[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a Scandinavian region work What about route, locations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Scandinavia.png (2MB, 864x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Scandinavia.png
2MB, 864x1440px
Can a Scandinavian region work
What about route, locations and pokemon?
>>
>>33193879
>>/pol
>>
>>33193890
>anon makes a joke
>tumblrina gets triggered
Every time.
>>
>>33193879
kek.

>>33193862
>What about route, locations and pokemon?
Since we have mimics in japan, polarbears in NY and pandas in French, you don't need to care about what pokemon put it. Just make a good one and insert it.
>>
>>33193862
Needs water routes around the Baltic and between Sweden and Denmark. This is just me, but I'd put a large city or two city in Denmark ad make the rest of Denmark into Victory Road and the pokemon league.

Iceland would make a neat Battle Frontier, full of both postgame dungeons (volcanoes, glaciers, deep sea caves, etc.) and tons of battle facilities.

Game should start in Finland, long routes all the way through Lapland down to the more populated areas in Sweden and Norway. Then you get a Kayak (because fuck riding pokemon and fuck HMs) and can go explore the Baltic and all the little islands.
>>
>>33193862
Scandinavia looked always like a penis to me
>>
>>33193862
Center the entire thing around Skaggerak, maybe with a boat that goes to Iceland for some stuff, but mostly focused on the little area where Denmark, Sweden and Norway all meet

That way, you don't fill the entire game with snow routes
>>
>>33194091
I think Denmark would make a great battle frontier instead and Iceland could be a post-game island with some towns and route. Norway could have victory road because of the big mountains.
>>
>>33194152
Game starts in Denmark, first few towns are in the Danish archipelago, going through this game's big city (Copenhagen) then up through Sweden (with a sea route connecting you back to Denmark) and into Norway, with the final Gym being in Oslo before taking a trip up the mountains for the elite four

Then you can go back to Copenhagen and take one of two boats, one takes you to Greenland where you find the Battle Frontier-ish area and the other takes you to Iceland, which is one tiny town surrounded by end-game dungeons with legendaries in them
>>
>>33193927
>>>/pol/
>>
>>33193862
I will never be able to unsee Denmark being a guy with a runny nose.
>>
>>33194222
As a Dane I can confirm it litterally looks like an elf with a runny nose.
>>
>>33194029
The Alola region compared to the other regions has been very close to animal life and culture to the real Hawaii. And that's why liked every pokemon from Alola
>>
No, because at the north there aren't interesting places except a few
>>
>>33193862
>80% is half ice
>>
>>33193862

Yes. I go anywhere on Earth, where there is a lot of new Pokémon.

More new generations = New Pokémon.
>>
>>33194684
Your spirit, I like it!
>>
>>33194591
Don't make fun of my land!
>>
File: Grumkid.png (282KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Grumkid.png
282KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>33194639
That is kind of what I want out of pokemon. One big mostly ice region would be wonderful to me. I have bizarre tastes though.
>>
a scandinavian region would basically be sinnoh
>>
>>33194091
I like every one of these ideas, especially the Iceland one. I would prefer it stick mainly to Scandanavia though with bits of Finland and maybe that Iceland thing(Iceland is Nordic but not Scandanavia and same with Finland).
Realistically GF would maybe use the
Faroe Islands as a Battle Frontier-like area due to being considerably smaller in real life. While I like your idea Iceland really should be a region for a game instead.
>>
>>33195848
Sinnoh does not have enough ice.
>>
File: lg_map_white_2014_7[1].gif (195KB, 700x460px) Image search: [Google]
lg_map_white_2014_7[1].gif
195KB, 700x460px
Having only Scandinavia sounds like a waste. Either include more of the Baltic Sea and its surroundings, or better yet, have
>Scandinavia
>Finnmark
>Finland
>Kola
>Russian Karelia
>parts of the White Sea
Russia is an interesting place for sure.
>>
>>33194452
There were like only 5 new pokemon in Alola. Either you liked everything or you hated everything.
>>
>>33196404
Well that depends on how you scale it and what culture of that part of the world most influences the vision and designs of the pokemon. The latter being pretty flexible since as previous anons said you can have weird shit like a mummy in the US and an ostrich in Japan but there are still pokemon designs influenced by where they come from.
Personally I would prefer Sweden, Finland or Russia but I am a huge fag for the idea of a big mostly ice region in general so I would take what I could get. Any of what you said could work. If GF would go the route of supporting new languages like previously that would make Russia a prime candidate given that Russian is the mostly spoken language in that area and within the top ten most spoken languages.
>>
File: Russia.png (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Russia.png
8KB, 240x160px
>>33196638
>>33196404

Russia already exist in Pokémon Earth.
>>
>>33196683
Well there we have it then, Russia Gen 8 lets fucking go. All seriousness I do not recall that.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.