[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is up /vp/, this is the Korean pokemon silver cartridge.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 20170801_214524.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px)
20170801_214524.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
What is up /vp/, this is the Korean pokemon silver cartridge. In case you faggots don't already know, this shit here is kind of a big deal. Its rare as fuck. Google where to buy it. Search it on ebay. You will find nothing. Recently a kind friend went to Korea and found both a copy of gold and silver for me. I paid 120US each. This shit is holy grail because it is the bridge between language in generation 2. Normally JPN and ENG could never trade to each other or battle each other, however pokemon caught and raised in English gs can be transferred to Korean gs and be used in junction with Japanese games. This is because the Korean versions of the games are on Gameboy color cartridges which have more space. This allows the use of multiple character sets in the game, including English and Japanese. Gaze upon what i think to be the holy grail of pokemon games /vp/
>>
neat
>>
Not sure if this is in ANY OTHER VERSION, this screen here appears after selecting continue on the start menu, i believe it to be a date selection screen, however im confused as to why the game would forget days of the week and not the save file.
>>
>>33180777
>what i think

Just inject lol
>>
>>33180777
good find op
>>
File: 20170801_214610.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px)
20170801_214610.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>33180811
thanks, been searching for these for a while for my collection. feels good to finally have come across an opportunity to own these gems
>>
>>33180777
That's pretty cool. It can also use to trade between gen 1 games of different languages through the time capsule.
>>
>>33180859
I didnt even think about it that deeply, you are 1000% correct. That's really cool i'm going to do that this evening, not sure if there even is footage of what happens to the names of the pokemon in gen 1 so i'd like to find out. usually the names of the pokemon get messed up but the moves and stats etc are all the same
>>
That's really cool. I knew some info about the Korean version but I didn't know it was cross-compatible with both EN and JP versions. A shame it's so rare, but I suppose that's what I have my Everdrive for.
>>
>>33180914
I also have all gen 1&2 games on both English and Japanese so I would like to get myself a copy of that Korean game, but desu I don't really plan to use them as I would play the VC ones in order to transfer my team up.
>>
>>33181239
Literally the reason i've been looking for years to obtain these!
>>
Stop spreading false info. Korean GS were developed from English GS, that's why there is some limited compatibility with non-Japanese GSC. There is none with Japanese GSC.

Korean GS require the GBC because Hangul needs 2 (two) bytes per character.
>>
>>33180799
The clock data is independent enough of the save file that it can fail on its own. And that screen exists in all versions and languages.
>>
>>33180777
is this really that rare? i picked up a complete boxed copy a few years back while i was there (before they wrecked yongsan) - only payed about $10
>>
>>33182138
Nice, that's what's up! From what I've been told by my friend, the video game alley was closed for a bit while they were there, and they only got to go to it towards the end of the trip. Not sure how you mean wrecked but it did seem like not many people were interested in it in Korea. I originally asked for boxed copies and was willing to pay the bill, but from what i heard, there were none.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.