[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There exists a universe where BW1+2 took the place of RGBY+GSC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: 1492939281117.jpg (715KB, 2136x870px) Image search: [Google]
1492939281117.jpg
715KB, 2136x870px
>There exists a universe where BW1+2 took the place of RGBY+GSC
>And you're not living in it
I want to kill myself.
>>
>>33162194
You should really fucking do it, you stinking unovabortion. The rest of us wouldn't miss your underaged shitposting.
>>
>>33162194
Unova Pokémon, save for a select few, fucking suck.

Kill your self, Unovabortion.
>>
>>33162626
If they had been released as Gen 1 everyone would love them out of nostalgia.
>>
>>33162648
That's where you're wrong.

I was in the gen one hype. Theyre shit games that don't hold up.

Try again, Unovabortion.
>>
sounds homosex
>>
>>33162676
are you retarded?
>>
>>33162724
Anyone who unironically uses the term unovabortion is retarded, just like any other genwarfag.
>>
>>33162648
If that garbage been released as the "first generation", the series never would have become popular and warranted sequels in the first place
>>
>>33162648
If they were released as Gen 1 would people have even liked them to begin with
>>
>>33162648
>those shit designs
>people would love them
If this shit linear games were released in 1996, pokemania would have never existed
>>
>>33162951
Whatever helps you sleep at night, grampa
>>
>>33162993
>muh multiverse theory is real
>I don't have a reply, so I will call you grampa
Unovabortions must die.
>>
>>33162951
Kids have low standards, you know.
>>
>>33162194
"Hilda" has a mans face
>>
>>33163579
You can play as a boy or a boy!
>>
>>33162737
Is the term unovabortion like an inside joke in vp? I mean the insult is completly lame and unimaginative and it doesnt feel right to say it out loud as an insult (it doesnt relieve stress as most short and concise insults do), and yet i keep hearing over and over again.
>>
>>33166061
Pretty much yeah.

Gen1- Genwunner
Gen2- Johtoddler
Gen3- Hoennbaby
Gen4- Sinnohfetus
Gen5- Unovabortion
Gen6- Kalosperm

The full list of it.
>>
>>33166080
damnit, even the other names suck. I guess I was hoping too much for the others to be as good genwunner. Thanks for the info.
>>
>GBC graphics in the proper light/faded palette with with darker sprites

Complete fucking kino. This is why I still play GBC games on an actual GBC and not a GBA.

I really need to get a recharged GSC cart so I can play it again on real hardware.
>>
>>33166080
Alolacenta
>>
>>33162194
Source?
>>
>>33166147
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>33166176
Source?
>>
>>33166080
Wasnt there one like xygote? That was like injecting pure cringe into my eyes.
>>
>>33166110
Hoenbabby was so popular that the mods censored it.
>>
>>33162194
I think it's for the best.
Otherwise the franchise would have been a huge disappointment after that, instead we got excited a lot up until gen V that is the best.
>>
>>33162676
>>33162768
>>33162772
>>33162951
Jesus, fucking genwunners. I thought you guys got purged a long time ago. I've been playing Pokémon since gen I as well and the Unova designs are objectively not better or worse than the Kanto designs. If anything there's more shit designs in Kanto, like Mr. Mime, Jynx, three different purple piles of slime, a few evolutions that are literally just 'now there's more of them glued together', and so on.

Also to this guy >>33162951

Pokémon has always been linear and easy. It's just your nostalgia that tells you otherwise. Or perhaps you guys just spend too much time around other people that keep circlejerking about the old games without giving the newer ones a chance.
>>
>>33166570
The games have become more linear as time has gone by. That's not even a question.
>>
>>33166576
The only 'nonlinear' games were GSC, because you could do a few of the badges in any order. And there it fucked with all the level scaling.

Gen I was 'nonlinear' only if you purposely skip gyms (like Erika's). But since you have to go back to do it anyways it doesn't impact the game in any meaningful way.

Maybe it felt like you had more freedom because you were a dumbass fucking kid like the rest of us, which makes things feel more impressive.
>>
>>33166593
Do you want to deal with Koga or Sabrina first, neither is much more out of the way than the other.
Then if you deal with Koga, do you then go up to Sabrina or do you go down for Blaine.
Those are clearly choices. And the fact that you can actually go past a city before you have done everything in it has become gradually rarer. Now there are roadblocks and cutscenes everywhere.
>>
>>33166607
The Koga/Sabrina issue is the only real 'choice'.

Being able to proceed before doing everything in a city is only artificial nonlinearity, since you have to visit and explore the location anyways to advance the plot.

Anyways the point is that these are such minor, trivial choices, but people talk about them as if you've got complete freedom in the older games, which is obviously not true. Back in the '90s, if you asked a child what their favorite part of the Pokémon games was, I severely doubt that their answer would be 'the nonlinearity'. The 'Pokémania' was due to the combination of the games, the cards, the show and the marketing surrounding all of this. The reason newer games don't cause new waves of Pokémania (even though they're usually still the best-selling games on their respective consoles) is because it's not new anymore. It's not because the games are 'less linear' and it's not because the designs are 'worse', it's because people get bored with stuff.
>>
>>33166649
>The Koga/Sabrina issue is the only real 'choice'.
Even if that was the case, which it isn't, that's way more than anything BW lets you do. Clearly indicating that the early games were less linear.
>Being able to proceed before doing everything in a city is only artificial nonlinearity, since you have to visit and explore the location anyways to advance the plot.
Since when did the choice between doing A or B first become an artificial choice if you eventually have to do both? The plot of the earlier games wasn't as streamlined and left more room up to you. If you fight Blaine or Sabrina after Koga it doesn't hurt the plot much.
>Anyways the point is that these are such minor, trivial choices, but people talk about them as if you've got complete freedom in the older games, which is obviously not true.
Except nobody in this thread said that they were completely open world. Just less linear, which is true and flat out denied.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with the games being more linear or not. But I'm pretty sure most of the kids wouldn't say the story was their favorite part either, my bet is on the catching or battling part.
>>
>>33166690
Post >>33162951 literally states that 'linearity' is the only factor that differentiates gen V from gen I when it comes to causing Pokémania, while in reality it's really just a very small, almost negligible aspect of the game.

It really wasn't any parts of the game on its own. Pokémon didn't bring anything to the table that hasn't been done before. Monster catching games have existed before Pokémon (SMT comes to mind), and Pokémon doesn't stand out in any particular field. The reason it was so popular was because there were several different things that could be marketed to sort of hit all of the sweet spots, namely the show, video games and cards, and GF/Nintendo sort of 'lucked out' that all of these synergized so well. People who started watching the anime were more likely to buy the games as well, and people who loved the games were more likely to start watching the show, and so on.
>>
>>33166737
That anon also lists the designs, which as far as marketing goes probably is the most important aspect and incredibly hard to analyze. Either way, it is useless to try to predict how the future would have played out if gen V came first.
My point is solely to point out that your "the games haven't become more linear" statement is bullshit, and whether or not you think the change is considerable really doesn't matter.
>>
>>33162194
I see
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.