[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish completing the National Pokédex was as daunting a task

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: ORAS_Pokédex.png (87KB, 337x203px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS_Pokédex.png
87KB, 337x203px
I wish completing the National Pokédex was as daunting a task as it was in Gen 3. Needing not only a Hoenn game and a Kanto remake game, but also the GameCube games and the monumental tasks you had to do in order to get Lugia and Ho-Oh.

Since XY it's just way too easy.
>>
>>33197305
People will always just inject, what's even the point? If anything, you'll force more people to hack their mons
>>
>>33197305
people shouldn't have to buy 7+ games just to get an imaginary diploma.
>>
>>33197330
The games should cater to people who actually want to play the games, not the ones who want to skip them.
>>
>>33197364
I ABSOLUTELY agree with this. People are always going to cheat. It makes no sense to take out a challenge simply because people with cry about it being to tough.
>>
Doing it in Gen III was retarded, as someone who had everything one would need to do so on my own and who actually did it. Having that level of bullshit plus the far larger number of Pokemon in recent games and actually having rewards for catching everything like we've had since BW2 makes it just shit.
>>
File: This Motherfucker is right.png (220KB, 454x360px) Image search: [Google]
This Motherfucker is right.png
220KB, 454x360px
>>33197364
This
>>
>>33197305
It's still difficult if you insist on getting all the Pokémon yourself.
>>
File: 1388870487713.png (4KB, 410x339px) Image search: [Google]
1388870487713.png
4KB, 410x339px
>ORAS
>Decide to complete my national dex out of nothing because i havnt owned a pokemon game since the original gen 3
>200+ hours of trading and catching pokemon
>This is easy according to OP
Nah fuck you
>>
>>33197518
gts is fucking easy mode for a nat dex
>>
>XY dex was easy
Mythicals were a pain in the ass to get, and the regional dex had over 400 pokemon.
>>
>>33197305
>monumental tasks
>Lugia
Lugia is literally just beating the game and catching Shadow Pokemon.

Ho-Oh, on other hand...
>>
>>33197305
Ahahahaha god that was a nightmare.

You needed a Game Boy Advance, a Gamecube, the GBA to Gamecube adapter, and at absolute minimum Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Colosseum, and Gale of Darkness (Gale of Darkness actually covered all the Hoenn mons that Emerald didn't have access to, otherwise you'd have to include Ruby and Sapphire as well).

Now pick US or Japan. US means you get easy Jirachi access from the Colosseum preorder disc, Japan means that Jirachi was event distribution only (this being Gen 3) but the Colosseum preorder disc in Japan let you get Celebi (with much more effort involved); this was the one Celebi that wasn't complete hell to get until Gen 6.

Gen 4 made things drastically easier, in between events being made less horrible to get your hands on, the GTS existing (at the time it was relevant, RIP), and not needing a home console to finish everything up. Doing it solo requires all the stuff for Gen 3 + Diamond and Pearl (at absolute minimum you have to port forward the Regis to Gen 4 to get Regigigas).

But yeah, Gen 6 made it as easy as it's ever going to get relatively speaking. Having all four of X, Y, OR, and AS means that's every single non-event Pokemon accounted for right there, and then you had WiFi distributions of every single event Pokemon in the game to date to make even that painless and then you realize they never released Eternal Floette to date and so you still can't get everything. Don't even need another console as long as you have Pokemon Bank.

>>33198908
Monthly distributions during 2016 made even that as easy as it will ever get. The only hellish thing was getting the Japan-only things like Shiny Jirachi, as per usual. Anyone who got Shiny Arceus legit is a lucky sob
>>
File: [001960].jpg (20KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
[001960].jpg
20KB, 344x326px
>>33199126
>You needed a Game Boy Advance, a Gamecube, the GBA to Gamecube adapter, and at absolute minimum Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Colosseum, and Gale of Darkness (Gale of Darkness actually covered all the Hoenn mons that Emerald didn't have access to, otherwise you'd have to include Ruby and Sapphire as well).

I sorta miss that, all that work made it worth wild and it felt great having a complete legit dex. Kids today have it too easy with GTS/Wonder Trade/Injecting
>>
>>33197305
I enjoy the difficulty of the X/Y Pokédex. I tried to do it without being all my pokes from black 2 and it was satisfying. I really hate it was left out of gen 7 so far.
>>
>>33197330
your argument is irrelevant, people are already injecting an they will continue to do so regardless of pokedex number
>>
>>33198912
Purifying XD001 was quite easy, by the time I had reached Lugia, I already had all 9 sets at max tempo, Ho-Oh was a Tedious Task, as you had to snag and purify all the shadow pokemon as well as finishing the motherfucing mt battle after doing so
>>
File: NOOOOOOO.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
NOOOOOOO.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
>>33200320
>Worth Wild
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.