[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question, why does anyone give a shit about the humans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1490851448776.jpg (53KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490851448776.jpg
53KB, 700x400px
Serious question, why does anyone give a shit about the humans of the franchise?

I really don't get why so many people seem to care about the human characters. They're for nothing more then to move the plot forward. The entire series is about cool monsters and I see people who seem to be more attached to the humans. The closest I have come to liking the humans was team skull and even that was because they were humerous, not well written or interesting.
>>
i only care about the humans that are fun to battle or have an interesting backstory
>>
>>33194496
Because Pokemon are nothing more than the animals of the world. You need plot, heroes, villains, side characters.

Is this really that hard to understand?
>>
>>33194552
>playing pokemon for plot
What? It's about the monsters. The human characters are simple, that makes sense considering the younger audience the series tries to keep a focus on but still. What character did you consider "well written"?
>>
Normal people get more attached to characters with at least some hint of personality, not just a design. That's why Pokemon get really popular if there's some particular member of that species that people can attach to, like Lucario, and it's why some recent Pokemon described as having overly specific personalities for a species.
>>
>>33194496
Most people are humans, so we will be drawn too and emphatize in some way with the humans in Pokemon too. If they have an interesting design, gimmick, personality quirk or backstory then that's a bonus.
>>
>>33194675
>most people are humans
What are the others?
>>
>>33194685
Furfags, diaperfags, vorefags, and anyone that browses /trash/.
>>
File: 411px-Djt-4-003_front.jpg (86KB, 411x599px) Image search: [Google]
411px-Djt-4-003_front.jpg
86KB, 411x599px
>>33194552

They are honestly one of the reason why I dropped pokemon.

>interesting designed characters can't be heroes
>all of this cool info from the dex can't be applied in game
>soulless self inserts can be and bullshit copypaste character s too
>>
>>33194496
because I like the design of the human characters
>>
File: Dawn Platinum.png (1MB, 1271x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Platinum.png
1MB, 1271x2000px
I only care about their designs, almost all of them have the personality of wet cardboard. The designs are actually a pretty big deal for me, I usually try to make my multiplayer-based game for each gen one with the protagonist design I like the most, and also make my multiplayer trainer class the one I like the most.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is able to experiment more with giving their cast more personality, due to having more dialogue and cutscenes, but even there, a lot of them tend to be one-dimensional. If Pokemon were a VN series then there'd probably be a way to give the cast (human or Pokemon) more of a personality, but that also sacrifices gameplay.
>>
I'm only here for the Pokémon.
When there are no reveals, I suffer.
>>
>>33194496
>why does anyone give a shit about the humans of the franchise?
Fap/waifu material
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.