[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4 island surrounded by shittons of sea >Not a single water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

>4 island surrounded by shittons of sea
>Not a single water route
>Most surfing-abstent region thus far
Why was Alola such a disappointment, /vp/?
>>
>>33194224

They didn't want a repeat of the Hoenn "too much water" complaints
>>
Can you actually "surf" from island to island in Hawaii?
>>
Alola is the worst designed regoin and the least fun to explore. All the islands are disconnected from each other and force boat rides to traverse between them. They could have had surf or even diving routes full of coral connecting them. But nope. Just get on the boat and warp.
>>
>>33194283
No. Surfing is the equivalent to gliding
>>
File: islands.jpg (21KB, 682x471px) Image search: [Google]
islands.jpg
21KB, 682x471px
All the ones shown I know have been crossed via swimming. I know Oahu to Molokai is 26 miles. Mostly for records, so it's definitely not a common thing. It's a bit more difficult from what I hear compared to other channels due to being warm water.
One swimmer got attacked by a cookie cutter shark while swimming between islands at night. Only recorded attack on a person. They rise from the deep water channels at night, and the channels themselves are popular spots for large marine mammals like whales and dolphins.
>>
>>33194481
>All the islands are disconnected from each other and force boat rides to traverse between them.
Just like Hawaii..
>>
>>33195066
Honestly, they should have just had some goddamn surf routes. So what if you can,t actually surf between islands in hawaii, you can't do it in Japan either! And yet we have cinnabar island. Realism should be sacrificed for enjoyment.
>>
>>33194224
Because it's half of the game, just like XY is half of the game as well. Both gen 6 and 7 were made with the remakes/sequels in mind, so they made only half of kalos and half of Alola. That's why we only ever visited kalos north, we were meant to visit kalos south in the third version but because autists sperged too much about ORAS Gamefreak went straight into gen 7. This is also why in USUM we will see four more islands, which correspond to the four Hawaiian islands not represented in SM.
>>
>>33195133
>because autists sperged too much about ORAS Gamefreak went straight into gen 7
I'd sooner believe TPC rushed Gamefreak to do a new gen for the 20th anniversary and ended up scrapping the plans for a Z or Delta Emerald. They don't give a fuck what some spergs on /vp/ complain about.
>>
They obviously ran out of space. Stuffing High Quality 3D models of mons into a tiny 3DS cartridge was a mistake.
>>
This has nothing to do with this thread but i have an extra lycanroc code from gamestop that expires today if anyone want's to use it it's A7Z9Y353MF83J4K4
>>
>>33195252
>ran out of space
Nice meme. 3DS cards can be up to 8GB. SM is 3GB.
>>
>>33194224
>surrounded by shittons of sea
They don't look far from each other. It looks like a walking distance(you can't walk on water but you know what i mean)
>>
>>33195367
AKA the right distance for a water route
>>
>>33194224

As you can clearly see there are rocks right that block the water paths.

But for real though we should've swam to exeggutor island in the least.
>>
>>33194481
Marina tube connecting the islands like BW2 would have been so cool.
>>
>>33195066
this is a major problem, Im tired of regions being so strongly influenced by real world places. An original region loosly based on hawaii would be a lot better than literally my moms hawaii, alola.
>>
>>33199009

I fail to see how the games weren't already 'loosely related' and I live here.
>>
Just because the average human would not be able to swim or surf from one Hawaiian island to another, does not mean that the average Gyarados or Wailord should not be able to swim from one Alolan island to another while carrying its little trainer.
>>
>>33200508
A guy swims from Hoenn to Kalos, so that's nothing for the,
>>
>>33200378
im not saying they're carbon copies of hawaii, and it may be the constant "alola!" wave that bothers me but it seems to me XY and SM were more directly based on real world places than previous regions. johto and unova are more along the lines of just being inspired by Japan or the US while XY and SM are just pokefrance and pokehawaii.
>>
worst of all
>all this water
>free fishing comepletely taken out of the game to be replaced with designated spots
>one rod for everything
>lazy lol but it's underwater rocks they hide there!!1! excuse
>no more searching for the comfiest fishing spot with the best catchable pokemon
biggest disappointment of our time, almost as bad as the "berry piles" that also don't make much sense
>>
>>33201205
Same. Unova's only likeness is that it has a big city really. Sinnoh that it's cold, and the shape. And everything before that just the shape really.
>>
>>33194224
Because Game Freak doesn't put effort into anything anymore.
>>
>>33195133
Sure thing champ. See you in November when Alola is still shit and maybe like twelve years from now when they remake XY and Kalos is still mediocre.
>>
>>33194224
Because it's unfinished on purpose for USUM which is so ridiculously scummy that I'm still in shock over it.
>>
>>33194224

Because of the less new Pokémon and adding more trash like Alola forms.
>>
>>33200602
Hoenn is really far away from Kalos, Unova and Alola.
>>
>>33202674
I forget your name, but you think the pokedex is canon right?
>>
File: Milotic_Pokédex_entry_(3).jpg (94KB, 479x701px) Image search: [Google]
Milotic_Pokédex_entry_(3).jpg
94KB, 479x701px
>>33202688
It's Richard and yes, the Pokédex is canon.

This is undeniable evidence for that.
>>
>>33202688
what have you fucking done
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.