[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 2 is objectively the worst gen when it comes to introducing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: Hoppip, Skiploom and Jumpluff.png (76KB, 318x314px) Image search: [Google]
Hoppip, Skiploom and Jumpluff.png
76KB, 318x314px
Gen 2 is objectively the worst gen when it comes to introducing new Pokémon.
>>
>>33230062
>posting on of the best Pokemon in the series

Are you retarded?
>>
>Skiploom actually exists
What the fuck
>>
>>33230062
Don't you get tired of doing these stupid threads?
>>
>>33230062
but Gen 2 generally has the best designs
>>
>>33230062
That's gen 3. I'd say that gen 2 has the best designs overall, but I'm suspicious because I do enjoy gimmicky mons.
>>
>>33230073
People always meme about forgettable pokemon, but Skiploom is so forgotten no one talks about it.
>>
File: Babies-Pokemon-Generation-2.jpg (120KB, 603x416px) Image search: [Google]
Babies-Pokemon-Generation-2.jpg
120KB, 603x416px
>>33230080
>I actually like useless baby pokemon
Get a load of this guy.
>>
File: 1491223637336.png (14KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491223637336.png
14KB, 800x600px
Gen 2 is best gen. Gen 2 us the one I keep going back to play.
>>
>>33230097
They are useless. Doesn't mean they have bad designs.
>>
>>33230107
>>33230097
inb4 HAHA I WAS TALKING ABOUT THEIR DESIGN AS A COMPETITIVE MON GOT YOU FAG
>>
>>33230113
>>33230107
They are in both aspects completely forgettable.
>>
>>33230097
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!!!

But i think they are cute desu.
>>
>>33230062
That's not gen 4.
>>
File: 186Politoed.png (161KB, 408x600px) Image search: [Google]
186Politoed.png
161KB, 408x600px
>>33230062
Hoppip is a cute and interesting design.
Skiploom trashes it and decides "member genwun?". Turns into a green Gloom with a :3 face. It's still different enough, at least
Then Jumpluff doesn't even try and is literally flying Oddish. Like literally. What the actual fuck.

Fuck this line. And fuck gen 2 designs in general. Many of the evos barely feel connected. Completely forgettable designs like Girafarig, Stantler, Killfish, etc. The cross-gen evos completely miss the mark of their prevos. Crobat shares nothing in common with Golbat beyond being a bat. Hitmontop drops the entire motif of Chan and Lee. Slowking I can't properly judge because I always think of the movie where it could talk and was some island god and made no fucking sense. Politoed is so far removed from the rest of the line it's baffling how anyone approved it. Only Steelix and Kingra are okay. Scizor I can at least appreciate the concept of Scyther + Metal Coat = Metal Scyther. But then they fucked the design by making it pink because gen 2 had a retarded obsession with changing an evo's color to something random for no reason. Probably because they wanted to show off the GBC.
>>
>>33230097
>everything has to cater to tourneyfags and waifufags
Get a load of this guy
>>
2 and 5 are the worst about introducing them because 2 made it so you pretty much have to go out of your way to get them, and 5 shoved its new ones down your throat when the series had already established having a mix of old and new ones which is only going to alienate people which most people do not like to have happen to them
>>
>>33230097
yes, I do.Great designs
>>
>>33230097
You can relate to them
>>
>>33230220
>>33230062
That's not Gen 7

Objectively the most hideous gen
>>
Gen 7 is the worst designed gen -- it's almost nothing but anthropomorphic Pokémon and waifumons, and most Pokémon that start out as a nicely designed animalmon turn into a fucking waifumon (looking at you Salandit and Cutiefly -- two 10/10 designs ruined by their disgusting evolutions).

That, and we have the introduction of the Ultra Beasts, which do the whole "weird otherdimensional creature" thing well, but are still bafflingly ugly. I have to believe it's possible to design confusing alien creatures and still have them pleasant to look at
>>
>>33230113
you mean in after...? because he was only talking about designs in the first place

that said i'm not a fan of them in either case aside from elekid
>>
>>33230638
>Crobat shares nothing in common with Golbat beyond being a bat

And Zubat shares little with Golbat -- one has a regular sized mouth, huge ears, no eyes, no legs, and Golbat ends up with a gigantic mouth, tiny cat ears, weird eyes, and goofy feet. Crobat is a fine evolution.

>Hitmontop drops the entire motif of Chan and Lee

I hate Hitmontop's design, but Chan and Lee don't really look a whole lot like one another.

>Politoed is so far removed from the rest of the line it's baffling how anyone approved it

Politoed seems like a reasonable evolution to the tadpole mons that were Poliwag and Poliwhirl. It's arguably better than the original "it just gets bigger" evolution.

>But then they fucked the design by making it pink

It's red you fucking goober, get your eyes checked. Also, Scizor does a great job of expanding on Scyther without actually replacing Scyther design-wise. Scyther was already a total badass and a pretty complicated design, so I think it makes sense that Scizor would take a fairly dramatic aesthetic turn. I don't think it would have been possible to do a more conventional "it's Scyther, but cooler" sort of evolution.
>>
I'm a massive Johtofag, and I don't disagree that in terms of new Pokemon introduction, GSC did really poorly. Probably third, next to XY and SM. The good Johto mons were really good, but the babbymons and such were obvious filler.

It is worth noting though that GSC weren't intended to be independent games with a whole new region and Pokedex. The reason you can go back to Kanto, and why the Pokemon distribution relies so heavily on Kanto's dex is because GSC were supposed to be sequels, glorified expansion packs to RBY, and as far as anyone knew were the end of the series. The intent at the time was only to add onto the 151.
>>
JohtoFag here. Despite my massive boner to anything Gen 2. I'll agree with this!
>>
>>33231411
Every Pokemon that isn't a starter or box legendary is filler, it doesn't mean "Not on generic Smogon team #94953"
>>
>>33230062
Gen 2 is objectively the best gen when it comes to introducing new pokemon*
FTFY
>>
Gen3 had some of the best pokemon introduced into the series, prove me wrong without cherry picking.
>>
File: 368Gorebyss.png (33KB, 244x184px) Image search: [Google]
368Gorebyss.png
33KB, 244x184px
>>33231967
I could post trash from gen 3, but you would call it "cherry picking". Every gen has had some of the best pokemon introduced in the series. Along with some of the worst. Aside from 6 which all ranged from shit to above average with nothing standout.
>>
>>33230097
I just hate pichu, the other are perfects
>>
>>33232020
Flygon
Aggron
Sceptile
Swampert
Kyogre
Latios
Latias
Zangoose
Tropius
Crawduant
Shiftry
Breloom
And many more...
>>
>>33232020
I like gorebyss more than most gen II mons.
>>
>>33230097
Cleffa is the most adorable little thing ever.
>>
>>33230097
Igglybuff's red eyes make it seem really demonic for me, Elekid's goatee makes it seem older than its evolutions and I do hate using Tyrogue because it feels like I'm slaving a human child . But these three are the only gen 2 pokemon I dislike.
>>
uh oh it's one of those threads again
>>
>>33230062
You ended that sentence seven words too late.
>>
>>33230097
Did any of the babies actually add anything to their later evolutions? Other than making them a pain in the ass to breed, of course.
>>
>>33230062
Gen II is literally just an extension pack for Gen I.
>>
>>33235236
fuck off
>>
>>33232020
>Aside from 6 which all ranged from shit to above average with nothing standout
gen 6 had the best designs after gen 1
>>
File: 1477727733164.jpg (489KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477727733164.jpg
489KB, 800x800px
>>33230062
But you just posted the best pokemon of all time
>>
>>33230863
do you really think cutiefly is a ... waifumon?
>>
>>33236743
Cutefly literally looks like a girl in a scarf

like a girlier version of Chinicco
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.