[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're coming up on 4 years now, what do you think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

File: pkx.jpg (67KB, 576x250px) Image search: [Google]
pkx.jpg
67KB, 576x250px
We're coming up on 4 years now, what do you think about Pokemon X and Y?
>>
>>33208542
they exist
>>
They were pretty good. I liked a lot of the outdoor environments and friend safari was a neat concept.
>>
Better than sun and moon that's saying alot because there not even good games
>>
>>33208542
I think I'll give in and buy them now.
>>
>>33208542
it's surprisingly charming. i still replay x ever so often
>>
>>33208542
A good game but not a great game.
>>
>>33208542
Slow
>>
>>33208542
forever marred and stained by not having a game/pair of games to fix what was broken in XY
>>
>>33208654
I wish they'd made a third version that ironed out the problems and had a higher difficulty setting.

Lots of great pokemon additions in that gen though.
>>
>>33208688
Why are you fags obsessed with rebuying the same games over and over?
>please third version so I can have two of the same game but one is version 1.1
>>
>>33208542
meh
>>
Good pacing for the first few gyms.
>>
>>33208542
Loved them. I bought both.
>>
>>33208703
because those versions/sequels make bad games good and if you enjoyed the overall region/dex and whatnot of the games, youd want a game that fixes everything that sucked. It's the same reason why people enjoy/buy remakes. They're an improved version of the original
>>
>>33208542
After re-playing it twice, I have to say that the translation and writing was pretty garbage.

And I know it's a meme that Gen 6 games are notoriously easy, but compared to the underwhelming mess of the Gen 3 remakes, X and Y actually have a challenge if you think it the other way if you turn off the EXP. Share.
>>
>>33208542
Bought X on Monday, I like it a lot
>>
>>33208742
Yeah but people buy remakes that come out several years later, not just 1.
>>
I haven't replayed them yet, I didn't like them much at the time.
>>
>>33208542
After replaying it, I easily prefer it over SM, but neither is really great. XY is just a lot less shit. I'd rate it as "tolerable",
>>
I honestly love them. Kalos is beautiful, more than Alola (even with all the graphic improvements).
>>
>>33208743
funny enough, XY have the highest level champion of all pokemon games

Of course, that doesn't fix the easy team and the E4 having only 4 pokemon problem...or any other glaring problems with XY
>>
>>33208542
Features: good.
Content: lacking.
>>
>>33208542
all the 3DS games are meh, great but heavily missed potential
>>
File: truth.png (90KB, 954x346px) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
90KB, 954x346px
>>33208542
They're some of my favourite Pokemon games. I only have HG/SS and the directors cut versions above them. No hyperbole.

X & Y get shit on way more than they deserve imo. The new Pokemon were awesome after the abortion that was Gen V's dex, the PSS was a godsend and made trading and battling damn near built into the main adventure, and the QOL improvements (especially in the area of breeding competitive Pokemon) really helped make everything more accessible. Cool features like Trainer Customisation and the Friend Safari were the cherries on top.

Granted, most of the things people hate Gen 6 for aren't issues for me at all. The story is shit, yes, but I don't think the story of *any* Pokemon is good. Yes, even Gen V with their PETA bullshit. I don't play Pokemon for their terrible narratives and vapid dialogue. I play them because I enjoy assembling a team that I like and making them more powerful. XY with their massive regional dex makes them really replayable for me.

The other big criticism is the lack of postgame content, and while can't really dispute that...it didn't matter to me because breeding competitive mons, shinies and battling online was my postgame. That period of time before Bank was released and everyone was trading with each other for 5IV mons was fucking magic.
>>
>>33208542
The story sucked, the nap was kinda meh, but everything else gameplay-wise was as excellent as it's ever been.

The new Pokemon roster was also fantastic. Honestly, it feels like one of the more complete and quality > quantity batches we've ever got.
>>
>>33208927 (this question is open to anyone honestly)
how do you like to build a team? when I played I did fall into looking up type weaknesses and had the XP share on and I think it dampened my experience of the game
>>
>>33208542
They were great, especially with 3D models after BW/2's disgusting pixelled-mons. And, they are the most re-playable games in 3D generation, especially compared to S/M.
>>
>>33209004
I admit I ended up spoiled by the game leaking 1-2 weeks early so I kinda knew the whole dex and made a pre-planned team before getting the game ( I didn't know the type of some of the evolutions though, e.g. Dragalge)

Exp share, however? Never
>>
>>33208542

Bad story, bad rivals, utterly butchered all the potential it had. Had some great legendary designs and the Dex was great, so pretty sad to see Gamefreak couldn't pull through with everything else.
>>
>>33209004
Well I always turn off Exp. Share for one. That makes the game slightly more challenging.

And I don't have any hard rules for teambuilding. In a new generation I try to use only new Pokemon, and that was very easy in Y. I also try not to double up on types, but I don't really care about weaknesses and resistances for the main playthrough. The games aren't hard enough for that even with Exp. Share, and you can usually get complete coverage with TM's anyway. I'd happily have three flying types on my team if I was really feeling using those Pokemon. If it makes the game harder that's only a good thing.

In my first playthrough of Y I used Greninja, Talonflame, Pangoro, Aegislash, Heliolisk & Tyrantrum. Loved that team to bits.
>>
Great game, basic post game though but as the first games on 3ds that was excusable. One thing I didn't like though. France is a multicultural country now. French culture is dead. It needed more Muslim representation and all women should have worn hijabs. I mean where are the Muslim Pokémon. Muslim people are more important than the French!
>>
They came out the same day my sister got married, I remember getting the game and playing it in between setting up. I love the games and they'll always be special to me.
>>
>>33209004
Every new gen, I only use new pokemon, based on designs that I like..If I really like more than 6, the ones that make it to my team in the 1st playthrough are ones that have a wider type coverage I guess

Used Greninja, Meowstic (F), Dragalge, Aurorus, Mega Zard X (the megastone traded from my friend and i made an exception for it because the mega was something semi-new) and Sylveon
>>
>>33209066
I would love to smash your dumb alt right /pol/ face into a bloody pulp. Kill yourself.
>>
File: alolangolem.png (66KB, 319x270px) Image search: [Google]
alolangolem.png
66KB, 319x270px
>>33209066
Here you go
>>
>>33209157
Yes I am alt right from pol. But France will eventually be under sharia law so XY should have been Muslim themed.
>>
>>33209157
edgy
>>
>>33208542
I didn't think I could like a Pokemon game any less than Pearl, but I couldn't even finish X.

The pacing was majorly fucked, took forever to get to the 2nd gym but from that point onward it was several in a row.
The riding segments were terrible and when I realized I'd have to do one at the Ice Gym I quit the game.
Story was shit, which is usual for a Pokemon game, but the villain seemed especially lame and the rivals all sucked. At least the Team Flare Admins had cool outfits.
The 3D Models were neat, but it's inexcusable to have lag in a fucking Pokemon game, even in 2D mode.
Music was acceptable, as in every Pokemon game.
The low amount of new Pokemon seemed cheap to me, because I'm not at all interested in Megas. I struggled to find 6 new Pokemon that I liked to use on my team. I realize it has a fuckhuge Dex, so maybe it would be more fun to not limit myself to the shitty Kalos Pokemon only.
Having the trading/battling with random trainers just on the bottom screen was perfect, and basically gave the game all the functionality of an MMO without any of the drawbacks, I loved it, I'm disgusted that Gamefreak took a step backward and obfuscated all the mechanics with that Fetival Plaza bullshit.
Trainer customization was a fun idea, but felt very limited.

It had some good elements, but mostly everything I liked about it was done better by Moon. I can't see myself ever wanting to return to Kalos.
>>
I'll never get over how much Chespin and its evolutionary line sucks, or how much love Greninja got. Froakie was actually my favorite until Greninja started getting too much attention.

You were right all along Fennekin-fags.
>>
I'm playing it now

I like it. Not the same charm as my first pokemon game but i'm an old shit now
>>
>>33208542
I kinda feel like buying it just to catch the legendaries
>>
>>33209280
Gamefly?
>>
>>33209280
Well did they finally fix the flashcarts for 3ds yet?
>>
>>33208542
It is shit and has almost made me given up on the franchise.
>>
>>33208542
Fun games. Meh story and no difficulty, even with Exp Share off, but still fun. Some interesting towns and soundtracks. I know some people disliked it, but I loved the wide variety of Pokemon from all 6 Gens to choose from. Postgame sucked, but that is every Poke game. Annoying "friend" characters, but that is only minor.

A solid 6-7/10. Gets too much hate.
>>
>>33209375
Also forgot that while it was repetitive, Super Training was an addition I liked and wish they brought back. To actually be able to EV train without battling a ton of certain Pokemon was nice.
>>
>>33208542
It was quite alright.
The highlights were the fashion, the environments looking pretty and soft, the hype surrounding the leaks, introducing the Fairy-type and having a few good designs.
I forgive it for being slow and rough in a few spots in the same way I forgive Diamond/Pearl for being slow and unpolished. D/P were the first games on the DS and X/Y were the first on the 3DS.

However, I loathe X/Y as it set a standard that the games that were made afterwards barely raised or didn't raise at all. The 3DS Pokemon engine was never polished and oiled up to work as well HGSS/Platinum and we never got endgame, for one.
>>
Kalos was a cool region. Once again Japanese Europe pulls through.

Fairy is a cool type and a lot of the Pokemon it added/modified made for an interesting change to player battles.

Megas are by-and-large awesome and mega Beedrill is my shit.

It was WAY too easy of a game.

The music was fucking STELLAR.
>>
>>33209375
>>33209398
This. There's flaws here and there, but most of them are minor. It also introduced so many fun features and I'm sad that a lot of them aren't around anymore in SM.

Not the best games, but I always enjoy replaying it. It gets too much hate.
>>
>>33208703
Because I don't want to wait for over a year for the third version to come out to play in the new region with new pokemon?

And by the time the third version is coming out, I like the idea of playing a better version of the game I've had for a year.

Obviously I'd prefer third version tier quality at the get-go, that's not possible with Gamefreak in charge.
>>
>>33208542
I hated this game fir years. Funny, as SM came out and the months have passed, I've kept reconsidering and eventully upgrading my opinion of them.
They were not good, but yet they are the best 3DS pokemon game (not the one with more content though, which is ORAS).
This game got a perfect pacing till cyllage city, an awesome enviroment (unlike that cluster that's Alola), especially for the southern Kalos, and overall Kalos was also pretty big.
This game made breeding clear to masses, had the best online to date, has the highesr QoL features.
Also pre-bank XY was something unique in my decade-long pokemon experience.
There was a fkb run, everybody was trading pokemon and changing friend codes to get safaris, there were a reinassance of the trading community throughout the internet. Also in general pre-bank metas were pretty fun, with people experimenting megas and new mons.
Now, it had a shitton of problems, but i think those problems were all caused by missing potential. Story, characters, lore, the megas itself I hated, it all seemed rushed. Maybe a pokemon Z in 2015 or even 2016 that fixed those shit could have saved those games. Overall, I think this is the first gen, counting also its follow-up, that didn't manage to outdid it predecessor. Till gen 5, it was an upward flight with gen 5 at its zenith. Then gen 7, so far without USM, managed to do worse than gen 6 itself.
Those seem to be the declining years to me, yet I think XY was the last enjoyable experience pre-Ohmori era.
>>
>>33209066
Fuck off to /pol/
>>
>>33209157
it was just bait you fool
>>
It's pretty mediocre but I really love the Kalos region itself and many more subjective aspects of the game, which makes a lack of Z to make it actually good extremely dissapointing
>>
>>33208542
A complete waste of my money
>worst region
>worst villain team
>most pathetic "rivals"
>mediocre story
>Kalos region is a complete mess
>Introduced the shitty concept of Mega evolution
>The least amount of new pokemon, doesnt help that its regional pokedex has more old pokemon
>>
File: VSAroma_Lady.png (70KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
VSAroma_Lady.png
70KB, 400x240px
It had trainer customization, one of my favorite features in the series. So that's something.
I wish ORAS had it too, since it's my favorite of the three 3DS games so far.
>>
>>33209515
This. We really should have had Gen 6's Platinum.
>>
File: 4Chan rules.png (33KB, 394x482px) Image search: [Google]
4Chan rules.png
33KB, 394x482px
>>33209481
>>33209157
Global Rule #1 on 4chan: Do not reply to bait
>>
8/10

Good female trainer customization.
Everything pre-victory road is solid.
Growing berries was a fun mini-game.
Main story was interesting to me.
Lysander seemed like an uber rich guy using his money for selfishness which I think was a good villain.
Xerneas is a solid legendary.
Music overall very good.
>>
>>33209799
What about Y?
>>
>>33209805
Never played it. Just traded for Yveltal.
>>
>>33208542
Mediocre games but they're really easy to get into.
>>
While Kalos's biggest sin imo was it's long-ass opening, Alola makes it really pale in comparison.

Pokemon really needs to take a page from the Mario & Luigi games and streamline their tutorials.
>>
>>33210059
Didn't the M&L games have tutorials out the ass in later installments?
>>
>>33210081
The tutorials are as long as ever, but starting in Paper Jam they learned their lesson and relegated almost all tutorials to a guidebook that could be reviewed at leisure.
>>
>>33208542
If ORAS is the Beta for Sun and Moon, XY is the Alpha.

Gen 6 is my least favorite out of them all. Kalos is so boring and dull. The music is not very good, with only a few standout tracks. Villainous team is awful, with sn awful theme, and a wasted potential Boss. The region itself is nice in some spots, such as route 14, 15, and 16, but it all feels messy and the variance in geography and biomes feel very forced and slapped on, nothing is cohesive.

I felt very let down by X and Y, really wish they could have been better.
>>
>>33208542
Garbage/10
>>
They were good, absolutely loved the megas, new pokemon (especially sylveon), the setting with the French theme was brilliant.

My only complaints is the balance/difficulty. The exp. share made it too easy (it probably is with it off) and fairies are BROKEN. Diantha was literally click moonblast to win.
>>
>>33208542
Incredibly average games. They make S/M seem like masterpieces.
>>
7,5/10 they added some pretty good stuff that i reallu enjoied, i liked the musics, almost all of the new pokemon, the new overworld style and other stuff. But in their gen the new exp share was added and i didn't really feel the presence of the legendary pokemon in the story essencially the leg does nothing
>>
>>33211146
Same guy here, one other big flaw is that the villain and the chsmpion arent really memorable, meanwhile the gym leaders were ok and the cities too except for lumiose city, too big and the camera was just awful
>>
>>33208654
This. Did so much better than past games, especially with all the little in-jokes they have for those who really know the series but unfortunately they continue to leave shit out when nothing should be so they're just "good",
>>
>>33208542
TOO MANY GIFT POKEMON
>>
>>33208542
They did some things right, but they were extremely boring. At least they are btter than SM.
>>
>>33208542
I replayed XY a lot because of its solid 10/10 Pokédex but still wasn't a huge fan of the games.

In hindsight, Kalos is actually super fucking comfy.

A Z version would have been a fan favourite for sure.
>>
>>33208542
I like them, like every mainline pokemon game.
>>
>>33208542
Flawed, but not bad. Amazing how one person in SM manages to be more annoying than the entire Kalos group of friends put together
>>
>>33208927
what do you think about the fairy type and megas? cause those are some pretty big changes a lot of people didn't like.
>>
>>33208542
Comfy and fun for the most part, shame a 3rd version or sequel never happened
>>
>>33211667
Fairy is good in that it at least gives Poison something to do.

Megas are a fantastic concept, but I'd say their execution has been merely okay, what with some powerful Pokemon getting even more powerful.
>>
File: 1500113873349.png (340KB, 534x492px) Image search: [Google]
1500113873349.png
340KB, 534x492px
>>33211862
i feel fairy types are a solution to a problem that could be fixed without them: just make better ice types so they could stand up against dragons since the most op ones are quad weak to ice.

as for megas i'm probably biased since none of my favorites got one but i still feel it was a terrible concept. unless every mega was gonna be a beedrill situation where they minmax some shitmon they were just gonna make things worse for everyone. i actually liked z-moves more than megas because they affected every pokemon istead of a select few.
>>
Don't remind me. I jacked my friends 3ds and copy of y in exchange for drugs and deleted his save file and only made it to the 3rd gym before he cried like a little bitch and took it back. Yeah i still want to play the game
>>
>>33208542
Still the same as when I first played it: incredibly charming main story with a ridiculous roster of pokemon to choose from, the best version of pokemon gameplay (megas >zmoves), but the most anticlimatic E4 and champion.

no game makes it easier for you to build an amazing team, which is where I find most fun in pokemon, I just wish whatever amazing team you built was truly tested in the end. th exp-share is not the root of this problem, I like using it, just raise the difficuilty of battles accordingly, especially in the end
>>
>>33211542
what person would that be?
>>
File: 1501761789840.jpg (30KB, 236x579px) Image search: [Google]
1501761789840.jpg
30KB, 236x579px
Way to easy, too many long dialogs, too many annoying characters. I still enjoyed it but it is definitely my least fave main game. at least it introduced some pretty cool new pokemon designs
>>
>>33208542
Shitty game, fuck you for destroying the VGC community of my country.
>>
They were good games as games. Better than SM.

I think that the lack of a 3rd version to polish them up helps towards their criticism. Platinum is much more loved than DP, and without it there'd be more of Gen4 to criticise.
>>
>>33208542
Currently replaying X, having a lot of fun with it.
>>
>>33208542
One of the more fun Pokemon games. A true last bastion of quality in this franchise.
>>
>>33212642
>fuck you for destroying the VGC community of my country.
Which country? What happened anon?
>>
Better than everything that came after it.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.