[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ORAS was good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 24

File: 1477320362493.jpg (88KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
1477320362493.jpg
88KB, 620x420px
ORAS was good.
>>
>>33221053
No, it wasn't.
>>
>>33221053
It was great before Zinnia fucked everything
>>
It's okay. It certainly doesn't deserve the amount of hate it gets.
>>
>>33221061
Yes it was.
>>
>>33221053
It was
>>
>>33221073
nah, faggot. Hoenn a shit.
>>
>>33221053
This fucking board of autists is the only place where people don't like ORAS. All of the faggots on here are either mad that it's not a one hundred percent remake of RS, but are also mad that it's not HGSS 2.0. I swear, the autism on this board is humorous, because you guys are literally the only people who don't like ORAS and Sun and Moon. X and Y I can get not liking, but ORAS and SM were both good. Keep whining over the lack of battle frontier, which is a shitty feature.
>>
>>33221072
This. An okay game but really needed more in it to shine.
>>
File: i am a genius.jpg (234KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
i am a genius.jpg
234KB, 640x720px
>>33221053
It was okay. I wouldn't call it good and it's not as bad as this board says it is.
>>
>>33221103
This is so fucking true. Pretty much everywhere else people like oras, this is the only place where it's hated.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 252x200px
>>33221103
>SM were good
>>
File: VSGuitarist.png (76KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
VSGuitarist.png
76KB, 400x240px
They're improvements over RS in every way, but are lacking in Emerald's tougher enemy trainers and postgame. Despite that, there's a lot of new content and features, either being a carryover from XY and the past gens' overall improvements, or adding new content and refining some of the more niche features RS had.
Secret Bases went from being something that was just mentioned and then ignored for most players to being fully fleshed out, and with it made the games really feel like a community, due to PSS, Buzznav, and everyone's bases being transferred to you.
>>
>>33221136
>People are not allowed to like things I dislike
>>
File: 1478531504976.png (427KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478531504976.png
427KB, 800x640px
>>33221094
Oh but Unnova is great right???
>>
>>33221103
I liked ORAS and SM as well. VGC'16 format sucked though, too much RNG.
>>
>>33221154
>assuming shit
I accept your concession.
>>
>>33221053
>no post game
>new story added is just flying to and from place you've already been to
>disregards everything that Emerald improved about Ruby and Sapphire
>no Battle Frontier
>Battle Resort is a straight up insult

Sorry anon, they were lazy pieces of shit.
>>
>>33221142
What is this? An opinion based on logic and actual arguments? You don't belong here, anon. This board is for screeching autists only.
>>
>>33221053
I really liked the new mega evolutions, BUT when first playing through it, some parts were left out instead of expanded upon on, (safari Zone, granite cave) which really isn't what I was looking for
>>
File: Wallace.png (383KB, 1600x1348px) Image search: [Google]
Wallace.png
383KB, 1600x1348px
>>33221183
>no post game
False, like most claims the ORAS hatedom makes. Maybe you should start prattling on about how they made trainers weaker, too.
>>
>>33221053
Plot additions were hot gabage, but everything else was good to excellent.
>>
File: 1501823067686.jpg (42KB, 379x437px) Image search: [Google]
1501823067686.jpg
42KB, 379x437px
>>33221154
Not him
But yes it fucking was. BW/BW2 were one of the best in the series. A big ass region. Good music and post game content. BW2 was the best of the two, but I prefer bw1 for story.
Unova were great games
>>
>>33221103
>Keep whining over the lack of battle frontier, which is a shitty feature.
Confirmed shitter who couldn't beat any of the facilities.
>>
>>33221151
I didn't said that. SM are objectively shit and i can't understand how can someone enjoy such a bad game.
>>
>>33221205
>brings up another an entirely different point for no reason

ORAS has no post game. If you call flying to a tiny piece of land and pressing A to battle a legendary, or going to a copy/paste Battle Maision, post game then you might be right.
>>
>>33221136
This is the shit I'm talking about. I bet your only reason for not liking them is that everyone else on here doesn't like them. I haven't seen any valid complaints that would deem them to be the shitty games that /vp/ thinks they are.

>Th-there's too many cutscenes
I don't know what to tell you, bud. Maybe don't play video games with stories if cutscenes bother you that much.

>Muh gyms are gone!
If you can't see that trials are literally just more interesting gyms, you're beyond autist levels.

>The games are too easy!!
Yeah, that tends to happen when you're playing a game marketed to and enjoyed by children. Black and White tried to add difficulties systems, but Gen 5 sucked. You probably think Gen 5 was amazing though because you're one of the faggots on this board who's a 14 year old basement dweller claiming to be a regular member of society, and you're a pseudo-intellectual, so you think that Gen 5 has a really deep story.

>The designs suck!
Not really. Pokemon's been around for over 20 years, every gen has its duds. No one wants to admit it, but every gen has good and shitty designed pokemon, but the autists who hate gens 6 and 7 only talk about the bad Pokemon, which there aren't many of.
>>
>>33221154
>>33221209
And unlike any gen 6 game there weren't any gimmicks, no mega evolutions. It was just battling with gems or battle items you found. And unlike or as you actually had to try to play.
>>
>>33221239
Me,
Holy fuck why are there so many grammar errors near the fucking end
>>
>>33221211
There's one thing I just don't get - why not simply play online instead? The Battle Frontier was created for those who couldn't battle others. Why put up with shitty RNG when it's obsolete anyways?

>>33221226
I just like going out of my way to call attention to the ways in which you people lie, like when you talk about how ORAS nerfed every dungeon when it actually expanded the Scorched Slab and Meteor Falls and completely revamped the Abandoned Ship into Sea Mauville, and the only location that was actually cut down was New Mauville. But nevertheless, the Delta Episode, aforementioned dungeons, Elite Four rematches, legendary hunting, mirage spots, secret bases, and Battle Maison all count as postgame.

>>33221239
>weren't any gimmicks
I disagree. Triple battles had a lot of gimmicky moves created just for them, shit like the Pledge moves, and rotation battles were also a thing for some unknown reason.
>>
>>33221205
But ORAS barely has postgame. The only postgame ORAS has is Delta Episode and Battle Resort. All of the stuff people mistake for postgame can be done before you even obtain the 8th gym badge.
>>
>>33221296
But no one were going to use pledge moved because they only did bp of 50.
Unlike pledge moves, people actually used megas, and zmoves. Gen 5 and bellow had you to battle players fair and square. Gen 5 competitive got really popular and that's how most poketubers grew to be recently.
>>
>>33221235
>too many cutscenes
I want to play pokemon. not to be directed to a different game just because one faggot thought that 6 hours of cutscenes are okay
>The designs suck
Ribombee and Araquanid are the only ones i can stand. The rest of the alola dex can go, i won't miss it.

I don't give a fuck about the other 2.
>>
File: 1445043045284.jpg (58KB, 322x323px) Image search: [Google]
1445043045284.jpg
58KB, 322x323px
>>33221296
>I just like going out of my way to call attention to the ways in which you people lie, like when you talk about how ORAS nerfed every dungeon when it actually expanded the Scorched Slab and Meteor Falls and completely revamped the Abandoned Ship into Sea Mauville, and the only location that was actually cut down was New Mauville.
When did I ever mention this?
>Delta Episode
Not really post game since it's part of the main story of the game. That would be like saying that all of Kanto is post game in HGSS.
>dungeons
Name me one dungeon you get access to after beating the game.
>Elite Four rematches
You have to be retarded to think this is post game. Rematches with Gym Leaders would count though but surprise surprise...
>legendary hunting
"Dungeons are boring, just fly here and press A!"
>Mirage spots
Not post game, you gain access to them after getting seven badges. Also, why would you even list them as positives? They were tiny patches of land not worth exploring for more than two minutes.
>Secret bases
They were neat, but not post game.
>Battle Maison
Lazy shit. I didn't even play them in ORAS because I had already beaten them in XY.
Could you apologists be any more retarded?
>>
>>33221358
That was gen 4, not 5. Gen 5's meta was garbage in almost every way.
>>
>>33221393
>When did I ever mention this?
I explicitly said you didn't mention it, you actual goofball.
>Not really post game since it's part of the main story of the game. That would be like saying that all of Kanto is post game in HGSS.
Fair enough.
>Name me one dungeon you get access to after beating the game.
Can't fully explore the Scorched Slab or Sea Mauville until you've finished the story. Also, Sky Pillar, but you'll just bitch that they changed it therefore it's worse.
>You have to be retarded to think this is post game. Rematches with Gym Leaders would count though but surprise surprise...
What? Are you mentally ill? You realize the Elite Four get all new teams and you can only rematch them after clearing the Delta Episode, right?
>"Dungeons are boring, just fly here and press A!"
You mean "get through this dungeon and find a particular item for the sake of unlocking a legendary that allows you to catch others" and "visit this cavern at particular times for the sake of gathering legendaries that allow you to find another, which combined with its opposite, unlocks yet another"?
>Not post game, you gain access to them after getting seven badges. Also, why would you even list them as positives? They were tiny patches of land not worth exploring for more than two minutes.
It's after you beat the Primal, not just after you get seven badges. It's at the very end of the game. Shoot me. Also, more Pokemon available in the games is a good thing, anon.
>They were neat, but not post game.
They give you something else to do after the credits roll. They're postgame.
>Lazy shit. I didn't even play them in ORAS because I had already beaten them in XY.
Yeah, that was how I felt when I saw HGSS just lazily copied Platinum's Frontier.
>apologists
I apologize that ORAS are the best-selling remakes, at least.
>>
>>33221187
Stop fellating my post. I didn't give an opinion, I just stated the measurable improvements ORAS had over RS. There is still no excuse for ORAS to have regressive content compared to Emerald, a game that came out over a decade ago.
>>
>>33221330
Does it matter though? Content is content, no matter if you can do it before or after the credits.
>>
>>33221638
>there are people who unironically think like this
>herro it rooks rike you're running out of content oops buy next game byebye
>>
>>33221638
>Does it matter though?
it kinda does when the whole definition of the term postgame is meant to be something that can only be completed after you see the credits/complete the main portion of the game.
>>
>>33221564
>Can't fully explore the Scorched Slab or Sea Mauville until you've finished the story.
Scorched Slab is like three linear rooms though. Same with Sea Mauville which unlocks like three tiny rooms.
>Also, Sky Pillar
Nope. You get it during Delta Episode which is not post game.
>What? Are you mentally ill? You realize the Elite Four get all new teams and you can only rematch them after clearing the Delta Episode, right?
I'll give you this one being post game, but it's not good post game at all.
>You mean "get through this dungeon and find a particular item for the sake of unlocking a legendary that allows you to catch others" and "visit this cavern at particular times for the sake of gathering legendaries that allow you to find another, which combined with its opposite, unlocks yet another"?
No, I meant something along the lines of "explore this dungeon until at the end you run into a legendary," which is something that Gamefreak hasn't done since BW2 I think.
>It's after you beat the Primal, not just after you get seven badges. It's at the very end of the game.
Still not POST game.
>They give you something else to do after the credits roll.
Now you're really reaching.
>Yeah, that was how I felt when I saw HGSS just lazily copied Platinum's Frontier
Exactly.
>I apologize that ORAS are the best-selling remakes
Wow, I supposed that means, Call of Duty, Fifa, Transfomers, and Adam Sandler movies are actually masterpieces.
>>
>>33221697
>Delta Episode which is not post game.
wut?
>>
>>33221709
Like I explained before, Delta Episode is part of the main story which is why we see Zinnia at the beginning of the game. If you call that post game, then you have to call Kanto in HGSS post game as well.
>>
>>33221732
yeah I definitely would. to me anyhting that comes after the champion is post game. I thought that was universally agreed on
>>
>>33221675
Debatable. I was under the impression postgame was always defined here as simply content that can still be done after finishing the game.
>>
>>33221709
Delta Episode isn't a real post-game because the game requires you to do it before you can do practically anything else.
>>
>>33221754
More like Johto is Disc 1 and Kanto is Disc 2
>>
>>33221675
Again, why does it matter if you can do content before or after the credits? The whole argument is that there's "nothing" to do after the main game is over from my understanding, which is false. You can still do stuff like Legend hunting, Contests (just to name up some examples) even after you did the E4. The thing is that you can do that stuff before the E4 too.

Personally, I don't care when a peice of content is unlocked. The earlier you can do additional content, the better is my mindset. So I don't understand why people need their content to be unlocked after the credits roll.
>>
>>33221154
Yes, fuck everything that was released after it.
>>
>>33221778
It matters because the discussion at hand is about POSTGAME content. Stop trying to backpeddal because you're wrong.
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (738KB, 1092x1610px) Image search: [Google]
hgssvsoras.png
738KB, 1092x1610px
No, it wasn't.
>>
>>33221697
>Scorched Slab is like three linear rooms though. Same with Sea Mauville which unlocks like three tiny rooms.
Sure, but it's still content you can't do until the story is finished.
>I'll give you this one being post game, but it's not good post game at all.
That's fine. You're allowed to not like it.
>No, I meant something along the lines of "explore this dungeon until at the end you run into a legendary," which is something that Gamefreak hasn't done since BW2 I think.
There's Terminus Cave in XY.
>Now you're really reaching.
I think we just have different definitions of "postgame", really.
>Wow, I supposed that means, Call of Duty, Fifa, Transfomers, and Adam Sandler movies are actually masterpieces.
Wasn't implying popularity = quality. I just like poking fun along those lines.
>>
>muh postgame
Jesus christ everyone knows BW2 were the best content-wise but does it really fucking matter if something like PWT and Treehollow were only accessible after beating the E4? You guys are so autistic
>>
>>33221793
You still haven't answered my question, which is something I genuinely want to know. it wasn't my intention to backpedal on anything, just looking to understand different viewpoints.
>>
>>33221795
Can we stop pretending this image is objective and wasn't created solely for the sake of shitposting?
>included elements from third game
Literally 1 NPC.
>removed elements from third game
>implying any of them were ever included in the first place
>>
>>33221825
>Literally 1 NPC.
Still content.

>>implying any of them were ever included in the first place
BF and Trainer Hill were in Hoenn. Now they aren't in Hoenn. So they're removed.
>>
>>33221103
How is it not fair to be "mad that it's not HGSS 2.0"?

Not saying they were perfect but they included everything from the original games, expanded on things that were unfinished or not possible in the originals, and even added completely new content.

ORAS does not even have feature parity with RS, let alone Emerald. I can forgive not having things like following Pokémon since XY didn't have those and the remakes are limited to the engines of their generation. But there's no reason to recommend ORAS over Emerald aside from "well, it has better graphics I guess".

They didn't make remakes out of love for the originals or the desire to fix them up for both fans and new players, they made them because "Hey FRLG and HGSS sold really well, so now we do a remake every generation to squeeze a few more dollars out of our game engine".
>>
>>33221879
>BF and Trainer Hill were in Hoenn.
In Emerald. Not Ruby and Sapphire. Sorry. I bet you expect the Distortion World and Battle Frontier in the Sinnoh remakes as well.

>>33221917
>ORAS does not even have feature parity with RS
I'm really sorry that the absence of the Berry Blender is such a triggering thing for you. The rest of us had plenty of fun with all of the added Pokemon, the expanded secret base function, the inclusion of DexNav, inherited QoL features from XY, the expanded dungeons, soaring, new forms...
But that's fine. You can stick to your antiquated games anon, and you can keep on blindly hating everything new.
>>
>>33221053
yes it was
>>
>>33221235
>I don't know what to tell you, bud. Maybe don't play video games with X if Y bother you that much
>>
>>33221795
Pokemon Gym Leaders were always pushovers, no matter what game. You just got better. I just recently played Crystal re-run and destroyed each and every gym leader with no problem at all. All this while under leveled at some of them.
>>
>>33221879
>Still content.
Oh okay, shit, I guess it has to be amended to say "included elements from third game" as well since ORAS had an improved version of Wallace's Emerald team
>>
>>33221989
It gets even better when you realize that they made the gym leaders much stronger in ORAS, as well. See >>33221205

It's kinda like how the image talks about not adding routes and gimping areas while ignoring added and expanded areas, or how it talks about not having the game corner while ignoring more meaningful content like secret bases. That's basically the MO these people have - pretend everything good in ORAS didn't exist at all, that way we can pretend that the lack of the berry blender is a grievous crime against humanity.
>>
>>33221952
>In Emerald.
So? Still Hoenn.

>The rest of us had plenty of fun
Evidently not.

You say Emerald is antiquated yet it has more fucking gameplay than ORAS does.

>>33222008
> I guess it has to be amended to say "included elements from third game" as well
No because nothing meaningful from the third game was included and all of it was removed. Wally's teams in RSE are identical.
>>
File: heck off.png (25KB, 222x259px) Image search: [Google]
heck off.png
25KB, 222x259px
>>33221795
biased
hgss a shit
faithful doesn't mean good
>>
>>33222086
>faithful doesn't mean good

Yeah, you're right, ORAS is better for having less content than Emerald.
>>
>>33222066
>You say Emerald is antiquated yet it has more fucking gameplay than ORAS does.
Call me when you get a day/night cycle.

>Evidently not
Best-selling remakes. The opinion of an echo chamber on /vp/ does not constitute the opinion of the fandom at large.

>Wally
? ? ?

>>33222092
>less content
Say it as many times as you want, but you can't make it true.
>>
>>33222105
>Call me when you get a day/night cycle.
Day/night cycle != gameplay.

>Best-selling remakes
"Best-selling" doesn't mean "good"

>? ? ?
Exactly what I said.

>Say it as many times as you want, but you can't make it true.
But it is true. Emerald has HOURS worth of replayable content that is missing from ORAS.
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>33221053
Not really.
>>
I enjoyed oras more than hgss
Neither were bad, they were exactly on par as remakes
I don't like the two simplified dungeons but I don't think it overshadows cool stuff like dex nav and overworld flight

You're allowed to dislike them but please don't pretend they were awful
>>
>>33222165
>My game isn't antiquated! It just lacks basic time-keeping!

>"Best-selling" doesn't mean "good"
No, but it means that clearly most people didn't have a problem with the games, you goofy fuck. Every single time sales are mentioned, you jump to "popularity =/= quality", as if that's the only reason somebody would mention sales.

>Exactly what I said.
Nigger, I said Wallace, not Wally. Wallace, the guy who was the champion in Emerald.

>Emerald has HOURS worth of replayable content
And ORAS has HOURS of replayable content, only they went so far as to make it actually good content instead of just slapping together a few RNGfests and calling it a day.

>>33222177
>first point
>Battle Frontier
>actually using Mirage Tower and Berry Blending as points against ORAS
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>33222177
I don't agree with most of this, but I hope the person who created it is doing okay
>>
File: 1402644241897.jpg (16KB, 192x169px) Image search: [Google]
1402644241897.jpg
16KB, 192x169px
>>33222198
>they were exactly on par as remakes

Not really.

HGSS included all the content from the originals, the difficulty is the same if not even harder, included some bonus content from Crystal, included a Pokewalker they didn't need to make, included a Safari Zone they didn't need to make, added a Game Corner replacement they didn't need to make, and added a side game mode that is actually a completely original set of fun touch screen based minigames.

What did ORAS do in comparison? Removed some content from RS, removed even more content from Emerald, made the game even easier, made the Safari Zone into like any other generic area in the game, and contests are boring and casualized to the point where you don't even need to pay attention to the game to win them.

HGSS feels like someone's passion project who wanted to make the end all be all definitive Johto games. ORAS feels like a phoned in 1 year dev cycle cash in.
>>
>>33222261
The additions to ORAS more than make up for the lack of berry blending and mirage tower.
>>
File: 1494356472862.jpg (37KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494356472862.jpg
37KB, 1024x768px
>>33222253
Wow that's honestly one of the nicest things I've read in this board today, hope you are doing ok too bro!
>>
>>33222177
It's funny because ORAS is an objectively better game than HGSS. Just goes to show what you can achieve with cherry picking.

>>33222261
HGSS fixed none of the issues with GSC and indeed made the game worse in many regards. The Pokewalker is included as a gimmick that adds nothing.

Meanwhile ORAS fixed issues with RSE, added actual new content instead of gimmicks gating old content, and added actual new Pokemon in the form of new Megas and Primal Reversions. HGSS is so low-effort compared to ORAS it's almost comical.
>>
>>33222342
>HGSS fixed none of the issues with GSC
There are no issues that needed to be fixed.

>Meanwhile ORAS fixed issues with RSE
No it didn't. Surfing is still a pain in the ass. The Pokemon variety is still trash.

>and added actual new Pokemon in the form of new Megas and Primal Reversions
And what I am supposed to do with them when there's no BF? Play the online that's worse than Showdown and antiquated by SM anyway?

>>33222328
Nope.
>>
>>33222261
Why pretend like oras didn't have any new features? I don't get it
This exhausted on vp
>>
File: 1499654249654.png (29KB, 519x523px) Image search: [Google]
1499654249654.png
29KB, 519x523px
>>33222363
>There are no issues that needed to be fixed
>>
>>33222363
Hoenn has one of the best national dex's
More is certainly not better because you sacrifice game design for it
Look at xy's awful, bloated dex
>>
>>33222363
>There are no issues that needed to be fixed.
Wild Pokemon distribution, level spikes. The two biggest issues with GSC in the first place.

>Surfing is still a pain in the ass.
HAHAHA YOU ARE SO FULL OF SHIT
Sorry about that. Did you even play ORAS? Be honest.
>>
>>33222376
>Why pretend like oras didn't have any new features?

What new features?

The DexNav that's just worse than breeding and completely useless to anyone who already completed the dex?

The soaring which is just a slower version of fly?

The bases which are only good for cheesing grinding and nothing else?

No, seriously, what new features are there again?
>>
>>33222396
Greentexting it doesn't make it any less true.

>>33222397
>Wild Pokemon distribution
Nothing about this needed fixing.

>level spikes
i.e. "WAAAAAAAAAAH I'M TOO BAD AT THE GAME TO BEAT NPCS WHO HAVE HIGHER NUMBERS THAN MINE WAAAAAH"
>>
>>33222363
>There are no issues that needed to be fixed.
Thanks for admitting you're completely biased and have no objectivity, it makes it real simple to just ignore your posts from here on out.

>No it didn't. Surfing is still a pain in the ass.
Objectively incorrect. Sharpedo quadruples your speed, Kyogre doubles it, and Repels are chain-usable now. Much better than dealing with Whirlpools in GSC/HGSS.
>The Pokemon variety is still trash.
Objectively false. Unlike HGSS, which retains the god-awful GSC layouts preventing you from actually using Johtomons, ORAS adds a massive influx of new Pokemon after defeating the Super Ancient Pokemon. As an objectively better game should, of course.

>And what I am supposed to do with them when there's no BF? Play the online that's worse than Showdown and antiquated by SM anyway?
What were you supposed to do in HGSS? Play the rehashed Platinum frontier that you've already beaten and which is worse than Emerald's in every way? ORAS offers the Maison, various external facilities like Inverse Battles, and of course Secret bases. HGSS if anything has less repeatable content.
>>
>>33222401
>Did you even play ORAS?

Did you?
>>
>>33222402
I liked those three a lot, actually
More than hgss's following pokemon, pokeathalon, and safari zone
Now, you're allowed to like those more, but it certainly isn't an objective thing
>>
>>33222433
>Objectively incorrect. Sharpedo quadruples your speed, Kyogre doubles
Needing to use specific Pokemon that already require a specific HM isn't fixing it.

>and Repels are chain-usable now.
I shouldn't have to be constantly using repels for 1/3 of the game. It isn't fun.

>Objectively false.
No it isn't. Linoone, Pelipper, and Tentacool fucking EVERYWHERE. The Pokemon variety is trash.

>after defeating the Super Ancient Pokemon
So not until the fucking end of the game where at that point it won't matter? And yet you're arguing against HGSS because it doesn't let you use some Pokemon until closer to the end of the game? Who's the one who's biased again?

>What were you supposed to do in HGSS?
Explore the parts of Kanto they added in.
Play the Pokeathlon.
Play the customizeable safari zone.

And the BF is so fucking huge you probably can replay it despite being copy pasted from Platinum.

This is all better than what ORAS has to offer.
>>
>>33222427
>Nothing about this needed fixing.
Yeah I love having to wait until Kanto to get access to some basic Johto Pokemon, I love every route having the same shit instead of mixing it up.

>i.e. "WAAAAAAAAAAH I'M TOO BAD AT THE GAME TO BEAT NPCS WHO HAVE HIGHER NUMBERS THAN MINE WAAAAAH"
Holy fucking shit, are you completely mental? Do you have some sort of fucking disorder?
But yeah, having a 20 level gap between the last gym leader and the very next trainer is shit design, sorry

>>33222402
No, the DexNav that lets players see when they've exhausted a route and adds three new Pokemon to every single route at the end of the game, the soaring which streamlines movement and unlocks more areas, and the bases which allow you to create your own mini-gyms, indirectly challenge other players, grind, or just get comfy.
All of these features especially appeal to new players, so if you have issues empathizing with other people if you're on the autism spectrum for instance I could see why you'd fail to see the value in such features.

>>33222436
I sure did, that's why I knew about being able to surf on Sharpedo, which gives you a much faster movement speed and lowers the encounter rate. But based on how you deflected, you haven't played them. Maybe you should actually consider it.
>>
>>33222480
*I like this more than what oras has to offer
I hope you enjoy playing hgss in the future, anyways!
>>
>>33222480
>Needing to use specific Pokemon that already require a specific HM isn't fixing it.
Yes it is.

>I shouldn't have to be constantly using repels for 1/3 of the game. It isn't fun.
Then don't do it. Go play Showdown instead.

>No it isn't. Linoone, Pelipper, and Tentacool fucking EVERYWHERE. The Pokemon variety is trash.
Yeah it needs to be more like HGSS and have Furret, Noctowl, and Tentacool instead

>So not until the fucking end of the game where at that point it won't matter? And yet you're arguing against HGSS because it doesn't let you use some Pokemon until closer to the end of the game? Who's the one who's biased again?
Seven badges into ORAS, every route gets three new Pokemon. 11-12 badges into HGSS, you can finally catch a Houndour.

>This is all better than what ORAS has to offer.
In *your* opinion.
>>
I don't think people who hate oras understand that we can like the game despite its flaws
Games are gestalt things and deserve to be looked at as a whole. And I think oras is still a very fun video game.

Why the culture our negativity? People should be allowed to enjoy their shit
>>
>>33222552
I like HGSS. I like ORAS. I like every Pokemon game save for BW.

All I want is for people to treat ORAS fairly. You can dislike it for not having the Battle Frontier, you can dislike the lack of gym rematches (I found it disappointing myself), but keep your criticism honest and fair, for Christ's sake.
>>
>>33222581
What didn't you like about bw? I still like them, even if gen 5 was my least favourite
>>
>>33222501
>Yeah I love having to wait until Kanto to get access to some basic Johto Pokemon
>WAAAAH I HAVE TO WAIT TO GET [POKEMON] I WANT
Then trade. Every other game in the series has this problem.

>I love every route having the same shit instead of mixing it up.
So just like ORAS.

>Holy fucking shit, are you completely mental? Do you have some sort of fucking disorder?
Do you? It's not hard to beat an AI even with a level gap. Stop being bad at Pokemon.

>at the end of the game
Who cares?

>he soaring which streamlines movement
Flying does this but I don't have to watch a retarded cutscene to do it. The "unlocked areas" are tiny islands that aren't interesting.

> and the bases which allow you to create your own mini-gyms
You mean the thing where you can barely control your own team and there's a Pokemon limit? Who gives a fuck? Why wouldn't I just fucking battle a real person if I wanted a "mini-gym" ?

>that's why I knew about being able to surf on Sharpedo
Wow I need to surf on a specific Pokemon with a specific move to travel 1/3 of the game? What a great fucking solution!

I'm fucking glad SM didn't follow what ORAS fanboys think is an idea of a good solution, holy shit.

>>33222528
>Yes it is.
No it's not.

>The game is bad so don't play the game
Thanks for making my argument for me.

>Yeah it needs to be more like HGSS and have Furret, Noctowl, and Tentacool instead
Furret only appears in 1 route in the entire fucking game. Nice job trying and failing to copy my post.

>Seven badges into ORAS, every route gets three new Pokemon. 11-12 badges into HGSS, you can finally catch a Houndour.
So you're admitting HGSS has more content than ORAS? Because both of those are still near the end of the game regardless.

>In *your* opinion.
Just like how you thinking these shitty remakes are good is *your* opinion.
>>
>>33222581
>All I want is for people to treat ORAS fairly

All the criticisms in this thread have been fair. It's just a shitty remake, plain and simple.
>>
>>33222609
Oras's added islands are at least as interesting as the new route west of cianwood
Of course, another matter of preference

Can you two please be kind?
>>
>>33222633
like HGSS
>>
>>33222633
That isn't fair because it isn't shitty, even if it isn't perfect
This isn't absolute
>>
>>33222640
Shut up, shitting on hgss is no better than shitting on oras
>>
>>33222638
>Oras's added islands are at least as interesting as the new route west of cianwood

No because that route actually leads to something interesting and there are some decent trainer battles and exploration along it.

>>33222640
No.

>>33222655
But it is shitty.
>>
>>33222607
Too many cutscenes, no postgame whatsoever. It's quite akin to SM in those regards now that I think about it, but I found SM more adequately challenging.

>>33222609
>Do you? It's not hard to beat an AI even with a level gap. Stop being bad at Pokemon.
You're the one who went apeshit over me even mentioning level spikes. But hey, you're at least passively admitting that they're there, so that's good enough for me.
>Who cares?
The people who don't drop their games the instant the credits roll. More Pokemon available is a good thing.
>The "unlocked areas" are tiny islands that aren't interesting.
*More Pokemon available is a good thing.*
>You mean the thing where you can barely control your own team and there's a Pokemon limit? Who gives a fuck? Why wouldn't I just fucking battle a real person if I wanted a "mini-gym" ?
Good question, why the fuck am I playing a Pokemon game if I just want to play half-assed athletic events? Fucking hell, at least secret bases have something to do with the core gameplay.
>Wow I need to surf on a specific Pokemon with a specific move to travel 1/3 of the game? What a great fucking solution!
"Wow this common Pokemon makes me move significantly faster and cuts down on encounter rates, what a terrible solution"
"Bad Pokemon distribution doesn't matter, just trade"
You're a goof.
>>
>>33222660
still totally fair
>>
File: alola.png (14KB, 460x302px) Image search: [Google]
alola.png
14KB, 460x302px
>>33222671
>Too many cutscenes

at least you could mash through them really quickly if you wanted to, and N's dialogue was also set really fast to get through that quicker. Unlike SMs slog
>>
>>33221061
fpbp
>>33221103
>All of the faggots on here are either mad that it's not a one hundred percent remake of RS
I don't want a 100% remake of RS, I want a remake of Emerald that incorporates RS's wild encounters and plot while keeping in all the locations, features and side events from Emerald. You know, like HGSS did. I just want ORAS to be held to the same standards of HGSS, it's pretty straightforward.
ORAS was the least bad of the 3DS games but it's the ones that disappointed me the most because I actually thought they would make it not-shit.
>>
No time to explain! I need that Clefable image that says "I'll register you as: Retard.", anyone has it?
>>
>>33222633
Bullshit, in just this thread we've seen it claimed that ORAS made gym leaders weaker when it actually significantly improved their teams, we've seen claims that the game just nerfed dungeons without mentioning the expanded ones, we've seen people complaining about the lack of a berry blender, we've seen people saying that DexNav, secret bases, and the Battle Resort are entirely insignificant additions, yet the Pokeathlon isn't. And every single one of these threads is the same shit. There's never a consideration of pros versus cons like with FRLG or HGSS. HGSS barely tried to fix the issues present in gen 2, but I appreciate all the added content. When was the last time you saw somebody say "I really hate how they left out the Battle Frontier, but I like the other additions they made"?
>>
>>33222663
Fuck, dude, I'm TELLING you that I found it more interesting. What about that don't you get?
>>
>>33222728
>clefable
>>
File: retard.png (72KB, 210x243px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
72KB, 210x243px
If you say that ORAS is shit, you must admit that HGSS is shit too.
Otherwise, your opinion is totally biased.

>>33222728
there
>>
>>33222732
>When was the last time you saw somebody say "I really hate how they left out the Battle Frontier, but I like the other additions they made"?
>>33221142
>>
File: Shikamaru.png (128KB, 285x281px) Image search: [Google]
Shikamaru.png
128KB, 285x281px
>>33222768
>if you hate bad remake, you have to call a good remake shit or else you're biased
Hoennbabies are the worst
>>
>>33222749
Fuck! I meant Wigglytuff! I haven't played Pokémon in like 2 years, ok?
>>
>>33222086
>faithful doesn't mean good
But when people like the original game and think it's good, faithful IS good to those people. ORAS gave the finger to people who like Gen 3, and the only people who like it didn't play Gen 3 which is why they shit on it every time they try to defend ORAS. They can't promote ORAS on its own merits so their primary method of discourse is "YOUR GAME is shit TOO so you can FUCK OFF just BUY THIS GAME" like a Bethesda fan
>>
>>33222789
A reaction image doesn't make you correct
They were both pretty average pokemon games
In hgss's case there are worse and better games in the same generation
>>
>>33222823
That's not really true, I love emerald and I love oras and the two coexist wonderfully
>>
>>33222826
HGSS being based on superior games is already proof enough for them to be better remakes. Hoenn just sucks, there is no getting around it. Johto was comfier and just better.
>>
Don't worry, the dumbasses who defend OSRS are probably summerfags who didn't play emerald or hgss and can't possibly understand how much of a downgrade it is.
>>
>>33222844
Okay, I'm glad you like it
>>
>>33222882
There is nothing wrong with osrs
>>
>>33222823
>They can't promote ORAS on its own merits
I've spent this entire thread doing exactly that. DexNav was a fantastic addition and should have been standard moving forward. They made secret bases interesting. Expanding areas and putting more valuables in them was a good move. Mirage spots gave incentive to keep coming back to the games.

>>33222882
>calling others dumbasses
>OSRS
>>
>>33221053
Yes, but could have been great making them worse than even X/Y overall.

X/Y was just a beginning while a remake has so much more opportunity. Opportunity they admit to intentionally not availing themselves of.
>>
>>33222732
>claimed that ORAS made gym leaders weaker when it actually significantly improved their teams

Uh, no. ORAS gym leaders are weaker. The first few gym leaders OBJECTIVELY have lower levels and less Pokemon while the higher gym leaders are only slightly increased, which doesn't make up for the EXP share or the fact that the player has access to Megas. They are far weaker.

> without mentioning the expanded ones
What expanded ones? The only one I can think of is Scorched Slab. And it doesn't make up for all the other dungeons they fucking neutered to the ground.

>we've seen people complaining about the lack of a berry blender
100% justified.

>we've seen people saying that DexNav, secret bases, and the Battle Resort are entirely insignificant additions,
They are insignificant.

>yet the Pokeathlon isn't
Because the Pokeathlon is actually a FUN set of minigames that requires skill and needing to pay attention to the game to win instead of being mindless grindy RNG bullshit.
>>
>>33221226
It had more postgame than about any other Pokemon game unless you count going back to Kanto GSC/HGSS postgame.
>>
>>33223365
>It had more postgame than about any other Pokemon game

FRLG, Emerald, Platinum, HGSS, and BW2 all have more post-game.
>>
>>33221235
There is regular video game cutscenes then there is a cluster cutscenes that happen every 5 damn steps of uninteresting BS that takes 5 minutes to get through.

XY and ORAS had the perfect amount of cutscenes imo.
>>
File: 1501707441695.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501707441695.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
I can't tell if people arguing that single-time Legendary encounters are better postgame than a variety of infinite-battle facilities with a bunch of different rules are ironic or not anymore. I used to think they were just lying to try and defend Game Freak but enough time has passed that I'm worried some people actually believe it.
>>
>>33223276
>Uh, no. ORAS gym leaders are weaker. The first few gym leaders OBJECTIVELY have lower levels and less Pokemon while the higher gym leaders are only slightly increased, which doesn't make up for the EXP share or the fact that the player has access to Megas. They are far weaker.
The first three gym leaders have lower levels. The rest are on par or higher. All have movesets that have been tweaked. Compare RS Wallace and ORAS Wallace from earlier. Saying "ORAS gym leaders are weaker" is a disingenuous blanket statement. Exactly three are ostensibly weaker, and five are stronger.

>What expanded ones? The only one I can think of is Scorched Slab. And it doesn't make up for all the other dungeons they fucking neutered to the ground.
Scorched Slab, Sea Mauville. And by "all the other dungeons", you mean New Mauville. You're upset because one dungeon got axed when you got two new ones.

>100% justified.
>They are insignificant.
These and the above only prove my point. Anything good ORAS adds is ignored, anything bad is exaggerated ten-thousandfold.

>Because the Pokeathlon is actually a FUN set of minigames that requires skill and needing to pay attention to the game to win instead of being mindless grindy RNG bullshit.
>mindless grindy RNG bullshit
Oh you mean like the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>33223385
>>33223411
Maybe, just maybe, some people just really don't give a shit about battle facilities

Come to think of it, they probably started with gen 5, if that were the case.
>>
>>33222693
Yep. SM you have to wait for the dialogue in a cutscene to slowly load and scroll across. Can't make it load faster with A like before.
>>
>>33223575
epic black surprise text

simply epic xD
>>
>>33223552
>The first three gym leaders have lower levels. The rest are on par or higher. All have movesets that have been tweaked. Compare RS Wallace and ORAS Wallace from earlier. Saying "ORAS gym leaders are weaker" is a disingenuous blanket statement. Exactly three are ostensibly weaker, and five are stronger.

It's like you didn't actually read my post at all. Making the gym leaders 2 levels higher doesn't mean anything if the level curve is made in a way so the player 5 levels higher with far more powerful Pokemon.

>Sea Mauville
Nope.

>And by "all the other dungeons", you mean New Mauville
Uh, no. I mean Granite Cave, Sky Pillar, and Mirage Tower.

> Anything good ORAS adds is ignored,
Probably because those features aren't that good or significant.

>Oh you mean like the Battle Frontier.
BF requires planning and strategy. It's not mindless.
>>
File: Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png (1MB, 3308x1566px) Image search: [Google]
Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png
1MB, 3308x1566px
>there are people who think ORAS has better Gym teams than Emerald
>>
>>33223589
Not sure whether you're from leddit or /v/. Either way, you can go back.

>>33223630
>Making the gym leaders 2 levels higher doesn't mean anything if the level curve is made in a way so the player 5 levels higher with far more powerful Pokemon.
Sure it does, when all of their movesets are changed to be less shit.

>Nope.
>"T-that doesn't count!!"

>Uh, no. I mean Granite Cave, Sky Pillar, and Mirage Tower.
Granite Cave's layout is almost entirely unchanged, I suppose I can give you Sky Pillar although it really all depends on your fondness for the bike puzzle, Mirage Tower was hardly a dungeon, being just an excuse to hand you the other fossil and was Emerald-exclusive anyways.

>Probably because those features aren't that good or significant.
Says the person bemoaning the lack of the fucking berry blender.

>BF requires planning and strategy. It's not mindless.
Sure it is. It's mindless, grindy bullshit. It takes no real effort to overcome brainless AI trainers with teams that are randomly generated - the only difficulty comes from when RNG decides to fuck you over. Shit, when I was just a kid, I cleared it all just using a Swampert, Cradily, and Registeel.
>>
>>33223575
I really don't care about battle facilities, it's boring
>>
>>33223718
Damn, johto is really bad
>>
>>33223718
Why does everyone always say XY started the trend of narrative shoved down your throat and small gym/E4 teams when it really started in BW?
>>
You can both recognize oras's flaws and still like it
Truly a difficult challenge but I've managed it
Best addition to the game was sea mauville, really crunchy lore and fun dungeon with a great reward
>>
>>33221393
>Kanto is not post game

Memes never die, I suppose.
>>
>>33222205
>No, but it means that clearly most people didn't have a problem with the games
Or it could simply mean that it was advertised better. Sales are not the same as they were in 2010. Things change and gets more or less popular over time. I like ORAS, but stop bringing up sales to justify whether a game is good or not.
>>
>>33224471
There you go again. Really, you guys are the ones constantly conflating sales with quality. Kind of interesting, that.
>>
File: Hoenn map model.png (840KB, 750x650px) Image search: [Google]
Hoenn map model.png
840KB, 750x650px
Not too related to what everyone's talking about, but I don't get what GF was thinking when they were drawing up ORAS Hoenn's map. Even in-game it's not that blocky.
>>
>>33224484
>you guys are the ones constantly conflating sales with quality

Yup, that's clearly why I brought it up out of nowhere.
>>
>>33225025
You did. I said "The rest of us had plenty of fun". They said "Evidently not". I said "Best-selling remakes. The opinion of an echo chamber on /vp/ does not constitute the opinion of the fandom at large.". Like clockwork, ""Best-selling" doesn't mean "good"", as if that was in any way what I was getting at.

Obviously people DON'T give a shit about the Battle Frontier if the games went on to be the best-selling remakes. How is that hard to grasp, you dumb shits?
>>
File: 1500853793617.jpg (9KB, 284x291px) Image search: [Google]
1500853793617.jpg
9KB, 284x291px
>>33224614
>Rustboro doesn't connect to Verdanturf propperly
>>
>>33222776
That's a nonsense argument anyway.

A.) Even if it were, this thread is asking if they're good. That means people who don't think so are going to talk about why it's not.

B.) Most of the additions are things brought over from X/Y and thus shouldn't be counted in favor of them. To apply such logic thoroughly, you'd have to do obviously stupid fucking things like count EVERY Pokémon as a new one in each game when talking about new species. And no, I can hear someone typing it already... Talking about variety in general is not talking about new ones specifically.

I like the variety in X/Y, for example, but it doesn't get points for 450 new Pokémon which is what you'd do if carrying features forward counted as a positive. When talking about carrying features forward, it simply stops the points from going down assuming nothing was changed to make it worse.

If this is not making sense, imagine a game you think is at 90% perfect. A follow up having the same features with no modifications would still be 90% perfect. It would only change if they removed them or changed them.

To use na in-game example, having the PSS doesn't make OR/AS any better or worse than X/Y on the connectivity front, in other words, because the feature works exactly the same. You don't add PSS points to OR/AS, but to X/Y because that's the game that earned them while OR/AS was a copy paste.

Only if PSS had debuted in OR/AS could you use it as a point above Ru/Sa/E. That's why the Frontier in HG/SS doesn't count for saying how much better it is than the originals. It debuted in Platinum and is thus a point for it alone making HG/SS not any worse on that front.
>>
>>33225135
>You brought up sales out of nowhere
>Clearly said "best selling remakes"

Next time you bring up sales in a post, look up the word "implication". You didn't say "best-selling" for no reason.

>dumb shits
Imagine being this retarded
>>
>>33225627
This is why the games as a whole are going downhill. They keep removing things for no good reason and not adding things worth more points than they've taken out meaning the points in favor of them being good are consistently going down.
>>
>>33221053
"No."
>>
>>33221094
how dare (U)
>>
>>33225627
Guy who posted >>33221142 here. I wasn't trying to argue whether or not ORAS were good games or not, especially since a lot of people are pretty set on either loving it or hating it, but rather just posted why I personally preferred them to RSE. I don't see why it's not okay for people to mention features that are already in other games as a positive for another one. After all, the Battle Frontier from Platinum and phys/spec split from DP further improve on HGSS compared to the originals, and give people more of a reason to play it. It might be the same as what was in Platinum and DP, but those features, along with general refinements from Gen III and DPPt, the old Johto features from GSC, and new features introduced in HGSS, are what might interest people. The same would go for ORAS. People could be into XY's PSS, Amie and Super Training, Gen IV, V and VI's refinements, enjoy Hoenn as a region or what it had to offer, and like new features like the Dexnav, making them overall enjoy ORAS.
>>
File: 1476122613450.png (2MB, 885x1565px) Image search: [Google]
1476122613450.png
2MB, 885x1565px
Nah.
>>
>>33221053
I drink to that.
>>
>>33225992
Different regions differents lanscapes, also R/S was plain and ugly as fuck
Bad thing they decide make a copypasta
>>
>>33221053
They're better than the originals and the third version but that doesn't make them good.
>>
File: route 46 (gsc, hgss).png (427KB, 831x1976px) Image search: [Google]
route 46 (gsc, hgss).png
427KB, 831x1976px
>>33225992
>HGSS tries keeping everything they possibly can content-wise
>redesigns the routes to take advantage of the improvements in hardware and graphics

>ORAS does the opposite and makes all the routes as intentionally blocky as possible
It's like the devs were intentionally trying to do everything wrong
>>
>>33225992
But ORAS looks better than XY
>>
>>33222222
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.