[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite Mega Evolution? Do you want them to come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_0033.jpg (34KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0033.jpg
34KB, 300x302px
What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

Do you want them to come back in Gen 8? If so, who deserves one?
>>
I hate that a lot of mega designs could've been normal evo designs if with a bit less spikes/waviness here and there.

So, no, don't come back, and retcon some mega designs to be normal evolutions.
>>
Swampert, yes, and Kantoan Raichu
>>
>>33179006
This. Only evo lines that already have 3 Pokemon should get Megas.
>>
>>33178996
Mega Waifu

The Alola Starters
>>
>>33179006
>>33179030
>Waiting that Mega-Medicham, Mega Mawile, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega-Altaria, etc. were able to use items
>>
File: IMG_7347.png (263KB, 800x784px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7347.png
263KB, 800x784px
My absolute favorite. It even has an amazing shiny. This is honestly the pinnacle of what a mega should be. Take a PU shitmon and actually make them viable. It was retarded to give legendaries and Psudos Megas
>>
I really like mega beedrill
Yes
Arbok, Golduck, Octillery, Xatu, Walrein, Flygon, Luxray, Toxicroak, Stoutland, Scrafty, Gogoat, Noivern, Mudsdale, Golisopod, all the starters, all the psudeos.
>>
>>33179232
>all the pseudos
what please god no
>>
>>33178996
>What is your favorite Mega Evolution?
Salamance

>Do you want them to come back in Gen 8?
Yes
>If so, who deserves one?
All fully evolved pokemon with a bst lower than 510 and has low usage
>>
I like Megagross, Gyarados and Mawile's designs the most.
To some degree I even like the former two better than their base formes.

Manectric's has also really grown on me. It's really goofy looking but in a good way. And intimidate has clutch my ass several times
>>
>>33178996
>What is your favorite Mega Evolution?
You posted it.
>who deserves one?
Toxicroak.
>>
File: 1481160702516.png (235KB, 1214x422px) Image search: [Google]
1481160702516.png
235KB, 1214x422px
>>33178996
Do you want them to come back in Gen 8? If so, who deserves one?
#savevikavolt
>>
Slowbro
Yes
Bewear, Arbok, Mr. Mime, Regi trio, Probopass, Vikavolt, Sawk, and Throh
>>
>>33179113
If they were to retcon some of the Megas like that, Kangaskhan's evo should be an entirely different thing. The baby should be it's own species (Kangastot?) and it should NOT be part of any evolution for it's mother meaning no more Parental Bond.

>>33179143
>implying they give a fuck about Showdown or balance

Sableye and Spiritomb had no weaknesses for years for a reason, bud.
>>
>>33178996
You posted it

Yes

Johto starters
>>
>>33178996
Leave the few that could be turned into normal evolutions with some stat/ability rebalancing, retcon the rest. Because honestly who's going to miss Mega Garchomp.
>>
File: mega ampharos.jpg (917KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mega ampharos.jpg
917KB, 849x1200px
>>33178996
iss back
>>
>>33178996
steelix
yes
raichu, walrein, carnivine, vespiqueen.
>>
>>33178996
I think Pokemon needs a reboot, a fresh slate. They just keep adding more and more of this shit, mega evolutions, z-moves, hidden abilities (although these were alright), all the special items for form transformations, and every new iteration they've got to think of a way to somehow make them all available to the player. I say fuck it. Just remove it all. Ditch the majority of the pokemon, cut it down to about 400, and maybe add 100 new ones to bring it up to 500. A reasonable amount, and one that's not a crazy high amount for competitive play. Just do a whole rework of the game's mechanics, let's remove RNG in online play, find some new work around that, and just re-invent the series. Perhaps include more mini-game-esque elements to achieve things. Look at Paper Mario for example, it's not just fights. There's platforming, many forms of puzzles, new abilities to mix up the gameplay. Just more fun and active. Now, I'm not saying pokemon should be a platformer, but at this point, it barely has puzzles or even exploration anymore. It's just farming and breeding shit for days until you realise you're a fucking moron for not just genning that shit in so you can play the one fun part of the game, the battling, only to get cucked by the game when it decides to give your opponent 3 crits in a row and makes you miss several turns for no good reason.

It's time for a change. They're so bound by what they've done so far and feel obliged to keep adding to it so that one fan who likes Dunsparce doesn't get upset. Like, fuck off, make something new and different, stop just piling more shit onto the same game.
>>
I want a Mega Darmanitan based on the Zen Mode that is actually useful.
A Pshychic/Electric Mega Gothitelle themed after space observation.
A huge Mega Beheeyem that looks like a UFO.
A Mega Basculin that gets to be Dragon type unlike Gyarados.
Mega Amoonguss that disguises itself as a Pokemon Center.
Pretty much any new Gen 5 mega would be nice.
>>
I want two things in Gen 8:
- A different regional Mimikyu that's looks like a normal sheet ghost with eye holes that'll be Normal/Ghost type

-A Mega Ledian. It looks so cool, but I can never use it in competitive. If a Mega Evo can save Beedrill, it can save the bug based on Pulseman.
>>
>>33178996
Aerodactyl, because it's a MonHun reference and those games are great.
Yes
Gen V and later Pokemon need some Mega love. It's a disgrace that the only Pokemon from the newer generations to get a Mega was Audino.
>>33179239
To be fair, Goodra and Kommo-o really need the help and always have needed the help. Between those two and the ones that already have Megas, the only remaining Pseudos would be Hydreigon and Dragonite, neither one of which is top-tier at the moment. Mega Launcher Mega Hydreigon with little to no Speed boost and Gale Wings Mega Dragonite with unfocused stat gains could be balanced pretty easily.
>>
File: mega_steelix.png (166KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
mega_steelix.png
166KB, 400x480px
Mega Steelix. Bred a perfect bro for Alpha and Omega, ran him through as an HA Onix and evolved him right before pokemon league and fucking wrecked.

I was so disappointed he didn't come to SuMo
>>
File: 078Rapidash_AG_anime.png (29KB, 660x774px) Image search: [Google]
078Rapidash_AG_anime.png
29KB, 660x774px
>>33178996
My favourite Mega is Mega Absol.
I'm not sure if I want Megas to come back. I'd welcome them if the concept was done well, but right now it's wasted potential.

Let's make an example. Take Rapidash, add some fire wings to it, touch up the horn a little bit and change the eyes to be blue. Make it a Fire/Fairy type with Pixilate, add 35 to Attack, 20 to Speed, 10 to Special Defense, 20 to Defense and 15 to Special Attack. Mega Rapidash is now a Pokémon loved by little kids and strong enough to be viable, but not to the point of being game-breaking.
Sounds simple enough, anyone could do it, right? Well, Game Freak can't.
They just take the strongest motherfuckers around, add random spikes to them and make them even stronger, but ugly.

Right now I'd love megas for Rapidash, Lapras, Luxray and Golurk. At the same time, I do NOT want them, because I know that GF would screw themp up.
>>
Mega Bisharp would be badass. Not sure if it neefs it though.
>>
>>33178996
Meg evos were a mistake
What started out as something to give shitmons a nice boost to be able to be competitive turned into only the most popular (and already competitive) mons getting them
>>
File: 1387520835767.png (293KB, 1104x642px) Image search: [Google]
1387520835767.png
293KB, 1104x642px
Don't mind me, I'm just the coolest mega who should have been a normal evolution
>>
Where the fuck is Mega Froslass?
>>
File: Mega Glalie.png (165KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Glalie.png
165KB, 400x480px
>>33178996
Pic related is my bro. Great design, excellent in the TCG, and boosted a rather "meh" pokemon. Altaria is my close second, with Tyranitar being third.

I really do hope they come back in Gen 8. The best part of Megas was seeing old Pokemon reinvented, so as the Pokedex grows, so should the amount of Megas. Also, Macargo, Cacturne, and Yanmega would be prime Mega material. Octillery would too, but I'd rather it get a standard evolution/side evolution.
>>
Salamence Is alright,
And no I don't want megas back
>>
>>33180930
Sableye and Spiritomb have shitty stats to compensate, bud.
>>
>>33183276
>>33184575
Yep, hear these men.
GF only takes the strongest ones. I mean, the Kanto starters, BEEDRILL, PIDGEOT, Kangaskhan, PINSIR,Ampharos, Houndoom, MAWILE especially, Manectric, Banette, SHARPEDO, Camerupt, Altaria, Glalie, Lopunny and motherfucking AUDINO were OVERPOWERED AS FUCK before getting megas.
>>
>>33189567
>>33189567
yeah dude, let's ignore gengar, scizor, gyarados, mewtwo, tyranitar, garchomp, salamence, metagross, latios, latias, rayquaza and diance because you're fucking stupid. and no, kangaskhan, mawile and the charizards are not examples of well done megas because they're broken, while pidgeot, glalie, audino and many others are still akward as fuck to use, even without considering the fact that you could choose a mega so much better that it could win games alone.
>>
>>33190074
>Diancie
Diancie was pretty fucking shit too before it got a Mega. And in what world are the Mega Charizards broken?
>>
File: 3e6e0da4954bb36320e3b0f9e6df7bf7.jpg (233KB, 2081x2333px) Image search: [Google]
3e6e0da4954bb36320e3b0f9e6df7bf7.jpg
233KB, 2081x2333px
JUST RELEASE THE STONES GAMEFREAK YOU CUNTS

Mega Altaria was so fun to build around.
>>
>>33184626
They should made it have 3 heads
>>
slowking needs a mega
>>
File: 56132477_p2_master1200.jpg (157KB, 440x605px) Image search: [Google]
56132477_p2_master1200.jpg
157KB, 440x605px
>>33181483
The only one i care about
>>
>>33178996
Great concept and I love pretty much every mega. They fucked it all up in sun and moon though so I'd rather just see it go away entirely than stay in the pitiful neglected state it has been in.
>>
I got nothing against the concept, but they need to overhaul the gameplay so that it actually feels like a super form and not just a thing you slap on in every battle from turn 1 with no thought
But they're not going to do that because it's fucking gamefreak, once it's been in a game it's practically written in stone unless it's some stat-based backend shit

I want all the forgotten trashmons to get megas if nothing else, maybe also some that have designs that beg for it like Cofagrigus
I also really want my nigga luxray to go super saiyan, though I don't know if I'd trust them to make a cool design after what they did to manectric
>>
File: 8212-Mega-Scizor.png (347KB, 800x779px) Image search: [Google]
8212-Mega-Scizor.png
347KB, 800x779px
I like getter robo bug
>>
>>33178996
My favorite mega evolution is probably Mega-Steelix. I want a mega machamp, Snorlax and mega mamoswine tho
>>
Give megas to the likes of Farfetch'd, Dunsparce and Luvdisc. They can still "be themselves" by not having regular evolutions and retaining their basic design, but with this they can also have an ace up their sleeve.

Scyther should also get a mega of its own. Scizor is more like an alternative version of Scyther, what today is called a "forme", rather than a normal evolution, with the same amount of stats redistributed and a new type combination allowing for different strategies.
>>
>>33180522
Pls save the railgun. I love that special attack.
>>
>>33178996
I dunno but that one has a sweet ass hooo boy.

I just flew in from e621 and BOY are my arms tired.
>>
>>33180522
>inb4 we cut Vikavolt's speed by 10 so we can add 70 to attack.
>>
File: IMG_6130.jpg (16KB, 282x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6130.jpg
16KB, 282x288px
>>33198470
Aw ye man
>>
>>33198498
Unf
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.