[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>budget of a bologna sandwich >more focused on showcasing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3461.jpg (44KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3461.jpg
44KB, 300x277px
>budget of a bologna sandwich

>more focused on showcasing mons than developing characters

>consistently contradicted the games, especially with Rock types

>Main character doesn't even earn half his badges

>Derp, only English dub bad cause 4Kids

Removing the nostalgia goggles, the first seasons of the anime were pretty crap. If anything 4Kids' dub made it viewable
>>
>>33227597
Yeah but the nostalgia hits me so hard I don't care
>>
>>33227597
First 3 points can apply to all the seasons.
>>
>>33227597
>consistently contradicted the games, especially with Rock types
Nigga, they predicted/inspired the move Soak with that whole Onix getting KO'd by electricity thing.

What they fucked up on was "aim for the horn", in which the games responded with the lightning rod ability, which almost seems like a 'fuck you' to that battle.
>>
>>33227597
It was much better than other seasons because it had no restrictions and they built the world any way they wanted to. The result of that is a show that is way more creative and fun than later seasons, especially because it takes itself not seriously at all.
However, it still has quite a few flaws. For example, the gym battles are pretty much barely ever battles, and Ash loses to Ash. So that sucks.
While the show still followed a formula, the way they presented a Pokemon in every episode was occasionally very different from nowadays. That does not mean it makes it better, but I like it much more. It's way less boring for sure.

Pokemon sucks either way.
I prefer somewhat interesting episodes with neat premises (even if they're basically all filler) over a show that has half-assed attempts at developing the story and its characters. Others will prefer the latter, but who cares. It's just Pokemon anyways. You should expect low-brow entertainment anyway.
>>
>>33227597
>If anything 4Kids' dub made it viewable
Of course it did. Outside the terrible localization (which is realistically ALL localization because it's unnecessary - either people don't care and well... don't care or they do and they'll figure it out for themselves what all this weird culture stuff is about), 4Kids wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.
>>
>>33227597
ALL seasons are shit. Ashnime is shitty through and through. People with low anime standards actually like it.
>>
File: Aquas.png (46KB, 130x143px)
Aquas.png
46KB, 130x143px
>>33227597
>>
What's the episode where the gang walk down a dirt road, meet someone with a Pokémon that helps the character of the day, Team Rocket try to take it and Pikachu but fail and Ash and the gang say to character of the day, "I'll see you again"
>>
>>33227597
The whole show is bad, even for kids show standards.
>>
>>33227597
Actually, the first season of the anime has a pretty consistent animation.
>>
File: 191.png (54KB, 625x626px)
191.png
54KB, 625x626px
>>33228215
90% of the entire anime
>>
>>33227597
Yeah the gym fights and most filler episodes were terrible because they didn't even remotely try to reflect the games. They were like those novel adaptations of videogames from literally who people who didn't even bother trying the game.
>>
I think the reason why I liked the early episodes so much is because they had fucking weird ideas for each episode.

>That episode where they got lost on an island with giant mechanical Pokemon
>That episode where Brock and James fall in love with a ghost who curses them and then the ghost ends up being a talking Gastly that fights everyone with insane illusions
>That episode where Ash and Pikachu FUCKING DIE and become playmates for the ghost Pokemon
>That episode where the gang and some hobo take care of injured Pokemon in an abandoned human hospital

The later seasons didn't have shit like this from what I've seen. By the time they got to Johto, it was becoming generic and samey like this. >>33228215 I remember watching a few episodes of Hoenn not long after it started and I was just bored by it.

I started watching it again recently with Sun and Moon and while it's nothing like the first season still, it has been really good so far. I think putting Ash in a school was a good idea because that means they can have that entire series take place in one location and have stories with/develop many characters within it instead of each episode taking place in a new area with some random dipshit who'll never be seen again. All these extra characters have meaning now because you know they'll return later when before, it was the opposite.
>>
>>33227597
All seasons are bad. The firsts's only advantage is that it makes sense in those for Ash to be a noob. But overall the ashnime is the worst product of the entertainment industry so its really irrelevant to divide it in seasons.
>>
>>33227597
The Pokemons are the protagonist you imbecile, human characters are the minor part
>>
>>33228300
>filler
The show was episodic anon. At least then.
>>
File: Pott8to.jpg (2KB, 103x125px)
Pott8to.jpg
2KB, 103x125px
>>33228215
>Tfw When the COTD Has better design than the main characters

BOY. IT'S A NICE DAY TO HANG OUT. ON A ROPE. HAHAHA.
>>
File: 2345678765.gif (961KB, 240x180px)
2345678765.gif
961KB, 240x180px
>>33229188
>COTD is a QT that we will never see again
>>
>>33227597
that's every season, take of your antinostalgia goggles
>>
File: Naruto and Sasuke.jpg (452KB, 1746x1419px)
Naruto and Sasuke.jpg
452KB, 1746x1419px
How was Ash not developing throughout Kanto? I think that's why I loved the original series because Ash actually acted like a fucking 10-year-old. Compare that to the soulless robot in XY. How is that a 10 year old?
>>
At the very least, Kanto had some creative freedom from the writers thanks to that Early Installment Weirdness and not really having any hard caps up until the GS Ball/Celebi Movie issues that led to Johto turning the thing stale and safe.
>>

What... People see the anime for the humans?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.