[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was told that these were the best Pokemon games, but holy fuck.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: DPP-Cover.png (1MB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DPP-Cover.png
1MB, 1200x1000px
I was told that these were the best Pokemon games, but holy fuck. Diamond progressed at a snail's pace. Broke out an emulator for Platinum, and I'm bored the 5th badge in.

When exactly does it get good? I want to like it. The locales and music are nice, but the pacing is just poor.
>>
The plot picks up after the 6th gym, the pacing is still pretty slow though.
>>
>>33202187
Kek who the fuck told you that? Almost everyone but /vp/ think they're mediocre at best.
>>
File: worm-bait.jpg (820KB, 1015x1067px) Image search: [Google]
worm-bait.jpg
820KB, 1015x1067px
>>33202198
>Almost everyone but /vp/ think they're mediocre at best
Then tell us: what pokemon games are good?
>>
>>33202187
Only play Platinum, DP are trash
>>
>>33202207
Whichever one you like the most.
>>
>>33202207
Emerald is the only good core game made by game freak, hands down.

and its just good as a game freak game, not THAT good.

All pokemon games are shit besides combetitive.
>>
>>33202207
I feel like BW then BW2 are the only core games that can really stand up on their own, and together make the best experience with Pokemon that I've ever had.
>>
>>33202254
We couldn't disagree more. BW turned me so off from the series I didn't play BW2 until last year.

I love many of the Gen V Pokemon, but damn there's nothing about the region I enjoy.
>>
File: m6_4568778vi.png (16KB, 255x192px) Image search: [Google]
m6_4568778vi.png
16KB, 255x192px
>>33202198
>Kek who the fuck told you that?
From lurking here. Gen IV, particularly Platinum was the best Pokemon game and how comfy it is. I only had a handme down copy of Diamond, but it was just too unbearable to the point where I hunted down a Plat Rom for PC.

I'm just not having fun, honestly. I have more fun listening to the music and taking a stroll in Sinnoh than actually progressing.

>>33202195
Thanks. I'll try to keep up. Maybe I've just been spoiled on the later gens, or hell, even Fire Red and Emerald, with their smooth framerate.

I'm mostly just bummed is all. I strangely love Soul Silver though; even though it runs on the same engine as Platinum.
>>
>>33202354
That's because SoulSilver is one of the best games anon.
>>
>>33202354
>I have more fun listening to the music and taking a stroll in Sinnoh than actually progressing.
That'ls how Sinnoh is for me too.
>Maybe I've just been spoiled on the later gens, or hell, even Fire Red and Emerald, with their smooth framerate.
That might be it, I had fun playing it when it came out but it's age is really starting to show.
>>
>>33202270
BW2 redeemed BW for me. I feelt that I was blindly hating them for no reason so I replayed them after BW2 and BW are actually pretty good Pokémon games along with Emerald
>>
>>33202354
Honestly I would just ignore everything this board has to say about the games and make your own decisions about them. If you aren't enjoying the game put it down and try it again later.
>>
>>33202423
Yeah, even how I'm inching towards the 6th badge, I'm really going to put this down until later. Hopefully it'll be fun to go at a later round.

>>33202366
>>33202374
Yeah, it's sad that Gen IV's starting to show their age, but I can't help but feel that Gen IV is just hard to pick up, in comparison to HGSS.

Even games that this board doesn't find to be all that great like ORAS, I found to be just easy to pick up and go at it, without much pacing issues.

Which is saying something because I liked Omega Ruby as equally as much as Emerald for the general improvements that were carried over from previous generations.

Anyways, thanks y'all for your input on this. I'll just chill for a bit, instead of forcing myself.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.