[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey vp. Be honest, what was the first Pokemon that you purposely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (144KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 600x450px
Hey vp. Be honest, what was the first Pokemon that you purposely left unevolved?
>>
>>33173267
Chansey, for obvious reasons
>>
>>33173267
Oshawott in BW, made my playthrough so much harder
later in BW2 i let it evolve and honestly, i don't really mind anymore Samurott, it's ok.
>>
Pikachu in Red
>>
I've never done prevented a Pokemon from evolving.
>>
>>33173267
Ivysaur. I didn't like Venusaur back then, but now I warmed up to the thing.
>>
P2 because Eviolite.
Oh God, I've turned into a competitor.
>>
no idea, just some random thing when i was catching them all
if you mean in teams then nothing because i'm not a degenerate who wants to fuck pokemon
>>
Gastly and Haunter. The Pokemon anime really made me think the three Pokemon in the gen 1 ghost family were separate entities the way they all palled around as equals. Their designs are also different enough between the three of them that I think they could pass at totally different creatures.
Anyways, I wanted to have all three in my team at once, so that's what ended up happening.
>>
>>33173267
Every Pokémon that learn interesting moves early, like: Zorua, Treeko or Petilil.

And Pokémon that I like more than their evolution, like : Bidoof, Brionne/Litten or Vulpix.
>>
>>33173267
Aipom and porygon2
>>
>>33173297
Oh! My first unevolved Pokémon was Vulpix in Soul Silver, her name was StarCream and I loved her.
>>
>>33173267
Dragonair. I like dragonite too but it doesn't compare to its prevo, even if its stats are way better. Thunder wave, outrage, aqua tail and dragon dance held its weight on many pre-fairy playthroughs.

After that dragonair, other mons I've left unevolved have been bayleef, combusken, kadabra, machoke, scyther, roselia, misdreavus, sneasel and magneton. Some to see how different they play from their evos, some others just because I like them better and are usable on their own.
>>
>>33173267
Well..

There's the Sneasel I got to level 100 in Sapphire, but that was before it COULD evolve.

Then there's the last playthrough of Blue I ran, I trained a Kadabra and the friend I was going to trade with pussied out halfway through the run, so he never got to evolve. But I certainly intended and desperately wanted him to evolve.

Then theres the Roserade I attempted to train in Diamond, but it took so fucking long to evolve from Budew to Roselia, that by the time I had that Roselia I just hated the thing. So I guess by boxing it you could say I "left it unevolved".

Then there's the Torracat I put an everstone on as soon as it hit lvl 31, and boxed as soon as it fell behind.

Which one of these counts as my "first Pokémon that I purposely left unevolved?"
>>
>>33173267
Braixen
>>
File: 404Luxio.png (132KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
404Luxio.png
132KB, 431x431px
I started the series with HGSS, coming off that into D/P was the most disappointing experience I ever had with the series. This is one of the few pokemon/things I enjoyed from those games.
>>
File: 2139719-kent_surskit.png (80KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2139719-kent_surskit.png
80KB, 320x240px
>>33173267
Yes. Despite Masqerain's better movepool and stats, they just had to remove the Water STAB. Mine was DexNaved(most useful feature ever) to have Hydro Pump aswell. And l traded but returned with a friend who completed ORAS to give it Signal Beam so it would have a decent Bug STAB.
>>
File: HGSSteam.png (129KB, 594x370px) Image search: [Google]
HGSSteam.png
129KB, 594x370px
She's my favorite.
>>
>>33173267
A shiny Dragonair I got in X friend safari, then Porygon2 and Chansey in Sun. Those are the only ones so far.
>>
File: 250px-762Steenee.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-762Steenee.png
44KB, 250x250px
>>33173405
Fuck yeah! Which part of the mon gets ya going?
>>
>>33173968
Eh, I just think it looks better than Delphox, both ingame and overall. I use an Eviolite set with a modest nature
>>
>>33173968
Hope Mallow's in the anime stays unevolved. Its not that Tsareena is bad, but the personality shift would be quite drastic.
>>
Doublade. I somehow regretted ever evolving it for story-mode. Its much mor fun to use and look at for me than its evolution. That form-changing animations got really annoying after a while.
>>
Torracat
>>
File: Meowth_-_Pokemon_Red_and_Blue.png (131KB, 405x377px) Image search: [Google]
Meowth_-_Pokemon_Red_and_Blue.png
131KB, 405x377px
Best pokemon friend, next to Blastoise.
>>
File: Deserving of its own mega.jpg (124KB, 620x590px) Image search: [Google]
Deserving of its own mega.jpg
124KB, 620x590px
>>33173267
Dewott. Fucking favorite pokemon ever
>>
>>33173267
During an ingame playthrough, none. In competitive, Porygon2.
>>
>>33173267
Dunsparce.
>>
File: Crab.png (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Crab.png
68KB, 300x300px
I love this crab, but its evo is just uugh. It's not even the typing. I think the ice type is pretty cool, but Crabominable just looks terrible.

Slapped an eviolite on this bad boy and he actually wrecked face.
>>
File: CiHmBS3WkAAZTAo.jpg (51KB, 600x693px) Image search: [Google]
CiHmBS3WkAAZTAo.jpg
51KB, 600x693px
ive prevented pokemon from evolving in the past just to get them better moves, like preventing skrelp from evo until it learned dragon pulse, but the only pokemon i purposely never evolved was litten
>>
Charmander was the first, because it was my fourth playthrough and I already finished with all fully evolved starters.
Most recently, I just prevented Torracat from turning into sausagefingers the dark wrestler.
>>
>>33173267
Dusclops because i like its look more thsn Noir and it was cool for the story mode.
>>
>>33173267

A random shiny Whismur I caught in Omega Ruby. I'm not a fan of it's evolved forms so I everstoned it before leveling it up.
>>
>>33173267
None from a purely look standpoint if that's what you mean.

Obviously I've left things like Chansey and Porygon2 for competitive and almost all of them for my living Dex, for example but it had nothing to do with their looks.

As for the first I might have done it to for one of those reasons I've no idea now, nearly two decades and tens of thousands of hours later since it would've been done in Gen 1. One of them, I guess just no idea which one.
>>
First and only was my Nidorina in my X Nuzlocke, because I thought giving her Eviolite would be better than evolving her. I'm pretty sure I was wrong, but she never died, so I guess it turned out alright in the end.
>>
>>33173282
Same. And Grovyle.

Have you seen Sceptiles gen 3 sprite? Christ
>>
>>33174498
>Deserves its own mega
Its better to hope that its evolution gets a mega that would immensely improve the design instead. Your samurai otter in training isn't any special.
>>
Chespin because Quilladin is an abomination
>>
>>33177458
Use ctrl + s for spoiler tags that actually work, guaranteed.
>>
File: DE7432pV0AENn4t.jpg_orig.jpg (205KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DE7432pV0AENn4t.jpg_orig.jpg
205KB, 2000x2000px
>>33177468
Been doing that for years on my desktop so much that I forgot how exactly the code works when writing it out... this should work. Thanks for the hint though.

>>33173267
Has to be Bulbasaur. I didn't use to do this but in the past 10 or so years I have evolved an incredible adoration for this particular mon, and thus made him hold an Everstone most of the time. Beat a few leagues with him, too.

There's other reasons but let's not get into those here...
>>
File: woopool.png (343KB, 700x612px) Image search: [Google]
woopool.png
343KB, 700x612px
Not that I don't like Quagsire, but Wooper's just better. Only have kept it unevolved in PMD, though, if that counts.
>>
File: treecko.jpg (28KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
treecko.jpg
28KB, 300x267px
In Emerald Omega, so it would learn Giga Drain and Energy Ball. I guess this doesn't count as "left" since I evolved it after.

If I prefer a Pokemon's earlier evo I probably just won't use it altogether.
>>
>>33173968
>>33173974

I kept Braixen unevolved because she's like your cute little sister who is also a witch, and it felt wrong to evolve her.
>>
Turtwig, I like Turtwig.
>>
>>33173267
Turtwig back in Pearl. Guess I just really didn't like Grotle or Torterra at the time for some reason.
>>
>>33173267
Roselia
>>
Helioptile
>>
File: 1386528616986.jpg (417KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1386528616986.jpg
417KB, 500x707px
I tried to make a team in Silver version with only baby Pokemon on it. It didn't go well.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.