[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if it's not supposed to be a "middle" form

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: pokenchi08173.jpg (28KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
pokenchi08173.jpg
28KB, 600x338px
What if it's not supposed to be a "middle" form but just a more feral dayroc?
>>
>>33230292
It is like an improved version of both midnight and midday.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>33230292

It's a middle form, just like how dusk is in-between day and night
>>
File: kQA4UoB[1].png (236KB, 516x363px) Image search: [Google]
kQA4UoB[1].png
236KB, 516x363px
Also its eyes sometimes flash red like Midnight's
>>
>>33230299
It's a midday recolor with a different hairdo
>>
>>33230300
Dusk is still considered daytime though, especially in the games where it still uses the daytime encounter tables.
>>
>>33230292
>Named and designed after Werewolves
>Somehow the form designed for when it evolves just before the werewolf/night version comes out being half way between the normal and feral forms is garbage design
>>
>>33230318
>Night Lycanroc is just a recolour with a different hairdo and stance
>>
>>33230292
They started animating Ash having midday lyranroc before they decided to give him a new special form.
>>
>>33230505

They had been hinting at this form ever since Rockruff was captured though, it was never going to be Midday
>>
>>33230502

If Dusk had a different stance than Midday and a different expression people would not be complaining.
>>
>>33230502
night form was exploded out the bottom of the pupper
day form was a natural evolution
>>
>>33230539
This. I think even merely copying and pasting Midnight's expression onto it would have cut out a lot of the complaining.
>>
>>33230502
And it still looked better than Dusk. Your point?
>>
>>33230539
Unless it was closer to Night-Lycanroc than midday, because then they'd be making the exact same complaints as now.
Or if it was bang on inbetween because it's /vp/ but you know

>>33230557
>Posting wrong opinions as facts
>>
>>33230292
nice headcanon
>>
File: Lycanbros.png (773KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Lycanbros.png
773KB, 1600x900px
Hopefully it'll be more expressive like those Lycanroc from the episode it was caught in
>>
>>33230561

Even just keeping it on all fours with Torracat's pose probably would have worked. Or a paw put forward like one of Midday's official artworks. Just... anything.
The design is... whatever. Some people like it and some don't. It looks better in the anime. But a lot of the complaining is leaving the model so unchanged when changing a model is painless.
>>
>>33230502
and much different proportions and personality. Orange midday is just an orange midday and even uses the same model as a base with the only change being the hair. We still need to see more of its animations though.
>>
I wish it had been a mix of quadraped and biped

Like it walked on all 4s but then stood up to attack.

Maybe more werewolf like during attacks?

Like the fur is smooth and down when calm, but then puffs up to look like midnight form during attacks.

It'd be cool if it combined the wolf/werewolf theme. Wolf when calm and werewolf when attacking
>>
>>33230299
It's just mid-day with the worst parts of midnight and an uglier color scheme. No thanks.
>>
>>33230606
For now just the idle animation seems different, another one used for certain attacks is the same safe for le glowing eyes. Pokemon Refresh has potential for minor differences but I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
>>33230502
why do you people keep trying to make this argument? midnight and midday are a million miles apart compared to midday and dusk. and you know it.
>>
>>33230744
You seem to miss the point. If we're boiling them down to the changes, none of them are overly different (Unless compared to each other, as you say) and if we're only comparing them to each other then it's perfectly fucking valid as a Midday Lycanroc MID-transform into a Night-Lycanroc. It's halfway in colour, attititude, model and more. People keep confusing "I think it could have been better" or "I don't like it" with "It's just halfway and that's bad reee!"
>>
That's exactly what it is and why the English localization calls it Dusk. It's day turning to night.
>>
File: IMG_1987.png (512KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1987.png
512KB, 750x1334px
It's Midday slowly turning into Midnight. It's the middleground.

Whitish Tan fur >Orange fur(The Two mixed)>Red fur

Blue eyes>Green eyes (the two mixed)>Red eyes

Middays body and Sun Mane + Midnights hair

Yes the fact that they copy and pasted the sprite fucking sucks, but the desing has some actual thouhht behind it. It's a more feral Midday and a less feral Midnight, the next step is it turning into the werewolf form of midnight. The anime version looks 10x better because the game doesnt represent it the right way.
>>
>>33231040
>red and blue makes green

really makes you think
>>
>>33231055
I didnt mean colors I meant its eyes flash red before hand on its animations, and they probably flash blue as well. The eye colors are probably cyclical. I worded it weird lol
>>
I picture it like Dusk is about to stand up and become Midnight.

It's mane/hair are literally shaped like a moon and a sun overlapping, it's supposed to be the inbetween form
>>
>>33230292
WHAT ARE ITS STATS???

probably
unsalvageable
garbage
just like
the other two
forms
>>
>>33230376
Exactly this.

Which is why it more strongly resembles midday form.
>>
>>33231140
Assuming this is actually Ash-Lycanroc but with a different name and not being Battle Bond, I can expect them to go for a glass cannon min-max and look like this.
>75/135/55/45/55/122
>>
>>33230292
he's sexier than lucario, arcanine, mightyena and even my own german sheppard, gf might have a problem with the low lucario popularity now
>>
It has too many midday features and not enough original features that could be considered a cross between midday and midnight.

Its tail and ears are exactly identical to midday while midnight has floppy ears and a very short puff for a tail. I don't see why they couldn't have made dusk's ears a little more floppy and shortened its tail so that it feels like more of a mid-phase between the two.

There better be an equally shitty dawn lycanroc that's a recolor of midnight, maybe with softer purple/blue colors, otherwise they really fucking blew it for dawnroc.
>>
File: 240[1].png (52KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
240[1].png
52KB, 240x240px
>>33230292

Dusk Lycanroc's design feels more like what Midday's should have been to begin with than a true middle ground.
>>
>>33230557
Night roc is the biggest piece of Deviantart furry trash we have ever seen in a game.
>>
>>33230982
Are you fucking blind, faggot? Dusk is not an in-between from, it's just midday with midnight's hair on its back. Also, Midday and Midnight are completely different. If you can't see that, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>33232687
nice hyperbole
>>
>>33232630
The last part. I hope so. It's the only way they can save this bullshit for me. It will still be lazy design, but at least it will be balanced.
>>
>>33233914
This, it would of been atleast cool to see dusk hunched over as if it were trying to combine the movements from day into night.
>>
>>33230502
It literally isn't. Its proportions are way different and some features too like its tail and side spikes.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.