[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk gen 9. Yes you heard that right, gen 9. Why? 2021

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 9.png (287KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
287KB, 1280x1280px
Lets talk gen 9. Yes you heard that right, gen 9. Why?

2021 is the 25th annivesary of Pokemon. 25th annivesaries are always very significant because its the quarter-century and the best way to draw fans in is to release a brand new gen with new Pokemon but also some nostalgia. As we saw with the 20th annivesary celebrations it results in amazing sales. GF wont let that one go to waste.

2021 is very likely to be the start of a new gen

What about gen 8?
Well we do know that the official date for first Switch game is "2018 or later". Obviously "or later" is there in case there's any slip ups and delays but the main plan remains 2018.
2019 would be DP remakes and that would fit perfectly with 5 year gap of GF remakes releases (FRLG 2004, HGSS 2009, ORAS 2014, DP remakes 2019)

2020 would be break year (just like 2015) and that would also mean gen 8 wouldnt get an upgrade game just like XY didnt get one.

Thats just speculation though. Thoughts?
>>
>>33173309
in 2021 they will announce it's over. No more pokémon, go home everybody.
>>
>>33173386
They said Pokémon will continue forever in a recent interview
>>
Totally down with this, good catch on the five year thing would explain why some remakes fall around the 10 year anniversary of their games and why some do not.

My bet and hope is Pikachu and both Raichus get Megas, with Pikachu Electric/Fairy thats a the glass cannon like Tapu Koko, NRaichu fast but physically bulky (Electric/Fighting) and ARaichu specially bulky (Electric/Psychic.)
Maybe ability wise Speed Boost for Pikachu, a paralyze version of poison touch for KPikachu and maybe a psychic version of justified or something for ARaichu not too sure.

And of course more Megas or battle bond or something since they wanna do that then just oh idk- Introduce a Special version of Intimidate or like Iron Kick and other stuff people have been wanting for abilities. And by then hopefully we will have every typing used with normal pokemon cause I want my fighting fairy cat goddess and ghost dragon cereberus dang it.

Either or unless GF wakes all the way up it will be more gimmicks and less cool new pokemon.
>>
>>33173420
>Gen 9 is anniversary gen like 7
>Gen 8 will probably have like 128 Pokémon
>Gen 9 has only 70 new Pokémon
>But, 70 new mega evolutions
>20 new regional varients
>All starters get megas except the unova starters because the inevitable remakes, and the Kalos starters get bond forms in gen 12, alolan in gen 14. Gen 8 starters get new gimmick gen 16. +. So all starters gen 4 and below +9 get megas.
>>
>>33173449
An expansion to this but
>Every Pokémon that's doesn't have a mega that isn't awaiting evolution gets a mega
>2000 people working on gen 9
>30 professional artists
>Best graphics out of any Pokémon game.
>It's a big anniversary game
>The professor studies the potential in Pokémon even greater than(Instert gen 8's gimmick here)
>Gen 10 2 years after this, continues the normal pattern with new Pokémon.
>Gen 19 (50th anniversary)is the biggest gen ever. 200 new Pokémon
>>
>>33173449
I doubt gen 8 will have over 100 new pokemon
>>
>>33173309
>GF wont let that one go to waste.
Oh yes, just like they didn't let the 15th anniversary go to waste either, huh?

You guys are worse than beaten wives. It's like you have stockholm syndrome or something of the sort.
>>
>>33173834
They probably will
>Gen 6 introduced 3D. And Megas probably could as new Pokémon
>Gen 7 is a vacation arc
>>
oh boy more kanto pandering
>>
>>33173886
Yeah... they probably won't.
>>
>>33173871
15 annivesaries are very rarely celebrated. 25th is quarter-century so its almost always celebrated and in a big way
>>
>>33173309
Clearly the 25th anniversary will be a Yellow remake, since Pikachu is No.25 in the Pokédex and we need more Kanto pandering and normies to join in.
>>
File: 1498354695201.png (678KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1498354695201.png
678KB, 800x450px
What makes you so sure 25th anniversary will be the start of gen 9? I think they'll end gen 8 with a Kanto remake, the ultimate form of pandering.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.