[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>literally the same thing but with ugly spikes and stripes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

>literally the same thing but with ugly spikes and stripes

Is Sharpedo the worst designed mega?
>>
>>33183249
Yes, but Mega Manectric is still a strong contender.
>>
They could have made it look like a FATBOY nuke and didnt cause theyre salty
>>
>>33183249
Doesn't beat mega Swampert
>>
subjectively bad mega designs
>sharpedo
>manectric
>swampert
>tyranitar
>gyarados
>heracross
>camerupt
>latios
>latias
>glalie
salamence is bad but only in game as a 3d model
audino maybe but i always hated regular audino too
>>
>>33183293
Shit taste
>>
>>33183252
Not even close. Mega Manectric is one of those Megas I don't really get the hate for.bI'd say Mega Aerodactyl is also a pretty shitty design, in line with Mega Sharpedo (just add stripes, rocks).

The only Megas I don't care for are Gallade, Sharpedo, Aerodactyl, Camerupt, Salamence, and the Latis.
>>
Megas that are objectively better than the originals:

- Mawile
- Lopunny
- Beedrill
- Pinsir
- Ampharos
- Beedrill
- Sableye
- Altaria

Megas that look okay:

- Gardevoir
- Aggron
- Blaziken
- Sceptile
- Pidgeot
- Steelix
- Absol
- Charizard-Y
- Mewtwo-Y
- Alakazam
- Gengar
- Tyranitar
- Gyarados

Megas that are shit:

- Everything else
>>
>>33183249
The stone itself is also bizarre. It adds middling bulk to a Pokemon that's already defensively comparable to base Deoxys or arguably worse in several areas, and an ability that isn't strong enough to stand alone on pretty much anything
>>
>>33183420
Shit, one of those Beedrills is supposed to be Groudon
>>
>>33183420
>Beedrill twice
It's a sweet design but it's not THAT good.
>>
>>33183420
I always forget that Aggron has a mega

just because rock head head smash Aggron is so much more fun to use
>>
>>33183249
Yes.
>>
Not one mention of mega kanghaskhan?
>>
File: IMG_3504.jpg (88KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3504.jpg
88KB, 500x367px
>>33183420
>mega-scizor
>shit
>>
>>33183343
Mega Manectric looks really shitty desu. There's no reason for its entire body to turn into a big cardboard lightning bolt. It doesn't even look like it should be able to run or turn its head, and it looks more like a gust of wind will make it fall over. It doesn't look like an upgrade; it looks fucking pathetic.

What I don't understand is why you don't like Mega Camerupt? It gets this fuckin cool giant volcano on its back, and the rocks on its side with the lava slipping through them is a great touch.
>>
>>33183249
It's Mega-Garchomp, not even looks like garbage it also is worse than Garchomp without mega.
>>
Really most of them are forgettable designwise. They could have done a lot more.

>God Tier
Diancie
Gyarados
Mawile
Beedrill
Gengar
Banette

>High Tier
Lopunny
Pinsir
Aggron
Altaria
Camerupt
Sceptile
Audino

>Good Tier
Swampert
Sableye
Tyranitar
Glalie
Steelix
Mewtwo Y
Metagross
Salamence
Medicham
Alakazam

>Meh Tier
Scizor
Ampharos
Houndoom
Blastoise
Venusaur
Charizard (both)
Blaziken
Gardevoir
Aerodactyl
Mewtwo X
Slowbro
Heracross
Garchomp
Abomasnow
Absol
Kangaskhan
Rayquaza

>Bad Tier
Gallade
Latias
Latios
Pidfeog

>Shit Tier
Manectric
Sharpedo
Lucario
>>
>>33184186
It's literally exactly the same as the original

>>33184218
Regular Scizor is perfect, mega Scizor has weird hands
>>
>>33184368
Diance is trash
>>
>>33184420
Disagree. It's cute and majestic.
>>
>>33183249
Well, Mega Garchomp exists

Why can't Gamefreak into good shark designs?
>>
>>33184302
Not him, but that big grin looks pretty fucking stupid to me. That being said, Mega Manectric's fur is, well, fur. It's not particularly heavy, it makes it look more imposing to me. And considering electricity goes through its mane, a huge thunderbolt thing on its back probably lets it channel a lot more electricity.
>>
>>33184413
same. regular Scizor looks so badass. The mega looks like a spinoff of its regular form in a 8-bit game
>>
>>33184302
I like the idea and concept of Mega Camerupt, but the execution is poor.

I agree with >>33184984 in that the grin is goofy, although that's not really an issue the majority of the time. To start, I think that the M on its forehead looks ridiculous. I don't see why it was added (other than for Team Magma, I guess?), and it would've been completely fine without it. I also dislike the way the fur falls down over the legs; it looks like an awkward dress. There's also something that irks me with the hair, although it makes sense as a design choice.

I dunno, anon. Different tastes, I guess.
>>
File: megas ranked.png (1014KB, 1156x2744px) Image search: [Google]
megas ranked.png
1014KB, 1156x2744px
These are the correct rankings
>>
>>33185283
Switching Gallade and Sceptile would be a good start.
>>
>>33185283
>>33184368
>Barapert not in bellow diarrheic shit tier
The worst of the tastes
>>
>>33185283
Move Swampert down and Beedrill up and this is good in terms of design
>>
>>33185283
>Gallade at the top
>Banette at the bottom
Sure you didn't get those two mixed up?
>>
>>33185299
But original Gallade was kinda stupid and the mega made it better to a very large degree. And Mega sceptile isn't necessarily bad, regular Sceptile is just better in every way.

>>33185316
There is no shit tier, none of the megas are shit. Some are just not as good as the originals.

>>33185328
no idea everyone except me thought Swampert was a downgrade. It's more mudskipper than ever before with the giant front fins. Don't tell me you guys don't love mudskippers?

>>33185334
Regular Banette is better though. Nothing bad about mega banette, it just has too many zippers (like, what kind of toy has that many zippers?) and has a very tough act to follow.
>>
>>33185283
>Gallade, Diance
>Top Tier

>Altaria, Lopunny, Sceptile
>Low Tier

>Heracross, Aerodactyl, Garchomp
>Not Cancer Tier

neck yourself fampai
>>
File: 6cf.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
6cf.png
361KB, 858x725px
>>33183249
I TOLD YOU MEGAS WERE A MISTAKE
>>
Why do people hate Mega Sharpedo? I actually like its design. There's not much you can do with a shark head and fins.
>>
>>33185666
It has random yellow stripes, weird spiky shit on its nose and seems to be missing some teeth

It's just plain uglier there's nothing else to it.
>>
>>33183249
Sharpedo is a forced mega design, that's for sure
>>
File: 1500283650611.png (251KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
1500283650611.png
251KB, 1190x906px
>>33185283
Objectively wrong
>>
>>33183263
underrated
>>
File: Untitled.png (477KB, 855x1187px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
477KB, 855x1187px
>>33183249
Permanent evos ftw
>>
>>33185769
Medicham & Audino maybe

The rest look too similar
>>
>>33185382
Heracross is pretty cool though. And Diancie is god tier.
>>
>>33185769
Eviolite Audino makes my ass hurt just thinking about it. Eviolite regular mawile would be fun though.
>>
>>33185922
>Diance is god tier
>Mega evolves into a fucking chandelier
>Somehow becomes more offensive
'no'

>Heracross is pretty cool
>Random animu robot motif
kys
>>
>>33185769
I mean Mawile would lost its niche of Intimidate+Huge power Sableye should definitely be an evolution tho
>>
File: download.png (13KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
13KB, 220x229px
>>33183293
>tyranitar
>>
>>33183293
>>tyranitar
>>gyarados
>camerupt
>glalie
Shit taste.

>>33185147
Base Camerupt already has the M shape.
>>
>>33186094
>can't even spell Diancie right
>doesn't know what a magical girl is
>doesn't understand the basic motif of carbon going to diamond

Also Mega Heracross is a Hercules beetle, not just a mega homage.

Anyway, M-Diancie is god tier.
>>
>>33185700
The yellow stripes are its scars that it got from battle. It already had a scar on its head as a normal Sharpedo.

Sharpedo didn't have many teeth to begin with: 5 on the top, 4 on the bottom. Mega Sharpedo has 7 teeth on the top and 4 on the bottom. In Mega Sharpedo's case, the teeth become fused with its mouth. Sharpedo's spikes and elongated nose are based on the sawtooth shark.
>>
>>33184218
I don't think it's shitty but I hate the pointy legs
>>
>>33183249
I had so much fun speedrunning saphire, sharpedo was a cunt but the design really grew on me. At first i hated it, but i hate all designs for at least a year
>>
>>33186159
From fur. It's not like it has a blue M to match the rings.
>>
Most Megas look like shit
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.