[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that this is the only fanmade type that actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (193KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
193KB, 1280x720px
Can we all agree that this is the only fanmade type that actually makes sense.

>Inb4 muh Psychic

No, the cosmic type would apply to any Pokemon that is directly or is rumored to be from space, have "alien
-like" qualities, or can control/manipulate the fundamental forces of the universe, such as light, gravity, atoms, black holes,etc. or can manipulate cosmic based energies.

And I'm sorry, there's nothing "Psychic" about being from a different world, or being able to manipulate time and space.
>>
>>33204507
>Can we all agree that this is the only fanmade type that actually makes sense

No? It's even worse than Sound. "Cosmic" doesn't actually mean anything. Being able to manipulate "fundamental forces of the universe" already applies to nearly every other fucking type in the game.
>>
>>33204507
>would apply to Pokemon that have "alien-like" qualities
As of 04/08/17, we have no idea what aliens look like, with this logic every Pokémon could be cosmic type.
>>
File: IMG_20170804_204133.jpg (56KB, 960x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170804_204133.jpg
56KB, 960x549px
>>33204518
Nigger what? Out of all of them this has the most justification.
>>
>>33204558
Thats not how powers work. Not everything that comes from space has space controlling powers.
>>
File: cosmic type.png (1MB, 1874x1291px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic type.png
1MB, 1874x1291px
>>33204507
I think it's a cool concept, but it's one of those things that's kind of narrow. Pic related is the list I recall for it, but some of them are really stretching it. You could make a case for some Alola mons, too, though, since this pic is outdated, and it would get to about the numbers Fairy had on release.

I've never seen a good pitch for type-matchups, attacks, general themes, etc though outside of taking Cosmic Power and Gravity
>>
>>33204507
>HURR WHY WON'T GAMEFREAK USE MY IDEAS DON'T THEY KNOW HOW INTELLIGENT I AM
>>
>>33204518
Nothing is worse than Sound, not even Smell type, at least smell makes sense
>>
Theoretical Cosmic type:

>Offense

>Strong Against

Water, Fairy, Flying

>Weak against

Normal, Steel, Rock, Ice and itself

>Defense

>Weak to

Normal, Dragon, Steel

>Resists

Water, Fairy, Flying and itself
>>
>>33204558
Yes except coming from outside of earth isn't actually relevant from anything.

A rock that comes from outer space is still a fucking rock.
>>
>>33205002
Reminder that a rock came to earth and became what is now known as Deoxys
>>
Alien/Cosmic definitely makes sense because it describes the physical makeup of the Pokémon AND the nature of an attack, which Sound type only does the latter.

I'm in support of it since Pokémon's stale ass battle systems needs any shakeup that it can get.
>>
>>33204507
No, it doesn't make sense. Psychic type covers all of the ground Cosmic could. See: Cosmic Power, Cosmog line, Elgyem line, Solrock and Lunatone, Sigilyph, Deoxys, Jirachi, Baltoy line, Gothita line, Beldum line, etc.

Psychic type is associated with space, and it's been that way forever. There's zero reason for a "Cosmic" type.
>>
>>33204507
Saying "inb4 muh Psychic" doesn't make it any less valid

Cosmic type is a fucking stupid idea. Psychic is already the "space and stars" type.
>>
>>33205150
Just like normal was the type of generic pink pokemon
>>
>>33205159
>two lines of pink Pokemon were retyped from Normal to Fairy
>all others were already some other type
wow sure showed me

Go through all of the mons that have an astral connection. Clefairy and Clefable are the only two that aren't Psychic type. It's not the same at all.
>>
>>33205066
No because "cosmic" doesn't describe a Pokemon's physical attributes. All it describes is where it came from.

A cosmic rock is still just a rock.
Cosmic water is still just water.
>>
>Prehistoric type

Can we all agree that this is the only fanmade type that actually makes sense.

>Inb4 muh Rock

No, the prehistoric type would apply to any Pokemon that is directly or is rumored to be from the distant past, have "dinosaur/primordial
-like" qualities, or can control/manipulate the primal essence of all things, such as bones, dinosaurs, fossils, evolution, etc. or can manipulate primordial based energies.

And I'm sorry, there's nothing "Rock" about being from a former time period, or being a big dinosaur or prehistoric ocean creature.
>>
I don't care what the autists on /vp/ say Sound is the only one that makes sense and it'll happen one day just like Fairy.
>>
>>33205183
Aliens would very likely have completely different chemical and genetic makeup from anything on Earth, not to mention something coming from space would have been bombarded with cosmic radiation.

In addition, a cosmic rock is not just a rock, they usually are high in silicon or heavy metals that are common in space but not on Earth, and that's not taking into account the sheer age of most space rocks, and the various conditions they've been in that create strange crystals and glass.
>>
>>33205259
>Aliens would very likely have completely different chemical and genetic makeup from anything on Earth
not really

>something coming from space would have been bombarded with cosmic radiation
that's great but it still doesn't actually mean anything relevant to the type relationships in Pokemon.

>In addition, a cosmic rock is not just a rock, they usually are high in silicon or heavy metals
A rock made of different material is still just a rock. i.e. it would still be rock type. It doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>33204923
Sound is rife with flaws, but at least it has a sizable amount of moves and abilities going for it, unlike Cosmic.
>>
>>33205214
I don't understand how "the primal essence of things" is different from rocks that Rock Pokémon can already control.

Dinosaurs are just animals that aren't around anymore and they're no more connected to "primordial" times than humans are. The time between when dinosaurs existed and when humans did is a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of life on Earth and lots of animals from before or recently after their extinction are still around.

If you have a Dinosaur type you might as well just have Reptile type or Mammal type.

The reason fossil Pokémon are Rock type is either because they were revived from fossils or because Rock was somehow one of the earliest Pokémon types.
>>
>>33205314
Anon. That's the joke.
>>
>>33205286
A Pokémon made of silicon or heavy metals would be as different from one made of Earth rocks as Rock types are to Steel or Ground.

I'm not saying there SHOULD be a cosmic type, but if they could justify making Rock Ground and Steel all different types, they could definitely justify making Cosmic/Rock types for Pokémon like Solrock.
>>
>>33205143
That's because thats GF logic.

Please explain how having the ability to read minds is the same as being alien?
Plus Psychic is more mental than anything, not physical.
>>
File: 677Espurr_XY_anime-1.png (76KB, 391x500px) Image search: [Google]
677Espurr_XY_anime-1.png
76KB, 391x500px
>>33204507
i think we should have an autistic type. we can call it 'OP type'
>>
>>33205002
Just like being able the breathe ice automatically makes you an Ice type?
>>
>>33205214
No because "Prehistoric" doesn't describe a Pokemon's physical attributes. All it describes is where it came from.

A Prehistoric rock is still just a rock.
Prehistoric water is still just water
>>
>>33205419
Because Psychic type is the mysticism and occult-perception type, retard. Tarots, third eyes, astral readings, becoming one with the universe.

It's almost as if you haven't been with this franchise since Gen I. Cosmic type has no reason to exist because Psychic type has already covered everything.
>>
>>33205419
Psychic powers inherently have ties to aliens in a lot of movies, games, and literature. It's almost like you don't read.

Hell, Pokemon takes inspiration from MOTHER, where the source of all psychic powers was an alien named Giegue (that Mewtwo is also based off of).
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.