[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We will never get a pair of games as good as these two ever again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: heartgold-soulsilver.jpg (52KB, 460x210px) Image search: [Google]
heartgold-soulsilver.jpg
52KB, 460x210px
We will never get a pair of games as good as these two ever again. The amount of detail and love put into these two games will never be seen again. Gone are the frontiers, gone are the event locations, gone are the quality sprites and the sense of adventure. RIP Pokemon 1996 - 2010
>>
>>33215185
Honestly, I'll just buy US/UM, and if those games suck as well. THEN, I'm leaving.... for a short while - I'll take a small hiatus, until Gen 8 hype brings me back! :)
>>
>>33215185
Never got why people suck HGSS's dick so much. Every time I try to go back into it, I get burnt out so much more quickly than the other games.

There's nothing to do until Kanto.
>>
>>33215185
Soul Silver was and still is my favorite official game.
>>
>>33215370
Are you a storyfag?
>>
>>33215384
No, fuck that noise. I can't get into SM either because the story stops me every five seconds

It's a complete slog, like HGSS, but for entirely different reasons
>>
>>33215341
I left halfway through Gen 6. I was expecting the best games in the series thinking GF couldn't possibly fuck up a simple remake and they did. It didn't help that the previous game was mediocre and Gen 5 was maybe okay at best.
>>
>>33215185
(you)
>>
oh boy another genwar thread, how exciting
>>
>>33215185
Umm can you delete this thread please?? I wanted to make a thread praising Gen 2 but I don't want to post it while there's another one already
>>
>>33215370
Nostalgia, two regions, content, Pokemon variety. The games still have distribution issues and that low level curve but the positives outweigh the negatives enough for people to praise them.

I'm pretty sure HGSS/GSC are the most praised Pokemon games both in /vp/ and out.
>>
>>33215370
But all of the best gameplay things are in Johto. The Pokeathelon, the Frontier, the Bug Catching Contest, the Game Corner, etc

>>33215185
HGSS is good, but BW2 is at least just as good
>>
>>33215453
how sensitive are you that this counts as a genwar thread?
>>
>>33215506
>Pokeathlon
Agree
>Frontier
Postgame
>Bug Catching Contest
How the hell is this an interesting gameplay mechanic?
>Game Corner
Voltorb Flip isn't interesting

My main gripe with the games is that you basically have to get to Kanto for the good part of the games to begin. And I usually get burnt out before I can make it to the Radio Tower takeover.
>>
>>33215185
With both Black and White 1 and 2, we actually got even better games.
>>
>>33215541
Voltorb Flip is great. And while the Bug Catching COntest isnt the most interesting (it is at leas =t an alteration to how we do something normally, which breaks the pace a bit) it is still more interesting than anything in Kanto where the only real appeal is playing a pokemon game with no instructions as to where to go and all pathways unlocked. Which is definitely good, I admit
>>
>>33215541
>>Bug Catching Contest
>How the hell is this an interesting gameplay mechanic?
You get exotic choices in Bugs apart from the typical early route mons very early on, and chances at getting good evolution stones and other prizes.
>>
>>33215541
>Voltorb flip
>not interesting
shit taste desu
>>
>Pokemon
>quality sprites
>HGSS
>not raping the sense of adventure out of GSC
>Emerald
>not the only game with a good Frontier
>>
>>33215185
I dont like HGSS, so fuck it.
I dont think they are bad, they just dont give me as much enjoyment as the other games
>>
File: Beasts.jpg (56KB, 400x437px) Image search: [Google]
Beasts.jpg
56KB, 400x437px
Beast trio when? These glorious motherfuckers are much better looking than the birds.
>>
>>33215603
>calling HGSS sprites bad
shitposting
>>
>>33215684
No Pokemon game except Crystal has "good" sprites for its hardware.
>>
>>33215571
This.
>>
>>33215541
>Voltorb Flip isn't interesting
stay pleb you fucking idiot
>>
>>33215185
Wow, it's totally the contrary for me.
>>
I mean, I frickin' loved HGSS as a child, and there was nothing better than seeing that colorful world, but having grown up and all I can see it's very lackluster. The only good things it had were the walking Pokémon, the high ammount of events (which added more to worldbuilding) and the remake-exclusive features.
>>
File: 1494139561554.png (88KB, 305x415px) Image search: [Google]
1494139561554.png
88KB, 305x415px
>>33215341
>I'm so unsatisfied with the series I'll buy the next games, and then not buy any games from the series until the next one after that
>>
It was a perfect close for what I considered the first phase of Pokémon.
>>
>>33215541
>Kanto is the good part of the games

Plebeian opinion. Johto is full of shit to explore and do. Union Cave, Whirl Islands, Mt. Mortar, Ruins of Alph, Dark Cave, Safari Zone area. Kanto is nice but it doesn't compare at all to the cool shit Johto has to offer.
>>
Don't think I even finished Soul Silver. Johto's tiny with almost no room for exploration and Kanto was, and is still, a bore. The best part about the games was the puzzles and little events that dotted the game. Then again, I don't really succumb to nostalgia, so eh.
>>
>>33215185
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.