[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Volcarona one of the best Pokemon to ever be created? >awesome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

Is Volcarona one of the best Pokemon to ever be created?
>awesome bug/fire type
>really cool and realistic design, can easily be passed as a design from any gen
>great moveset
>can be encountered below a neat desert ruins
>you can retrieve an egg of Larvesta through postgame
>it's treated like a special/legendary Pokemon
>it can breed
>it's powerful
Seriously what's not to like?
>>
why do autists love this thing so much
>>
>>33198528
>awesome bug/fire type

The fact that it's bug AND Fire and still can fuck shit up is a testament to it's awesome might.

Every mons that gets FUCKED with 4x steal rock damage yet this mon still stands strong
>>
I don't agree with a few of your points but my main problem with is is the name
Volcarona? What the fuck

Contemporize.

That said, none of it's a big deal because it's a pretty cool mon
>>
>>33198528
That there's no Bug/Ice or Bug/Fairy Luna moth counterpart

Aside from that it's literally perfect
>>
>>33198534
nah, i think actual autists wouldn't care for volcarona. they're too busy fapping to lucario and gardevoir.
>>
>>33198534
Nigga what the fuck are you talking about? This is like the first fucking thread about volcorona lmao.
>>
>>33198534
This. It's not bad but what the fuck is so special about it that half the board likes it? At least try to have an unique taste. Jesus.
>>
>>33198528
Isn't 100% female.
>>
>>33198528
Volc is okay but
>evolves at level 59
>>
>>33198528
>can easily be passed as a design from any gen
No it can't, it looks terrible, overdesigned, it definitely won't fit on the first 3 gens, maybe on the fourth one, just maybe
>>
>>33198574
>At least try to have an unique taste.
sorry that not everyone's favorite pokemon are luvdisc, farfetch'd and pachirisu like yours anon. we're all mindless sheep for having favorites that are different to yours, clearly.
>>
>>33198684
Did i said you have to like luvdisc? nope. But the are far more fire and bug types, and you have to like the most generic ones, rather than trying something different.
>>
>>33198699
>you have to like the most generic ones, rather than trying something
Are you retarded? If I like a pokemon I like it I don't go "Oh no x amount of other people also like it guess I don't like it anymore!".

Also trying something different? It's a pokemon you like how the hell do you try liking a different pokemon? Honestly this boards autism is too much for me.
>>
>>33198699

>and you have to like the most generic ones, rather than trying something different.

That line is the most autistic thing in this thread.
>>
>>33198534
Because breederfags are autists and Talonflame wasn't special enough so they went out of their way to get Volcarona for it instead. Volcarona's like a symbol of their autism.
>>
>>33198879
But volcarona came a whole generation before Talonflame so the idea that Talon wasn't special enough doesn't make sense. If anything, Volcarona was the default option.
>>
File: IMG_0623.png (1MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0623.png
1MB, 1174x881px
>>33198574
> unique taste
> i shouldn't like this mon because everyone likes it.

I love Garchomp. Why would I stop liking it because everyone else likes it?

>inb4 you just like it cuz its strong

It looks cool AND its pretty damn strong. Why can't you like that? It sort of bothers me that people think liking a mon because its strong is bad.

In the early VGC metagame for SM i used a double duck team. (Pelipper/Golduck) and it made me apreciate Golduck just that much more. I always liked Pelipper because it's funny looking, but now it's also usable for me? Fucking fantastic. I never really saw Golduck as anything special, but stomping people with it made me apreciate it a whole lot more.
>>
>>33198917
Goddamnit, now I can't like Golduck anymore.

>>33198699
That's how you think.
>>
>tfw someone else's favourite mon is the same as yours and you have to stop liking it
>>
>>33198546
Ulgamoth was way better but its okay because its an all around perfect pokemon
>>
>>33198699
i don't see how a fire moth is all that generic. if you were making a case against bug/flying and butterfree maybe i could understand where you were coming from, even if i wouldn't agree with that either.
>>
>>33198879
>>33198888
>no more HMs
you don't need fly anymore. other flame body and magma armor mons exist, anons. what's it like living in the past?

volc's still the best of the lot
>>
>>33198699

Generic would be Vulpix, maybe even Arcanine. Charizard, Flareon etc.
Just because a Pokemon is somewhat liked doesn't make it generic. Volcarona isn't exactly a shillmon, either, so a lot of its popularity comes purely from the design and power.
Gen 5 having it in a cool temple thing also make it more interesting, along with a unique (if implausible) dex entry.
>>
>>33198979
Stop being a filthy hipster, anon.
Life is better if you just accept that you're not a special, unique snowflake.
>>
>>33199457
not that anon but
>what is satire
>>
>>33199453
>Shitting on more popular fire mons because nobody actually likes his shitty firemoth mememon
bonus points because you shat on gen I only mons, your underage is showing
>>
File: 1501766251409.png (227KB, 568x510px) Image search: [Google]
1501766251409.png
227KB, 568x510px
>>33198534
It's not just autists, Volcarona is like one of the only good Fire mons out of the say three non Legendary, non starter mon, those being Ninetales, Arcanine and Darmanitan. Everything else is a starter (Infernape, Blaziken), Mega (Charizard, Houndoom), Legendary (Heatran, Primal Groundon) or even a form (P-don, Rotom). It's almost a miracle something like this even happened and even in battle it's a true beast, being capable of adapting to almost all metagame trends that are thrown at it.
>>
>>33198546
It's Ramoth in Aryan tongue
>>
>>33199520
>only good fire mon
>lists almost entire fire pokemon roster
but in all seriousness, I agree and I like Volcarona!
>>
>>33199520
it's not the best explanation because your argument can be made with almost all of the types
>>
File: 1501307952859.jpg (5KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
1501307952859.jpg
5KB, 250x186px
>>33199570
>one of
You need more practice, but I still agree as well.
>>
>>33198589
>overdesigned
Explain what you mean by overdesigned.
>>
>>33199599
the "one of" was unimportant. The joke is that anon's argument relied on the premise that there aren't many good fire mons, then listing the entire roster and making exceptions why those even better fire mons don't count.
>>
It's a really great design by GenV standards
>>
>>33198528
>>33198534
Same fag
Also you started a thread with opposite considerations, kys
>>
>>33199741
sorry pal but that just isn't the case
>>
>>33199971
Ah, good. Thanks for clarifying!
>>
>>33198699
>generic
A generic fire type is Arcanine
>>
File: 1499645829385.jpg (487KB, 1829x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1499645829385.jpg
487KB, 1829x2048px
>>33199673
I'd consider Gen V one of the better standards out of all the gens, really. For all the crap that got dumped on Vanilluxe and Garbodor, there were a ton of really cool designs.

Off the top of my head: Volcarona, Reuniclus, Scolipede, Archeops, Mienshao, all of the new ghost lines, Hydreigon, Conkeldurr, Darmanitan, Bisharp, the legendary dogs (except Kaldeo,) Ferrothorn...
>>
its eyes are stupid
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.