[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >live in small town >one of few pogo players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (9KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 231x218px
>be me
>live in small town
>one of few pogo players left
>join group chat with 12 players who raid
>none of them have played the actual games
>all need help with type matchups
>all level 30 and up
>none are in shape despite walking thousands of kilometers
>fattest neckbeard asks if everyone in group wants to throw in $50 and drive 12 hours to florida to catch corsola
>says we can stay with his uncle
>he's serious
>a few players are interested
>mfw
>>
Sounds like a good time to me, whats the problem?
>>
>>33188086
youd have to visit florida
>>
>>33188062
if you truly believe everyone else is strange and you're the only "normal" person, chances are you are the weird, awkward one. Build character before it's too late.
>>
>>33188086
Well for starters, even though I enjoy Pokemon, it's just a game. A 12 hour drive to stay somewhere for a night and leave seems ridiculous to me. I've also only met these people a few times. To top it off, I don't have $50 laying around to galavant cross country in search of a Pokemon.
>>
>>33188121
you have an aweful lot of excuses
>>
File: 1492314514904.jpg (10KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492314514904.jpg
10KB, 217x250px
>>33188106
>tfw live in florida
>tfw summer
>tfw literally cooked alive when going outside
>>
>>33188108
I'm sorry, but I think an adult wanting to drive 12 hours across country with strangers to catch a fictional creature is bizarre.
>>
>>33188108
If you're in a mental asylum, being the odd one out is usually a good thing.
>>
>>33188121
You say "it's just a game", implying those people are some kind of autistic man-children, while at the same time stating in a demeaning manner that "nONe Of ThEM hAvE PlaYEd tHe ActUAL gaMeS".
How old are you?
Other people do "crazier" and unnecessary stuff with a lot more money. Grow up and stand behind your hobby, or don't judge people like an angsty teen
>>
>>33188209
Being less crazy than the others still means you're crazy
>>
>>33188193
what's so bizarre about that? it's not too expensive, you spend time with others and might find friends. Would it be less bizarre if you went to a concert or to see a football game?
>>
>offered spot on road trip to Florida for $50, probably for gas
>offered free housing
Sounds like a fun trip to me, so what if the main reason for going is a Corsola.
>>
>>33188193
you try to rationalize your standpoint, but be honest - you just don't like those guys. I bet if they were objectively cool and good-looking, you wouldn't think twice.
>>
>>33188253
I wouldn't for a concert or a football game either though. I guess I'm the odd one out here.

>>33188267
The money was to give to his uncle. The cost of gas is to be divided between the passengers of each car.
>>
>>33188434
>I guess I'm the odd one out here.
Yeah that's probably it. You're just socially awkward, which is okay. What bothers me is how you try to make the situation and the other people seem odd when you're the problem.
>>
File: received_1589607994446282.jpg (12KB, 318x263px) Image search: [Google]
received_1589607994446282.jpg
12KB, 318x263px
Reminder Florida is where Enrico Pucci was born, lived and brought heaven.
Don't be like Pucci, stay out of Florida.
>>
>>33188328
I guess the reason I'm so surprised is it's something I would have done when I was 16-18, and I've been a fan of the series since I was 10. If gen 4 wouldn't have added online trading, I would definitely have gone long distances for event Pokemon. I drove over an hour when I was 16 to get a Mew. However, I understand why my parents wouldn't take me to events because it's expensive and time consuming. It sucked at the time, I can't believe I got upset I could never get a Celebi. But I grew up. Priorities change.

Then there's these this neckbeard and his wife who drag their kid around to Pokemon raids. The kid clearly doesn't care about Pokemon, and never seems like he wants to be there. They get him to participate in raids, despite his account being significantly weaker than everyone else. Sometimes the kid partipates, but normally he bitches and refuses to play. This typically results in a shouting match with the mom. Remember now, we're in public, on a college campus no less. If the kid doesn't play, the mom takes his tablet and battles the raid boss. And despite this extreme devotion to the game (which is only a year old) they haven't managed to figure out type matchups. This has nothing to do with being cool or what someone looks like. This guy and his wife come across as being shitty, obsessive, trashy, and inconsiderate to everyone else. I don't understand why anyone would want to go anywhere with them in any situation. Fuck them. And fuck them for thinking I'd be interested.
>>
>>33188729
>This guy and his wife come across as being shitty, obsessive, trashy, and inconsiderate to everyone else
well that's basically what I was trying to say with them not being cool :D... dude, you seem to loath those people!

The point is: if they weren't that awful, maybe even nice, would a 50$ trip to Florida with people you like be such a bizarre thing?
>>
>>33188828
You're right, guess not.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.