[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gen 8 announced for Switch >locked to handheld mode only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

>gen 8 announced for Switch
>locked to handheld mode only

Don't even pretend this isn't something gamefreak would do.
>>
>>33196105
The only game that is exlusive to handheld mode is touch based
>>
File: d1c.png (293KB, 680x962px) Image search: [Google]
d1c.png
293KB, 680x962px
>>33196105
I only laugh because it dulls the pain, op.
>>
>>33196105
I'll be playing it exclusively in handheld mode anyway
>>
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
People act like gamefreak doesn't want people to play mainline games on tv's. Ruby and sapphire did this
>>
>>33196175
Because it is a bad thing.
>>
The Switch can't force you to play a game in one mode. It would only be handheld only if it was all touch based which won't happen and there is nothing able to stop tv display. At worst Amie/Refresh equivalent maybe handheld only.
>>
>>33196207
How so?
>>
>>33196280
Whether you care about tv playing or not

It's a bad thing. It exposes gamefreak incompetence and inability to make games work
>>
>>33196280
Not that guy but limiting options like that is retarded and pointless.

It reminds me of how the Alan Wake guys once said, regarding the requests for the game to come to PC, "well this game was designed to be played on a big comfy couch with a controller in hand, not in front of a monitor with a mouse, so no we'll never release it on PC. (a few years later when Steam had become a big deal, they of course did port it to PC)

It's also like their retarded excuses for why you can't use take screenshots in XY, ORAS and SM. "Well it's so you can't spoil each other". It's a load of horseshit and we all know it's because they didn't optimize their game and they use way too much RAM. GF gets away with so much laziness that would normally not be allowed just because they make the best selling games on the system.

I can totally see them locking it to handheld mode because it needs to be at the lower resolution in order not to run at 20 FPS, despite still looking like a fucking DS game, while claiming "Oh, well portability is essential to Pokémon, if you played it on a TV other people could watch you and it would no longer be a personal experience" or some utter nonsense like that.
>>
>>33196105
Switch handheld mode>> Switch docked mode

That's a fact t.switch owner.
>>
GameFreak ALWAYS gets special exceptions when it comes to allowing or disallowing certain features because Pokemon is one of Nintendo's biggest and most consistent money printers.
It might be possible we get to play it on the big screen, but then again they could pull an excuse out of their ass like "While Pokemon Switch is capable of playing with others around the world via Internet Connections, we still wish to reinforce the true social aspect of Pokemon by limiting it to Handheld Mode so that you may bring the game anywhere anytime to play with friends without the hassle for setting up multiple Switch Docks on multiple Television Sets."
>>
>>33196309
It'd be no skin off my nose since I use handheld mode exclusively. I feel like Game Freak would be smart enough to be able to make gen 8 run docked, but I'd expect it to run 60fps on docked, and struggle to stay at 30fps in handheld.
>>
>>33196389
The only one was the 3D in 3DS dude and ton of games went against also.

They Utlized the dual screen gimmick in 3ds

They utilized the adapter in gba

They utlized the color and back light in GBC
>>
>>33196372
The switch in handheld mode is smaller than most think. Its about the size of a iphone 6 plus
>>
>>33196105
Even it it was, I wouldn't see it as being 'restrictive'.

If it was locked to handheld mode, it could use the touch screen for any sort of various features (box sorting, amie/refresh, etc).

Those sort of features would then be impossible to do in docked mode, and thus restrictive that way.

We'll really have to wait and see how they handle this system
>>
They wouldn't.

Gen 1-3 could be played on TVs with console adapters.

DS didn't get an adapter because of how awkward it would be on a TV.
>>
>>33196197

I love the idea on playing core-series of Pokémon on Television
>>
>>33196280
>how is reducing options for no reason a bad thing?

GEE I DONT KNOW ANON
>>
>>33196166
____this
>>
>>33196197
this is because for literally every single year leading up to this one, GF was very specifically handheld-only. They wanted to keep Pokemon out of the house, forcing you to play in the real world. The money that the Switch is generating is what pushed them to finally join the big-screen team.
>>
>>33196808
You could play the 1-3 gen on TV. Legally the 2 screens from 4-7 changed this
>>
pt me in the "it's stupid but i'm fine with it" camp
>>
>>33196105
They wouldn't do that, but I wouldn't mind either
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.