[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the status on how the GS VC release will affect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: gold-silver-169-en.jpg (92KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
gold-silver-169-en.jpg
92KB, 578x327px
So what's the status on how the GS VC release will affect the meta? What's gonna get a big boost from the curse TM?
>>
Lugia?
>>
Crabhammer Mew is about the only thing worth mentioning.
>>
mind reader + fissure poliwrath
>>
>>33168069
not worth it, considering articuno can do that already with sheer cold
>>33167846
Ho-oh and Lugia can be shiny and have their HA now
>>
>>33168153
>inb4 none of the transferred mons get their hidden ability
>except the machamp line
>>
>>33168153
>Inb4 they also don't fix the Transporter code so anything found Shiny in G/S isn't Shiny when transported.
>>
>>33169129
A relevant mon in GS is shiny so they'll probably do so.
>>
>>33169170

Maybe they'll be lazy about it and just use the current formula but do a separete check for shininess and so the odds of getting a shiny will go up overall.
>>
>>33169384
In order to make Gyarados pass you have to check if it was shiny in the original which might as well be used for all mons. So the odds of getting a shiny will be the same as vanilla GSC.
>>
>>33169129
>any shinies transferred over will have shit IVs
>just like the original
>>
>>33169571

>Implying there's any conversion of D.V's to I.V's.
>>
>>33169571
All of them transferred are guaranteed 3, 31's like legends (save event Mew which is guaranteed 5) so that's actually pretty good.

That also makes it a 1 in 32 chance to get 4 and a 1 in 1024 chance to get 5. Not as terrible as it could be since in the wild that would vbe the rates seeing you get just 1 or 2, 31 IVs respectively.
>>
>>33167846
It will be released, it will allow trades with the RBY virtual console, people will transfer their red gyarados into RBY, do the glitch and get a blue ditto, transfer it over, breed a mon with a ditto so it obtains half the shiny IVs and then breed the mon that came from that egg with either the blue ditto or another mon from that couple for an easy chance to get a shiny mon, people will abuse this to farm shinies like crazy
>>
File: 1501026921357.png (192KB, 553x206px) Image search: [Google]
1501026921357.png
192KB, 553x206px
>Typhlosion now has Submission
Is physical Typhlosion now a thing??????
>>
>>33169695
Only gen 1 & 2 shinies, though.
>>
>>33168055
How do you expect to get mew in GS VC
>>
>>33169904
F8
>>
>>33169571

Either way, we have hyper training. Any pokemon can go from the bottom to the top now. Thank god.
>>
>>33169904
Mew was distributed to the VC games officially in a few countries.

I guarantee you'll be able to move it up to G/S through the time machine. If they can get trading to work there's no reason why that wouldn't.
>>
http://glitchcity.info/wiki/Celebi_trick
>>
>>33169842
Some from Gen 4 as well.

We can also easily get Alolan Raichu, Exeggutor, and Cubone because of this.
>>
>>33170435

It'd get blocked like glitch Mews that weren't altered by ACE.
>>
>>33169824
Still outclassed by Emboar
>>
>>33171363
Depends on if they do another event. You could "technically" have the same OT and ID as the event mon.
>>
>>33169695
Are Mews and Celebis obtained through glitch manipulation legal? I imagine not, yeah? It was something I wondered recently.
>>
>>33171363
>>33171412
Nvm I'm an idiot. Didn't bother to read the thread.
>>
>>33169695
You can't breed a parent with its offspring in gen II, so you're stuck just breeding the Ditto with the same parent. Not to mention breeding in gen II is so slow and tedious it isn't even worth it. Especially given how stupidly easy egg RNG abuse is in SM. Only reason to shiny breed in GS is if you need the exclusive TM moves, otherwise it's a waste of time.

>inb4 exploiting a deliberately programmed rng is cheating but exploiting an unintentional glitch isn't
>>
>>33169904
Are they allowing trading between RBY VC and GS VC? Because then it'd be easy enough to trade a Mew you glitched into RBY over to GS.
>>
>>33171449
Hatching eggs in SM sucks because there are no O-Powers or d-pad movement.
>>
>>33171449
I remember hearing this parent-offspring thing back in the day, but at this point I can't find anything online to confirm that or even any plausible way the game would be able to keep track of a parent/child relationship with the extremely limited storage space for Gen II. I don't think this is an issue that actually exists.
>>
>>33171496
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/rby_gsc_stats#breeding
>the baby inherits certain DVs from the parent of the opposite gender, or Ditto if it is used.
>Defense: Always inherited from the relevant parent.
>Special: Inherited from the relevant parent 50% of the time. If it is not inherited, the DV generated is the parent's Special stat +-8 (minus if the parent's DV is between 8 and 15, and otherwise plus).

https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal/blob/master/engine/breeding/egg.asm
>If Defense DVs match and the lower 3 bits of the Special DVs match,
>avoid breeding

That's how the game does it, albeit at a 1/128 risk of a false positive. (Lower 3 bits matching = same remainder after division by 8.)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.