[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqU 3A7WLPw8 https://www.you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: l_5641aa925c5eb_thumb.jpg (53KB, 404x244px) Image search: [Google]
l_5641aa925c5eb_thumb.jpg
53KB, 404x244px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqU3A7WLPw8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp7SGHXmpNU

Why is Pokemon not like this?

How is it that DQM, a series that sells a fraction of what Pokemon does and has very little presence outside of Japan, manages to have things like:

>monsters appearing at variable sizes in battle and the overworld
>riding your Pokemon, not just generic Surfing sprites or pre-set Rider Pager Pokemon, or using Fly AKA Zoom from Dragon Quest
>using your Pokemon to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles outside of generic HM moves
>much more detailed graphics

I mean, at the end of the day the animations and battle systems are still as outdated looking as Pokemon. But there's actual ambition shown here, they're really trying to make something that surpasses what was possible on the Game Boy and DS.

Meanwhile, basically everything in Sun and Moon apart from the graphics could be done on the Game Boy Advance and most could even be done on the Game Boy with some creative programming.
>>
Game Freak is the answer.
>>
you answered your question. Why would game freak go through all that trouble when it sells way more than DQM. they dont have put in the same effort. they have a fanbase will buy and defend what they make because it was their ”childhood series”
>>
File: The_answer.png (196KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
The_answer.png
196KB, 480x359px
>>33216788
>>
>>33216788
Horii actually loves his series Masuda doesn't
>>
>>33216899
>>33216829

You in your heart of hearts knows it
Pokemon doesn't do anything cool in games because they know that this shit will sell no matter what.
Otherdevelopers put more love in their games; but pokefans here will bitch and complain how everything else is shit and over designed; yet defend this same stale crap to the end of time.

Think about it, if there was a bad link game there would be hell to pay. Bad pokemon game? NO problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's honestly why I stopped playing pokemon games altogether, they aren't going the extra mile and are producing mediocre games.

Look at Digimon (recently with namco's acquisition),Medarot, Dragon quest monsters, their games are at least decent and look like there was at least effort put into them.
>>
I'd play the shit out of dqmj if it had a UK release. Dragon quest does so much right.
>>
>>33216788
Because dragón quest is better
>>
>>33216864
Gen V is the best gen, after the sheer nostalgia power of gen I. It did so many things right it looks ahead of its time compared to VI and VII.
>>
>>33216960
then dont play the games. whether you play it or not Pokemon making billions regardless
>>
>>33216788
>make a big deal about Pokeride
>You can ride Pokemon!*
>*limited selection only of Pokemon that aren't yours
>more rideable monsters in this single DQ trailer than the entirety of SM
>also aren't forced to wear retard gear like Pokeride
Fuck Gamefreak.
>>
>>33219339
>>33219339
I skipped gen 3, then stop altogethre at gen 4.....................
Why are you so brainwashed?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.