[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does grinding battle tree suck so hard? Also post your teams,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: d2c.jpg (34KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
d2c.jpg
34KB, 512x384px
Why does grinding battle tree suck so hard?

Also post your teams, apparently mine sucks ass.
>>
You go first OP
>>
My max is 89 on a generic salamence/Aegisslash. I'm thinking of using the XY durant strategy but still thinking of someone to fill it out.
>>
>>33181833
Right now I'm running doubles with

Electivire - Expert belt
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Brick Break
Ice Punch
(He's a bro from Pearl)

Garchomp - Life Orb
Swords Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang

Mimikyu - Red card
Swords Dance
Play Rough
Shadow Claw
Facade

Smogonbird - (currently no item)
U-turn
Will-o-wisp
Flare Blitz
Brave Bird

I know it's not the best set up but I'm using what I have available at the moment. Seemed grinding for BP was easier last gen because this is taking forever.
>>
>>33181839
I've got a number of 6iv Bagons
What kind of sets are you running on both?
>>
Just use a generic offensive team with a mega, Z-move and Focus Sash. It's the best way to bypass the cheating AI. Hell you don't even need a mega, I recently got a 100 streak with Life Orb Koko, Sash Garchomp and Fairium Z Mimikyu.
>>
>>33181861
I don't typically run legendaries/mythics so I don't know shit about the tapus despite theyre dominating the meta.

What do you run on your koko?
>>
>>33181873
Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Dazzling Gleam, Grass Knot
>>
>>33181851
I generally start with something that can sweep in 1 move. Jolly Kartana is really good with a focus sash or Lum Berry. The UBs are really good as well since they have the beast boost. I use a Modest Porygon Z where I sometimes use focus sash but mostly just normium Z + Hyper Beam. the rest is Ice beam, Thunderbolt, and signal beam or Nasty Plot. The coverage is really nice.

Salamence is Jolly with megacrystal or whatever it's called. Dragon Claw, Return, eq, fire fang.

Aegisslash is Quiet with Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, King's Shield, and Flash Cannon. I typically run Weakness Policy with it.

It's a pretty brain-dead team. toxapex is also really good for Singles though I don't have an HA toxapex so I don't use it.
>>
>>33181884
>>33181888
thanks both of you
>>
>>33181828
sash phero, specs exploud and mega zard x or rocky helm garchomp worked great for me
>>
>>33181828
Do doubles: 1,000% easier.

>Level 1 Mimikyu (focus sash)(curse, destiny bond, trick room, toxic)
>Snorlax (sitrus berry, EV set so after belly drum left with yellow HP for instant sitrus) (belly drum, high horsepower, body slam, Crunch)
>Vikavolt (leftovers)(bug buzz, thunderbolt, flash cannon, energy ball)
>Spiritomb (weakness policy)(dark pulse, Shadow Ball, pain split, nasty plot)

Mimikyu at level 1 with disguise and focus sash can survive double focus, and will always get trick room up dead last in the round.
Snorlax will belly drum and get 6x attack boosts. With trick room up he sweeps very powerfully.
The AI is reluctant to use Fighting-type moves because 3/4 of your team is immune, or resists.
As a result, Snorlax never gets one-shot by close combat, despite it being the AI's literal best option.
Instead you find yourself fighting escavalier a lot. Like, abnormally large amounts. But ultimately, you win.
>>
>>33181894
As far as doubles go, I've been having success with
Relaxed (I think) Musharna sets up a trick room/gravity.

Oranguru (telepathy) sets up trick room.

Switch out Musharna for Mega Blastoise or a Quiet Torkoal as they both have incredibly strong moves that hit everything on the field. Blizzard and Water Spout on Blastoise. Eruption on Torkoal. Instruct one of them and it's usually over by then.

Torkoal has Solar beam with drought.
>>
Anyone else play multi battles with someone else? We keep getting random connection errors for seemingly no reason.
>>
I have a team that worked surprisingly well.
Sash-Volcarona (standard quiver dance and fiery dance set)
BB greninja w/Darkium-Z (it has water shuriken to finish off anything volc couldn't KO, then activates BB and raeps)
Mega-Heracross(this one can be replaced, i just chose him because he has nice attack and decent speed, also skill link to break sashes and sturdys).
This team took me to 43 wins at the super singles. I did not think it would work, but it did.
>>
>>33181932
I've also been using M-Heracross. I start Eevee with eevium Z and Baton pass into it. The third pokemon can be anything. I use a landorus because it has decent coverage but I'm looking at a sp.atk pokemon instead or a tank that I can switch into immediately since sometimes, eevee can die immediately.
>>
>>33181945
i can suggest a few depending upon your speed preference:
slower: reuniclus/cofagrigus/vikavolt/clawitzer
faster: zoroark/houndoom/greninja/jolteon

personally, my favourite out of these would be cofagrigus cause of mummy and zoroark to fuck with the AI
>>
>>33181972
Yeah I think Cofrag is really good and I have one ready. Maybe Vikavolt since I really like its look. Zoroark isn't my favorite pokemon to use since its ability is too niche to not start it, imo at least.

On your part about Jolteon, I've been thinking of using Prankster Volbeat with Tailglow and Baton pass with an HP ice jolteon.
>>
>>33181976
whatever floats your boat man. i agree that zoroark isn't the best if you want to win, for me i use him every now and then just to mess around.
The Volbeat/Jolteon is a classic, but i've faced taunt users more than i expected.
>>
I used a team with scarf xurkitree lead, sash garchomp, and phys def celesteela. Lost at battle 100 something because of an 8 turn freeze. Rain is probably the only somewhat iffy matchup but celesteela usually manages.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.