[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Sinnoh and DPPt in general get so much hate? >Has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_6887.png (185KB, 1024x1019px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6887.png
185KB, 1024x1019px
Why does Sinnoh and DPPt in general get so much hate?

>Has a great soundtrack
>Has cool legendaries
>Has good starters
>Has the best champion imo
>Maybe not the best villains, but the Distortion World looked awesome
> Had a good post game with the Battle Frontier and the new towns
>Had internet options
>New battle mechanics
>>
>>33240822
>cool legendaries
Sorry but Palkia is probably the worst box legend ever.
>>
Sinnoh has my least favourite soundtrack, legendaries, starters and main games. I want to enjoy them and even tried to recently, but the general feel of everything in it feels so incredibly dull and offputting.
>>
>>33240822
because /vp/ hates pokemon
don't take it too personally
>>
>>33240872
I mean the in the Pokemon community in general. A lot of people I've met detest it
>>
>>33240914

For me there's two things. Firstly the slow speed makes the games really awkward to play, especially the first two. Secondly, it's often dull. Pretty much none of the characters are memorable except Cyrus who loads of people like for some reason, the Pokemon variety is shit until Platinum, a lot of the more interesting new Pokemon are hidden away in bullshit mechanics, and overall there's just a lot of dullness with the many caves of Geodude and Zubat. It's like Gen 4 was where they stuck to tradition for tradition's sake.

Which is why I love Gen 5, I guess.
>>
>>33240822
Because the games themselves are terribly built and terribly balanced to play. Also almost all of your points were purely opinion, which doesn't make a strong argument. Not to mention the fluff of your last two points. If you were to make an objective list, it might look more like:
>Has a strong post game
>The third version fixed some of the first two games' issues
Otherwise, it's 1.) to be expected (new features) or 2.) subjective opinion (liking starters or legends)
I personally feel that Sinnoh are the weakest games in the series because the dex was terribly distributed and had a giant imbalance of certain types (For example, only Chimchar and Ponyta for fire types in DP,) the games were exceptionally slow (both in mechanics in battle making it frustrating, progression with slogging through Mt. Coronet multiple times, and not to mention the absolute retardation that was the amount of necessary HM's that plague the region,) and the lack of originality of "just RSE's plot but with more spectacle creep." When you take all that and then more subjective stuff like how I dislike almost all of the legendaries and mythicals and not much of a fan of most of the mons and starters, then you can see why at least I and people of my opinion think it's a very, very weak entry into the franchise.
>>
File: file.png (79KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
79KB, 250x250px
>>33240822
>cool legendaries
enjoy your dick senpai
>>
>>33240822
>get so much hate?
You mean outside of /vp/? Because here they get overrated. Don't get me wrong, Pt and Sinnoh are great, but people still value them like a 9/10 around here.

>Has a great soundtrack
Subjective, but I share your taste so I agree.
>Has cool legendaries
Giratina, Shymin and others are top legendaries, but the two box legendaries (which are pretty important, since they present the generation) are some of the worst we've had in the franchise.
>Has good starters
Most of people on /vp/ agree with you. Torterra even won the biggest /vp/ poll as the favorite fully evolved starter (only Totodile surpassed it in popularity).
>Distortion World looked awesome
Most of /vp/ loved the idea, they just wish it had been longer.
>Had a good post game with the Battle Frontier and the new towns
The Battle Frontier was a copy, but people liked the idea of a new zone with its own routes as a postgame.
>New battle mechanics
Everybody always talks about the special split like one of the most important additions of gen4.

Overall, where the hell are you getting that Sinnoh gets so much hate?
There are always discerning opinions of course, but a great chunk of /vp/ loves Platinum.
>>
I'll never forgive D/P for walling off most of those "cool" cross gen-evos (some of which ruin lines) until postgame. It's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>33240980
nice meme
>>
>>33240822
I've never really seen Gen IV gen much hate. Any more than other gens anyway. I mostly just see Gen IV hate from the sort of people who dislike the entire Gen III through V period in general, and maybe some from Hoennbabies.
>>
>>33240822
>not the best villains
Name a better team
>>
>>33241055
Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Plasma, Team Flare, Team Skull, Team Lillie.
>>
File: DP_Music_Super_Collection_back.png (390KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DP_Music_Super_Collection_back.png
390KB, 600x600px
>>33240838
absolute shit taste desu
>>
File: worm-bait.jpg (820KB, 1015x1067px) Image search: [Google]
worm-bait.jpg
820KB, 1015x1067px
>>33241069
>Team Lillie
>>
File: 1478654381241.png (797KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1478654381241.png
797KB, 1366x768px
>>33241069
>Team Flare better than anything
>>
>>33240980
Underage spotted!
>>
>>33240838
I will agree that Palkia is pretty trash, but I feel like both Groudon and Kyogre are goofy and more horrible looking.
>>
>>33240859
shit taste anon. That honestly sucks for you
>>
>>33241228
>Disliking Groudon.
What's it like being autistic?
>>
It's just D/P that gets the hate, Platinum did a good job of fixing all/most of its problems.
>>
>>33240822
>has the worst gameplay
>has the worst region
>postgame was a strict downgrade to Emerald's
>a massive glut of shitty uninspired legendary Pokemon
>still using sprites on a platform that supported 3d models because game freak was too lazy to put in any effort

Gen 4 is objectively the worst generation. If you like it, that's fine, you probably grew up with it and nostalgia is a powerful thing. Just understand why everyone who didn't hates it.
>only addition to the gameplay formula is the badly-implemented Physical/Special split
>>
>>33241115
Much better than Galactic, Plasma or Neo Rocket, yeah.
>>
>>33241282
>still using sprites on a platform that supported 3d models because game freak was too lazy to put in any effort
I'll take sprites over PS1-tier models any day of the week.
>>
>>33241245
Groudon is definitely better than Kyogre.
Palkia is shitty yes. But Dialga and Giratina are good. The starters are better than HGSS, seriously Bayleaf just makes me want to throw that game in the bin. Maybe even better than Hoenn, I liked Blaziken but the others looked like mutated cabbage.
Maybe I have biased favouritism towards Sinnoh since it was my first game and Pokemon game.
>>
>>33240859
you're a total utter faggot then.
>>
File: 1499417147879.png (616KB, 810x692px) Image search: [Google]
1499417147879.png
616KB, 810x692px
>>33241282
>>
>>33240822

I'll bite. I don't hate DPPt, but I would definitely put it towards the bottom if I was ranking the Pokemon games (though definitely not the very bottom)

-Distortion World was one of the better zones of the game, but other than that I didn't really like the region. An emphasis on caves isn't exactly ideal when they're my least favourite environment in Pokemon games, and a lot of the region was very forgettable.

-I think it has the highest miss rate in terms of new pokemon designs I liked from all the regions

-I disagree, for the most part the legends were bad

-DP were almost unbearably slow with how long actions took. Pt fixed that a lot though

-The story was... okay.

-The physical/special split was awesome, but the thing about improved battle mechanics is that the later games in the series have those same improvements from the prior games and more

As an aside, it gets a lot of hate in general because gen IV was the gen where, from what I can tell, a lot of the younger fans who'd been playing since gen I just started to burn out on the games. This wasn't helped by the fact that Sinnoh tended to be somewhat stingy with new Pokemon showing up with comparison to some other gens, so it felt like just a lot of the same and people got tired of it.
>>
Shit dex with too many, legendaries, shitmons and crossgen evos, most of which you couldn't get until post-game. Plus most Pokemon designs were just plain bad.
>>
File: ERECT.png (76KB, 258x253px) Image search: [Google]
ERECT.png
76KB, 258x253px
i love palkia
>>
>>33240822
Diamond and Pearl were really bad, and the engine was shit
>>
>>33241440
DELET THIS
>>
File: -4328956a85.gif (2MB, 312x260px) Image search: [Google]
-4328956a85.gif
2MB, 312x260px
>>33240980
>people STILL rag on palkia even when there's a box legend with an actual penis

wew
>>
>>33241527
One thing being shit doesn't make the other thing not shit.
>>
>>33241527
Reshiram is CUTE and so is Palkia
>>
File: 44475.jpg (29KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
44475.jpg
29KB, 480x320px
>>33241228
>Groudon and Kyogre are goofy and more horrible looking
Nah, the weather trio is one of the most coherent looking box legendaries we have. They look different enough between themselves, but still look related, and the color theory is fantastically used between them.
They kept the designs simple, but still managed to make them look like ancient beasts and each one of them actual look like they do thrive in the elements they're supposed to represent (Kyogre looks like a sea creature, Groudon looks like something that could live inside volcanos, etc).
>>33241328
>But Dialga and Giratina are good
Giratina is one of the best legendaries. But Dialga is as retarded as Palkia.
In contrast with how the weather trio keep simple but efficient designs that represented clear environments, we're given two space dinosaurs with random armor pasted over their bodies and weird head shapes just because.
At least Giratina-O do look like something that could "swim" in the Distortion World, and his normal form is a great explanation on how getting out of that plane affects him.
>>
>>33241569

fantastic post
>>
File: 1498311372033.png (563KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1498311372033.png
563KB, 960x1280px
>>33240822
They are great games and also is the comfiest region
>>
>>33240950
I'm not saying that your reasons aren't valid, but
>slow speed
Beyond surfing, I never noticed this. Maybe I was just a dumb kid, but even now, replaying pearl isn't frustrating for me.
>none of the characters are memorable
This is no different from any other gen. Generally the only memorable characters are the rivals. But the gym leaders from RGBY are just as literally-who as those from GSC, RSE and all the rest.
>Pokemon variety is shit until Platinum
absolutely. My biggest disappointment.
>>
>>33241853
It's not just movement. It's how slow battles go, how slow energy bars go, how slow the text in battles goes and how you can't really speed it up much, and how slow the pacing of the game is.
>>
>>33240822
The best way to sum it up is "hit or miss." Pokemon wants you to remember Gen 4 for those like Lucario, Gallade, Weavile, and Garchomp not Burmy, Combee, Lickilicky, and Bonsly. Every generation has hits and misses, but people feel Gen 4 is especially polarizing overall.

-The most blatant flaw is slow game speeds. It's like if there wasn't a "fast" text option.
-Great soundtrack's subjective. IMO, it's pretty forgettable at times. Again, hit or miss. Sinnoh's Piano certainly isn't as iconic as Hoenn's French Horns.
-They went overboard with the legendaries and Arceus alone is enough to bring down the rest with how poor of a "god" it is. This is without getting into things like Phione. The Box trio are alright, but not spectacular. When people complain that legendaries are too common to be legends anymore, it's pretty clear where they get the idea from.
-Cynthia's great, but she's only as loved as much as she is for ditching being a type-focused champion, many cameos, and Alder compounding the "like a gen 1 gen later" effect. Her involvement isn't anything special and spouting some lore+having a grandma doesn't put your character very far ahead.
-The villains' scale got too big and their plot was too generic RPG fare as a result. They give you the master ball and contradict themselves by having friendship pokemon on their team or speaking with exclamation points after denouncing emotion and spirit. The distortion world is also just a strength puzzle with some very pretty "look what the DS can do!" paint.
-Postgame was okay, but Looker was not good enough to milk as much as they do. Battle Frontier was good, though.
-Internet options are more to the DS' credit than pokemon's. It's like faulting an NES game for not having X and Y buttons like the SNES.
-New Battle Mechanics are the easily best part of gen 4. The physical special split was key and it introduced a lot of moves for helping types like Flash cannon helping Special Steel types fight.
>>
>>33240822
S L O W
It was just Hoenn with the P/S split.
>>
>>33240838
I like Palkia but tbqh I can't disagree.
>>
>>33240822
Boring region and characters. Basically a worse Hoenn.
>>
>>33240822
because of the little turd you posted in your pic, OP
>>
>>33240822
>New battle mechanics
>Stealth Rock & Draco Meteor: The Meta
Gen 4 fucking killed competitive
>>
>>33242027
I really must have just not noticed. I'm generally a patient person, so I can see where something that would have frustrated most people went right over my head.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.