[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sky Pillar in RS was perfect. Fairly out of the way, so you needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Sky_Pillar_6F_RS.png (15KB, 432x384px) Image search: [Google]
Sky_Pillar_6F_RS.png
15KB, 432x384px
Sky Pillar in RS was perfect. Fairly out of the way, so you needed to explore to find it, had a challenging but doable puzzle to reach the end, and with a cool prize at the end to battle and capture. The feeling of accidentally finding this huge tower and discovering a super powerful dragon at the end is, along with DP Giratina and BW Kyurem, something that I couldn't find in XY, ORAS, and SM.
>>
File: 67[1].jpg (21KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
67[1].jpg
21KB, 400x240px
What? You mean you preferred actual gameplay instead of le cinematic expositional dump Ohmori keeps trying to force? Who woulda thunk?
>>
No it was a "fuck you if you choose the acro bike".
>>
>>33184773
>>33184799
I dont really hate ORAS, but this change made it clear the game wasnt for me. It wanted to sacrifice a gameplay area for a cool looking story area instead, which showed me where the priorities of the game lay. Though I figured that out by the time I got to New Mauville
>>
File: 1495738136575.jpg (90KB, 850x708px) Image search: [Google]
1495738136575.jpg
90KB, 850x708px
>>33184826
>choosing Acro
>ever
It's like you don't even like going fast.
>>
>>33184799
Ohmori is like those autists who make fangames and focus more on shoehorning their stupid story than the actual gameplay of their creation.
>>
>>33184826
Wow it's not like you can go switch bikes by taking a minute to fly to Mauville
>>
>>33184773
In my opinion Giratina in DP was even better, the path to it won't even show up before you get the national dex. Also that creepy atmosphere and not knowing what will be at the end of Turnback Cave at the time was fucking awesome experience
>>
>>33184773
Esmerald is inferior only because have lv45+ mons instead lv65+ ones
>>
>>33184902
I enjoyed Kyurem in BW a lot as well. Even though it wasn't a surprise to find something since the townspeople had already mentioned it, the creepy atmosphere/music of the town and Giant Chasm, combined with the fact that Kyurem apparently ate people and was (at the time) hinted to be some kind of alien), was really neat.
>>
File: Tin Tower.png (843KB, 852x454px) Image search: [Google]
Tin Tower.png
843KB, 852x454px
Tin Tower in GS was perfect. Fairly out of the way, so you needed to explore to find it, had a challenging but doable puzzle to reach the end, and with a cool prize at the end to battle and capture. The feeling of accidentally finding this huge tower and discovering a super powerful phoenix at the end is, along with RS Rayquaza and RB Mewtwo, something that I couldn't find in XY, ORAS, and SM.
>>
The sad thing is that they could've done something like this for Necrozma, but nope, it's just in a random patch of grass on Ten Carat Hill. (Though at least they don't force you to catch it, so at least there's that).
>>
>>33184880
I hated the bike shit. I felt like I always had the wrong one at any given time, so I had to stop what I was doing and go swap them.
>>
>>33187767
They've finally stopped pretending that the third legend isn't just in the first games out of obligation.
>>
>>33187787
If pretending otherwise means they build an optional dungeon for it, I want them to continue pretending.
>>
The layout of Sky Pillar is weak, and the whole Lost Woods thing used in Turnback Cave is always shit. Giant Chasm and Terminus Cave are better for that archetype's legends, though if I recall the rest of the Trainers—though, having those make it unique—and encounters in Terminus are scaled for if you enter it when you first go by after the Flare finale instead of post-game which is a shame.
>>
I wish the original ruby and sapphire made the levels higher of the Pokemon here.
>>
>>33184773
how is being hidden good design?
>>
>>33189427
because exploration is a huge theme and point in these games
>>
>>33189427
Rewards player who care to explire the map. But hey you could just use google so only fags explore lol
>>
>>33189427
It gives the player a sense of discovery when they find it, as well as a sense of adventure, and being in control of said adventure.
>>
Is there any reason for preferring the Ruby and Sapphire layout to the Emerald layout?
>>
>>33184799
There's more gameplay there than in the Emerald one.
>hurr u have to come back to have a proper puzzle because we can't have kiddies blocking their progress in the story, also make the levels way lower because haha
>>
>>33190136
The levels are lower because you can access it earlier, no? It's like people complaining about Giovanni in the HGSS Celebi event having his party in the 40s, they forget that the event can be done before the Blackthorn Gym.
>>
>>33187773
One of the good things ORAS did was fix this shit, though you never see anyone mention it
>>
>>33187730
Is this supposed to be a meme? Because it's also true
>>
>>33190156
Don't try to argue with shitposters
>>
>>33190156
Level scaling when?
>>
>>33187730
You mean Silver only?
>>
>>33187730
The swordtrio in BW sorta felt like that. And I think in theory the legendary bird in XY should have. Part of the problem is the fact that everything is online asap, you can't accidentally stumble on things unless you avoid all Pokémon websites
>>
>>33190277
>You mean Silver only?

Confirmed for only playing the remakes
>>
The tile puzzle sucks to do on my phone
I might not even bother
>>
>>33190272
>An option that makes trainers have mons ranging from PC-10 to PC+10 depending on the trainer's status
>wild mons go up to PC-10
Did I fix it?
>>
>>33192170
i've played the originals but not in at least 5 years
it just blurs with the remakes
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.