[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After the failure witnessed today, let's have a positive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (134KB, 871x917px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 871x917px
After the failure witnessed today, let's have a positive thread to post the real highlights of this franchise
>>
>>33216929
gladly, holy shit. one reveal of one pokemon and everybody is screaming that the franchise is dead, etc.

emerald and platinum are iconic, and b2w2 made me love the series all over again after dropping it since pearl. and i really like their experiments with the game, trying out how we'd like megas, player customization, amie, z moves, tweak upon tweak of existing mechanics, and dropping the battle frontier so they can introduce the black tower/white treehollow/battle chateau/battle tree/etc. the reveal was lackluster, but it was just a reveal of one pokemon. and it just leaves me guessing: is there going to be new pokemon? the vagueness of news is familiar, what am i looking forward to this fall? it makes me eager to play the game anyway just to see what other things and ideas they want to play with with us, y know?
>>
>>33216929
>have a positive thread to post the real highlights of this franchise

Why did you post blaziken?
>>
>>33216929
I gotta say, hasn't Pokemon been through worse than just lazy reskins?
>>
>>33217027
And here's the crux of the issue. We say post highlights and that's a low point for someone else. We say post lowpoints, then that's someone's high point. Threads like this, like /vp/, are doomed to clusterfucks everyone shoving opinions down the throat of everyone else.
>>
>>33216929

Amount of New Pokémon per-generation.
>>
>>33217012
It's not necessarily a new Pokemon, rather a different form, and it's probably going to be one of several.
>>
Swadloon is pretty cute.
>>
>>33217090
gen 1: 151
gen 2: 100
gen 3: 135
gen 4: 107
gen 5: 156
gen 6: 72
gen 7: 81

average is about 114.5

gen 5 was way too much, gen 6 was way too little
>>
>>33217099
kinda looking forward to how they'll do dawn version. never liked lycanroc, but apparently lots of people still liked the alternate forme. wasn't a total flop desu.
>>
>>33217063
Yes, but this is a lazy reskin after a period of radio silence following the announcement of games that are themselves lazy reskins.
There was little reason to have hope for them in the first place and this was the first thing they decided to show off about them after two billion years.
>>
Since not as many people here are going to, I'm gonna share what I felt were the series' more recent highlights.

First of all, Kalos. Gen 6 wasn't the best game in the series by any means, a lot of you folks hate it even. But you gotta admit, as a region, in terms of concept and atmosphere, Kalos was pretty damn nice. And I'm gonna use that word. That's right, "comfy". Kalos was fuckin' comfy. More than Alola, even though I'd argue SM was better overall than XY.

How about them Megas, though? Pretty much the polar opposite of what happened today, were new forms of Pokemon that REALLY were hype. They were an exciting way to power up Pokemon that needed it(and some that didn't really need it so much), and the designs were just fuckin' awesome.

And more on cool designs. Why can't we show some objectmons some love? Not a fan of the ice cream myself, or the keys. But the gears, the swords, the sandcastle, I loved those.
>>
>>33217162
Fuck, the OP in my nametag was leftover from another thread I actually am OP of. To clarify, I am NOT the OP of this thread.
>>
File: Pokéathlon_art.png (1MB, 1350x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Pokéathlon_art.png
1MB, 1350x1158px
Whether you liked HGSS or not, you have to admit, the Pokéathlon was the best competition minigame in the series.
>>
>>33217203
>tfw it's the one thing Seedot is good at
>>
File: pokemans_604.gif (13KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pokemans_604.gif
13KB, 600x600px
Good idea
>>
>>33217027
Because she's cute?
>>
>>33217203
I honestly never gave it a shot, I was too busy abusing the Pokewalker.
>>
>>33217131
>gen 5 was way too much
said no one
>>
File: images (21).jpg (36KB, 354x415px) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
36KB, 354x415px
To me, the Battle Frontier has always been one of the best features in Pokemon. You have different kinds of facilities that have their own gimmick on how battling will go for you. You can go to the Battle Tower and do some nice, traditional battling, but if you want more or if you're tired of plain old battling, you can try out the other facilities. With all of these different facilities, the game encourages you to try out all kinds of Pokemon and build competitive strategies to ensure victory.

It also helps that not only is the Battle Frontier all something we love doing in the Pokemon games, but it also helps that it's in the post-game. Feel like playing the games again, but only for battling? Go to the Battle Frontier. Want to try out new Pokemon and use them in different teams and strategies? Go to the Battle Frontier. The Battle Maison/Tree are fun too, but sometimes I want to do more than just Battle Tower-esque battling all the time.

The Battle Frontier has been designed specifically for players who are passionate about battling, and it shows how much effort GF poured into it. It's hard collecting all of the Golden Symbols/Prints, but not impossible. And when you manage to collect them all, it feels just so satisfying.
>>
>>33217131
There is never too many, unless it's because of lack of data space.
>>
>>33217423
>Battle Frontier
Give up, it's not returning.
>>
File: 57462962_p2.png (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
57462962_p2.png
45KB, 600x600px
>>33217106
Swadloon is VERY cute.
>>
Don't wanna beat a limp dick, but I truly enjoyed what Pokemon Black and White 2 offered when it came to the many improvements of 1, a polarizing game to say the least, even though I liked it. If there were highlights I had to choose from, they would have to be the PWT and White Treehollow, or Black Tower if you got Black 2. Post game facilities, yes, but the Tower/Treehollow can scale up to the 80s in terms of levels and I like the whole find the right trainer objective and the showdown with Benga. The PWT is self explanatory, though I wish it also included E4 members from Kanto to Unova as well.
>>
>>33217579
I never said I wish it would return. I just want to find the time to gush about how much I love it, and this is the right thread for it.
>>
File: 53386708_p0.jpg (303KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
53386708_p0.jpg
303KB, 600x750px
Some megas were not a mistake
>>
>>33217131
>gen 5 was way too much
wtf? that's one of the best thins of gen 5. Finally a gen that had even more new pokemon than the first one.
After the dissapointment of gens 6 and 7 I'm still waiting for another gen with +150 new pokemon.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.