Y, but with less rng per Route. What makes them so hard, though, is the Elite 4. Alola's league is by far the most difficult in the franchise, this is, of course, assuming you use a level cap and ignore the exp share.

I haven't yet tried Black/White 2 Challenge Mode, but I've heard it's a hell of a ride.
>>
>>33283525
>Alola's league is by far the most difficult in the franchise

hahaha
nope

>five mon trainers
>two of the easiest types to deal as elite 4 members

kukui is tricky when you don't know what he have, true, but easier to deal afterwards

the only difficulty of nuzlocking SM is the shitty pokemon spread
>>
File: lucky.png (36KB, 1021x673px) Image search: [Google]
lucky.png
36KB, 1021x673px
Just lived a critical hit Knock Off while holding an item.
>>
>>33283562
which hack?
>>
>>33283573
Theta Emerald, currently in the second gym.
>>
Sun and Moon need to be added to the difficulty list, i think they should be higher then X&Y both with and with out exp share
>>
>>33283592
>playing with exp share

Why are you even nuzlocking if you're such a fucking massive faggot? Might as well never consider both.
>>
>>33283547
I mean, to emphasize, I'm simply relaying my personal experience. That being said, there isn't another single Pokémon that has given me as much trouble in a Nuzlocke as Acerola's Pallosand.
>>
>>33283608
I don't use exp share bruv, the difficulty list in the pastebin rates X&Y depending on if you got exp share on or not so it should do the same for S&M
>>
Can hidden encounters count as the "first encounter per route"? Or is it required for you to play the tall grass RNG for your captures?
>>
>>33283525
>I haven't yet tried Black/White 2 Challenge Mode, but I've heard it's a hell of a ride.
oh yeh it most certainly is
levels are significantly inflated and in combination with the gen 5 xp system this means grinding is a bitch so you won't ever outlevel anything
improved teams and AI means even early gyms and some random trainers (watch out for aces and veterans) can be dangerous
and course, there's a good chance all your early captures will be shitmon thanks to the gen 5 rodent and bird being absolutely useless and being limited to 3 captures for the first gym and 4 for the second

and one of them is either patrat or purrloin, and with a bit of bad luck you're going into gym 2 with your starter, patrat, purrloin, thick fat azurill and a sunkern that won't evolve until gym 4
>>
File: save over.png (23KB, 963x919px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
23KB, 963x919px
>>33280342
Ended up rolling it on my post number at the beginning
Just lost it to a Murkrow that used Incinerate
>>
File: lucky2.png (39KB, 1017x671px) Image search: [Google]
lucky2.png
39KB, 1017x671px
>>33283562
It happened again!
>>
File: +9 Defense.jpg (156KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
+9 Defense.jpg
156KB, 1136x852px
>training a Golem that has Pokérus on wild Graveler

I feel like I've made a mistake
>>
>>33284573
Defense is fine in a Nuzlocke, prevents you from getting blown the fuck out as much. You weren't actually going to leave it out against special attackers, were you?
>>
>>33283938
Pick Tepig, got it.
>>
>>33284592
I just wonder if this may be a bit excessive. I have other things for Special attackers. I guess it does make her great for dealing with Explosions.
>>
File: theta emerald.png (125KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
theta emerald.png
125KB, 800x550px
Just go to Mauville City and evolved Gina. Currently going to fight all the trainers and do a tad bit of grinding.
>>
>>33283471
Roserade and Exploud (knows Powerup punch) should do nicely, although i'm still in flare labs (also picked Pawniard up from the box)
>>
File: post-wattson.png (41KB, 1007x661px) Image search: [Google]
post-wattson.png
41KB, 1007x661px
Team right after beating Wattson. Biggest worry was his Rotom, but thankfully Gina was able to two shot it with Shadow Sneak.
>>
File: Part 16, So Much Grind to Do.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 16, So Much Grind to Do.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Grind, grind, grind. Fuck do I hate Johto. I'm having second thoughts about going all the way to Red.

I have decided to go with my Xatu over my adamant Skarmory, just because he balances out the team better. I know he won't get Psychic until well into Kanto, but hopefully between Shadow Ball, Future Sight, and Fly, he can still do some good work. Besides, I like having something that I really want to use in the box, just as backup.
>>
jjlt finally loses it bois, we are finally free

https://my.mixtape.moe/mnzbkc.mp3
>>
>go into Xerosic hoping to not lose any mons
>Grumpig somehow doesn't kill with Psyshock and dies to Crobat's x scissor

how fucked am i
>>
File: theta emerald.png (129KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
theta emerald.png
129KB, 800x550px
First Pokemon that has a 3 stage evolution line is fully evolved.
>>
>>33285903
I'm gonna say "moderately."
>>
>>33284603
and do not underestimate gyms
the first gym quite notably can and will destroy you if you rely on healing items to power through

it's pidove is hardcoded to work up and then do nothing but spam quick attack once it's high enough up. Let this happen and that's it, restart the game because all gym pokemon have 31 IV and positive nature
>>
>>33284603

Then pray you get a good Water or Grass type, or Timburr. If you don't, Clay can easily be capable of giving you a complete wipe, even on Normal mode. That said, Tepig works best for the first three gyms. Oshawott is more reliable later on overall, and Snivy isn't great period.
>>
>>33280923
Well, just for my luck my game didn't save properly for some reason and my last session was lost, I'm all the way back to Rustling Forest and beyond sad.
I'm going to retry my Mono-ground Emerald Nuzlocke and after I win/wipe-out I might finish the Sage run, but right now I'm just sad.
>>
File: dum idea reloaded.jpg (371KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
dum idea reloaded.jpg
371KB, 1552x1015px
Guess I'm doing this again. Between only having 9 catchable pokemon lines (since I can only get either Phanpy or Rhydon because they share the same zone), not being able to evolve Nincada, Mudkip only fitting the rules after evolving and having both the Final Gym leader and Champion as water specialists, this might be the dumbest run I could've came up with, and I'm doing it a second time because I'm dumber than it.

Last time I whited out to Juan's Kingdra, so I think I actually did pretty well. Let's see how far I'll be able to get since this time I added level cap as one of the restrictions.
>>
>>33288227
How do you implement level cap? Do you just box anything that goes over?
>>
>>33288286
If I think any mon is getting too close to going over the cap, I avoid as many battles as possible until I catch another. For example, Mudkip got to level 11 before I had even hit Rustboro, so I dribbled my way up to the route I got Nincada in and from there used it as my front mon for the battles I skipped. By the time I had battled all trainers available Mudkip was already level 14 and Nincada was 12, so I grinded a little with the latter in order for it to be able to take her 2 geodudes on its own.

By the way, I just beat Roxanne, only needed Mudkip because Nincada ran out of PP on both attacks.
>>
Been playing Pokemon since Yellow and I'm currently attempting my first ever Nuzlocke. Using Alpha Sapphire and my first encounter on 102 was a Ralts. Hoping this is a good sign.
>>
>>33288458

A run is always more interesting when you get a rare mon in the early game. Good luck!
>>
File: hardass motherfuckers.jpg (417KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
hardass motherfuckers.jpg
417KB, 1552x1015px
>>33288227
Shallot got too big to cling to my backpack, so long cool picture.
About to challenge Brawly, here's hoping I don't get hit by random karate chop crits and that Geodude doesn't need to enter the battle.
>>
File: Brawly got turnt up.jpg (248KB, 1228x815px) Image search: [Google]
Brawly got turnt up.jpg
248KB, 1228x815px
>>33288812
I should just call this a Mono Nincada run, it actually managed to sweep Brawly's team. Too bad Flannery will fuck it up if it even thinks about battling anything she has.
>>
what's a good place to grind for the lysandre battle
>>
>>33289517
I fish up Poliwhirl and Basculin in Lavierre. Make sure you grab that Lucky Egg, too, if you haven't.
>>
File: so many dupes.jpg (539KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
so many dupes.jpg
539KB, 1552x1015px
>>33288854
>tfw killed my would-be third numel

God dammit. At least Barboach is coming soon.
>>
>>33289941
used randomizer to allow trade evos? if yes, would be worth to have a golem and a graveler, for reasons
>>
My y wedlocke took a turn at fucking Tierno of all things. My team was looking fine until he pulled out a fucking swords dance corphish at level 12. The bastard was paralyzed for 4 turns and moved every time.

lvl 12 Bunnelby and lvl 10 Minum
lvl 13 Vivillion and lvl 14 Froakie
lvl 13 Litleo and lvl 13 Ledyba

Bitch nigga tierno killed my pikachu in cold blood. First death of the game, rip.
>>
>>33289894
Wait where's the Lucky Egg again, i think i missed it
>>
>finally captured a dunsparce in dark cave

the prettiest pokemon of them all
this is now a lifelocke if dunsparce dies i kill myself as well

i'm protecting you with my life my little beauty
>>
>>33289941
that does make me wonder
what's everyone's stance on shedinja?

don't use it, choose between it or ninjask or treat it as the first pokemon of that route/city if it was encountered in one?
>>
>>33289944
>used randomizer to allow trade evos?

Yes, and if by reasons you mean having both stages on the same party for the cool factor, then I agree.
Also nice dubs.
>>
>>33290096
use both you cuck
>>
>>33290162
guess that's fair, it's not like shedinja is a pokemon that can be expected to survive until the end of a nuzlocke anyways
>>
Anyone want to SoulLink with me? I think it would be fun
>>
I can nuzlocke Diamond, Pearl, Black, Black 2, X, Alpha Sapphire or Sun

Which one should I do?
>>
>>33290490
pearl
>>
>>33290528
Okay. Next post picks starter
>>
>>33290624
chimchar
>>
>>33290666
Nickname next
>>
>>33290727
Name him Zoop
>>
Can someone help me remember a guy that does nuzlockes on youtube? Someone on here recommended him, he started with black 2 I think and he draws his team on the side bar
>>
>>33290006
Hotel in Coumarine City
>>
>>33290884
pewdiepie
>>
I've been thinking of doing a mono-type run.

Water - Alpha Sapphire
Dark - Sun.

Thoughts? Have you guys ever done a mono-type run?
>>
>>33290884
Marriland does the best nuzlocke playthroughs
>>
>>33291982
there's a dude doing one right in this thread
>>
>>33292033
can confirm. I've been rewatching some of his while grinding for mine. I always prefer watching on-cart Lockes with more rules, versus messy fan hacks.
>>
>>33292082
Ye, didn't bother to check.

But I'm probably going to go for AS-Water first.
>>
>>33292033
he looks pretty ugly and have an annoying voice/facecam. is it really worth watching his LPs? does he abuse items or use legendaries or crappy shit like that?
>>
File: orashacks.png (353KB, 1275x342px) Image search: [Google]
orashacks.png
353KB, 1275x342px
Not a Nuzlocke, but has anyone tried this romhack of ORAS?

I just started a monotype (normal) on it, and it seems like it'll be super fun.

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/35421-pok%C3%A9mon-rutile-ruby-and-star-sapphire-v22-new-luma3ds-70-drag-and-drop-supported/
>>
>>33292118
he only facecams on Twitch. The recent one where he has a facecam is an archive.

He never uses Legendaries, all but his first two Nuzlockes restrict Items in some way, and even in the ones where he does allow free reign of items he actively keeps himself from PP Stalling. His only real upset with dumb rules is his allowing Refresh in his Moon Nuzlocke, but it didn't end up helping him out all that much, and he admitted later that it was a bad idea.

He has a great understanding of the game's mechanics, and comes up with some crazy shit. In X, he almost completely swept the final rival battle with an Eviolite Shelmet, for example. I recommend starting with his Platinum Nuzlocke if you're curious.

Also worth noting, he is the person credited with the invention of the Wedlocke.
>>
>>33292168
alright then, guess i'll give the platinum one a go, got nothing else better to do

if its shit i'm coming back to kick your butt, namefag
>>
>>33292206
I can confirm it's good
>>
>team is really weak against flying pokes
>r38 encounter
>magnemite
>aw yess i also need a bulky steel type this is perfect
>one bullet seed should be enough to drop to yellow
>five hit bullet seed five crits
>just enough to kill it

god fucking dammit paras
you're not the one getting out of the team for it
>>
>>33292033
No im referring to a guy who does extra brutal rules. Like he releases his mons if they mess up and things like that. I think he also does a webcomic
>>
>>33292168
Swept with an Evioite Shelmet? How?
>>
Give me a naming scheme /vp/
>>
>>33292847
Round things
>>
>>33292847
pokemon names
>>
>>33292947
Starter mon
I was happy knowing it wasn't chikorita
I closed my eyes and mash left a few times
>>
I just got an eevee from Cynthia
>>
>>33293118
would the eevee count as the encounter for the route? It was received as a gift.
>>
>>33292847
bodies of water
>>
>>33292847
Latin taxonomy
>>
>>33293153
Up to you, but I think most people would.
>>
>>33293249
yeah i'm counting it as one.
>>33293243
I wish but no room. I'm going with >>33292947

Also, Is this a good name?
>>
File: Pokemon_Y_7a.png (168KB, 972x601px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Y_7a.png
168KB, 972x601px
LYSANDRE TIME BOYS

Team:
Ontari (Rosserade Lv. 52)
Suez (Exploud Lv. 51)
Strait (Dugtrio Lv. 48)
Oxbow (Yanmega Lv. 48)
Slough (Drapion Lv. 50)
Davao (Pawniard Lv. 49)
>>
File: 1419264924365.jpg (226KB, 1095x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1419264924365.jpg
226KB, 1095x1195px
Just lost my Quilava to a crit fire punch.

Enough pokemon for today
>>
Playing vanilla leafgreen, here's my team. I'm in the process of getting to Cinnabar island. Could use some advice. Deathbell is shit, so I'm wondering if I should replace it with magnemite or tangela, or just keep it. I'll post my box.
>>
>>33293632
pic related is my box.
>>
Exploud died but rest of team is alright

>>33293632
keep it, Magneton and Tangela are both shit in FRLG
>>
First death
Blueberry
lv 3 - lv 4
>>
>>33293632
>>33293649
Why not go with Snorlax instead? You can teach Gengar thunderbolt to deal with water types.

Also, how did you get Gengar in the first place? Trading with a different cartridge is certainly not Nuzlocke-kosher.
>>
oh shit
which one?
>>
>>33294021
It's a rom and In patched it so I could evolve trade evos.
>>
>>33294138
Bulbasaur
>>
I have evolved Grapefruit into an espeon
>>
Falkner? more like FUCKEDner!
>>
I'm thinking of starting a Nuzlocke here. Probably not in this thread, though. But I'm so embarrassed about posting my teams here, because I give my Pokemon the cringiest nicknames ever.
>>
Press F bois. it out sped a swablu, swept all but one of falkner's pokemon, died to a chattot using uproar (It was at 2hp and I though it would out speed it)

>>33294598
/vp/ is a sea of cringe so don't worry.
>>
>>33294637
>catches a magnemite
>doesn't think that maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe using a potion is a good idea
>>
>>33294791
I couldn't get any though, wasted them during grinding.
Then again that can be another fuck up on myself too.
>>
First encounter of Ilex forest.
Pretty gay desu. At least it's not Pineco
>>
>>33295032
Alright the attack on it is pretty great.
>>
Bump limits been reached.
>>
>>33295412
>>33295412
New thread
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.