[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't like the names Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

I don't like the names Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. I think just slapping an adjective on the front of Sun and Moon is silly. Yes, I understand that it relates to the Ultra Beats and Ultra Space, but to go further back I though those names were dumb in the first place.

They could have VERY easily called the games Pokemon Solar Eclipse and Pokemon Lunar Eclipse and the names would still fit (Necrozma is literally "eclipsing" Solgaleo and Lunala on the boxart)

What would you have named them vp bros?
>>
>>33238445
pokemon black 2 and white 2
>>
>>33238445
>Pokemon Solar Eclipse and Pokemon Lunar Eclipse
Pretty much perfect.
>>
>>33238500
Those are sequels, so adding a 2 actually makes sense.
>>
Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse is tacky as fuck. Slapping on Ultra is dumb but it's better than that shit.
>>
I don't like the names Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse. I think just slapping an adjective on the front of Eclipse is silly. Yes, I understand that it relates to the Solgaleo and Lunala forms, but to go further back I though those names were dumb in the first place.

They could have VERY easily called the games Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon and the names would still fit (Necrozma is literally from "ultra" space)

What would you have named them vp bros?
>>
File: [muffled rap music].png (217KB, 529x681px) Image search: [Google]
[muffled rap music].png
217KB, 529x681px
>>33238445
>Ultra Beats
>>
>>33238504
/thread
>>
Plus Ultra
Ultra beasts
Is not a bad name desu.
>>
>>33239290
>Yes, I understand that it relates to the Solgaleo and Lunala forms, but to go further back I though those names were dumb in the first place.

Solgaleo and Lunalas forms are Fullmoon and Radient sun you fucking fool, congratulations on failing to copypasta correctly you cuck.
>>
>>33239338
how do you know that the box legends of UlSuMo AREN'T solgaleo and necrozma? oh wait.... you don't :^)
>>
>>33239443
What the fuck are you on about you rambling moron?

My point was that literally calling them "Ultra" because of "Ultra Beasts" was dumb.

"Solar Eclipse" isn't the exact same word as "Radiant Sun" and the same for "Lunar Eclipse" to "Fullmoon"

Do you understand what I'm saying now you autist?
>>
>>33238445
I like it better than wasting potential pairs in the future (Heart and Soul, Alpha and Omega)

I'm just upset that this invalidates that we'll ever get Infrared or Ultraviolet. I mean, it's possible, but it seems like gf has ignored it intentionally and I can't see it any time soon at the very least.

I am happy that it means that my prediction of "UltraDiamond and InfraPearl" won't come about, though. They wouldn't want to confuse people with Ultra Sun, Moon, and Diamond, or w/e. I hope.
>>
>>33238445
Heart Gold and Soul Silver
>>
>>33239611
For fuck's sake, you're all such pedantic faggots. I never claimed an adjective in front of another word is always bad (This is the first time I've disliked a Pokemon game name)

My main issue is that "Ultra" sounds like something a kid would put in front of something (Sort of like Mega Evolution now that I think about it)
>>
File: 798.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
798.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>33239556
Well, SOMEONE hasn't masturbated in a couple weeks.
>>
>>33238445
They are probably saving solar and lunar eclipse for gen 14
>>
>>33239631
> "Ultra" sounds like something a kid would put in front of something
Strange. It's like these games were made for kids or something.
>>
>>33239714
HGSS, ORAS are fine names though, so fuck off.
>>
>>33239556
are you ok? I just wanted to make a funny copypasta off your post I didnt mean to hurt your feelings....
>>
File: okay.jpg-large.jpg (75KB, 870x636px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg-large.jpg
75KB, 870x636px
>>33239781
I accept your apology... That joke kinda hurt my feelings... I think I can move on now... Thanks man... let's go back to playin pokemon...
>>
>>33239771
>I must like everything even if I have no valid criticisms.
So because you like "Heart/Soul" and "Omega/Alpha"it's somehow invalid for a childs franchise, that makes games for children, to have a name that children may find cool.
>>
>>33239840
Okay then, you tell me why Heart/Soul/Omega/Alpha are worse or as bad as Ultra.
>>
>>33239853
What? That's not within a million miles of what I said
>>
>>33239888
So do you disagree or agree that Ultra is a bad adjective for these games?
>>
>>33239771
I never said they weren't??????????????????
>>
>>33239899
I disagree, but that's not relevant, what's relevant is my post.
In what way does you liking HGSS and ORAS mean that >>33239714 is invalid.
>>
>>33239987
My point was that heart/soul etc don't inherently sound kiddy while ultra does, so using "because they're made for kids lol" is a retarded excuse when they've made non kiddy names before.

What about that don't you understand?!
>>
>>33240023
>Inherently sound kiddy
Yea that's not a thing. That's called an opinion. The anon was just pointing out that even if it's your opinion it's a stupid complaint.
Also
>?!
I think you need to go back the youtube comments,
>>
>>33240072
Well its my opinion that you should do your friends and family a favour and publicly execute yourself.
>>
>>33240097
That's okay, going by this thread all your opinions are trash
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.